Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paberu
Jun 23, 2013

Recently got the 1up rack, it's pretty nice but it did take a month to ship and then a week and a half to crawl to SoCal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

bicievino posted:

I like the thule roof racks. Got a few for free, and they've always worked without a hitch.

You can't be saris right now.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

TobinHatesYou posted:

You can't be saris right now.

He's yakima chain.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

kimbo305 posted:

He's yakima chain.

empty kuat

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Steve French posted:

Hello I ordered a mountain bike in early July

Hello everyone from whom I've attempted to order an MTB has told me to go gently caress myself

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Eejit posted:

Hello everyone from whom I've attempted to order an MTB has told me to go gently caress myself

Must be roadies

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

kimbo305 posted:

Why not accept the compromise and run mechanical brakes? I've got Klampers on my Record 12 and they're good stopping power.
If you had some disc frame that you really wanted, that is.

Hadn't considered this as an option

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Eejit posted:

If there's a Marin you like find a dealer. They seem to have better stock.

And by better stock I mean their entire lineup isn't at 0 stock, unlike everyone else we deal with.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Disappointed that the tingling sensation from slathering assos cream on your dick and balls wears off pretty quick? Well have I got the product for you!

spicy

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Given the zapping my electric gloves gave my hands when I ended up in th swamp with them on like hell I'm riding with electric gitch.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

Disappointed that the tingling sensation from slathering assos cream on your dick and balls wears off pretty quick? Well have I got the product for you!

spicy

If you don’t want that feeling to wear off just add some embro cream to the mix

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Skarsnik posted:

spicy

Pretty sure this is how one of the guys who stormed Congress died

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Eejit posted:

You’ve been looking for an aluminum Hightower right? There have been some come through the front range. Check the stock at Wheat Ridge Cyclery or University Bikes in Boulder. Both run updated websites and you might get lucky. Its how I found my Hightower back in August.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
well i tried out my castelli bibtights yesterday and they're fantastic, i was very warm in the 40ish degree weather...however i definitely need some sort of toe covering for my shoes and better gloves

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Hooray first week on January and I got ten hours in. Let's go get it.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I think I've posted about this before - but I got utterly destroyed by COVID last summer - couldn't walk to the kitchen without having to sit down and catch my breath.

I got into cycling as a way to get my fitness back and was hooked. I started doing 10 mile rides a few days a week and a long ride (25-40 miles) on Saturday mornings. poo poo is fun. I got interrupted by a new baby in November - but he's getting older so long rides are a possibility again.

I hit a personal mileage goal and my wife told me I could go out and get something fancy.

Yesterday went and picked up a proper dentist bike - a new red Cervelo Caledonia. Looking forward to getting a yellow jersey to go along with my dentist bike and hitting the road and trails in the area!

2021 Goals - 1500 miles and a century ride. Mileage isn't as high as most here, but trying to be reasonable given the multiple diapered children and work commitments.

Edit: I meant 2021 goals!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 11, 2021

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Sab0921 posted:

I think I've posted about this before - but I got utterly destroyed by COVID last summer - couldn't walk to the kitchen without having to sit down and catch my breath.

I got into cycling as a way to get my fitness back and was hooked. I started doing 10 mile rides a few days a week and a long ride (25-40 miles) on Saturday mornings. poo poo is fun. I got interrupted by a new baby in November - but he's getting older so long rides are a possibility again.

I hit a personal mileage goal and my wife told me I could go out and get something fancy.

Yesterday went and picked up a proper dentist bike - a new red Cervelo Caledonia. Looking forward to getting a yellow jersey to go along with my dentist bike and hitting the road and trails in the area!

2020 Goals - 1500 miles and a century ride. Mileage isn't as high as most here, but trying to be reasonable given the multiple diapered children and work commitments.

Congratulations! Sweet looking machine.

Do you mean 2021 goals?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Are there any mini velos still in production? Probably not? Thinking about those sweet sweet 20" wheels rn

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Sab0921 posted:

2021 Goals - 1500 miles and a century ride. Mileage isn't as high as most here, but trying to be reasonable given the multiple diapered children and work commitments.

