Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pitied Dilu instead of Big Titty Goat GF :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So my rolls this past month or two have been positively absurd and I don't know what to level up now. Granted, I don't have to level anything up if I don't want to, since my team of Diluc/Chong/XQ/whatever will blast just about everything outside the spiral abyss.

Right now, I have Keqing sitting waiting for the final ascension, and she also needs a new full set of electro artifacts. Fischl is fully ascended, but she could also use a new set. I just pulled both Ganyu and Sucrose, no artifacts for either of them and frankly I need quite a few exp books to get them up to 80. And then I've also got the Skyward Atlas lying around, is this worth pumping experience into and sticking on Sucrose? And I also pulled the Skyward Harp and I dunno if I should stick it on Fischl (C3) or Ganyu.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I sure wish I could use the pile of NO I have but Mihoyo has coded the game to specifically deny me sac weapons.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

inthesto posted:

So my rolls this past month or two have been positively absurd and I don't know what to level up now. Granted, I don't have to level anything up if I don't want to, since my team of Diluc/Chong/XQ/whatever will blast just about everything outside the spiral abyss.

Right now, I have Keqing sitting waiting for the final ascension, and she also needs a new full set of electro artifacts. Fischl is fully ascended, but she could also use a new set. I just pulled both Ganyu and Sucrose, no artifacts for either of them and frankly I need quite a few exp books to get them up to 80. And then I've also got the Skyward Atlas lying around, is this worth pumping experience into and sticking on Sucrose? And I also pulled the Skyward Harp and I dunno if I should stick it on Fischl (C3) or Ganyu.

Sucrose wants sacrificial fragments, Favonius codex or Mappa Mare. If it ain't got EM or ER it ain't poo poo. Building ATK on her is a waste and 5* weapons are expensive as poo poo to get leveled. She doesn't need to be 80 to do her thing either, she's great at level 60. She doesn't do all that much damage herself - the value she provides is a lot of CC as well as making everyone else do a lot more damage via VV and her EM sharing. Skyward Atlas is good on damage dealers like Klee, Ningguang or Mona (although on Mona it's mostly a stat stick).

Keqing is a ton of fun but frankly if you have both Diluc and Ganyu you really don't need her.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jan 13, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ganyu doesn't seem as op as people were saying yesterday. Her charged shots are good damage but it's hard to get them to flow with the other members of your team (and she's not going to make you suddenly enjoy playing charged shot). Her Q is very good so she's still a good character but I don't think you should feel like you're behind without her.

She could have a really high ceiling as she gets more figured out though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ning is the true op character when 1.3 comes

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

TheFluff posted:

Sucrose wants sacrificial fragments, Favonius codex or Mappa Mare. If it ain't got EM or ER it ain't poo poo. Building ATK on her is a waste and 5* weapons are expensive as poo poo to get leveled. She doesn't need to be 80 to do her thing either, she's great at level 60.

Eh, depending on how much she's swirling, it's probably a good idea to level her up once your main DPS is taken care of. Base reaction damage is based on character level, and level 80 reactions are nearly twice as strong as level 60.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Ning is the true op character when 1.3 comes

give me my geo resonance buff already

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Wave posted:

I scrubbed through Jinx's testing to get to the final spreadsheet and watched a little gameplay testing for corner cases. It was nice seeing not-a-stream-clip numbers with her too. I still want to see someone do the silly thing and try to use a Ganyu/Amber melt team.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Wave posted:

(...)(and she's not going to make you suddenly enjoy playing charged shot)(...)

