Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you looking forward to in 2021?
This poll is closed.
More Bowesette 86 29.76%
This poll being modified by the mods 23 7.96%
game industry unionizing 80 27.68%
less open world AAA games 21 7.27%
being one of cheetah's little pogchamps 1 0.35%
78 26.99%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought the inauguration was virtual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

It's for work, but also I want to attend the inauguration because, as much as Kamala is imperfect, first female VP of America is a massive deal to me, since I was assigned female at birth and raised female

I get it. Be safe.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you think theyre going to make a sensible decision based around a pandemic?? itt will be in person and also anyone who feels bad about wearing a mask for two minutes will be allowed to not wear one so they dont get upset.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ps5 costco bundle go go go https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1349016160310849538?s=20

e: aaaaaand it's gone

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Weedle fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 12, 2021

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Khanstant posted:

how do yall say "daemon"?

i swear it used just be a fancy way to spell "demon" and they were pronounced same but these days i be hearing it pronounced fidderently.

day-mon. Which is objectively wrong, because the ae is supposed to be a æ which is pronounced "ee".

Help Im Alive posted:

stay safe out there everyone. Bowser's Fury will be unleashed today

When will Bowsette's fury be unleashed?

I am ashamed of my words and deeds.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They may make a sensible decision based on the roving hordes of armed chuds, credible threats to the president's life, a desire not to be embarrassed by an inadequate response again, etc

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/1349002424162398210

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Harrow posted:

It's like what if that, but there's a concrete reason for each color and it's not just suggesting connections yeah

at the risk of sounding dumb, I don't think I completely understand the story. it's obviously a faerie tale situation where names hold a kind of power and being fooled into accepting names and titles will mean they are switched in a fashion, but I don't understand exactly what's happening with any of the subjects except the one who was Dr. Japers, who was fooled into having his name stolen by the rabbit person and now the rabbit person has taken Dr. Japers' place. I guess Woods wasn't always Timothy's last name?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SCP as a whole always struck me as trying wayyyyy too hard

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

wuggles posted:

ps5 costco bundle go go go https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1349016160310849538?s=20

e: aaaaaand it's gone

Went in two seconds even as a members only item. PS5 will be impossible to get until July.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My friend got a ps5 and the bastards pulled it out of his cart as they were processing his credit card

Then it did it again later

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

a lot of it is, I remember the one that was basically Sephiroth from the aughts, but many are neat. I like the one Harrow posted even if I only 90% understand its mechanics lol

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Last I heard, Bowser was asking for an increased National Guard presence and denying any permits for demonstrations until after the Inauguration but I haven't been following the news closely.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Walla posted:

Last I heard, Bowser was asking for an increased National Guard presence and denying any permits for demonstrations until after the Inauguration but I haven't been following the news closely.

Before anyone gets any ideas, Muriel Bowser is the mayor of DC

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i wouldn't trust a few goombas and lakitus for security for an event that big

RBA Starblade posted:

Before anyone gets any ideas, Muriel Bowser is the mayor of DC
wow muriel and bowser got married??? did she divorce Eustace?? who's going to look after Courage

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Walla posted:

I might walk up to the Mall that day to see what kind of shitshow it is, I can't expect anything less than a military lockdown

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The 7th Guest posted:

wow muriel and bowser got married??? did she divorce Eustace?? who's going to look after Courage

lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
What's the ratio of Real People to Scalpers in regards to PS5 purchasing? Like 1:1000 or what? It's so stupid. There should really be some kind of anti-scalping measures in place

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Like, in order to buy a PS5, you must show your PSN account is in good standing and has at least one trophy from a Yakuza game

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Simone Magus posted:

Like, in order to buy a PS5, you must show your PSN account is in good standing and has at least one trophy from a Yakuza game

Far too lenient on the number of Yakuza trophies you should have to be able to buy a PS5!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Simone Magus posted:

Even if I wanted to play a bad franchise, I have them on game pass too

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

at the risk of sounding dumb, I don't think I completely understand the story. it's obviously a faerie tale situation where names hold a kind of power and being fooled into accepting names and titles will mean they are switched in a fashion, but I don't understand exactly what's happening with any of the subjects except the one who was Dr. Japers, who was fooled into having his name stolen by the rabbit person and now the rabbit person has taken Dr. Japers' place. I guess Woods wasn't always Timothy's last name?

You basically got it. It's been a while since I read the whole thing myself but another aspect is that names/titles carry identity, so having your name stolen or switched by the faeries also changes who or what you are. That's what's happening to a lot of the subjects, some of whose situations are pretty horrifying.

