Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Do you have Petra gear? And are you canceling her attack animations? She literally attacks twice as fast with that tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
The funniest thing about Ganyu is that they buffed her before release

they must have PTSD from Zhongli

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Tsyni posted:

You're a bad person. One day that will happen to me and all the bad gacha luck will be forgiven.

It gets even better.

Her C1 is nuts too. It decreases cyro res for enemies hit by her arrow attack and then also gives you energy to help spam her burst. If I wasn't sure of the security of the UID thing i'd post a screenshot here of it. The loving luck. :stare:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I pulled a second Widsith. Klee has one at the moment. Should I hold onto the second or refine the first?

E: Also is it still recommended to wait until AR45 before running for artifacts? I just hit 40.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I am so irritated with my "good" luck on the event banners, I'm now 2/2 for accidentally sniping myself out of planned guaranteed rolls for both Zhongli and Ganyu in the last day before their banner starts, while at a really low pity counter each time.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Ultima66 posted:

I got my Ningguang up to lvl 70 with the lvl 80 ascension, and finally geared out her artifacts and a lvl 80 BP book. Been trying to learn to use her for stuff and it's... not going that well. I spend way too much time with her out instead of switching and using other skills on cooldown, it feels like she's not killing things as fast as I want, and every time I try to use her for an actual big enemy she gets oneshot out of nowhere immediately after being out on the field for a few seconds.

I don't know what it is exactly that I'm doing wrong but maybe books are just not my playstyle. For reference my normal team for domains is Diluc/Fischl C6/Jean/Albedo right now and my Ning is 2 Petra 2 Gladiator, Geo cup, everything but the hat being 5* (hat is 4* crit damage Petra), all either lvl 12 or 16, and substats are fine except this crazy hourglass:

There's a few obvious things I'm just not doing right because I'm not used to using Ning, like doing the right number of attacks before a charged attack and properly switching away from Ning to drop skills with other characters rather than being stuck in the "try to hit autos into charged attack" loop. Otherwise, her stats just seem very low. Like everyone else at her level without specifically trying to use artifacts that buff hp/defense have like 17k hp and 800 defense, she has like 13k hp and 400 defense. Her attack stat with a decent artifact loadout is like 1100, which is basically the same as my Albedo who uses Def artifacts over Atk ones, and is signifcantly lower than my other characters. Is this normal?

Ningguang is one of the squishiest characters in the game, yes, but she compensates for this by constantly generating shields for herself (as well as having another shield of sorts on her E). Base ATK is on the lower end for a 4* too. You know you need to animation cancel her normal attacks though, right? The easy way is to just hold down W while using her normals. The NingGang spreadsheet says to use a click-click-hold rotation too.

If you have 1100 ATK you must be running a crit headpiece and you're overinvested in crit and underinvested in ATK. Remember those guides saying not to invest in crit until you have very well rolled 5* artifacts? Unless you have crit as an ascension stat or you have really good crit substats you should probably be running ATK on your headpiece even if your weapon substat is crit.

For comparison, my Ning's the same level as yours (70/80) and with a level 80 Eye of Perception (+50% ATK substat) she has 1724 ATK. 2 glad/2 petra, crit rate on the helmet. Crit stats are fairly bad though, 41% crit rate and 85% crit damage total - I don't have great crit substats. I run a crit rate helmet because I don't have anything else suitable right now, plus I have a bunch of ATK% substats to compensate. e: album with artifacts and stats

Either way though staying on one character and just autoattacking with no reactions is not really how this game is intended to be played so you should probably not do that. Ningguang's survivability relies on shields and if you don't do reactions you don't get any crystals so she's super squishy. It's not like doing only normal attacks solo with anyone else is particularly effective either. At the very least you should run her with Fischl - crystallizes count as reactions for the purposes of proccing Fischl's A4 talent.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 13, 2021

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Boris Galerkin posted:

I pulled a second Widsith. Klee has one at the moment. Should I hold onto the second or refine the first?

E: Also is it still recommended to wait until AR45 before running for artifacts? I just hit 40.

