Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Hey, we got what we got.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK6yYxtaWzk

And yeah, given we did the kickstarter, we kinda have to charge for it. Also, well, it keeps us running and developing.

I wish we had a publisher or someone advancing us the funds, we're doing our best with what we have.
I'm trying not to sell spaceships that will never exist, okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Warcabbit posted:

I'm trying not to sell spaceships that will never exist, okay?

Clearly that's where you're loving up. Idiots with money love spaceships that will never exist!

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

yeah, sorry if that came off hostile, it's just an important distinction to make

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Id buy into that spaceship

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
any player powers yet?

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

LordSaturn posted:

yeah, sorry if that came off hostile, it's just an important distinction to make

Nah, I totally want to give it to everyone. I just can't.

Crasical: see the end of the video. Technically, we have player powers, they just don't have animations, so right now combat looks like two people standing next to each other till one of them no longer has a red bar. Then one wanders off. We're currently working our tails off on fixing that.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Warcabbit posted:

Crasical: see the end of the video. Technically, we have player powers, they just don't have animations, so right now combat looks like two people standing next to each other till one of them no longer has a red bar. Then one wanders off. We're currently working our tails off on fixing that.

Wurm was like that for years I'm sure it's fine!!!

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Warcabbit posted:

combat looks like two people standing next to each other till one of them no longer has a red bar. Then one wanders off.

Can't wait to try out City of Stoics

Personally I appreciate you keeping this thread updated, I think I follow the CoT twitter but hardly ever actually see what it posts. If you don't post here I might miss it whenever it's ready. Despite CoH reappearing, I'm still really eager and hopeful for this successor, whenever it's ready. Thank you!

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

zzMisc posted:

Can't wait to try out City of Stoics

Personally I appreciate you keeping this thread updated, I think I follow the CoT twitter but hardly ever actually see what it posts. If you don't post here I might miss it whenever it's ready. Despite CoH reappearing, I'm still really eager and hopeful for this successor, whenever it's ready. Thank you!
Exactly this. I am genuinely looking forward what a modern MMO taking lessons from City of Heroes and the scores of post-WOW MMOs could do.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Getting a character that can AoE farm to level 50 was the best idea.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm so desperate for a modern superhero game that it's making me crazy.

I love CoH but I can't really play it anymore. It's just too old and I've seen so much of it.

If a modern MMO could somehow have the same level of movement as Just Cause, I'd flip out.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dinictus posted:

Exactly this. I am genuinely looking forward what a modern MMO taking lessons from City of Heroes and the scores of post-WOW MMOs could do.

Inzombiac posted:

I'm so desperate for a modern superhero game that it's making me crazy.

I love CoH but I can't really play it anymore. It's just too old and I've seen so much of it.

If a modern MMO could somehow have the same level of movement as Just Cause, I'd flip out.

Extreme same, I believe in you Warcabbit :hai:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mission:Tip_-_Under-the-Table_Job

SO I encountered this in the wild for the first time ever.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
As my southern grandma would say, oh my

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Crasical posted:

A lot of the alignment missions for Rogues and Vigilantes are kinda... off.

Like one time, you hear about a young sidekick who is posting all kinds of secrets on social media. To show him the error of his ways, you have some of your friends in Malta (???) kidnap his grandmother, then lead him on an elaborate chase and lead him to believe that his mentor has been killed... then at the end, grammy dies of a heart attack, the young hero attacks you, and you have to put him down. Ah well, lesson learned.

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mission:Tip_-_The_Dragon%27s_Whelp

On another one, the player gets a personal note from Positron telling you that the Fifth Column have filled out all the proper paperwork and are going to have a perfectly legal parade, and although he doesn't agree with them, it's all aboveboard, and you're not to interfere, mmmmkay??? Okay, so what's a hero to do? Why of course, you bust into the nearest Fifth Column base, hack the computer, and reprogram the Wolfpack robots to fire on the civilians watching the parade!

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mission:Tip_-_The_Heeded_Warning

Gynovore fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 19, 2021

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Warcabbit posted:

Hurry the gently caress up. :* I had a dream I started playing CoX again.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Gynovore posted:

On another one, the player gets a personal note from Positron telling you that the Fifth Column have filled out all the proper paperwork and are going to have a perfectly legal parade, and although he doesn't agree with them, it's all aboveboard, and you're not to interfere, mmmmkay??? Okay, so what's a hero to do? Why of course, you bust into the nearest Fifth Column base, hack the computer, and reprogram the Wolfpack robots to fire on the civilians watching the parade!

"And that's why we have antifa instead, Mom."

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Gynovore posted:

A lot of the alignment missions for Rogues and Vigilantes are kinda... off.

