Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://mobile.twitter.com/Politics1com/status/1349165315196903425

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gunning for Strom’s record.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midjack posted:

Gunning for Strom’s record.

And likely will be just as coherent.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
loving primary her ancient rear end, jesus gently caress, california.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Honestly just get Arnold to run as a D or an Independent. I doubt he’d do worse then her.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Not far enough. Allow naturalized citizens to run for president. Make Demolition Man real.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Not far enough. Allow naturalized citizens to run for president. Make Demolition Man real.

I am not using the three seashells.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

They wanted president Arnold, let’s make it happen! :twisted:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's cute she thinks she'll be alive by then

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Icon Of Sin posted:

They wanted president Arnold, let’s make it happen! :twisted:

I love Arnold.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nick Jr. Face posted:

It's cute she thinks she'll be alive by then

Don't loving curse us, man. Saying that means she's going to live to 107 and spend every remaining day in power.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Don't loving curse us, man. Saying that means she's going to live to 107 and spend every remaining day in power.

Well at least she still doesn’t have her magical conceal permit anymore (yes I know the reason, but she was also a massive hypocrite for it). Honestly there are ton of reports she already has dementia and is like Strom was towards the end.

Edit: haha I never realized his direct successor was Ladybug.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Feinstein thing is mandatory paperwork that everyone files to transfer funding out of the 2020 campaign account and onto the next one. It's standard financial poo poo, not a declaration that she's running again.

https://twitter.com/Politics1com/status/1349199804971294721?s=19

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Put a goddamn age out limit on any seats of power. Fucks sake, being led by walking corpses gets us no progress.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Thats 4 years away, basically an eternity. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Preemptive vote Luca 2024

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Put a goddamn age out limit on any seats of power. Fucks sake, being led by walking corpses gets us no progress.

Yea! If we're gonna have our government cosplay warhammer40k these congress critters need to be interred on a golden throne!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I am not using the three seashells.

Also I will not accept Taco Bell as my only dining out option if they won’t bring back the Mexican Pizza.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midjack posted:

Also I will not accept Taco Bell as my only dining out option if they won’t bring back the Mexican Pizza.

This man gets it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Mexican pizza will be Taco Bells' mcrib.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Midjack posted:

in the European release it's pizza hut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STwEqxtjMCU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Do not get hopeful about McConnell whipping the Senate Republicans to vote for impeachment. He's far more likely to encourage only enough of his colleagues that the vote ultimately comes to 66/67 and get that loving :troll: look on his face and say "oh well, *we* tried!"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There is an age limit.

It’s on the low end. :v:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ yeah, the max needs to be 50 years over the minimum. Congress minimum is what, 30? 80 on the top end is way to gracious, maybe a 40 year max window. Then they can go be consultants and lobbyists like all the losers of every election cycle.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Do not get hopeful about McConnell whipping the Senate Republicans to vote for impeachment. He's far more likely to encourage only enough of his colleagues that the vote ultimately comes to 66/67 and get that loving :troll: look on his face and say "oh well, *we* tried!"

Considering he went from "absolutely not, I'm as firm on this as my shell" last week to what he was saying earlier today. Wasn't the senate supposed to be out of session until the 19th?

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 13, 2021

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Considering he went from "absolutely not, I'm as firm on this as my shell" last week to what he was saying earlier today. Wasn't the senate supposed to be out of session until the 19th?
I wonder why he changed his tune, was it some revelation about how close he came to being personally murdered?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Correct, but it seems he might allow for bifurcation of trial and regular business if the Senate parliamentarian allows it is encouraging. There is also the option where him and Chuck consent to just bring the Senate back, thanks to Anthrax letters era rule provision.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nessus posted:

I wonder why he changed his tune, was it some revelation about how close he came to being personally murdered?

To quote someone in discord: he’s evil, not stupid.

If he thinks this is the best way to salvage something from the current happenings, that’s exactly what he will (precious statements be damned).

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Don't forget impeachment can also be carried out *after* the end of a president's term.

People have referenced the UCMJ applying after retirement, it should apply in a similar fashion for the Commander in Chief. They take a similar oath in front of the Chief Justice.

gently caress 'em. You buy the ticket, you get the whole ride, for better or worse.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nessus posted:

The business community (donors) are running from Trump and reps who supported sedition. Trump is a cancer and impeachment removes the 2024 threat and let's the GOP figure out how to wrestle back control of the racist mob.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Biden will not be the forty‐sixth president of the United States.”

promises kept

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Change "impeachment" to "political bankruptcy" and we might be able to trick Trump into falling for it.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The business community (donors) are running from Trump and reps who supported sedition. Trump is a cancer and impeachment removes the 2024 threat and let's the GOP figure out how to wrestle back control of the racist mob.

Plus Adelson dying is a huge reliable chunk of change gone.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
With Liz Cheney seemingly leading the charge for impeachment, I'm wondering if the neocons have finally found their asses and are gonna have another go at taking their party back from the crazies.

Here's hoping no.

Although another JEB! run in 2024 might be worth it.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The neocons are also crazy and they have a much higher bodycount.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Soylent Pudding posted:

I've seen an interwar essay reposted a fair bit along the lines of "the anti-Semite knows he's ridiculous..."

That’s the Jean-Paul Sartre essay “Anti-Semite and Jew”.

“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Best Friends posted:

The neocons are also crazy and they have a much higher bodycount.

Yeah, never forget, these people haven't learned their lesson AT ALL. They want a fascist they can *control*, or at least one that doesn't make things awkward for them at fundraisers or DC parties. They are 100% "party before country."

They embraced Trump because they thought he'd be a distraction that'd allow them to push their agenda forward quietly in the background. A literal broke-dicked Reagan they thought would do what they wanted so long as he got the attention he craved.

The only lesson they've learned is that their next fascist needs to be twice as ruthless but have that "aw shucks" quality that cons white and old people into a sense of complacency while he wreaks death and destruction at home and abroad. Again, like Reagan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR3RqMMIwD4

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

orange juche posted:

in the European release it's pizza hut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STwEqxtjMCU

and when the nato peacekeeping forces land in the US what then. Some kind of combination pizza hut and taco bell???

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Yeah, I guess born to rule Carlisle Group/Bonesman types are a different breed of crazy to the likes of Cruz/Santorum/Hawley, but no less damaging to the country, and a whole lot more destabilising for the rest of the world.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

i wish!

no one runs against her, dem or republican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

ded posted:

i wish!

no one runs against her, dem or republican

There's one who could