Counter-point - I couldn't get into charged shot gameplay (tried Amber and Diona, couldn't make it work for me in terms of enjoyment) until Ganyu.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

No Wave posted:

Ganyu doesn't seem as op as people were saying yesterday. Her charged shots are good damage but it's hard to get them to flow with the other members of your team (and she's not going to make you suddenly enjoy playing charged shot). Her Q is very good so she's still a good character but I don't think you should feel like you're behind without her.

lol idk spammable 100k aoe melts doesn't exactly seem on par with what other carries can do.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Melt isn't really all that spammable. You can build a comp around it, but some things have to line up.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jan 13, 2021

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I picked up a Skyward Pride and another Chongstellation from my rolls

Don't care about Ganyu

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Kild posted:

Pitied Dilu instead of Big Titty Goat GF :(

I got Keqing. I have a C6 Fischl, I don't need another electro. :argh:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Canopus250 posted:

So while getting some constellations for Xianling and Xingqiu I pulled a 5* at 40 something; Qiqi. I have a level 80 Jean and 70 Bennett already.

Is there anything she brings to the table besides ice? I've got the right sword and artifacts to make use of her, but is she worth the XP investment?

no

she's not a good cryo applicator and her only notable niche is bringing excessive amounts of healing, while Jean and Bennett bring enough healing plus additional utility like team buffs, cleanse, VV access etc. i suppose if there were a situation where Abyss has electro Fatui on both sides you could see some use for her but that's about it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Melt seems too awkward to setup for Ganyu. And unnecessary. In the time it takes to shuffle characters and skills to proc a melt, you could just do two or more charge shots.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Semi-carry Bennet with support Xiangling (c4) synergize well enough with Ganyu. You can have pretty consistent melts for damage windows on the more difficult content and have a character that can just snipe the poo poo out monsters in the overworld without having to worry about bursts or anything.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

TheFluff posted:

Sucrose wants sacrificial fragments, Favonius codex or Mappa Mare. If it ain't got EM or ER it ain't poo poo. Building ATK on her is a waste and 5* weapons are expensive as poo poo to get leveled. She doesn't need to be 80 to do her thing either, she's great at level 60. She doesn't do all that much damage herself - the value she provides is a lot of CC as well as making everyone else do a lot more damage via VV and her EM sharing. Skyward Atlas is good on damage dealers like Klee, Ningguang or Mona (although on Mona it's mostly a stat stick).

Keqing is a ton of fun but frankly if you have both Diluc and Ganyu you really don't need her.

Touching on Sucrose builds... how do I play her?

I have her at c6, with sac fragments (level 1), and decided yesterday to level her. I just leveled her to 60 and got her A4. No artifacts, yet. But I plan on getting some VV later.

I just pop in swirl with her e1 and then pop out? What's up with her C4 (attack 7 times and get a cool down reduction)? Does that ever come into play?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I have her at c6, with sac fragments (level 1), and decided yesterday to level her. I just leveled her to 60 and got her A4. No artifacts, yet. But I plan on getting some VV later.

I just pop in swirl with her e1 and then pop out? What's up with her C4 (attack 7 times and get a cool down reduction)? Does that ever come into play?

Carry sucrose or support sucrose? Support sucrose just needs to make sure to swirl the element of your carry and then you switch back to them for maximum damage. Carry sucrose needs to have a party with strong auras and then just use her auto attack to continue to trigger swirls. Aside from that always use her burst to back of mobs in and provide some CC

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Think the only time her C4 comes into play is if you burst with XQ and C6 Fischl then switch to sucrose and spam attack for reaction swirls. Kinda like dps Barbara.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This is the new whale guy tier list:

These tier lists no longer actually make any sense because ultra-whale speed clears don't resemble the normal game at all, so it's just for fun (also seems a bit premature given that Ganyu has been out for <24 hours). Looks like sucrose made it to the big leagues.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 13, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Do these posting whales actually MAKE money off posting crap, or are the just gatcha addicts?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think that guy streams maybe? But he's apparently a big whale so he's probably just doing it for fun. Tier lists are really just for discussion, people who hate them so much are taking them way too seriously.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Basically what the other two guys already said. Her ult is also very good though, great for grouping up enemies and keeping them crowd controlled - especially lightweight humanoid ones. Sucrose is my favorite way to deal with things like double cicin mages and double pyro agents - just pop down Oz and Guoba, maybe Xiangling ult too, and then just watch everything disappear in a huge mess of explosions and lightning. With C2, sac frags and an ER% hourglass you can get really good uptime on the ult.

