Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Too real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Zetsubou-san posted:

and then they get sold to new owner/operators and you have to actually remember the specifics of what you get, instead of asking for "the usual"

I am like 300% sure that this person who is uncomfortable with the server recognizing them has never asked for "the usual" in their life.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Clarste posted:

I am like 300% sure that this person who is uncomfortable with the server recognizing them has never asked for "the usual" in their life.

I realised I had a problem when I came back from my two week break from uni and the nice lady at the maccas drivethru was like "Oh, haven't seen you for a bit!"

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Come to think of it, I've done this exact thing where someone at Starbucks remembered my name so I immediately stopped going there.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hosed up to deprive a service worker of the one interesting interaction they could have

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

A number of years back I ended up swapping bus routes because there was some person who would try and make small talk for the majority of my 30 minute commute. I felt bad about it, but I would absolutely do it again.

Good manga, just binged the whole thing.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Well you've finally posted a weird old game that I don't recognize

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Aurora posted:

hosed up to deprive a service worker of the one interesting interaction they could have

today i learned one of our blackjack regulars killed his landlord a few decades ago

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kirbysuperstar posted:

it's what you get when iwata in 1987 decides to give a lesser known 80s mecha mangaka free reign to make whatever he wants at hal labs so he makes the most technically advanced goofy mecha vn ever released on famicom, four years later, after the game goes massively overbudget before finishing development and sinks hal because the marketing budget was astronomically high

basically it's like the 13 sentinels of 1991 if it wasn't a commercial success

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 11, 2021

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Space Flower posted:

today i learned one of our blackjack regulars killed his landlord a few decades ago

lol

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Is tumblr an allowed image host? I've never used them before here.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

I have a bunch of food stands/trucks/misc. street vendors I frequent and it's a little endearing to hear "¡Heeey, güero/cabrón/huerco/chamaco/primo!". It might be a little dumb, but it sorta puts a skip in my step/slightly brightens my mood. :3:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

The Colonel posted:

it's what you get when iwata in 1987 decides to give a lesser known 80s mecha mangaka free reign to make whatever he wants at hal labs so he makes the most technically advanced goofy mecha vn ever released on famicom, four years later, after the game goes massively overbudget before finishing development and sinks hal because the marketing budget was astronomically high

there was also a remake for the snes that added in some extra scenes, although that isn't translated unfortunately.

nintendo also released an adventure game for the disk system that, among other things, has your character traveling across time and inhabiting the forms of various people. some of these include an animal in the manger during the birth of jesus (who becomes possessed and you have to fight), a prisioner in a concentration camp during ww2, and a slave in a cotton plantation. also, at one point, when you get back to your own time, the world is devasated by nuclear war

speaking of translations, where's my famicom detective club part 1 translation drat it?

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 11, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The Colonel posted:

Ohhh okay, I had heard of it at least. Neat! I'll have to give it a go.

Willo567 posted:

speaking of translations, where's my famicom detective club part 1 translation drat it?

We might get it via the remake I guess. I liked Part 2 a lot..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJc1ymUWe6Y

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Aurora posted:

:yeah:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Penis

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ohhh okay, I had heard of it at least. Neat! I'll have to give it a go.

We might get it via the remake I guess. I liked Part 2 a lot..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJc1ymUWe6Y

Part 2 was loving fantastic. I'd also like it if Famicom Bunko for the SNES ever got translated.

Unfornautely, Shin Onigashima and Yūyūki will probably never be translated, due to how the text is shown in game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i bought 13 sentinels

i started 13 sentinels

i like 13 sentinels

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Willo567 posted:

Part 2 was loving fantastic. I'd also like it if Famicom Bunko for the SNES ever got translated.

Unfornautely, Shin Onigashima and Yūyūki will probably never be translated, due to how the text is shown in game

Yeaaaaah. I'd love to see them but..you're not wrong.

The Colonel posted:

i bought 13 sentinels

i started 13 sentinels

i like 13 sentinels

:hai:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Colonel posted:

i bought 13 sentinels

i started 13 sentinels

i like 13 sentinels

This is me but replace 13 sentinels with Yakuza 7.

