Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Xingqui you use his skill (hopefully twice with sacrficial) to generate a ton of orbs, use his ult, then switch to your main and attack. Easy peasy. His ult hits the enemey with a water sword every time you attack with any character. Which is very effective for getting the enemy wet so diluc can vaporize.

It also does a ton of damage over time and surrounds you with water swords that mitigate damage and heal you when they disappear.

Venti is busted. Best character in the game. Fischl C6 is insanely good too but XQ probably pairs better with Diluc since he is better for elemental reactions and vaporize is better than overload which typically sends enemies flying.

I wouldn't rush to level up XQ to replace fischl though. But you do need two teams for abyss. So if you ever want to do that then yeah I'd invest im him for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
support ganyu in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5OlcF7bGL4

murder is a form of support, I guess

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Oh, at first I thought it was how you described where you wet then pyro, but I figured there are other characters than can constantly apply wet as well. I guess it is just the difference between someone like Barbara applying wet every few seconds vs Xingqiu applying it every hit?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

XQ has better wet application off the field (due to his burst) han Barbara, so he's definitely preferred if you're trying to do reactions that need wet upkeep.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think the wet application from his E aura is only ok in Vaporize comps. A nice to have but doesnt justify his inclusion really.

His Q is the real freakin deal though, to get real value out of him you really want sac sword and clowny amounts of energy regen (some people say 225% which might be the breakpoint for double E fully charging ult? Not sure)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

XQ is a raw attack monster and is like the perfect support cuz he does a billion damage without needing to hang out, but also the loving shield applies wet absolutely perfectly for Diluc and not really anyone else and that is really funny.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Soothing Vapors posted:

support ganyu in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5OlcF7bGL4

murder is a form of support, I guess

:shepface:

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

MarquiseMindfang posted:

2 Fatui Agents in 30 seconds was a very hard ask to solo, today.
Got this one today. It certainly is a pain.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pain of Mind posted:

Oh, at first I thought it was how you described where you wet then pyro, but I figured there are other characters than can constantly apply wet as well. I guess it is just the difference between someone like Barbara applying wet every few seconds vs Xingqiu applying it every hit?

XQ's swords are legit one of the most damaging burst when built right, in addition to everything else reaction-related.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

There's no AR50 trap. I get mad when posters here talk about it because it's not real and is just a way for players who started earlier to make newer players feel scared because it gets them off for some reason. I am AR52 and everything dies extremely fast.
This is from a few pages back, but I just wanted to echo this as someone who did the WL7/AR51 unlock quest yesterday. Pods of overworld mobs die just as fast as they always have, and wolf and oceanid weren't noticeably harder. For what it's worth I use Ning Benny ZL with a flex XL/Fish/Mona/Diona for 4th spot for most content. Even my budding Keq team (yay standard banner wishes from ascensions) can still kill stuff and she's using level 4-8 artifacts still.

AG3 posted:

Rolled because I wanted a few Noelle constellations. After burning 10k primogems and 10 fates, the total was 1 Noelle constellation. Sigh. Also got Jean, which is kind of whatever at this point in the game for me. I didn't really want Ganyu because her trial didn't make her seem all that fun to play for me, and Jean probably won't see any use either, so... at least the game didn't give me my third Diluc I guess?
XQ is the last 4 star I don't have, I have C6 XL already, and I'm really hoping you used up all the bad luck friendo. Especially since I only have 4k primos after going hard for constellations last banner.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

For what its worth I love the Jean I got two weeks back and Festering Desire is her BIS. I cant tell you how much more fun I'm having with her compared to the low damage/low particle healers that arent named Bennett. Hard to imagine going back. Having her for overworld is super nice too because if someone dies you can just egg and Q with no worries.

If you want to see something cool you can use her Q to swirl the three different element abyss mages halway up the big hill above the domain of blessing in guyun stone forest. Half the time two of them will just fall down.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 12, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they get you with the first pity Jean, then you start wanting her to break your other pities so you can get C2 😔

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

No Wave posted:

His Q is the real freakin deal though, to get real value out of him you really want sac sword and clowny amounts of energy regen (some people say 225% which might be the breakpoint for double E fully charging ult? Not sure)

How much of that is expected to come from artifacts? I get 37% or so out of 211% total on my Bennett from artifacts, could get another 25-30% if I really nailed an ER 5* but that'd be overkill

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

God dammit hearing Ganyu is real good with Klee is tempting as hell, but staring down the barrel of all those bricked Xianglings and Noelles I’ll inevitably pull is probably going to make me hold off no matter what. Not like I have primos to spend right now anyway.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

zgrowler2 posted:

How much of that is expected to come from artifacts? I get 37% or so out of 211% total on my Bennett from artifacts, could get another 25-30% if I really nailed an ER 5* but that'd be overkill
For XQ 60% should come from the weapon he basically needs, most of the rest shpuld be the 52% from a level 20 ER timepiece. Only a little needs to come from substats.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I've got 192% ER on Xingqiu, running ATK sands. I have no refines on my sac sword and I feel like the only time he can't get up to his ult is when I miss the proc on it. Starting from zero energy, with two E's might not be enough, but that's kind of rare to happen in a battle.

edit: I wouldn't mind a bit more though.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 12, 2021

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

No Wave posted:

For XQ 60% should come from the weapon he basically needs, most of the rest shpuld be the 52% from a level 20 ER timepiece. Only a little needs to come from substats.

Tsyni posted:

I've got 192% ER on Xingqiu, running ATK sands. I have no refines on my sac sword and I feel like the only time he can't get up to his ult is when I miss the proc on it. Starting from zero energy, with two E's might not be enough, but that's kind of rare to happen in a battle.

