Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE POSTING NORMAL PIZZAS??? THIS IS THE FREAK PIZZA THREAD!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What if you're not eating the pizza at home? What if you order it in the restaurant? Would they cut it for you then or do they throw a plastic knife in the box and let you go to town for 5 minutes?

This just boggles my mind.

And "well you can make the slices your own size" is stupid. You cut them all equally so it doesn't look like a picasso when you're done with it.

It takes 5 seconds.

pssh. how pedestrian.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

And "well you can make the slices your own size" is stupid. You cut them all equally so it doesn't look like a picasso when you're done with it.

It takes 5 seconds.

Just follow a tutorial if you don't feel too confident in yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSRN3hjzVkQ

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Pineapple + Jalapeño + a meat is excellent. Every pineapple on a pizza hater who i've convinced to try it changed their minds. The balance with the jalapeño and pineapple is the key, and in fact changes the flavors of the pineapple itself.

Pineapple and ham, or whatever the typical "Hawaiian pizza" formula is vastly inferior and typically terrible.

:colbert:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Extra Large Marge posted:

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE POSTING NORMAL PIZZAS??? THIS IS THE FREAK PIZZA THREAD!!!!!

Is that a pile of Sam's Club naan w/ ground beef?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Is that a pile of Sam's Club naan w/ ground beef?

It's lahmacun. It's a Turkish flatbread and is delicious and good.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

Just follow a tutorial if you don't feel too confident in yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSRN3hjzVkQ

lol

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

What if you're not eating the pizza at home? What if you order it in the restaurant? Would they cut it for you then or do they throw a plastic knife in the box and let you go to town for 5 minutes?

This just boggles my mind.

It takes 5 seconds.

Most people eat pizza with a knife and fork here when in a restaurant and probably wouldn't appreciate receiving a pre-sliced pizza. There was a restaurant that used to do that here in the 90s, a chain restaurant, but they rather quickly stopped doing that. People didn't want their pizzas pre-cut, otherwise they'd have kept on doing it.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Europeans don't like their dicks or pizzas cut it seems.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

His Divine Shadow posted:

Most people eat pizza with a knife and fork here when in a restaurant and probably wouldn't appreciate receiving a pre-sliced pizza. There was a restaurant that used to do that here in the 90s, a chain restaurant, but they rather quickly stopped doing that. People didn't want their pizzas pre-cut, otherwise they'd have kept on doing it.

But how would you get the piece of pizza to your plate so you can use a knife and fork on it? I mean the standard pizza here is maybe 10-14 inches. Way too big for a plate.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
If we're still talking about eating in a restaurant, the pizzas arrive on giant plates much bigger than usual dinner plates. If the pizzas coming home with us, well we have a pizza roller at home.

I have never thought about it, but I guess you could ask them to slice it if you really cared, I bet they would.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The vicious American pizza loving clique has finally overstepped its boundaries and let their true colors show. I'm reviewing my options in light of this barbarism.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

steinrokkan posted:

The vicious American pizza loving clique has finally overstepped its boundaries and let their true colors show. I'm reviewing my options in light of this barbarism.

:patriot:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
wtf you each get a pizza and eat it with a knife and fork? this is trolling i dont believe you

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Here in the U.K. everyone eats pizza with a knife and fork, is that not normally what happens?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Drone_Fragger posted:

Here in the U.K. everyone eats pizza with a knife and fork, is that not normally what happens?

shameful

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The eating of pizza with a knife and fork is one thing, but please do not insinuate that a restaurant cutting the pizza is in fact an unusual or low-class american thing to do

The people saying "I've never seen a pizza cut before, op" are liars plain and simple

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

wtf you each get a pizza and eat it with a knife and fork? this is trolling i dont believe you
Yes. With some exceptions like Pizza Hut. But pizza chains are not much of a thing in Europe.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
unlike the rest of you philistines i only eat pizza with chopsticks and a spoon

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
lol this guy doesnt know how to eat pizza with the three seashells

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Put it in a blender and slurp it up with a straw

e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFWeR2e4RAU

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 12, 2021

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried

Drone_Fragger posted:

I only eat it with a spoon.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

If we're still talking about eating in a restaurant, the pizzas arrive on giant plates much bigger than usual dinner plates. If the pizzas coming home with us, well we have a pizza roller at home.

I have never thought about it, but I guess you could ask them to slice it if you really cared, I bet they would.

i remember wanting the pizzeria to slice mine when i was a kid since they do that in the movies. it was an extra fee.
do they wash the pizza cutter inbetween every pizza they slice? or do they have a whole ton of them they go through a day?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i caught my girlfriend eating a piece of pizza crust first yesterday and she looked so ashamed when i asked what she was doing

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

PokeJoe posted:

i caught my girlfriend eating a piece of pizza crust first yesterday and she looked so ashamed when i asked what she was doing

:sever:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

You poor bastard you have never had ledos pizza

:chloe:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

PokeJoe posted:

lol

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Drone_Fragger posted:

I didn't know that, I figured a spoon since I thought you boiled your pizzas?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
nothing like a nice eel pie with pineapple

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I didn't know that, I figured a spoon since I thought you boiled your pizzas?

No, you’re supposed to use chopsticks with your neo Kobe pizza

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Drone_Fragger posted:

Jesus christ no wonder you people lost the Empire

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

The eating of pizza with a knife and fork is one thing, but please do not insinuate that a restaurant cutting the pizza is in fact an unusual or low-class american thing to do

The people saying "I've never seen a pizza cut before, op" are liars plain and simple

I have seen it, I got pizzas pre-cut in 1999 from a local chain, they had stopped doing it by the 2000s however, it's just very unusual here. I guess it's the same reason americans love single dollar bills but euros wanna use coins. Well nowadays nobody wants to use cash.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Drone_Fragger posted:

I object to this, it's definitely not what everyone does. Maybe if you're ordering pizza in a proper restaurant but even then it's 50/50 (and why the gently caress are you ordering pizza in a nice restaurant).

Do not take this person's words as true.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I just place the whole uncut pizza on a Lazy Susan and nibble at the edges as it goes around.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Like most other Brits I usually float on my back in my swampy bog and then lay the pizza flat on my face. I poke the middle of the pizza into my open mouth and draw it in from beneath eating concentric circles from the inside out.

Alternatively a knife and fork.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I don’t understand how uncircumcised pizza works at a restaurant if two or more people are sharing a pie. Do they circumcise the slices themselves? Do they carve off pieces of the foreskin and eat it all weirdly shaped?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

But the foreskin is the best part!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

I object to this, it's definitely not what everyone does. Maybe if you're ordering pizza in a proper restaurant but even then it's 50/50 (and why the gently caress are you ordering pizza in a nice restaurant).

Do not take this person's words as true.

I’ve seen people kicked out of dominos and Pizza Hut and dominos for not using a knife and fork there. Really surprised you didn’t know this. Everyone in the U.K. uses a knife and fork for pizza, it’s a cultural thing.