Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Brute Squad posted:

and when the nato peacekeeping forces land in the US what then. Some kind of combination pizza hut and taco bell???

kfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

One colonel to rule them all.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Defenestrategy posted:

After all the security nonsense, if I was a Dem member of the house of reps, I'd be REALLY antsy if a few of my republican colleagues decided to raise a fuss about being searched, or setting off a metal detector.

Whats the opposite of the kid who gets bullied on every day and tells you not to come in to school tomorrow, because you're alright, and everyone afterwords is like "I dunno why he would do this, he was such a quiet kid".

Like, you know a dude is gonna do something really stupid, and it's really obvious they're gonna do something really stupid and get someone else hurt and killed, but no one is gonna do anything to stop it, even though they know they'll do something really stupid.

edit: You know the Qanon lady is one trans black supreme court justice being seated away from pipe bombing congress.

This is a bullshit narrative just as an fyi

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, never forget, these people haven't learned their lesson AT ALL. They want a fascist they can *control*, or at least one that doesn't make things awkward for them at fundraisers or DC parties. They are 100% "party before country."

They embraced Trump because they thought he'd be a distraction that'd allow them to push their agenda forward quietly in the background. A literal broke-dicked Reagan they thought would do what they wanted so long as he got the attention he craved.

The only lesson they've learned is that their next fascist needs to be twice as ruthless but have that "aw shucks" quality that cons white and old people into a sense of complacency while he wreaks death and destruction at home and abroad. Again, like Reagan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR3RqMMIwD4

You want neocons, I give you the FBI DNC.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Wasabi the J posted:

You want neocons, I give you the FBI DNC.

The DNC decided it needed to become Diet Republican after Carter lost huge to Reagan. They learned entirely the wrong lesson from that defeat (which wasn't entirely down to the hostage crisis); that they needed to be more like Republicans rather than stand on the strength of their ideals and convictions because their most wholesome self-made candidate since Truman lost to a Conservative sock puppet with a "gee whilickers golly gosh" Hollywood-grade bullshit delivery system.

The DNC has been trying to clone/replicate JFK for 50 years when they should've been trying to find the next Jimmy Carter and make it loving *work* this time.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Icon Of Sin posted:

To quote someone in discord: he’s evil, not stupid.

If he thinks this is the best way to salvage something from the current happenings, that’s exactly what he will (precious statements be damned).

I'm picturing him sitting in his office looking like Palpatine "Well, I've gotten everything I need from Trump... now I destroy him."

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/jazmineulloa/status/1349220557951283200?s=21

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
A massive jump to conclusions: a/some capitol police tried to get an outspoken dem lawmaker killed because their feefees were hurt that the democrats may someday consider possibly debating reform that doesn't allow cops to wantonly kill Black people without consequence?

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The DNC decided it needed to become Diet Republican after Carter lost huge to Reagan. They learned entirely the wrong lesson from that defeat (which wasn't entirely down to the hostage crisis); that they needed to be more like Republicans rather than stand on the strength of their ideals and convictions because their most wholesome self-made candidate since Truman lost to a Conservative sock puppet with a "gee whilickers golly gosh" Hollywood-grade bullshit delivery system.

The DNC has been trying to clone/replicate JFK for 50 years when they should've been trying to find the next Jimmy Carter and make it loving *work* this time.

Obama was arguably the 'Jimmy with the bugs worked out' than a JFK - a young, popular technocratic politician who (notably and in contrast to Carter) was able to cooperate with the Party Establishment to get some major policy objectives passed into law, and like Carter later fell back to foreign policy wins when his domestic agenda ended up getting derailed (by the other party rather than his own this time).

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/reedreports/status/1349326874573463555?s=21

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

They aren’t cuddling their firearms they’re making sure they don’t go missing because the Capitol could literally be under attack and if one of those dipshits can’t find their rifle every lower enlisted fucko has to help look for it.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/politics/2021/01/12/mikie-sherrill-pro-trump-rioters-got-tour-congress-members/6648386002/

Uhhhhhh - There has to be visitor logs right?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

boop the snoot posted:

They aren’t cuddling their firearms they’re making sure they don’t go missing because the Capitol could literally be under attack and if one of those dipshits can’t find their rifle every lower enlisted fucko has to help look for it.

Is the E4 mafia a thing in the Guard?

If so, I can assume everyone bring woken up to search for PV2 Dipshit's missing weapon ending poorly for them...

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

boop the snoot posted:

I would like to use this opportunity to remind folks that 3/6 marines still ain't found those missing rifles :pressf:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Sorry, cuddling just seems like a very specific and deliberate word choice and it really irked me.

