Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

:sigh:
Today I threw out Tanuki's favourite cardboard scratcher. My plan for today is to stay in bed and cry a lot.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

xcheopis posted:

Today I threw out Tanuki's favourite cardboard scratcher. My plan for today is to stay in bed and cry a lot.

:glomp: sending you much love and chillness friend, hope you can take the time to grieve and that you are feeling better soon.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

xcheopis posted:

Ah poo poo; sending warm feelings and hoping you have the time you need.

GATOS Y VATOS

xcheopis posted:

I'm so sorry Xcheopis. I totally understand- I still have some of Dexter's things that I haven't been able to take out and he's been gone for coming up on 6 years next month. I also have one or two things of Pachinko's and she's been gone over 12 years now.

GATOS Y VATOS

Lulu loves her instant udon bed

xcheopis

Thanks. I try not to post much about losing him because then that becomes all I post.
I have the favourite toys of Kiku-san, Hypatia, and Smudge saved and Tanuki's will be joining them soon.
Tempted to make tiny shrines, just for the fun of it. A small metal incense burning in front of each box, in which I burn a pinch of D8's catnip. Instead of ringing a small bell, I will have the sound of treats being shaken in a bag or maybe the sound of a can of food being opened. Favourite toys artistically arranged. The ritual chant ("Get off of there!") repeated at auspicious times throughout the day.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Lulu loves her instant udon bed

I love Lulu.

GATOS Y VATOS

Today is the 6th anniversary of when I got Dexter's diagnosis of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I gave him the best few more weeks of his life I hope.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

xcheopis

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Today is the 6th anniversary of when I got Dexter's diagnosis of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I gave him the best few more weeks of his life I hope.

He was a good cat and a cool dude. I loved the pictures of him being chauffered about town, such a spoiled boy. :3:

Stoner Sloth

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

a great cat with a good owner, sending you chill and positive vibes and hope that you have many good memories of Dexter and that you have a good xmas

xcheopis posted:

He was a good cat and a cool dude. I loved the pictures of him being chauffered about town, such a spoiled boy. :3:

yeah this, and hope you have a rad one too xcheopis and sending you best wishes for a better next year! :glomp:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

GATOS Y VATOS

Crosspostin' to wish you all a wonderful Christmas

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Hark - an angel comes to bring you good tidings! Hope you all have a great holiday

Christmas Angel by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

xcheopis

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Crosspostin' to wish you all a wonderful Christmas

Lulu is a perfect(ly plump) angel!

GATOS Y VATOS

Crossposting- maybe it would be relative to your interests

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Well my favorite sappy manga, Uncle and Cat (Ojisama to Neko), has been made into a TV Drama mini series in Japan! It's the story of an "ugly" cat who has been sitting in a pet store unsold for a year who has lost all hope until a widower comes in and buys him since his late wife always spoke of wanting a cat someday. It's a real tearjerker of happiness and I'm a huge sucker for such things. Since the cat, Fukumaru, is very stylized and has a lot of expression and internal monologue in the manga, they've decided to use puppetry for him in the drama.

I hope that this can somehow be available in the states eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS132-98euk

GATOS Y VATOS

also:

GATOS Y VATOS

Ojisama to Neko is now available for free with ads- I used Private Internet Access VPN to watch it (Express VPN is blocked). No subtitles, but extremely good vibes. I think this is going to be 3 parts, shown once a week.

https://tver.jp/corner/f0065011

Ass-penny

Tell your cat I love them.

GATOS Y VATOS

I will let Lulu and Rokit know as soon as they wake up from their naps 😸

xcheopis

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Crossposting- maybe it would be relative to your interests

I bought the first of the english translations but I'm not sure I'll buy the second because the same cat puns over and over was distracting and, eventually, annoying. It's a lovely story, too!

Lulu confused by toy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I will let Lulu and Rokit know as soon as they wake up from their naps 😸

Spongebob narrator voice: Seven hours later...

xcheopis

The week Tanuki died I was given potted mums from a very nice woman with whom I'd worked. Being me, I managed to break part of it on the bus ride home.
I never threw out the broken bit, though, and recently discovered that that this small broken off bunch of dried blossoms still has a lovely scent! Obviously, I must keep it forever.