Mona wants it for DPS or support, otherwise I'd refine tbh

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a smart person would save their weapon banner soft pity for the Hu Tao spear they want

instead i decided trying for SP would be fun and got it in 10

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Oh my loving god. I have her at level 40 and with a bunch of hacked together artifacts that are about 8 star and she's doing 3-7k damage per shot in an aoe. This is at WL7/level 50+.

She is a beast.

Edit: This is with no talent level ups. If this holds true to the end of her leveling process I suspect she'll end up beating out Diluc for DPS potential.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
How critical are aimed shots to Ganyu support? I'm tempted to roll for Klee backup if it's a feasible thing on mobile

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

zgrowler2 posted:

How critical are aimed shots to Ganyu support? I'm tempted to roll for Klee backup if it's a feasible thing on mobile

You can literally aim at the ground near the enemy with charge shot 2 and still proc headshots because of the aoe sky bloom.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Archonex posted:

WHAT THE gently caress.

I just got two Ganyu's in one 10 pull, and a Noelle on top of that?!

i got a lion's roar and a favonius greatsword in one 10 pull :( two terrible flavors that taste even worse together!

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

zgrowler2 posted:

Not at all, you just use her ult. Which you can get 100% uptime on because its cooldown is the same as its duration. The damage on it is absolutely nuts if used against groups of targets too. Against single targets it's not that great though.\

Archonex posted:

Oh my loving god. I have her at level 40 and with a bunch of hacked together artifacts that are about 8 star and she's doing 3-7k damage per shot in an aoe. This is at WL7/level 50+.

She is a beast.

Edit: This is with no talent level ups. If this holds true to the end of her leveling process I suspect she'll end up beating out Diluc for DPS potential.

Spreadsheet nerds are saying she's similar to Diluc in a DPS role with the right comp, yes. Her base stats are crazy and so are her ratios.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

zgrowler2 posted:

Well her bow is a fuckin' rocket launcher, and approximately 2/3rds of its damage is in the AOE and not the direct hit, so getting headshots or even hitting enemies at all isn't that necessary.
You should be able to just shoot the ground in the same general area as an enemy and get all the AOE cryo damage you ever want. Try it out in the test run to see how it feels with mobile controls though

If you're just using her to support Klee you might just use her as a burst-bot though and ignore everything else.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

got ganyu and totally managed to dodge noelle. c6 xiangling/c5 XQ.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

zgrowler2 posted:

I'd say absolutely critical. She's skill based in that you actually need to be able to aim to do damage. So player skill is a factor.

But hooooly poo poo if you can consistently pull those hits off. So far her snipe based DPS looks like it might end up beating out Diluc of all people in terms of damage.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I got six 4-stars in 40 rolls! cool
But five of them were either Noelle or weapons.... :negative:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

zgrowler2 posted:

I would not play Ganyu on mobile, but I honestly wouldn't play most of the content in this game on mobile anyways.

Ive got ganyu at 70, her weapon at 60, talents at 5/4/4 and very unoptimized gear. My crits are hitting for about 14k on non melts. Klee's mine are actually very good for ganyu, the enemies get stunned from the frostflower and when they start walking toward you they'll step on mines putting pyro on them.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm up to R6 Favonius Lance.

lol.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i got noelle, xiangling, and... keqing? not what i was expecting my first 5* to be, huh

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

U-DO Burger posted:

i got noelle, xiangling, and... keqing? not what i was expecting my first 5* to be, huh

keqing owns. most fun character you can play in this game. she's not the best carry, just a good one, but she's very flexible and can fit in a lot of different team comps. you can run her as a burst support too if you eventually stop using her as a carry.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 13, 2021

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLC-mFhjXFg

granted its a whale acc but she one cycles stormterror.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Amber on suicide watch

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

Amber on suicide watch

it's a gacha game, they can never debuff-- so they should just make amber the fire ganyu

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Kild posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLC-mFhjXFg

granted its a whale acc but she one cycles stormterror.

Thing is, looking at her constellations you don't need more than C1 to just obliterate anything. And even then C1 is a nice bonus really since it just adds a -15% cyro res debuff on fully charged snipes.

Like, the only game breaking thing in her constellations is her C6, which lets her fire off a fully charged snipe attack with no charge up time. And since you get two stacks of her E at C2 and using her E gives you a free fully charged snipe that means you can spam up to 2-3 fully charged snipes every 10s. And even then, it's not a big deal given those numbers that video is putting out.