Carry Sucrose (where you put 3 off field damage dealers on a team with her and just swirl everything forever) is also hilarious, and especially so against large numbers of humanoid sized enemies. I ran it on Abyss 12 second half and it worked surprisingly well. See e.g. this showcase - he's got her built way more than she really needs to be for it to work decently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYf8U-_bxfM

Sucrose herself doesn't need to do all that much damage for this kind of thing to work - the off-field damage dealers are doing the heavy lifting, while she amplifies them and keeps enemies constantly crowd controlled (don't forget that her charged attack knocks humanoid targets down).

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 13, 2021

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
How would melt team with ganyu as the dps even work? Xiangling ult then fire charged shots in melee? Sounds like a massive pain in the rear end but I can't imagine anything else being an upgrade in dps over just continuously firing shots without procs.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Do these posting whales actually MAKE money off posting crap, or are the just gatcha addicts?

Absolutely no way that turbowhales in youtube/twitch make the money back. Most of them just do it because they like pulling/are gambling addicts.

There ARE a few streamers/youtubers that can make the money back, but its not because they pull on gacha. Genshin impact is just a very small part of their stream or whatever, like Bahroo.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

AParadox posted:

How would melt team with ganyu as the dps even work? Xiangling ult then fire charged shots in melee? Sounds like a massive pain in the rear end but I can't imagine anything else being an upgrade in dps over just continuously firing shots without procs.

Yes. Spreadsheet guy is suggesting Ganyu/Venti/Xiangling/Bennett and using Xiangling ult and/or Venti pyro-infused ult for pyro applications and then just do nothing but charged shots. According to him you'd avoid both her skill and her burst because it's a DPS loss and will also mess up your melt timings. It's very finicky for sure but I can sorta see it working against single targets at least.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Make money?

I'm here watching a twitch yesterday when the Ganyu banner came out and the guy had 200k yes 200,000 primogems ready to go. Gotta get that C6 Ganyu.

Meanwhile I'm the equivalent of the commercial with the girl buying a chocolate bar with her favorite doll and toy because broke. :saddowns:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The guy whose clips were shared yesterday is 6k in credit card debt from gacha over the past three years. So - that lifestyle is always an option.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

I'm a little over level 20 now but I still don't really know what I'm doing as far as party comp goes.

So far outside of the 4 default characters I've ended up with
Barbara (x2)
Noelle (x2)
Sucrose (x3)
Xiangling (x2)
Diona
Xingqiu

idk why I keep getting so many duplicates but other than the last two that I just rolled, I've been using Traveler/Amber/Barbara/Xiangling. I'm only spending money on the $5 pass thingie so I'm not going to sit around and whale for the perfect team or anything, I just don't know enough to know what good combos I've got.

gently caress it I'm up I might as well try and help.

Don't worry too much about leveling the wrong people until you start hitting the 50s, you're going to need two teams eventually and everyone is good except arguably Amber, Lisa and Barbara, and they can still do work. Most teams want a carry (a DPS who is on the field most of the time) and a healer, and once you've got that you're free to pick supporting people. If you run a physical carry, which all of your carries are, unfortunately, you probably also want Superconduct. You make it with Cryo + Electro and it debuffs enemy physical defense by a whopping 40%.

Unfortunately this means that unless you have the stardust to buy Fischl from the store, you probably want Lisa on your team. I can't tell you much about her besides "does electro, hits things that are hard to hit, can hit crowds well if you don't mind standing around charging for a second." Also if you have enough stardust to buy Fischl then DO IT SHE'S ONE OF THE BEST CHARACTERS IN THE GAME, WORKS AS A CARRY OR A SUPPORT, MAKES SUCROSE ABLE TO CARRY, AND IS SUCH A CHUUNI THAT THE GODS SENT HER A TALKING RAVEN, EITHER IN CASE SHE'S NOT FULL OF poo poo OR BECAUSE IT'S FUNNY.