:rock:

skul-gun
Dec 24, 2001
I got this account for Xmas.

Salt Fish posted:

Are there any mini velos still in production? Probably not? Thinking about those sweet sweet 20" wheels rn

There's supposed to be a shipment of the Velo Orange Neutrino coming in the next few months.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Hell yeah, kickin rad!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Sab0921 posted:

One of us! One of us!

Also, both of those are great goals! Anyone riding more than 0 miles is cool in my book

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Sab0921 posted:

Yooo that looks rad

Development
Jun 2, 2016

siiiick! this bike is hot! :shittypop:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

Are there any mini velos still in production?

Bikes Direct has some inventory of their Nano
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/mercier/nano.htm

Honestly can't recommend it at $400 for downtube shifting 8spd.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Sab0921 posted:

Enjoy! The Caledonia looks like a fun bike to ride, would definitely like to try one some day (if I wasn't super tall so it's not easy to get a test ride, and I don't have the money or the space to buy one)

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Sab0921 posted:

Congrats on the baby and the bike! It's so RED.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Sab0921 posted:

Awesome!

I'm also somewhat glad to hear that COVID didn't appear to cause long-lasting damage for you?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Can I hit 300 FTP anymore?
Of course you can!
Well I couldn't before.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

tuyop posted:

Looking for a recommendation for a folding bike in Canada. Primary use is short 1-5km trips to and from car shares where the bike will be folded and put in the trunk.

It'd also be nice if it was easily adjustable for my wife and me (5'2 and 6', respectively).

The budget is around $1000CAD, but a little bit more could be saved if there's a huge jump in quality to, say, $1200.

Used Brompton.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Shadowhand00 posted:

Awesome!

I'm also somewhat glad to hear that COVID didn't appear to cause long-lasting damage for you?

Just loss of smell as the long term thing.

Physically, I'm in much better condition than I was pre-covid - CV health is way up and I'm about 25 lbs lighter (probably half of that was lost by not eating during the worst part of the illness though).

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Still counts!

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Festive 500 training block paid off pretty well for me.
Just did a time-to-exhaustion FTP test and am up from 265W and 35min to 282W and 40min.

Thought I was still about 20w down on the same time last season, but looked back and I'm actually up just slightly. Now we just need to actually have a season (and I need to maintain motivation for fuckin 10 months).

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The chain ring side of my power meter keeps getting water in it because the plastic Stages uses sucks and is falling apart. Need to see if I can build up some epoxy or something where it cracked.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Sab0921 posted:

Just loss of smell as the long term thing.

Physically, I'm in much better condition than I was pre-covid - CV health is way up and I'm about 25 lbs lighter (probably half of that was lost by not eating during the worst part of the illness though).

Scare of COVID got me to drop weight to my college best.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

VideoGameVet posted:

Scare of COVID got me to drop weight to my college best.

Scare of COVID got me to bulk up in case I need some reserves to my 1 year post baby weight. Wife had the baby. I just wasn't riding as much.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
PDW fenders are on sale today and i'm tempted to grab some...

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 13, 2021

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

I can fully endorse the 650b Beast ones.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

BraveUlysses posted:

Where? I have some of the City sized Full Metal Fenders I picked up from REI last week, but their not mounted yet. Would rather run the all black if I can.

This seems like a good opportunity to ask this question. The reason they're not currently mounted is that when I went to install them on my Diverge I realized the rack dropout on the front fork weren't what I expected. Does anybody make al screw in boss for those rear facing bosses on the Diverge fork they want you to use their Plug & Play forks on. I can attach them to the middle of the fork, but didn't want to cut the stays before I was 100% I could make them fit. That will work fine, but I think it looks a bit goofy so...

\/\/\/ ah, that’s the same price as REI and still only the older versions.

highme fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
biketiresdirect

not a huge sale but better than everyday msrp