Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
The missing tweet is probably the post where he himself literally says that she has really bad spatial and related skills or something like "she doesn't intuit it".

I dont know if it's child abuse (partly because I think it reeked of him inexplicable exaggerating for badass funny man internet points) but it's not great parenting and super loving weird to broadcast grinning at your child while they needlessly fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
She's nine years old just open the can of beans for her, gently caress!!! Jesus!!!!!!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm guessing it's less his daughter having a disability and more him being sexist. There are studies that suggest that males are better than females at spatial reasoning, and studies that show that those differences may not be biological.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I'm secure enough in my intelligence to admit that I never would have figured out a can opener on my own. And I don't even know if a 9 year old necessarily has the grip strength to actually puncture the lid in the first place.

What is it about parenthood that short circuits peoples brain into thinking anyone wants to hear their endless pontificating?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

grittyreboot posted:

I'm secure enough in my intelligence to admit that I never would have figured out a can opener on my own. And I don't even know if a 9 year old necessarily has the grip strength to actually puncture the lid in the first place.

What is it about parenthood that short circuits peoples brain into thinking anyone wants to hear their endless pontificating?

I'm living with my girlfriend and she was flummoxed by the tin opener I have. Growing up they had an electric one and she stared at my old-rear end manual one and was like what the gently caress do I do with this? It kind of attaches at the side and not on top like some do and she just sort of blanked until I showed her.

Bean guy made an obnoxious tweet and then got surprised that people responded to it. It's a particularly insufferable sub-genre of Tweeting where someone says something they know will set some people off and then act surprised when it happens.

Like, this is a mild example of it, but it seems designed to get a specific response

https://twitter.com/HadleyFreeman/status/1348897002885668870?s=19

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I just thought it was weird he'd never had her do it when preparing dinner or something. By 9 I'd definitely opened cans to help my parents get dinner ready.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

RareAcumen posted:

Anyone remember a video on cosmetics and lootboxes and all that poo poo? I faintly remember that one of the main points was something like 'Cosmetics aren't non-essential, if they didn't matter, they wouldn't be asking you to pay for them.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5CDrq4dGg

This might be what you're looking for.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Hey all. My enormous video on Qanon should be out by the end of the day. Just wondering though, as Youtube is cracking down hard on Qnon material, shuld I avoid putting "Qanon" in the title or tagging it with Qanon?

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

Edit: Oops, didn't even realize someone else posted the same video two posts up.

Genthil fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 12, 2021

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

RareAcumen posted:

Anyone remember a video on cosmetics and lootboxes and all that poo poo? I faintly remember that one of the main points was something like 'Cosmetics aren't non-essential, if they didn't matter, they wouldn't be asking you to pay for them.'

Minor detail that no one's really aware about.

Sadly the tweet's deleted so there goes the full context as well.

Dan Olsen's Fortnite video

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

muscles like this! posted:

Jenny’s Vampire Diaries went back up for a while at least. If anyone gets the chance I would definitely recommend it. It is two and a half hours of the best kind of nonsense.

Can't find it :smith:

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

MonsieurChoc posted:

Can't find it :smith:

People should really add thats its only available to Patrons right now.
So there's that reason why the link is not shared either.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

Hey all. My enormous video on Qanon should be out by the end of the day. Just wondering though, as Youtube is cracking down hard on Qnon material, shuld I avoid putting "Qanon" in the title or tagging it with Qanon?

Doing either of those will get you demonitozed for certain, and possibly removed as well.

Youtube hasn't done a recent loon purge like Twitter and Facebook did, mostly because it was already fine-tuning content visibility for years now. That doesn't mean it's not going to do it. You'd be safer using oblique terms like 'Trump's Cult' and such, because most Q-adjacent terms will likely be in the algorithm list.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

I'm living with my girlfriend and she was flummoxed by the tin opener I have. Growing up they had an electric one and she stared at my old-rear end manual one and was like what the gently caress do I do with this? It kind of attaches at the side and not on top like some do and she just sort of blanked until I showed her.