For carries you have Kaeya, Xiangling, arguably Noelle, and maybe Traveler? I don't know poo poo about Traveler except that as Anemo they can run the amazing Anemo debuff set and as Geo they make a good battery for other Geo characters. Also not a lot of first-hand experience with Kaeya or Xiangling as anything but supports, so grain of salt / anyone else feel free to add or correct me.

Kaeya, in addition to having good autos, has the fastest Cryo skill in the game. His skill hits a decent area for decent damage, and at higher levels generates a lot of energy. His ult lasts a long time, charges fast, and stays around even when you switch him out. Also, as a cryo character, he brings 1/2 of Superconduct on his own, and as a Tall Man he walks/runs faster than normal. He's also cool and good and I wish I'd kept him up to pace sooner.

Xiangling has good autos and access to a pretty broken weapon in the Crescent Pike. Her active deals decent pyro in a decent area, hits more than once for shieldbreaking/elemental reaction purposes, and sticks around a good long time when she's off screen. Her ult charges fast, does good damage in a wide area, and ALSO sticks around when she is off screen. As a pyro character, she also has 1/2 of the very good Pyro Resonance if you want to build that into your team--two pyro characters gives you a 25% attack boost, which is not the same thing as a 25% damage boost but is still pretty good. Obviously, everything I just said but the crescent pike makes her a really good support too, so there is zero way for her to be a waste of resources and I wish I'd built her sooner.

I wrote a pretty big post on Noelle before, but the short version is that she can do a lot of different things, albeit she's not a great carry without a battery setup--I hear Noelle + Geo Traveler works, but my Traveler is perma-Anemo so I can have the Anemo speed/stamina bonus on my gathering team. Her normal attacks are pretty strong, and they do great stagger because it's a big loving sword. Her ult turbocharges them, making her sword glowing and enormous and glorious and adds a bunch of geo damage, much of which is based on her defense stat. Between that and her shield that also lets her heal, she can be basically invincible and facetank through attacks without dodging. I have done this to Stormterror before. Unfortunately, her ult charges super slow, her shield has good uptime but is bad at doing geo damage, she is bad at generating energy, and geo's one reaction, crystalize, does nothing offensively besides helping with the aforementioned facetanking. Especially because shields don't stack. Still, I used her as my main carry until I hit endgame, and did not regret it.

For healers, you have Barbara, Noelle, and Diona. I talked about Noelle already, but as a healer you want to focus more on her defense--it affects her healing rate and lets her tank better.

I don't have much experience with Barbara, but she's got a rare and useful element in hydro, and she can sure as gently caress heal. All of the hydro elemental reactions are good--electrocharge does decent dots that jump from enemy to enemy, vaporize multiplies pyro damage by 1.5, and frozen . . . freezes people. Which also enables geo and claymore attacks to shatter for bonus damage. Her ult does a big heal, her active does healing over time, her active can heal outside of battle--healing is what she does. Unfortunately, as I'm sure you've noticed, her active gets you wet which leaves you vulnerable to some of the worst elemental reactions, and she hits like she dipped her hands in the sink and is just flinging water. You also have Xingqui who is better at the hydro thing in every way, but he doesn't heal. Barbara is also cheap to build, because her best weapon is the 3 star Thrilling Tales Of Dragon Slayers, and her main stat is HP, which most other characters don't care too much about.

Diona is a jack of all trades like Noelle. She makes decent shields, she puts out a lot of ice, she's an archer, and she makes an ice field with her ult that does decent healing. I should remind you that Cryo is 1/2 of Superconduct, so with your current carry options you probably want her or Kaeya around--or both, Cryo resonance gives her and Kaeya a nice crit boost. Like Barbara, she's mostly easy to build because she wants HP, but her best weapon by far is the 4* Sacrificial Bow from the gacha, so that can be a stumbling block. Her ult charges kind of slow and is the only way she heals, so whatever you give her, you need to make sure her energy recharge is on point. I might sound a bit critical of her here, but she's good and is always on one of my Abyss teams.