I'll get 13 Sentinels eventually.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

What I've learned from watching my wife play through Yakuza LAD is that many of the (actually valid) criticisms you may have of the game kinda fall short when you realize that Ichiban and his ragtag bunch of merry (and not-so merry) fuckups are an absolute loving delight. :allears:

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Does anybody know when we might see Chainsawman part 2? Thought it would've dropped last week on the 4th.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's like the second or third for me, and it's always exciting to find some strange old game I've never heard of :allears:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Weird BIAS posted:

Does anybody know when we might see Chainsawman part 2? Thought it would've dropped last week on the 4th.

No idea. They haven't said anything about it coming back or a release schedule.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ibblebibble posted:

I'll get 13 Sentinels eventually.

I got 13 Sentinels for Christmas, I was extremely excited for it ever since it was announced...

And I have yet to play it because Library of Ruina unexpectedly is like the best game ever made???

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ive been trying to finish chibi robo clean sweep for the past two weeks. the conclusion i've come to is that chibi robo clean sweep kinda sucks and i think it watns me to do the gambling, which is the worst thing in the entire game and i hate hate hate that someone decided the thing a sequel to chibi robo needed was terrible gambling minigames. i dont think i'll finish it even though i'm literally on the last major plot beat. because i literally cannot figure out how to progress to the ending from here.

i liked it kinda at first but the thing i started to feel throughout playing it is that the reason they never made many proper sequels to chibi robo, is cause chibi robo was a one hit wonder and by its nature as a game that's jsut the formula of moon streamlined into something more casually enjoyable, nobody knew how to actually make sequels to it and the one attempt to make a direct sequel was a game that's jsut chibi robo but with all of chibi robo's problems made significantly worse. chibi robo was already worse written than moon and chulip but it at least had fun gameplay to justify it, clean sweep just overstays its welcome and plays worse

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 11, 2021

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
bunch of antisocial jerks in this thread

and I say this as someone who has spent 94% of the last five years in his own house

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAdInDIK8rA

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
just found out the director of geneshaft also directed birdy decode, the escaflowne movie and stars align. guess that explains why geneshaft is actually kind of legitimately decent beyond its ost

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

x
I continue to be a big fan of that slime.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Yotsuiro Biyori was pretty good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

See you at the food court tomorrow 'ended,' but there'll be a 'season 2' of it in Comic Newtype.

highyl recommend this manga, its extremely good

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Endorph posted:

See you at the food court tomorrow 'ended,' but there'll be a 'season 2' of it in Comic Newtype.

is it true that the author suffered from a crisis of confidence because food court was getting more attention & popularity than his other works?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

im the author. yes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Coaaab posted:

is it true that the author suffered from a crisis of confidence because food court was getting more attention & popularity than his other works?
no?

they were worried their twitter would just become 'a food court' account where people only followed them for food court, so they wanted food court to have its own place to be. which it has, via comic newtype. then their twitter could be for their personal art and experimental manga. but there's no indication they had some massive breakdown. what you're probably seeing is just the telephone game where every emotion gets exaggerated to try and create drama.

https://twitter.com/_71416/status/1348952457963999235

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Endorph posted:

no?

they were worried their twitter would just become 'a food court' account where people only followed them for food court, so they wanted food court to have its own place to be. which it has, via comic newtype. then their twitter could be for their personal art and experimental manga. but there's no indication they had some massive breakdown. what you're probably seeing is just the telephone game where every emotion gets exaggerated to try and create drama.

https://twitter.com/_71416/status/1348952457963999235
Cool, thanks for the clarification

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the more attention thing isnt even true because

https://twitter.com/_71416/status/1213488195322515457

this bl thing they drew got 9k rts, 30k likes

https://twitter.com/_71416/status/1264762280563970048

chapter 14 of food court got 5k rts, 18k likes

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Endorph posted:

I'd forgotten about this manga, thank you for the reminder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah food court's rad. there'll be a physical volume of all the twitter comics too, with a ton of omakes and bonuses. hope that gets licensed, but if it doesnt ill probably import it.