Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Icon Of Sin posted:

Not something anyone has to worry about, he domed himself.

I thought the pic was of lectern guy, who is alive and being defended by "Look, I'm Not a Magician", Esq.

e: and who will probably be a prohibited possessor forevermore so I guess the result is the same :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

That Works posted:

I'm hoping they round up my state rep who hasn't said poo poo since his "I was there it was Antifa" tweets blew up.

The best response I've heard to the "IT WAS AUNT TIFA" poo poo is "if it was Antifa it would've been better organized, executed, and they'd have brought supplies."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The best response I've heard to the "IT WAS AUNT TIFA" poo poo is "if it was Antifa it would've been better organized, executed, and they'd have brought supplies."

And know how to actually deal with riot cops. Its hilarious how bad the militia guys are at actually dealing with cop tactics.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

ded posted:

i wish!

no one runs against her, dem or republican

She had a challenger in 2018 but the libs voted for her because "this isnt the time for an unknown person" and "she knows how to get things done" then after the ACB shir went ,"well yeah of course she did that they're all friends there". California neolibs don't want change unless they benefit and that's a block of 6 figure earners so you get poo poo like people voting yes on 22 because the law says theyre contractors and we can't just change that because that's the legal definition (???)

All quotes and paraphrasing things my lawyer sister said

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1349382084683563008?s=19

Twitter dipshits are just posting poo poo that they don't know or care about the source of. Be wary of well-intentioned randos.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I love that CNN had to publish an entire article that boils down to "lol no the first amendment doesn't apply to social media sites"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

or at least worn masks. they're famous for it!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1349348254694170626?s=20

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1349358687735980032?s=20

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe
A few pages back but,

Don Dongington posted:

Is the E4 mafia a thing in the Guard?

If so, I can assume everyone bring woken up to search for PV2 Dipshit's missing weapon ending poorly for them...

E4 mafia is a thing in the Guard, probably a slightly different brand/level of mafia, but yeah.

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/Grace_Segers/status/1349349767550279680?s=19

They don't know how serious the poo poo could be, so flood the zone. They don't know how many nazis/insurrectionists they have, so flood the zone. They don't know which targets are the actual target, so flood the zone.

The idea is that you KNOW you will have loons. The counter is that they're surrounded by enough good people that the loons either won't act or can be neutralized quick.

I know there are a few in my unit that I would be cautious with. The number of people who probably wanted to participate in something like this but are slightly too smart too is probably not 0.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1349382084683563008?s=19

Twitter dipshits are just posting poo poo that they don't know or care about the source of. Be wary of well-intentioned randos.

Thanks!

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston

Bearded guy with the gas mask is gaining som interest in Sweden, as there are other pictures of him where he wore a scarf from a small northern municipality, apparently given as a christmas present to only about 1,000 people.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is a beautiful picture.

https://twitter.com/escochrane/status/1349371666481217544?s=21

Also is this one of the few times in the past few decades one can say “our troops” are defending American freedom and America without any irony or total lack of self awareness?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Also is this one of the few times in the past few decades one can say “our troops” are defending American freedom and America without any irony or total lack of self awareness?

Fuckin' hell I hadn't even considered this.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
In 2004, i remember seeing the number of US servicemembers KIA each day reported on the evening news and now the TOTAL amount of US KIA in OIF has been surpassed in a SINGLE day by COVID and its the third? most important story.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

ourcrimes.mp4

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

"Is you livestreaming a criminal loving conspiracy?"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Fuckin' hell I hadn't even considered this.

Yeah, they’re defending America and Democracy, even though America still hasn’t treated them as equals. It’s a symbol of how much potential this country has, how good it can be, but also how much further we still have to go. It reminds me of Jewish vets from WWII and other conflicts who answered the call, got treated like dog poo poo, and still didn’t let that stop them.

Like I kind of want to cry looking at that picture, both tears of sadness and happiness.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1349394676994994177?s=19

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1349392887541280768?s=19

Pretty clear now that the Intel folks watching the hard-right sites, being freezed out for months/years, are now like I loving TOLD YOU and their bosses are like "uh, how big could this thing be?"

And the answer is they don't know.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

This is a beautiful picture.

https://twitter.com/escochrane/status/1349371666481217544?s=21

uh

i for one do not think the capitol is America or freedom, and am not heartened to see it garrisoned

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MazelTovCocktail posted:

this is a real mindfuck of a post.

i agree with you and think these natty guards are doing more for the country than I did

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

i agree with you and think these natty guards are doing more for the country than I did

if only right wing people enlist, how are we going to change the military from the inside and stop doing forever wars

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1349396857760444418?s=19

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Soylent Pudding posted:

"Is you livestreaming a criminal loving conspiracy?"

https://i.imgur.com/6rGo13D.mp4

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doc Hawkins posted:

uh

i for one do not think the capitol is America or freedom, and am not heartened to see it garrisoned

Freedom to conduct democratic government and the defense of the rule of law.

I won’t disagree with you about seeing it garrisoned.

boop the snoot posted:

I don’t mean to disparage anyone’s service here (and I know you or no one else thinks), it’s just so weird to see a situation where...yes it actually fits what people often say about American military operations and it actually stands up to a critical look.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Want to know how close the numbers are looking for a Senate conviction?

https://twitter.com/elwasson/status/1349397484402077701?s=19

That close. Also seeing talk that the trial might start Friday, but decision not made yet.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Doc Hawkins posted:

uh

This is all I've been thinking since I saw that picture.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

PookBear posted:

if only right wing people enlist, how are we going to change the military from the inside and stop doing forever wars
If you want to change the military from the inside, you're going to want a commission. I'm staring down SLC, and should I get pinned a senior NCO I'll effectively be a part of the establishment (and possibly part of the problem)

If you want to stop doing forever wars, the answer won't be found anywhere in the military itself.

