Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Iino is growing stronger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ah yes, jealous Kaguya that's the stuff that sustains my soul :unsmigghh:

Iino is a scary person.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Love the Prez/Iino relationship

Fujiwara & Kaguya getting jelly was delicious

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 6, 2021

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Ah yes, jealous Kaguya that's the stuff that sustains my soul :unsmigghh:

Iino is a scary person.

To be fair, so is Kaguya.

Also Chika.

Even the President has his moments.

Ishigami being less scared of Kaguya these days makes sense. His fear glands probably burned out from overuse.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is Fujiwara literally the only one of the main/important secondary cast who still doesn't know Kaguya x Prez being a thing?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The President is exceptionally powerful and I glad Iino has him on her side.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Kaguya still being capable of insane jealousy is so good

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh my god, she's still terrifying. What a relief!

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
This one was so great. The fakeout with the chicken careening straight back to the theme. Kaguya entering yandere mode at the prospect of a second Fujiwara.

And Iino getting better even though she's still a weapons-grade dork.

Since it was a light chapter, I guess we can expect heavy stuff coming up next, though!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hey, I read this in like a week and that was entirely because I was watching AGDQ at the time, otherwise I probably would've gotten it all done in three days.

What a great series. I'm genuinely surprised at how it plays with romcom expectations, especially in manga, and also how well-developed every character, even ones that I expected to just exist in the background, is. And of course, the fact that the story is willing to change its status quo instead of just doing the same joke forever.

Can't wait for more.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:siren: New Chapter (214) is out! :siren:

Summary: Kaguya hates cats. Kaguya loves cats.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 20, 2021

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This feels like speedscans, which are for cowards

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

:colbert:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Namtab posted:

This feels like speedscans, which are for cowards

Cowards....like cats!!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The update is now here for the brave people who ignore speedscans

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Cats are actually like cuckoos: they infiltrate human households by pretending to be babies so people will feed and protect them.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Clarste posted:

Cats are actually like cuckoos: they infiltrate human households by pretending to be babies so people will feed and protect them.

Even the Nobel prize winning first president was unable to resist the cuteness of a cat she was planning to eat.

A mere human like Kaguya never had a chance.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Isn't Aka's cat also named Goma something?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Hidden beneath Kaguya being cute and the cat being cute and Kaguya and the cat being cute together we have Fujiwara continuing to be a horrible person :allears:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I like that the reason that Kaguya hates cats is because they attacked Hayasaka when she was little

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

MJP posted:

Isn't Aka's cat also named Goma something?

what's goma?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Hidden beneath Kaguya being cute and the cat being cute and Kaguya and the cat being cute together we have Fujiwara continuing to be a horrible person :allears:

I mean, that's no surprise. We get that in every Fujiwara chapter.

(Also, to be fair, what we've seen of her sisters suggests that she's right about them being even worse than her.)

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, I'd say that Fujiwara's underlying character must have been pretty strong stuff to only end up the way she is right now.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
So it really is true: pets and their owners tend to resemble one another.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Futaba Anzu posted:

what's goma?

not much, what's goma with you?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Fujiwara house is weird, just look at what happened at Christmas

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the elder fujiwara is harmless, at least

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the elder fujiwara is harmless, at least

The Fujiwara family seems to basically be one of those cases of a landmine hidden deep in the DNA. Her parents are only scumbags in the usual ways for diplomats and politicians. Same with her grandparents. But the genes collided just right so as to make Chika and her sisters.

It's kinda like how Grisha Yeager's parents weren't anything special, but then he and his kids are the leading cause of psychological trauma in multiple countries. You can't know when these bombs go off. Just that someday, somewhere, they will.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Futaba Anzu posted:

what's goma?

goma deez nutz

(Japanese for Sesame, which is his cat's name)

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

New Chapter Speedscans are up.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Such men of culture. Also I love the Grandblue Dreaming level of homicide stares they give to Tsubasa.

Edit: I really do like the fact that Miyuki and Mikado are actually hitting it off as well as they are and bonding.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 28, 2021

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
This is an unprecedented level of character development.

On the other hand, it's really hard to tell Mikado and Tsubasa apart when they aren't in color.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Mikado and Miyuki are kindred spirits. If this was another manga I'd be rooting for them to get together.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Rand Brittain posted:

This is an unprecedented level of character development.

On the other hand, it's really hard to tell Mikado and Tsubasa apart when they aren't in color.

Try not to think too hard about why Kawashima made over her boyfriend to look just like her best friend's twin.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Not sure how many of you are following the 4koma spinoff (you should, it's absolutely great) but after much anticipation it has finally reached The Promised Land

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Jeez, it's like nobody here reads the title of the thread :colbert:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Here's the update for those of us who weren't cowardly

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Pretty cruel of Prez to say that he's never touched a girl's chest. I mean, Kaguya's not Fujiwara, but I think she still counts.

Also, Boyfucker Mikaido just basically said he prefers Aqua to Darkness. No wonder Shirogane was so appalled.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

MikeSevigny posted:

Try not to think too hard about why Kawashima made over her boyfriend to look just like her best friend's twin.

Holy poo poo. :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

MikeSevigny posted:

This is the ship I'm rooting for now that Ishibame is sunk.

Also, I love that Tsubasa is all like "I always felt like there was distance between us, we're closer now" and all I'm thinking of is that Shirogane didn't bother to find out his name for like 100 chapters