GATOS Y VATOS

xcheopis posted:

The week Tanuki died I was given potted mums from a very nice woman with whom I'd worked. Being me, I managed to break part of it on the bus ride home.
I never threw out the broken bit, though, and recently discovered that that this small broken off bunch of dried blossoms still has a lovely scent! Obviously, I must keep it forever.

:unsmith: a beautiful story for a beautiful cat.

We are blessed to have Little Friends in our lives, but no matter how long they are with us, it is never enough time. The small ones leave the biggest holes in our hearts when they leave.

The 6th anniversary of Dexter passing away is coming up in a few days. I still miss him, but the good memories I have with him are priceless to me. They still keep me going when times are low. And Lulu's purrs and Rokit's standoffishness is a great because it's so him. Each little guy or gal has a bigger personality than their tiny bodies should hold, but there they go.

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

meet penelope

GATOS Y VATOS

Well!

Penelope knows what she likes and obviously takes no poo poo.

A great cat.

GATOS Y VATOS

Memory photo showed up on FB for me. One of Dexter's night walks. He really loved them.

xcheopis

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

:unsmith: a beautiful story for a beautiful cat.

We are blessed to have Little Friends in our lives, but no matter how long they are with us, it is never enough time. The small ones leave the biggest holes in our hearts when they leave.

The 6th anniversary of Dexter passing away is coming up in a few days. I still miss him, but the good memories I have with him are priceless to me. They still keep me going when times are low. And Lulu's purrs and Rokit's standoffishness is a great because it's so him. Each little guy or gal has a bigger personality than their tiny bodies should hold, but there they go.

Those orange-and-white boys, I tell ya. Just the sweetest little goobers. :buddy: There will probably be kittens in the clinic again this spring, which might help. I'm dying to snuggle a cat; going cold-turkey off the purr-snores loving sucks.

Look at this magnificent beast!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Memory photo showed up on FB for me. One of Dexter's night walks. He really loved them.

Such a good baby he was.

Ass-penny

Over the last seven days a growth has formed on Sweetleaf's throat, and is about the size of a golf ball now. My roommate had her in today and it's looking like some variety of cancer. I'm sad, not looking forward to when I feel sadder. Hug your furry friends, friends.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

https://youtu.be/LD6AzxeHmVI

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

Over the last seven days a growth has formed on Sweetleaf's throat, and is about the size of a golf ball now. My roommate had her in today and it's looking like some variety of cancer. I'm sad, not looking forward to when I feel sadder. Hug your furry friends, friends.

Crap. Do you know how long she has?

GATOS Y VATOS

rear end-penny posted:

Oh no. I'm so sorry. :(

xcheopis

Just motoring about

spooky ghost

:woof:

xcheopis

Cool!

ChubbyChecker

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

haha

Ass-penny

We don't know yet, if it keeps growing like it has been probably not long. She's having some trouble eating kibble or treats, we had some luck with a canned food. I'm worried about her breathing. It's hard to watch, you all know.

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

We don't know yet, if it keeps growing like it has been probably not long. She's having some trouble eating kibble or treats, we had some luck with a canned food. I'm worried about her breathing. It's hard to watch, you all know.

:sympathy:

Ass-penny

I just snapped this picture because I think it's cute how she has her feet together. It was well timed too, since I started typing this post she sneezed and woke herself up.

GATOS Y VATOS

what a cutie patootie :3:

ChubbyChecker

aww

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

I just snapped this picture because I think it's cute how she has her feet together. It was well timed too, since I started typing this post she sneezed and woke herself up.

It's when they start curling their little fluffy feet that my brain just melts from the cuteness overload. She is such a darling! :3:

biosterous

parents' cat charlie is currently a coneboy, but can still snuggle so he's okay with that part at least :3:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

biosterous posted:

parents' cat charlie is currently a coneboy, but can still snuggle so he's okay with that part at least :3:

Big snuggles

How long will he have to wear the cone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker

biosterous posted:

a catlamp!