So that means that that DPS in that video is all her at C0, essentially, barring a -15% res debuff. :stare:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Ganyu has huge potential just by nature of being a cryo DPS who isn't Kaeya or Chongyun.
The Blizzard Strayer set gives her +40% crit against frozen targets, Cryo Resonance gives +15% more, and Ganyu's A1 passive gives another 20% crit if she's fired an arrow in the past 5 seconds.
So basically she gets 75% crit rate for free, but unlike those two cryo chumps' piddly scalings, her charge shot does a total of 484% ATK damage at talent level level 6 (scaling up to 553% at 8 and 662% at 10), and she can fire one every 2.1 seconds.

For reference, Amber's ult does 708% damage over its duration at TL6. So just spamming charge shots as Ganyu does more than an Amber ult's worth of damage every 4 seconds, even before looking at crits.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Ganyu has huge potential just by nature of being a cryo DPS who isn't Kaeya or Chongyun.
The Blizzard Strayer set gives her +40% crit against frozen targets, Cryo Resonance gives +15% more, and Ganyu's A1 passive gives another 20% crit if she's fired an arrow in the past 5 seconds.
So basically she gets 75% crit rate for free, but unlike those two cryo chumps' piddly scalings, her charge shot does a total of 484% ATK damage at talent level level 6 (scaling up to 553% at 8 and 662% at 10), and she can fire one every 2.1 seconds.

For reference, Amber's ult does 708% damage over its duration at TL6. So just spamming charge shots as Ganyu does more than an Amber ult's worth of damage every 4 seconds, even before looking at crits.

Her charged shot is essentially a burst move for other characters. Which is hilarious.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

72 rolls, no 5*. Not surprising. My luck from last banner couldn't hold forever (3 5* in 93 pulls. I didn't want any of them.) But hey, got XQ, not bad. Should be able to guarantee a 5* on this banner.

Now I just have to go farm Oceanid so I can get the A3 ascension fates for XQ and Mona...

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Whelp spent my 40 pulls. Got NQ x4 (I mostly wanted C1 but hey C4 looks great and can do better on my Diluc team) a Stringless (So guess I can refine it) and a Sac Sword which was desperately needed since I did not have one yet (And perfect for XQ) . Would have been nice to get Ganyu since my next banner-specific 5* is guaranteed but I wasn't willing to drop any more gems.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Got lucky and in 30 pulls I managed to get a C1 for Noelle, a C8 for my Xiangliang, my first XingQiu and his C1, and then Ganyu!
This means I'm going to have to use 100 pulls to get that upcoming angry nun, doesn't it?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Spreadsheet guy claims that on paper, aimed shot Ganyu does 50-60% more DPS than Diluc on similar teams and in similar situations. Provided you can aim in melee range of course and aren't getting interrupted.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

In one 10 pull I got Noelle, Xiang and XQ. The next 10 I got another XQ and a Favonius Sword. Now he's C3 and I wish I had Childe to pair with him.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Saved up 100+ rolls, got Ganyu in literally first roll lol. I did keep rolling until I got Xingqiu, though. Nabbed him in the 8th 10-pull.

In 80 rolls I got:
2 Ganyu (c1)
4 Noelle (c5)
1 Xiangling (c4)
1 XQ
1 Rust (r1)
1 Fav Codex
1 Dragon's Bane

This was in one cycle lol. And my substats aren't even that great.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Archonex posted:

But hooooly poo poo if you can consistently pull those hits off. So far her snipe based DPS looks like it might end up beating out Diluc of all people in terms of damage.

The big question (which probably won't be answered until more people have a go) is whether or not Team Ganyu destroys Team Diluc. Then it comes down to if the increase is so hilarious that it's worth having to deal with playing a third person action game on kb/m to use her.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Archonex posted:

Her charged shot is essentially a burst move for other characters. Which is hilarious.