Bean guy made an obnoxious tweet and then got surprised that people responded to it. It's a particularly insufferable sub-genre of Tweeting where someone says something they know will set some people off and then act surprised when it happens.

Like, this is a mild example of it, but it seems designed to get a specific response

https://twitter.com/HadleyFreeman/status/1348897002885668870?s=19

lmfao thats bait but god what a bad take. Just conveniently forgetting Sex and the City 2 movie

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The first response to Freeman is somebody saying they don't watch gangster films because 'this says nothing to me about my life' and I'm torn between A) how do you know until you've seen it and B) if I stuck to that sort of thing I could only ever watch Clerks and maybe some sitcoms. Also it's Twitter I don't actually feel like engaging with it on there.

Anyway, yeah, MadMaxThatsBait.gif.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Also the Sopranos has plenty of "shagging".

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
yeah baby, yeah!!!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Dawgstar posted:

The first response to Freeman is somebody saying they don't watch gangster films because 'this says nothing to me about my life' and I'm torn between A) how do you know until you've seen it and B) if I stuck to that sort of thing I could only ever watch Clerks and maybe some sitcoms. Also it's Twitter I don't actually feel like engaging with it on there.

Anyway, yeah, MadMaxThatsBait.gif.

I'm sure there must exist a gangster movie featuring blackface.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

grittyreboot posted:

Dealing with parents, particularly youngish parents and/or parents of youngish children, may be one of the most tiresome exercises on the planet. Particularly when you yourself don't have kids and do not plan to have kids, because invariably they will ask and when you tell them this it will go in one ear, be processed by their broke-rear end brain as a personal attack against their decision to have kids, and come out their mouth as an unprompted list of reasons why you should, in fact, have kids and are terrible for not wanting them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

YggiDee posted:

This might be what you're looking for.

Genthil posted:

Jim Sterling covered that topic three years back. I'm not sure if it's exactly the video you're looking for though.

DoctorWhat posted:

Dan Olsen's Fortnite video

Thanks guys, I remember Dan's video but I could've swore someone else had made one on the topic beforehand too too. It was probably one of those.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

RareAcumen posted:

Maybe Folding Ideas' video on Fortnite?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPHPNgIihR0

grittyreboot posted:

For a some people, or the parents that give a drat (even if they do it wrong, but are doing wrong with the best of twisted intentions) being a parent means 90% of your leisure time that was once devoted to something else is now devoted to kids. You either elevate their rearing to being something that's some sort of greater wisdom or you feel a lot of regret. You've got a kid now, better rationalize that it's making your life full and bringing you wisdom rather than realizing you're spending all of your spare time making sure someone else doesn't die out of sheer ignorance of death.

I mean, it's basically a hyper-fandom - no different than that guy that decides after seeing a movie for the 100th time it's clearly some great work of philosophy that backs up the beliefs they already had.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

“Being a parent is basically like being a huge weeb or star wars nerd, but moreso” is a HOT HOT take that I did not expect to see today.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I think the general point is that shows about men murdering each other are timeless critical darlings forever whereas something like sex and the city will get dragged for its out of date politics and world view constantly and theres a general perception that thing that women like = low art and thing that men like = important high art.

Like I don't really care for either show but I'm definitely more sick of hearing fawning praise for shows about bad crime men doing crimes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shows where people do crimes are fun.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Many of the most overrated shows are about bad guys doing crimes or whatever (Breaking Bad/Narcos/True Detective imo). But also when you break Sex and the City down to "woman show about dating and stuff" and The Sopranos down to "man show about guns and stuff" you're engaging with things on literally the most superficial level possible.

Is Sex and the City supposed to be a stand-in for all shows that are popular with women or something? Cause it is its own thing and it has a lot of elements that have legitimately aged worse than most of what's in The Sopranos.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Also Sex and the City is extremely well-regarded, which is one of the reasons that a comeback series is headline news.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Groovelord Neato posted:

Shows where people do crimes are fun.

