Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Just requested Raid Goons as Nadir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

You can remove me from raid goons, game's fun but I don't have much desire to open it every day for dailies and stuff.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

Loonytoad Quack posted:

I started DiceDiceBaby as a Dicast goon guild if anyone wants to join one. It's application only at the moment so drop your name in here if you do join.

Applied as ManfrediSpaghetti

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Few more spots available in Raid Goons.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Zotix posted:

Few more spots available in Raid Goons.

Requested as 'Ragnarok Online'

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Loonytoad Quack posted:

I started DiceDiceBaby as a Dicast goon guild if anyone wants to join one. It's application only at the moment so drop your name in here if you do join.

Applied as Sleekly

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Sleekly posted:

Applied as Sleekly

You (and everyone else in thread who's requested to join so far) are in. I've got an outstanding request for "keepersa", is that anyone here?

We'll be at max capacity for a very short while after that but we nearly have enough check-in shields to expand by another 5.

Loonytoad Quack fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jan 11, 2021

keeper
Jun 5, 2002

Loonytoad Quack posted:

You (and everyone else in thread who's requested to join so far) are in. I've got an outstanding request for "keepersa", is that anyone here?

We'll be at max capacity for a very short while after that but we nearly have enough check-in shields to expand by another 5.
Yeah that's mine, hadn't gotten to posting.
Can join a pub guild for now.

Definitely feel the rng in games but overall it's been somehow more reasonable and related to strategy then most other games.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

keeper posted:

Yeah that's mine, hadn't gotten to posting.
Can join a pub guild for now.

Definitely feel the rng in games but overall it's been somehow more reasonable and related to strategy then most other games.

Yeah, I've still got 70-80% wins and I'm about to graduate out of gold rank, I don't think you'd get that on a real rng game.

That said, I'm starting to run into some players who have some equipment, cause I'm at a pretty big hp disadvantage sometimes.

I'm almost through the Locoi event stuff, just gotta get 25 more Onslaught-enhanced kills, and buy a bunch of the gold chest. If you've got Locoi, it's not too hard to do. Just make sure you've got skeletons out when you attack, as they're used up when you do.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Go RV! posted:

Yeah, I've still got 70-80% wins and I'm about to graduate out of gold rank, I don't think you'd get that on a real rng game.

That said, I'm starting to run into some players who have some equipment, cause I'm at a pretty big hp disadvantage sometimes.

I'm almost through the Locoi event stuff, just gotta get 25 more Onslaught-enhanced kills, and buy a bunch of the gold chest. If you've got Locoi, it's not too hard to do. Just make sure you've got skeletons out when you attack, as they're used up when you do.

Once you get a hero to level 5, they get a big jump in HP and AP, plus they start with their 2nd skill. In that transition phase, before you're there, that can turn into some crushing defeats. Where I am in the ranks now, everybody is level 5 and it's pretty even again. Some people have a few more HP and AP than others is all.

I'll join the guild as LordSwifticus once there are open slots again.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Go RV! posted:

Does it count when they damage over time debuff from Onslaught kills them, or just the regular attack with my skelebuds?

Either way I'm at 34/50, already bought the 10 chests but still short a lot of the gold AND Locoi cards, I went a little wild with purchasing stuff from the cats early on whooooops.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Farquar posted:

I'll join the guild as LordSwifticus once there are open slots again.
There will be 5 more slots tomorrow morning so check again then as we've almost got enough shields now.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Just noticed I have $15 googlebux. What should I buy with them. I have a galaxy s9

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

thehoodie posted:

Just noticed I have $15 googlebux. What should I buy with them. I have a galaxy s9

King of Dragon Pass

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Lone Goat posted:

Does it count when they damage over time debuff from Onslaught kills them, or just the regular attack with my skelebuds?

Either way I'm at 34/50, already bought the 10 chests but still short a lot of the gold AND Locoi cards, I went a little wild with purchasing stuff from the cats early on whooooops.

I think the dot works? I'll try and check next time I get a kill with that, but honestly that's not a terribly common thing for me.

Also, so did I. I bought the $10 starter pack, cause this has given me at least that much entertainment.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
In dicast does it seem like monster jack is a huge waste of time? I get that I'll probably regret not doing it but it's like 1/4 chance I'll even get a reward out of it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

mirror123 posted:

In dicast does it seem like monster jack is a huge waste of time? I get that I'll probably regret not doing it but it's like 1/4 chance I'll even get a reward out of it.

25% is better than 0% and unless you're on an incredible time crunch it's free.