Imagine finding out in 2021 that the capitol building in a post-9/11 world was as accessible as the local shopping mall.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
I really hope there is some sort of screening done on that group of guys. The statistical liklihood of one of being a loon is not zero.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What a colossal dumbass. I mean lovely Glock wrap aside...bringing a goddamn Tavor into DC and all that ammo, when DC has lost its poo poo over shell casings.

https://twitter.com/macfarlanenews/status/1349354938850279425?s=21

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lol why targets? Such a silly thing to bring with you.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm the IWI users manual.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Lol why targets? Such a silly thing to bring with you.

Idiot probably just grabbed his range bag, perhaps

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Looks like the MGS2 tanker when Snake has unlimited tranq rounds.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you have a pistol wrapped in the American flag you are a chud and I won’t hear otherwise.

What a dork.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MazelTovCocktail posted:

What a colossal dumbass. I mean lovely Glock wrap aside...bringing a goddamn Tavor into DC and all that ammo, when DC has lost its poo poo over shell casings.

https://twitter.com/macfarlanenews/status/1349354938850279425?s=21

lol his family called the 5-0 in his new hood when he moved and warned them to keep an eye on the psycho

"Hiawassee Police Chief Paul Smith said Meredith was known to them because when he moved there from Atlanta, Meredith’s own family alerted the department because they were concerned about his behavior and ties to QAnon."

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/local/cleveland-meredith-banned-from-lovett-school-in-atlanta/85-b86fc206-6405-4176-a0c0-9804589d098c

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boop the snoot posted:

If you have a pistol wrapped in the American flag you are a chud and I won’t hear otherwise.

What a dork.

:hmmyes:

Seriously it’s tacky as fuuucccckkkk and I’m a huge history dork, and that still is painful cringe.

Best wraps are comedy options and even I would never do that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I would pay half price for a flag pistol. I would then buy a can of Krylon.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/NavalInstitute/status/1349363098734522375?s=20

Good overview and breakdown of the retiree recall for court martial by a retired Navy JAG

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Sacrist65 posted:

I really hope there is some sort of screening done on that group of guys. The statistical liklihood of one of being a loon is not zero.

So I think what's going on is that nobody knows a drat thing about who was on the inside helping, if anyone, and Donnie was pretty successful at threatening firing of anyone even potentially looking at "his people" through these four years. So, the only real option to make safety is to absolutely flood the loving zone.

https://twitter.com/Grace_Segers/status/1349349767550279680?s=19

They don't know how serious the poo poo could be, so flood the zone. They don't know how many nazis/insurrectionists they have, so flood the zone. They don't know which targets are the actual target, so flood the zone.

The idea is that you KNOW you will have loons. The counter is that they're surrounded by enough good people that the loons either won't act or can be neutralized quick.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

do crimes with firearms that have identifying paint schemes

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Did it also have "shall not be infringed" written on it? Or my fqvorite, " commas in the contitution can mean or"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PookBear posted:

do crimes with firearms that have identifying paint schemes
:lol:
You know this dumbass probably has tons of posts about opsec somewhere.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/PMatzko/status/1349366763339849730

If this poo poo proves to be true, those involved need not only to be thrown out of congress, but rot in some cell forever.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

MazelTovCocktail posted:

:hmmyes:

Seriously it’s tacky as fuuucccckkkk and I’m a huge history dork, and that still is painful cringe.

Best wraps are comedy options and even I would never do that.

It looks way too clean. :10bux: says he's never actually fired the thing because if he had to try and clean it he might gently caress up the wrap and THESE COLORS DON'T RUN, BABY. :patriot:

I also love the whole "bringing loose ammo to a probable gunfight you intend to start" logic. I mean, thankful he's an idiot lunatic chud, but still... :cripes:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It looks way too clean. :10bux: says he's never actually fired the thing because if he had to try and clean it he might gently caress up the wrap and THESE COLORS DON'T RUN, BABY. :patriot:

I also love the whole "bringing loose ammo to a probable gunfight you intend to start" logic. I mean, thankful he's an idiot lunatic chud, but still... :cripes:

I think that’s a very good bet. So much of this screams it.

I also like bringing the manual along.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Baked Alaska is hosed, by the way.

https://twitter.com/benyt/status/1349341145889964034?s=19

Probably don't want to livestream crimes when you're on release pending trial on an assault.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I'm hoping they round up my state rep who hasn't said poo poo since his "I was there it was Antifa" tweets blew up.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If they livestream their crimes they might get a retweet from dear leader

It’s hilarious to me that this entire insurrection is, at the end of the day, about internet clout for most of the idiots.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smugworth posted:

Nice loafers bud
:byewhore:

:laffo:

Guns are cool...most gun owners on the other hand.

Also in good get hosed news.

https://twitter.com/adamgoldmannyt/status/1349371140834254848?s=21

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jan 13, 2021

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
That guy has big "gonna accidentally dome somebody carrying my gun around" energy

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Discussion Quorum posted:

That guy has big "gonna accidentally dome somebody carrying my gun around" energy

Not something anyone has to worry about, he domed himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1349371135973072902?s=20