This.

Also sex and city could’ve used more crimes and death. Like all art

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Tbh I don't care enough about either show to have a ballanced opinion on the actual merits of either just expressing a general frustration with a critical consensus that biases towards stuff I genuinely don't find interesting.

Mainly I just have the same attitude towards ganstershit as people who don't like cringe comedy. I just don't connect or like a character when they're willingly participating in organised crime. A whole show about self serving criminals making the world a shitter place just doesn't appeal to me no matter how well drawn and acted.

I'm not against characters committing crimes in general its just these loving tedious mafiosoes sitting around pasta resturants getting randos beat up for not eating their spaghetti correctly or whatever petty bullshit they've arbitarilly decided is a matter of honour and death that I just can't stand.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mr Phillby posted:

Tbh I don't care enough about either show to have a ballanced opinion on the actual merits of either just expressing a general frustration with a critical consensus that biases towards stuff I genuinely don't find interesting.

Mainly I just have the same attitude towards ganstershit as people who don't like cringe comedy. I just don't connect or like a character when they're willingly participating in organised crime. A whole show about self serving criminals making the world a shitter place just doesn't appeal to me no matter how well drawn and acted.

I'm not against characters committing crimes in general its just these loving tedious mafiosoes sitting around pasta resturants getting randos beat up for not eating their spaghetti correctly or whatever petty bullshit they've arbitarilly decided is a matter of honour and death that I just can't stand.

This post is cringe comedy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

same but instead its about whatever dumb bullshit you like

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Martin Scorsese movies are loving great

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the sopranos and sex and the city are both about empty materialism but only one of them is about how it's a bad thing

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

treat posted:

Oh, okay. My bad. I probably wasn't paying enough attention, I'll admit that. I have a hard time focusing on what he's saying over the volume of his unbearable yuppie smugness.

Why I Season My Hot Takes, NOT My Posts

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Sydin posted:

Dealing with parents, particularly youngish parents and/or parents of youngish children, may be one of the most tiresome exercises on the planet. Particularly when you yourself don't have kids and do not plan to have kids, because invariably they will ask and when you tell them this it will go in one ear, be processed by their broke-rear end brain as a personal attack against their decision to have kids, and come out their mouth as an unprompted list of reasons why you should, in fact, have kids and are terrible for not wanting them.

how often does this happen to yo?. is this like street harassment in that it only happens to people who aren't men? I have a few friends with kids now and none of them have ever sat me down and told me The Truth About Why To Baby.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

Martin Scorsese movies are loving great

:hai:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

After several emotionally exhausting months, my longest video yet is finally up:

Q's Going Nowhere

In it, I talk to professional cult deprogrammer Rick A Ross about Qanon, how people get sucked in, the future of the movement and how people can potentially get out of it. Please give it a look, this one nearly killed me!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Impermanent posted:

how often does this happen to yo?. is this like street harassment in that it only happens to people who aren't men? I have a few friends with kids now and none of them have ever sat me down and told me The Truth About Why To Baby.

Fairly often but I recognize it's also because I'm almost 30, have a bunch of friends and friends of friends who are just entering parenthood, and work in a local government office composed of 95% 40 and up folks who have nothing interesting going on in their lives to small talk about besides their kids. The status of my non-existent children resultingly comes up a lot and when I invariably answer that I do not have and do not particularly want them, instead of just nodding and moving on I almost always get an endless series of probing questions about why I don't want kids, and don't I think I'm selfish for not having kids, etc etc.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Calico Heart posted:

After several emotionally exhausting months, my longest video yet is finally up:

Q's Going Nowhere

In it, I talk to professional cult deprogrammer Rick A Ross about Qanon, how people get sucked in, the future of the movement and how people can potentially get out of it. Please give it a look, this one nearly killed me!

Oh, that's you! Great video, good music choices.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mr Phillby posted:

/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Mr Phillby posted:

i have good news: the sopranos is actually a comedy about a depressed guy and his lovely extended family