Yep. My Zhongli is built for hp, but his meteor does a very respectable around 33k every 12 seconds

meanwhile, my Ganyu is doing about 35-40k every 2.1 seconds, with suboptimal gear, and she's doing it from another zipcode

this is the first time I've been legit concerned about powercreep in this game

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Mailer posted:

The big question (which probably won't be answered until more people have a go) is whether or not Team Ganyu destroys Team Diluc. Then it comes down to if the increase is so hilarious that it's worth having to deal with playing a third person action game on kb/m to use her.

According to the above post it's a 50% increase.

I should point out that if you have the primos she's probably the best 5 star for non whales at this point. Since Prototype Crescent and a steady mouse hand will consistently pull absurd damage. I wouldn't use compound bow since A: Compound bow's damage potential is vastly inferior to Prototype Crescent in both stat and weapon ability and B: She is built around delivering a few massively damaging shots with her fully charged snipe, and Compound Bow also requires making consistent hits to get the most out of it before you can even hit it's maximum damage potential. So you waste the DPS she can do on multiple fronts if you go for Compound Bow.

Someone who can consistently hit weak points (You only need to hit them like once every 10s.) with snipe mode while retaining situational awareness though can break a lot of encounters over their knee. Granted, this requires personal skill and not in game leveled up skills, but :shrug:.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Yep. My Zhongli is built for hp, but his meteor does a very respectable around 33k every 12 seconds

meanwhile, my Ganyu is doing about 35-40k every 2.1 seconds, with suboptimal gear, and she's doing it from another zipcode

this is the first time I've been legit concerned about powercreep in this game

I just hope she doesn't get nerfed. She's legitimately a fantastic character. Having tried her out in combat for a bit the insane damage potential is balanced by the fact that it's easy to get smacked by something or flanked. Which is fatal in many encounters at a higher level of play. Especially when you factor in how easy it is to kill her. She seems extremely fragile. Though that might be her underleveled stats talking for me.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 13, 2021

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I'm not entirely sure I'm sold on that conclusion, but it is at least possible looking at my own math. Vaporize Diluc destroys Regular Ganyu, but Melt Ganyu (if you can do it consistently) destroys Vaporize Diluc. Thing is, Vaporize Diluc is a very easy team to run; how easily and consistently Melt Ganyu can be done is the question.

She is also probably the most powerful world content character because in Super Lame Solo Mode she still outdamages most things, and from farther away. Don't even need to think, just run her with Diona (for Resonance and spot healing) and Venti (because Venti) or something shooting everyone.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
QiQi C2 at roll 90. Honestly contemplated dropping the game right then and there...and then on my next ten I got Ganyu.

Still don't trust this cursed account. Six 5 star characters now and 3 of them are QiQi. I feel like I'm going insane

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm a little over level 20 now but I still don't really know what I'm doing as far as party comp goes.

So far outside of the 4 default characters I've ended up with
Barbara (x2)
Noelle (x2)
Sucrose (x3)
Xiangling (x2)
Diona
Xingqiu

idk why I keep getting so many duplicates but other than the last two that I just rolled, I've been using Traveler/Amber/Barbara/Xiangling. I'm only spending money on the $5 pass thingie so I'm not going to sit around and whale for the perfect team or anything, I just don't know enough to know what good combos I've got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Mailer posted:

If I had to guess, i'd say it depends on what passive pyro applies you have.

Klee would pair absurdly well with her and would probably just annihilate even the bosses in a few seconds with the right setup. Xiangliang it depends on whether you can keep the enemies in range of Guoba. Though Guoba does give another 10% or so damage boost when it despawns.

Xinyan...Well, I don't really know. I guess if you were running a close range "shotgun" type of snipe build it could work. There's bow's that can do that. However, her shield requires there to be two enemies nearby to start applying dots, from what I recall.

The main thing that may be holding her back so far is the availability of pyro characters that don't need to be on the field to do damage. If you have a character that can do that then i'd say you're in for a wild ride. :getin:

Either way, she seems like an excellent investment to roll for both in the short term and long run. Her charged shot alone is literally the equivalent of a spammable burst in terms of potential damage. And sooner or later we're going to get more characters that can just plop some pyro damage down on the field that aren't a limited time 5 star. When that happens her capacity to gently caress things up is going to skyrocket even further for a lot of people.

Edit: Does Bennett's burst apply pyro to enemies in a way that trigger melt damage? I haven't tested it.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 13, 2021