Once you've got those two roles covered, and probably have Lisa in a slot, that leaves you one or two slots for supports. Here, you're looking for things that stay on the field when the character gets off (Kaeya, Xiangling, Xinqui, Amber, technically Barbara but Xinqui does her version of this way loving better), or some serious burst DPS (Sucrose. Put an element on someone, use her special twice, probably three times if you have Sacrificial Fragment, or her ult, and do loving hilarious damage, especially to large groups, while pulling everything together.) Oh, or a battery for someone you have whose ult you're relying on--picking up a particle from the same element as your character charges faster.

Other people can add if I missed anything, but this should have you covered for physical teams. Also non-physical teams except you don't need superconduct for those. To summarize, you want a carry and a healer, and for physical teams you want a cryo and an electro. Once you have that, everything else is flexible.

Someone can correct me if I missed anything. I think I'm gonna watch a youtube video and then try to go back to sleep.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

No Wave posted:

I think that guy streams maybe? But he's apparently a big whale so he's probably just doing it for fun. Tier lists are really just for discussion, people who hate them so much are taking them way too seriously.

Need fashion tier list.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

No Wave posted:

The guy whose clips were shared yesterday is 6k in credit card debt from gacha over the past three years. So - that lifestyle is always an option.

This reminds me of the guy who got both of his credit cards frozen on stream for whaling so much, and after he finished pulling he had to ask his roommate to order food for him.

Anyways, turns out I have a sacrificial fragments lying around that I didn't remember. That's nice for Sucrose, but I'm still annoyed that I have nobody to use this 5* catalyst I've had lying around for months.

That said, how is Ganyu shaking out? I still don't know if the Skyward Harp should go to her or Fischl. I also have a sacrificial bow and a favonius warbow in reserve.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Harp should go on whichever one you're more likely to do normal attacks with. I use Sac Bow on Fischl and really enjoy it but it's in a different universe from Harp.

You don't own a Ninguang?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I skipped both the Klee and Childe banners to make sure I'd get ZL from pity

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im taking her and amos to 80 today but so far with badly optimized stats shes critting for like 16-20k on non melts. 40k after leveling and getting more talents should be easy. Considering that my klee, which is far better geared hits for like 25k on vaporized charge crits I think she's pretty good.

My klee still outdamages her right now when all is said and done because of how XQ and her burst works but I can see her hitting way harder when fully optimized and I actually bother to take xiangling and bennet up.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

With Amos Bow she's a total beast, I would be surprised if Amos Ganyu wasn't recognized as the number one dps in a week or two.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

No Wave posted:

With Amos Bow she's a total beast, I would be surprised if Amos Ganyu wasn't recognized as the number one dps in a week or two.

The new CN tier list already has her up there with Diluc and Klee at C0 as main dps and burst support. She has a higher damage ceiling than both with Amos.

Columns
1st: hard carry
2nd: reaction dps/burst dps
3rd: pure support (healing, shield generation, attack buff, cleanse, crowd control)

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 13, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
heh, about the latest story quest I'd feel bad for the fatui if they hadn't tried to destroy a city by awakening a hostile God . Then again, Childe leads my party, because.....

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I still dont get how that tier list works. Like they have Tartaglia as a T1 damage on C6 but in reality he doesn't need to have constellations to do most of his damage and C6 fischl makes a whole lot more impact on that than his own constellations. What does the 2nd column even represent, I was thinking aura field but how is klee there if thats the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yes the list makes less and less sense. I guess left is on-field sustained damage, middle is off-field/fast burst damage, right is healing/utility. The left column makes increasingly less sense as a concept the farther you progress in the game and is entirely outdated for the few whales out there speed clearing abyss.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 13, 2021