Though I'll admit sometimes I don't bother doing it, hopefully you get paired up with people that bought skins since that gives them a damage and health bonus.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Applied as Miyori.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

candide posted:

candide#25624 if there's an open spot

Shop Titans got an update that made leveling the town hall easier, so we suddenly have two more spots for people to join if you're still interested. Just check your ingame messages.

In any case, there's yet another open spot if anyone wants to play in our guild. Just drop your ID and someone will send out an invite

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

mirror123 posted:

If you can beat the dragon, that's worth like 900 gold. Nothing to sneeze at. I bought the emojis of the dice, so I can broadcast which cards I have during a monster jack. It's occasionally useful, if somebody picks up on what I'm doing and they have the right cards. I probably win about half of them.

It's not as much fun as the regular game though, and you should do what's fun.

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point

staplegun posted:

Shop Titans got an update that made leveling the town hall easier, so we suddenly have two more spots for people to join if you're still interested. Just check your ingame messages.

In any case, there's yet another open spot if anyone wants to play in our guild. Just drop your ID and someone will send out an invite

Nice. I clicked on the invite but nothing happened besides a pop up saying the owner hasn't updated the app (?)

And then I deleted the invite because I'm an idiot. Can I get another?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

What's the best non-Dungeon-Warfare tower defense game on here? Premium is preferred. I excluded those two because I already have them.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

candide posted:

Nice. I clicked on the invite but nothing happened besides a pop up saying the owner hasn't updated the app (?)

I looked you up and then it said you hadn’t updated your app. Maybe the update they pushed out today is a bit wonky, but we should get you eventually!

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's the best non-Dungeon-Warfare tower defense game on here? Premium is preferred. I excluded those two because I already have them.

Infinitode 2 is really good

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Andy Pandy posted:

Infinitode 2 is really good

I kinda liked the original better.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is Forager a good time?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Len posted:

Is Forager a good time?

I loved it, honestly. Feels almost like an idler with how incrementally improving your resource generation is throughout. I had no idea it was out for Android 🤔

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Len posted:

Is Forager a good time?

Yes absolutely. The mix of incremental & Zelda puzzles kinda clicked for me.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

explosivo posted:

I loved it, honestly. Feels almost like an idler with how incrementally improving your resource generation is throughout. I had no idea it was out for Android 🤔

Neither did I, I opened the app store to look for a new time wasted and it was on the front page for $8

I've got almost $30 in survey dollars and I've almost grabbed it before

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Let me know what you think of the controls if you do end up getting it, I think that's the one thing I'd be wary of on a mobile port.

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point

Valle posted:

I looked you up and then it said you hadn’t updated your app. Maybe the update they pushed out today is a bit wonky, but we should get you eventually!

Whoops. I'm all up to date now. Feel free to fire an invite so I can delete that one too

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/announcing-mtg-arena-mobile-android-early-access-2021-01-07

Looks like I'll have a new mobile game to waste all my time on!

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Applied to Raid Goons as Glitter SA

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

candide posted:

Whoops, didn't check the thread. I think there's been some issues with invitations since the update since some people in the guild apparently haven't been able to send out invites even though everyone should be able to. I just sent out another one so hopefully it goes better.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Aw gently caress. I played the Disgaea RPG mobile game for a bit, had probably more fun than I had with any other gacha, then learned yesterday that it's a closed beta and everything's being wiped tomorrow. Well, butts.

Really though, it's a game where there are multiple avenues to get more powerful, which really appeals to me

- you can simply level up your guys (rapidly, you gain multiple levels per battle and the daily limited XP rooms can confer dozens if not hundreds of level ups) - you also will reincarnate back to level 1 to raise level caps and increase xp gain using materials, this feels like one of the largest ways the game limits your progress
- you can do something called 'nether enhance' - this is the typical 'smoosh a unit into another duplicate unit for bonuses' except it gives bonus 'evilities', which give you stat boosts, extra moves, immunities or whatever, you can also use special rainbow items to do this to any other unit, even those ultra rare types that you only ever got one of
- you can raise the star rank of a unit, which means combining them with five other units of the same rank. But they don't have to be the same unit! So you can rank up basic 1-star units to eventually become fodder for three- or four-star units
- equip better stuff, higher rank objects or ones with more 'innocents' - bonuses that you can swap using the....
- item world: this lets you idle in the game. You go into an item, fight a series of battles, and level the item up, can be auto-advanced without any input on your part. Notably, this does not use up any of your energy, so can be done when you've run out.