There's also some Deep SCP Lore in there where one of the canons is about the Foundation loving over faeries in the distant past and this SCP is that coming back to bite them.

RBA Starblade posted:

A lot of it is. I'd say at least 80% of what's posted is crap or just trying way too hard to be clever. There's enough that's actually good to keep me occasionally checking in every few months, though.

Here's one or my favorite simpler, non-horror ones: http://www.scpwiki.com/scp-3338

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barudak posted:

for instance one of the decisions is "no matter what you choose it was the wrong one"

Is this the one where Trish dies cause the way I played it the bad guy set up the ol' trolley problem for Cole and then hosed him over by lying about where Trish was which was loving incredible villainy :allears:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
For some reason I've been playing a bunch of Mafia III lately and there's so much dad rock it's the best.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PPYkUgsVR0

current mood

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
the synth in the back half of this owns lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Harrow posted:

You basically got it. It's been a while since I read the whole thing myself but another aspect is that names/titles carry identity, so having your name stolen or switched by the faeries also changes who or what you are. That's what's happening to a lot of the subjects, some of whose situations are pretty horrifying.

There's also some Deep SCP Lore in there where one of the canons is about the Foundation loving over faeries in the distant past and this SCP is that coming back to bite them.

this much I get, I just don't know what happened with Agent Mercy other than maybe he yelled that as he was getting got so now it's his name? what epithet is it being implied he called the horrible thing that sits atop a throne of bones and cradles a flaming child?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

this much I get, I just don't know what happened with Agent Mercy other than maybe he yelled that as he was getting got so now it's his name? what epithet is it being implied he called the horrible thing that sits atop a throne of bones and cradles a flaming child?

Gamer

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1349023307228704770

:eyepop:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Skyrim! Now on eInk devices!

In actuality. I went from thinking...another Elder Scrolls...the next Wolfenstein...Lucasfilm? What could this be...Oh! That's an exciting idea

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What part of Skyrim is Indiana in?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It doesn't matter--he used the same name/title (epithet) three times, so it became the entity's name and summoned it/gave it power.

The rule is to never refer to anything faerie-related by the same term three times or it becomes a title they can magically use to influence things.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh snap

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i like that machinegames is the official videogame company for nazi killing

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

a lot of it is, I remember the one that was basically Sephiroth from the aughts, but many are neat. I like the one Harrow posted even if I only 90% understand its mechanics lol

wasn't there a huge purge of a bunch of entries that were basically people's OC's (do not steal) I remember the one you cite as one of them

Simone Magus posted:

I'm at 50% on 5 or 6 protagonists, I really need to beat 13 Sentinels before I go up to DC for the inauguration in case I get killed by chuds

remember, go for the eyes of you get in trouble

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 12, 2021

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Harrow posted:

A lot of it is. I'd say at least 80% of what's posted is crap or just trying way too hard to be clever. There's enough that's actually good to keep me occasionally checking in every few months, though.

Here's one or my favorite simpler, non-horror ones: http://www.scpwiki.com/scp-3338

I remember reading a joke SCP once that was a pile of dirty dishes in a break room.

Because everyone there swears that they've been doing their own dishes, yet the pile gets ever larger, so it clearly must be the work of an SCP.

Just a bunch of scientists being passive aggressive against each other.

BisbyWorl fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 12, 2021

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

RBA Starblade posted:

What part of Skyrim is Indiana in?

Skyrim is actually in Indiana. The part south of Fort Wayne and east of Indianapolis.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Harrow posted:

It doesn't matter--he used the same name/title (epithet) three times, so it became the entity's name and summoned it/gave it power.

The rule is to never refer to anything faerie-related by the same term three times or it becomes a title they can magically use to influence things.

ohhhhh, I hadn't realized it was three times, I had thought the repeated use of "fellow scholar" in the Dr. Japers story was just restating for the audience that he'd hosed up. gently caress, that's a good one. I also really enjoyed the Otamatone one, I love all the SCPs that are just nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There was a Sci-fi miniseries with the premise of various objects in a particular hotel room becoming imbued with power, somehow (some of it incredibly worthless, like a penny that makes more pennies but not too many pennies), and a detective investigates it. He pulls out his gun on a guy.

"What's the gun do?" "It shoots bullets."

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Skyrim is actually in Indiana. The part south of Fort Wayne and east of Indianapolis.

:hmmyes: