Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

A study found that queens are 25% more likely to start wars than kings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Who are they exploiting?

It sounds like they are getting the value of their own labor since they work the business themselves.

Well in the strictly marxist sense, the workers who made whatever they are selling

In a more real world sense, probably their kids

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Ruzihm posted:

https://i.imgur.com/itxmHDN.gifv
RUN TAINT
RUN TAINT
RUN TAINT

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
i dont really buy the employer-employee focused view of exploitation. owning and hoarding the means of production is the actual source of exploitation. not that there is a difference in the real world but still, all this talk about "value extraction" sounds like academic bull

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AND SO BEGINS THE YEAR OF CALAMITY!

THE LAST THREADS OF THE FACADE OF POLITE SOCIETY HAVE BEEN STRAINED BEYOND REPAIR! ALL WHICH HAS BEEN KNOWN - SHALL BECOME LOST IN THE MADNESS OF THE SHADOWS OF DECORUM AND DESPAIR!

The Great Beast was given slack on the leash, the leash wielded by the tyrant of Capital and the State, given license to bear it’s teeth at its own master, as a warning to the other servants of A Great Number Most Foul! The Central Confrontation of the Opening Act has dictated the rhythm of tonight's Grand Theater of Facade!

Have no delusions of healthcare, muchless salvation, faithful liberals! Pay no more mind to the pandemic which has slaughtered half a million of your fellow countrymen, as your dreamboat governors fall in line with the Great Open ‘Er Up Decree! Turn your eyes to the Rotting Rapist as he enters from Stage Left, and unleashes a torrent of authoritarian horrors yet unseen! Cheer and squeal as the Great Beast is tamed, and your consent is manufactured!

Return to your brunches, for Black Lives shall Matter no longer! The Millenial Hordes of the dreaded ANTIFA shall now become the Miserable Queef-ah! The festering cesspool of blood and rot we inhabit as the neoliberal status quo (of which The Great Beast is grown) and it’s Prime Two Day Delivery is saved! All challengers to Our Realm of Transient Decline shall be Abolished! Hail Biden! Hail Harris! Hail the Brave New Generation of Means-Tested Tax Credits for Minority Business Owners in Disadvantaged Communities! Capital reigns victorious and eternal!

Pay no mind to the Bidenvilles arising in every major city! Avert your eyes from the civil unrest and teargas as we unleash the Vanguard of Democracy, our Triple-Militarized Justice Knights upon the unruly and un-centrist! We must beat the sense of moderate centre-right gluttony into the mind palaces of the “Progressives” and “Leftists” that dare to selfishly imagine a better life for themselves and their pitiful families. Is the Glory of Great Number Most Foul not enough for them?! It always goes up, and it must go up, as is decreed by the Rotting Rapist! The gears of Number must be oiled and greased with the blood of the poor, the unfortunate, and those home and abroad cursed with the plague of Melanin!

Let us give praise to the Great Beast, of which we feed and grow and bind to a heavy chain, as it is how we corral the Selfish, the “Leftist,” the “Progressive” swine off the Great Plains of Idealism, and drive them into the Rotary Parlors of the Number Factory, having abandoned all sense of values, spine, or self-worth, ready to submit to eternity sucking upon the toes of the Rotting Rapist and the Unholy Regime of Austerity and War, as the blood and lifeforce is drained dry from their miserable, weak, filthy “subhuman labor caste” flesh caskets!

The Great Beast grows from the misery we forment, yet the Great Beast ensures Submission! Only we, your betters as the wielders of Capital, can protect you from the Great Beast! Hail Biden! Hail Harris! The Year of Calamity shall liberate us all of material conditions and self-realization, for only the Great Number Most Foul may grant us Salvation! Capital reigns victorious and eternal!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

Well in the strictly marxist sense, the workers who made whatever they are selling

In a more real world sense, probably their kids

Wouldn't the kids be the products of their labor? :colbert:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Ruzihm posted:

https://i.imgur.com/itxmHDN.gifv
RUN TAINT
RUN TAINT
RUN TAINT

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
My taint runneth over.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Hell yeah dude

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Taints for the taintgod

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Taintrunner posted:

THE LAST THREADS OF THE FACADE OF POLITE SOCIETY HAVE BEEN STRAINED BEYOND REPAIR! ALL WHICH HAS BEEN KNOWN - SHALL BECOME LOST IN THE MADNESS OF THE SHADOWS OF DECORUM AND DESPAIR!

The Great Beast was given slack on the leash, the leash wielded by the tyrant of Capital and the State, given license to bear it’s teeth at its own master, as a warning to the other servants of A Great Number Most Foul! The Central Confrontation of the Opening Act has dictated the rhythm of tonight's Grand Theater of Facade!

Have no delusions of healthcare, muchless salvation, faithful liberals! Pay no more mind to the pandemic which has slaughtered half a million of your fellow countrymen, as your dreamboat governors fall in line with the Great Open ‘Er Up Decree! Turn your eyes to the Rotting Rapist as he enters from Stage Left, and unleashes a torrent of authoritarian horrors yet unseen! Cheer and squeal as the Great Beast is tamed, and your consent is manufactured!

Return to your brunches, for Black Lives shall Matter no longer! The Millenial Hordes of the dreaded ANTIFA shall now become the Miserable Queef-ah! The festering cesspool of blood and rot we inhabit as the neoliberal status quo (of which The Great Beast is grown) and it’s Prime Two Day Delivery is saved! All challengers to Our Realm of Transient Decline shall be Abolished! Hail Biden! Hail Harris! Hail the Brave New Generation of Means-Tested Tax Credits for Minority Business Owners in Disadvantaged Communities! Capital reigns victorious and eternal!

Pay no mind to the Bidenvilles arising in every major city! Avert your eyes from the civil unrest and teargas as we unleash the Vanguard of Democracy, our Triple-Militarized Justice Knights upon the unruly and un-centrist! We must beat the sense of moderate centre-right gluttony into the mind palaces of the “Progressives” and “Leftists” that dare to selfishly imagine a better life for themselves and their pitiful families. Is the Glory of Great Number Most Foul not enough for them?! It always goes up, and it must go up, as is decreed by the Rotting Rapist! The gears of Number must be oiled and greased with the blood of the poor, the unfortunate, and those home and abroad cursed with the plague of Melanin!

Let us give praise to the Great Beast, of which we feed and grow and bind to a heavy chain, as it is how we corral the Selfish, the “Leftist,” the “Progressive” swine off the Great Plains of Idealism, and drive them into the Rotary Parlors of the Number Factory, having abandoned all sense of values, spine, or self-worth, ready to submit to eternity sucking upon the toes of the Rotting Rapist and the Unholy Regime of Austerity and War, as the blood and lifeforce is drained dry from their miserable, weak, filthy “subhuman labor caste” flesh caskets!

The Great Beast grows from the misery we forment, yet the Great Beast ensures Submission! Only we, your betters as the wielders of Capital, can protect you from the Great Beast! Hail Biden! Hail Harris! The Year of Calamity shall liberate us all of material conditions and self-realization, for only the Great Number Most Foul may grant us Salvation! Capital reigns victorious and eternal!

:trumppop:

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Mercrom posted:

i dont really buy the employer-employee focused view of exploitation. owning and hoarding the means of production is the actual source of exploitation. not that there is a difference in the real world but still, all this talk about "value extraction" sounds like academic bull

how the gently caress are profits made then

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mila kunis posted:

how the gently caress are profits made then

by grinding poor people into a paste

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Taintrunner posted:

In the grim darkness of the future, there are only Libs.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Organ Fiend posted:

In the grim darkness of the future, there are only Libs.

In the grim darkness of the present, there is only succ.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
tldr

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Excelzior posted:

In the grim darkness of the present, there is only succ.