With so many avenues I'm finding it easy to always be moving my team ahead, and after I just discovered a mode where you need multiple teams to take on multiple levels of enemies, it means there's a purpose to levelling up more than just one uber team for the whole game. Honestly once this comes out of beta (at least out of the stage where data gets wiped), I'll be looking for it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Aw gently caress. I played the Disgaea RPG mobile game for a bit, had probably more fun than I had with any other gacha, then learned yesterday that it's a closed beta and everything's being wiped tomorrow. Well, butts.

Really though, it's a game where there are multiple avenues to get more powerful, which really appeals to me

- you can simply level up your guys (rapidly, you gain multiple levels per battle and the daily limited XP rooms can confer dozens if not hundreds of level ups) - you also will reincarnate back to level 1 to raise level caps and increase xp gain using materials, this feels like one of the largest ways the game limits your progress
- you can do something called 'nether enhance' - this is the typical 'smoosh a unit into another duplicate unit for bonuses' except it gives bonus 'evilities', which give you stat boosts, extra moves, immunities or whatever, you can also use special rainbow items to do this to any other unit, even those ultra rare types that you only ever got one of
- you can raise the star rank of a unit, which means combining them with five other units of the same rank. But they don't have to be the same unit! So you can rank up basic 1-star units to eventually become fodder for three- or four-star units
- equip better stuff, higher rank objects or ones with more 'innocents' - bonuses that you can swap using the....
- item world: this lets you idle in the game. You go into an item, fight a series of battles, and level the item up, can be auto-advanced without any input on your part. Notably, this does not use up any of your energy, so can be done when you've run out.

With so many avenues I'm finding it easy to always be moving my team ahead, and after I just discovered a mode where you need multiple teams to take on multiple levels of enemies, it means there's a purpose to levelling up more than just one uber team for the whole game. Honestly once this comes out of beta (at least out of the stage where data gets wiped), I'll be looking for it.

Yeah, I played around in the CBT for a little bit and honestly, my biggest complaint is that they're continuing the trend of multi-pulls being 10x instead of 10+1.

I enjoyed what I played, and I'm looking forward to it going Live.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

staplegun posted:

Is there a thread on getting started in Shop Titans? I didn't see it in mobile.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Irritated Goat posted:

Is there a thread on getting started in Shop Titans? I didn't see it in mobile.

I don't think so. For me, I was always hesitant to branch the game off into its own thread because it seemed weird to me to have a thread for a guild that's at maximum capacity much of the time. But the resource everyone points to for the answer to the question "What should I be working on at this level?" is still Laterus's FAQ: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CtY77u7AwsDUFCfZ3LlrCozlG18i_Elu/view It's a bit outdated, but for most part it still tracks.

The other one is https://st-central.net/, which is a bit more focused on general information, but is kept up to date. The writeups about the pros/cons of the different heroes are particularly good.

There's also the official ST spreadsheet maintained by the developers that's occasionally helpful: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WLa7X8h3O0-aGKxeAlCL7bnN8-FhGd3t7pz2RCzSg8c/edit#gid=1558235212

In general, you're pretty much always making progress in the game and can't make mistakes (with two exceptions, gems & ascension shards). All the lines are fairly balanced with one another, and there's no real big standout. That said, I'm a fan of the dagger line because sometimes they inexplicably seem to have lower crafting requirements. It gets balanced out by lower base values though.

Gems are the game's premium currency and can be gotten through game events, rng, the in-game market, or with cash. The consensus is that they are best hoarded, then spent during mid/late game for gem rushing shop expansions, allowing you to skip their merchant level requirements. Ideally, you want to wait as long as your patience allows before you start dipping into them because the efficiency of gems increase as you get to later expansions.

Ascension shards are one of the other limited resources. The amount you need to ascend an item for bonuses are dependent on the target item's tier, but that doesn't mean necessarily that you should save them up for a big ticket item (it might be worth it to do it though if you know you're going to make a TON of certain crafts). The wrinkle is that as you invest ascension shards in a line, it can give bonuses to the entire line. A common goal is to get a line to 15 ascensions to get a reward of a permanent -10% surcharge cost to all items in that line. Then do that for every line!

Just an update: still one spot open once Candide accepts, if you want to join us

staplegun fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 13, 2021

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, I played around in the CBT for a little bit and honestly, my biggest complaint is that they're continuing the trend of multi-pulls being 10x instead of 10+1.

I enjoyed what I played, and I'm looking forward to it going Live.

I don’t mind the 10x, as long as I guarantee to get something dope. It’s the 10(or 11) pulls that all have the same rate that bum me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

explosivo posted:

Let me know what you think of the controls if you do end up getting it, I think that's the one thing I'd be wary of on a mobile port.

Well it defaults to controller and doesn't tell you that or accept certain inputs until you turn it off. I had to google a bit to figure out why i couldn't select the empty save slot