Like one time, you hear about a young sidekick who is posting all kinds of secrets on social media. To show him the error of his ways, you have some of your friends in Malta (???) kidnap his grandmother, then lead him on an elaborate chase and lead him to believe that his mentor has been killed... then at the end, grammy dies of a heart attack, the young hero attacks you, and you have to put him down. Ah well, lesson learned.

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mission:Tip_-_The_Dragon%27s_Whelp

The vigilante ones you get in the rogue isles are specifically for heel turning so yes they're messed up.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Holy gently caress they nerfed the gently caress out of Titan Weapons. Holy poo poo. I see Starsman is still alive. Are they really going to nerf bio again?

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 19, 2021

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Crasical posted:

:allbuttons:

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Crasical posted:

In the level 40-50 tip missions, Miss Thystle has become a hero. I'm guessing she doesn't bring this mission up very often.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

I snagged the new mids to see things. They nerf slotting to only 5 slots or am I messing up?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I snagged the new mids to see things. They nerf slotting to only 5 slots or am I messing up?

I think that would take some insane reworking of the game to do something like that. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

I think that would take some insane reworking of the game to do something like that. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Have there been any crazy changes since they went public? Like, gamechanging levels. Not quality of life stuff. I assume they've just kept going with that.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I hopped in today and suddenly my titan weapon/regen build isn't able to solo any more. Im just a weak little kitten

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Have there been any crazy changes since they went public? Like, gamechanging levels. Not quality of life stuff. I assume they've just kept going with that.

aside from things already mentioned, they added some new support sets. but that doesn't sound like the Tommy part of the game, does it

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
new costume pieces when?

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

LordSaturn posted:

aside from things already mentioned, they added some new support sets. but that doesn't sound like the Tommy part of the game, does it

Believe it or not, I did enjoy my defender quite a bit. Granted, a cold/son defender that made the team unkillable and murderborgs, but it was support.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

trick arrow is extremely good and fun now, it might as well be a new set

elec affinity is okay. just fine all around. i like it enough to play it, but i like it more on controller and MMs

that sonic blaster secondary looks like shite but i haven't played it so maybe i'm wrong

i am completely brainfarting on other new-new sets though. not counting pools.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

no I think those were it, they don't do a ton of them

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Crasical posted:

Y'know, I wouldn't necessarily say there was a prominent streak of yikes-y poo poo in the last few years of development but there definitely was a streak of yikes-y poo poo.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Tsurupettan posted:

trick arrow is extremely good and fun now, it might as well be a new set

elec affinity is okay. just fine all around. i like it enough to play it, but i like it more on controller and MMs

that sonic blaster secondary looks like shite but i haven't played it so maybe i'm wrong

i am completely brainfarting on other new-new sets though. not counting pools.

EM doesn't suck complete rear end anymore!

iirc the beta stuff right now is basically just upping speed caps on travel powers but not much else. Stuff's kinda at a snail's pace

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Abroham Lincoln posted:

EM doesn't suck complete rear end anymore!

iirc the beta stuff right now is basically just upping speed caps on travel powers but not much else. Stuff's kinda at a snail's pace

i guess energy melee's rework was enough to be new all over again, yeah. some new mechanics, one new power.

saying it 'doesn't suck complete rear end' is an understatement though since EM is now competing for one of the best melee sets in the game.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I just made an en/en brute because of this, I remember being really disappointed in en on live

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Feeling the itch to play again. Apparently it's been 400-600 days since I've logged into my homecoming characters.

Where do people play now? What builds got buffed/nerfed? Did they ever figure out how to make the Sentinel archetype cool and good?

e: turns out the homecoming discord has live server stats and at this moment Excelsior has 430 players online, Everlasting 270. Everlasting is the unofficial RP server according to a year old reddit post.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 8, 2021

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Excelsior, Titan Weapons got nerfed pretty bad, dominators and energy melee got good reworks and probably more I'm forgetting, new sets, no clue on sentinels

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sentinels were always fine, it's just that their opportunity mechanic is kinda out of your control, so it can be annoying.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Well I decided to give necro/storm mm another try since it really fits my name. Immediately got into an Atlas Park mission group and got carried to 15 :toot:.

Nice to be back, nothing else plays like this game does. Gotta hunt down those mm macros again.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Diephoon posted:

Well I decided to give necro/storm mm another try since it really fits my name. Immediately got into an Atlas Park mission group and got carried to 15 :toot:.

Nice to be back, nothing else plays like this game does. Gotta hunt down those mm macros again.

Search for "Sandalphon's MM binds", those are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Diephoon posted:

Carful with that build. Storm is great but melee heavy MMs struggle with it. Necro maybe the most since their AI is hot dookie.