Really, we're living in the cyberpunk future of the 80s and 90s, just without all of the cool cybernetic implants that give us superpowers.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

wrecker

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I need a loving cigarette

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Taintrunner posted:

<mr. nobody doom patrol voice>

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah the bomb wasn't dropped with the purpose of ending the war, but the amount it contributed to the decision of the war council to surrender is up for debate

if you look at the communiques between washington and los alamos and what not the process basically sums up to "hey the bombs ready you wanna drop it" "yeah sure"

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

what's the minimum wage gonna be for lazy-working people?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

all of us, having been conscripted and yoked to the whims of the market the first world need for unity :shobon:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Willa Rogers posted:

what's the minimum wage gonna be for lazy-working people?

the work is the reward

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

never send to know for whom the taint runs; it runs for thee

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

PhilippAchtel posted:

Okay, but you need to be aware that the mom-and-pop shop owners don't share your interests. You see them as hard workers, and they may be. But it's not what they want to be, and it's not who they identify with.

While I have no doubt that a lot of business owners can be assholes, and that may very well be the reality where you live and all over the world, but I've seen enough examples of the contrary in my life to be unconvinced by your argument. I've worked many different low paying jobs in my life and while I had some assholes bosses who could be the perfect example of what you describe, i've also seen many bosses bend over backwards for their employees.

I get the thread sentiment of gently caress capitalism, because well.. gently caress capitalism. But i also won't act like small business owners are the ones paying congress to squeeze as much juice out of you all before loving off to a private island when an uprising begins.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dalael posted:

While I have no doubt that a lot of business owners can be assholes, and that may very well be the reality where you live and all over the world, but I've seen enough examples of the contrary in my life to be unconvinced by your argument. I've worked many different low paying jobs in my life and while I had some assholes bosses who could be the perfect example of what you describe, i've also seen many bosses bend over backwards for their employees.

I get the thread sentiment of gently caress capitalism, because well.. gently caress capitalism. But i also won't act like small business owners are the ones paying congress to squeeze as much juice out of you all before loving off to a private island when an uprising begins.

serf mentality, holy poo poo lmao. you moron. the small business tyrants are absolutely lobbying to make the material conditions of your life loving miserable every chance they get, that's why they want your surplus value so loving badly.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

sup

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Taintrunner posted:

Leave some posting glory for the rest of us!

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Dalael posted:

I am very much on board with the concept of eating the rich after guillotining the lot of them.

yeah but not all bosses are bad people and some might work hard in the eyes of their apologists. a billionaire could personally be a nice person

they are still exploiters just like small business owners

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Dalael posted:

we're talking about systems my dude not Ms. Pleasant and her ephemeral bookstore down the street. read a book

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Dalael posted:

focusing on how some capitalists are sort-of OK is the most often-used diversionary tactic meant to fragment worker solidarity

you're a patsy

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Taintrunner posted:

serf mentality, holy poo poo lmao. you moron. the small business tyrants are absolutely lobbying to make the material conditions of your life loving miserable every chance they get, that's why they want your surplus value so loving badly.

Yossarian-22 posted:

yeah but not all bosses are bad people and some might work hard in the eyes of their apologists. a billionaire could personally be a nice person

At this point i'm not even sure what the gently caress you're all advocating for. A equal square plot of land for everyone?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Dalael posted:

At this point i'm not even sure what the gently caress you're all advocating for. A equal square plot of land for everyone?

yes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dalael posted:

a dictatorship of the proletarian to take control and reform the modes of production away from capitalism and into communism

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Same

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dalael posted:

Productive property owned either directly by the workers or by some representative body; ie the actual literal definition of "socialism"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yossarian-22 posted:

this is exactly right. trying to understand the world in terms of individual morality is for the liberals who can only make sense of things through children's media. the systems that bind us don't give a poo poo about individual morality.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

those are all MTG cards aren't they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dalael posted:

That'd be a good start.

Also healthcare. And food.