I was an AIT instructor for three years before my recent PCS, and my impression was that recruits come from all over and they're largely zoomers. I was just one of dozens of instructors in my own MOS, and perhaps it was luck of the draw, but I only had one cluster of MAGA dipshit trolls out of the dozens I got to know.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Pretty sure I asked this last year, if he's acquitted in the senate, can they still vote to bar him from holding office in the future?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

As Nero Danced posted:

Pretty sure I asked this last year, if he's acquitted in the senate, can they still vote to bar him from holding office in the future?

I think conviction is a required perquisite. Now under 14/3, I think that’s just a simple majority.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1349392887541280768?s=19

Pretty clear now that the Intel folks watching the hard-right sites, being freezed out for months/years, are now like I loving TOLD YOU and their bosses are like "uh, how big could this thing be?"

And the answer is they don't know.

Jesus loving christ. CANCEL THE loving GRAND SPECTACLE CEREMONY AND DO IT TELEVISED.

Biden wants his loving JFK moment, and it's going to be a loving GIFT to the militia and QAnon fuckers to see "DIAMOND JOE" giving a speech about ~freedom and liberty~ while flanked by 20,000 loving troops and cops in full riot gear. It'll be like a scene straight out of "Escape from New York."

I can hear the jeer now: "Biden had to call in the National Guard because no one wanted to hear his speech!"

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 13, 2021

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He even has the covid excuse, stream it from your living room or something. I guess this is some "we don't give into terrorists, we just bring 10000 military members some of whom may be sympathetic to those terrorists" poo poo

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Jesus loving christ. CANCEL THE loving GRAND SPECTACLE CEREMONY AND DO IT TELEVISED.

Biden wants his loving JFK moment, and it's going to be a loving GIFT to the militia and QAnon fuckers to see "DIAMOND JOE" giving a speech about freedom and liberty while flanked by 20,000 loving troops and cops in full riot gear. It'll be like a scene straight out of "Escape from New York."

Yeah agreed. Pick a secure building in DC and have John Roberts meet Biden there, followed by any needed speeches.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Bell_ posted:

If you want to change the military from the inside, you're going to want a commission. I'm staring down SLC, and should I get pinned a senior NCO I'll effectively be a part of the establishment (and possibly part of the problem)

If you want to stop doing forever wars, the answer won't be found anywhere in the military itself.

I was an AIT instructor for three years before my recent PCS, and my impression was that recruits come from all over and they're largely zoomers. I was just one of dozens of instructors in my own MOS, and perhaps it was luck of the draw, but I only had one cluster of MAGA dipshit trolls out of the dozens I got to know.

Similar instance at USMA. I teach a core class that is mandatory for every Cadet, and have seen honest, decent discussion. Most of the issue come from cadre/ other instructors who are older millennials and Gen X.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah agreed. Pick a secure building in DC and have John Roberts meet Biden there, followed by any needed speeches.

Frankly I always hated the inauguration spectacle anyways. It's too much like like a coronation ceremony.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Biden wants his loving JFK moment, and it's going to be a loving GIFT to the militia and QAnon fuckers to see "DIAMOND JOE" giving a speech about ~freedom and liberty~ while flanked by 20,000 loving troops and cops in full riot gear. It'll be like a scene straight out of "Escape from New York."

I can hear the jeer now: "Biden had to call in the National Guard because no one wanted to hear his speech!"

Now all I want is John Carpenter provide music for the inauguration.

I think that if he does it in a secure building it’s will be viewed as even worse then Bush’s first 9/11 speech at Offut. Hidin Biden. They’ll give him poo poo regardless of what he does.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

It's terrible loving optics to give a HOPE AND CHANGE knockoff speech steps away from a spot where two weeks prior PEOPLE DIED.

Here's the best speech Biden could give: "You know, my speechwriters wrote a lot of pretty words I was meant to say up here, but given what's happened, they seem kind of trite now. Nothing I can say here today will magically heal the division that has marred this country. So, let's have a moment of silence for the Americans, yes, even those who attempted to prevent my inauguration, who lost their lives and shed their blood on these hallowed grounds. *waits* Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get to work, as I'm already late for my first day. Thank you for putting your faith and trust in me. God bless you, and God bless *all* of America."

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
guard af

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1349406937541185536?s=19

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's terrible loving optics to give a HOPE AND CHANGE knockoff speech steps away from a spot where two weeks prior PEOPLE DIED.

Yeah pretty sure it's not going to be very hopey and changey, more CUT THE MALARKEY I'VE GOT LIVES TO SAVE kinda thing.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Jim Jordan's defense of Trump: whining about cancel culture. Must be a day that ends in Y.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

:unsmith:

Really reminds me of how I naively thought I would actually meet or learn anything about afghanistan before I deployed.

Some of these kids haven't even seen the Capitol and the first time they get to visit is because of a loving coup.

Shameful rear end country.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nick Soapdish posted:

Idiot probably just grabbed his range bag, perhaps

Or they were going to be taped to senators before firing