Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Single and LOVING IT
Apr 4, 2004
The monkeys are coming. . .

Plinkey posted:

starting the process of setting up a legit 501-3(c) I have a meeting with a lawyer on monday, so some of the goonbucks might need to go towards that, it's been a long time coming

A good use of goonbucks to keep everything going. Thank you for taking the time required to do all this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gunshow Poophole posted:

I’m willing to be a board member so some of those goonbucks can pay for catered lunches once a quarter and a motivational speaker around bonus time

you get a buck 25 for a mc chicken

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Plinkey posted:

you get a buck 25 for a mc chicken

No McRibs? This is BULLSHIT.

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

In for $50 (69.42 CAD) as long as I stick to my 2021 diet.

If I cheat, even once, that month's donation goes to Trumps Make America Great Again Committee. Check is in an envelope, stamped, ready to mail.

Goon eat a food and have a beer so I don't have to drat it.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
This is the nicest thing and goons can be so kind. I wish I had more goonbux to give

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
welp, this is happening

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Plinkey posted:

welp, this is happening

what did lawyer say, were they a lil perplexed

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

what did lawyer say, were they a lil perplexed

um it's jeff's lawyer so they kinda knew what was going on

e: basically i have a bunch of paperwork to fill out/read later today, need to set up a PO Box and some other admin poo poo, but I should be able to file as a PA 501-3(c) by the end of the month, then get a board together, write some bylaws and poo poo and find an accountant

Plinkey has issued a correction as of 18:20 on Jan 11, 2021

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

can i be on the board

good work plinkey it swells my heart to know the goonfood effort is only getting stronger

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SirPablo posted:

No McRibs? This is BULLSHIT.

you know they cost like 5.99 right? we aint got the money for that

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

only 5.99? poo poo, they're really cheap in the US

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

I volunteer to be on the board

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Plinkey posted:

e: basically i have a bunch of paperwork to fill out/read later today, need to set up a PO Box and some other admin poo poo, but I should be able to file as a PA 501-3(c) by the end of the month, then get a board together, write some bylaws and poo poo and find an accountant

thanks for following through with all this, you’re doing good work here

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Plinkey posted:

thanks for taking care of this plink :) and jeff's lawyer too

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

years of law school, all to become SA’s lawyer lmao

(this is really good tho, seriously)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

dads friend steve posted:

years of law school, all to become SA’s lawyer lmao

(this is really good tho, seriously)

i hope its Leonard J. Crabs

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I have a family member who's in some dire straits. Unemployment ran out, state's behind, the whole nine yards of.

Is it appropriate to make a post or email on their behalf?

I was thinking I might hook them up with an account, but they have a lot on their plate getting ui straightened, etc. There's a family pet involved too, if that's relevant. Don't want them to stare either.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Good work Plinkey!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Plinkey posted:

lawyers have a bunch of money also get them to sign up for the fund

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

i don't think 'jeffs lawyer' means that jeff owns him and can tell him to pay us

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I don't know how many board members you need but I'd volunteer on this successful goon project. I'm a Social Worker in real life so nonprofit work is my bread-and-butter

gremlins two
Aug 14, 2019

sent a long, rambling email. thank you plinkey - and thank you to everyone who contributes - these are interesting times, and you're keeping people from being left out in the cold.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

fermun posted:

i've sent an email.

i got nothing when i needed it. thanks goons!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

fermun posted:

i got nothing when i needed it. thanks goons!

well that's not good, plinkey?

i know he gets a decent amount of communication these days so please also try to re-send if you didn't get a response at all :(

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
he might be proscribed against doing things with money while paperwork happens, I dunno

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

smarxist posted:

well that's not good, plinkey?

i know he gets a decent amount of communication these days so please also try to re-send if you didn't get a response at all :(

he had missed it, it came this morning.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gunshow Poophole posted:

he might be proscribed against doing things with money while paperwork happens, I dunno

No, I just had a lot going on this weekend into early this week, sorry I'm not always able to fit a timeline so the sooner that you know that you're gunna need money or have an issue the better, this isn't a job for me, it's in my free time, and I don't get paid for it.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
yeah I’m doing a post to support you, without telling people who are anxious and in need to be patient,which also is not helpful :(

anyway woo get those buxx in those pockets

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so I need a printer and a scanner for all this, so I'm buying this because the one I have is broke as gently caress

https://www.amazon.com/Pantum-M7102DW-Monochrome-Multifunction-Auto-Duplex/dp/B07KHRZTHD/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

hope that is ok with everyone

Plinkey has issued a correction as of 06:42 on Jan 15, 2021

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Plinkey posted:

so I need a printer and a scanner for all this, so I'm buying this because the one I have is broke as gently caress

https://www.amazon.com/Pantum-M7102DW-Monochrome-Multifunction-Auto-Duplex/dp/B07KHRZTHD/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

And here I was expecting this to be a joke $10,000 printer/scanner as an homage to kitchen appliance poster.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HelloSailorSign posted:

And here I was expecting this to be a joke $10,000 printer/scanner as an homage to kitchen appliance poster.

no, i literally just need a printer and scanner that works

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’d run that past the guys in the computer forum, I’ve personally never heard of that brand and that might be an issue keeping it working in the future. For not much more you can get an equivalent spec’d Brother, but for all I know (someone who doesn’t exactly keep up with printer news) these might be the hottest guys in town now and a great buy.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Plinkey posted:

ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY NINE DOLLARS?!?!

nice

seriously though if you want a good cheap all in one go with Brother: https://smile.amazon.com/Brother-MFCL2750DW-Monochrome-Wireless-Replenishment/dp/B0763X6TCW

Little more expensive but Brother is good quality with fairly cheap toner cartridges.

I've never even heard of Pantum.

RandomBlue has issued a correction as of 17:22 on Jan 15, 2021

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I will carry this printer to you

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've got a simpler laser Brother that's been great, can't say I'm any kind of printer expert but I'll +1 that brand. One of the very few wifi-enabled devices that actually works reliably on wifi that I've ever owned

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

+1 for brother. I've had three at my job and they're reliable and a breeze to set up

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

i say swears online posted:

+1 for brother. I've had three at my job and they're reliable and a breeze to set up

I remember buying a Brother printer over thirty years ago. Inexpensive but very solid.

:corsair: I'm old :corsair:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I've had this for a while now and it's been pretty solid. Replacement cartridges are only $15.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-las...iberID=19413752

Just glad my dollars are helping out. You get what you need Plinkey.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plinkey posted:

this isn't a job for me, it's in my free time, and I don't get paid for it.

Not paid he says :catbert:

(just kidding, thanks for your hard work plinkey :glomp: )

Also, how terrible was the process of making the whole thing official? I may have to do that for a similar fund soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

my bony fealty posted:

I will carry this printer to you