Hell yeah, that's totally doable. Thanks for the info!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lost my pity to Keqing. Considering getting welkin moon just for a chance at Ganyu... not that I would use her to fight, just so I can kill all the birds that are tightly grouped in the world.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
xingqiu seems like diona, having a sac weapon is like 2-3 free constellations. I have him at 205% ER and the high uptime on the ult isn't possible without it.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

So I’m a new player and this may be a dumb question but I’m playing on the America server and I see that the old banners are gone but the new banner with Ganyu isn’t up yet, how long before that’s supposed to show up?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Noobles posted:

So I’m a new player and this may be a dumb question but I’m playing on the America server and I see that the old banners are gone but the new banner with Ganyu isn’t up yet, how long before that’s supposed to show up?

It's been a few hours, typically.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Noobles posted:

About ten mins from now.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Lost my pity to Keqing. Considering getting welkin moon just for a chance at Ganyu... not that I would use her to fight, just so I can kill all the birds that are tightly grouped in the world.

Why do I frequently see other people implying that they need Fowl

Fowl is basically up there with Mint for the ingredient I need the least. I have like 400 of the things. The only recipes I know of that use it need some other more scarce material.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Fowl is basically up there with Mint for the ingredient I need the least. I have like 400 of the things. The only recipes I know of that use it need some other more scarce material.

I stuff my face with Sweet Madame whenever I take a big hit and heals are on CD because I'm not so great at this game or any game.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Ytlaya posted:

I think some people subsist on Sweet Madames instead of Universal Peace and hashbrowns. Maybe it's more efficient somehow? :shrug:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The fact fowl is so useless is why sweet madames are so good.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hash browns needing jam does make them suck relative to madames imo. but i'll never not have my boy Razor making them for the chance of pawprints

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bloody Emissary posted:

I think some people subsist on Sweet Madames instead of Universal Peace and hashbrowns. Maybe it's more efficient somehow? :shrug:

I run low on Sweet Flowers though since lots of other things use sugar; they would be a bottleneck long before Fowl.

I mostly use Hashbrowns, Mushroom Pizzas (these benefit heavily from Jean though - they're the only food I'm aware of where the person who can craft the special recipe also gets a boost to production), and that one fish bowl recipe.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ytlaya posted:

agreed, I only kill the birds on the bridge, and only to spite Timmy

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Universal peace was a great addition, super easy to make and everything's pretty easy to get. Plus if you have Ganyu you won't have to feel bad about making her stuff them down her face since they're vegetarian, and she's got a signature dish based on them.

Goliath
Oct 22, 2007

TG: assistant director of chumpography
Klee is a chaotic gremlin and I love it.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

padijun posted:

xingqiu seems like diona, having a sac weapon is like 2-3 free constellations. I have him at 205% ER and the high uptime on the ult isn't possible without it.

oh look what's on the new weapon banner

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

4 pulls on the ganyu banner to get her which means I probably hit hard pity. Im still not complaining since I got her bow way early off banner. Also got XQ to 6, Xiangling to 4 and Noelle to 3

I'll probably start storing up resources for inazumas archon

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

aparmenideanmonad posted:

XQ is the last 4 star I don't have, I have C6 XL already, and I'm really hoping you used up all the bad luck friendo. Especially since I only have 4k primos after going hard for constellations last banner.

25 pulls got me Ganyu (soft pity), two 4-star weapon dupes, and a Xiangling brick....yeah I'm done. Come back to the shop waterboyo!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol well 2k gems spent got me c6 XQ and C1 noelle also....

I should really find someone who can use this thing!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

MarcusSA posted:

I should really find someone who can use this thing!
I think I found the hidden solution to this riddle.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I got my Ningguang up to lvl 70 with the lvl 80 ascension, and finally geared out her artifacts and a lvl 80 BP book. Been trying to learn to use her for stuff and it's... not going that well. I spend way too much time with her out instead of switching and using other skills on cooldown, it feels like she's not killing things as fast as I want, and every time I try to use her for an actual big enemy she gets oneshot out of nowhere immediately after being out on the field for a few seconds.

I don't know what it is exactly that I'm doing wrong but maybe books are just not my playstyle. For reference my normal team for domains is Diluc/Fischl C6/Jean/Albedo right now and my Ning is 2 Petra 2 Gladiator, Geo cup, everything but the hat being 5* (hat is 4* crit damage Petra), all either lvl 12 or 16, and substats are fine except this crazy hourglass:

There's a few obvious things I'm just not doing right because I'm not used to using Ning, like doing the right number of attacks before a charged attack and properly switching away from Ning to drop skills with other characters rather than being stuck in the "try to hit autos into charged attack" loop. Otherwise, her stats just seem very low. Like everyone else at her level without specifically trying to use artifacts that buff hp/defense have like 17k hp and 800 defense, she has like 13k hp and 400 defense. Her attack stat with a decent artifact loadout is like 1100, which is basically the same as my Albedo who uses Def artifacts over Atk ones, and is signifcantly lower than my other characters. Is this normal?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Very first single roll on the new character banner was a 5*, roll 76 since my last 5* on the character banner back in October. Diluc C1. While ok since I use Diluc, it does not seem like a significant power increase and I got myself mentally hyped up for Ganyu. I think that is a middle result, some 5* C1s were much worse since I don't use them, but Jean or Qiqi or Ganyu probably would have been better. Now I need to figure out how much to spend on this banner vs save for the next good weapon banner.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
WHAT THE gently caress.

I just got two Ganyu's in one 10 pull, and a Noelle on top of that?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Archonex posted:

WHAT THE gently caress.

I just got two Ganyu's in one 10 pull, and a Noelle on top of that?!

You're a bad person. One day that will happen to me and all the bad gacha luck will be forgiven.