Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Platystemon posted:

A mob stormed the United States Capitol during a joint session of Congress.

Oh, it's just something generally serious, I thought there was something specific to videogames or gamers that I'd missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

Oh, it's just something generally serious, I thought there was something specific to videogames or gamers that I'd missed.

Not right now Gamestop, people are dying in EVE Online

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we need to study the verified account brain disease

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

And it's gone! But here's a copy: https://news.yahoo.com/pizza-inn-takes-bold-stand-195600001.html

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/lizrhoffman/status/1347292300595109890

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Blue Moonlight posted:

Sir, this is a Pizza Inn.

That seriously made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

Why would a company even get involved in politics? Now I know where not to go if I ever see a Pizza Inn.

I don't care if the family owned cafe that I go to are huge right wingers. Frankly, I assume they are. I like their food so I go there and politics doesn't come up. Who would want to mix politics with a pizza?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

mostlygray posted:

Why would a company even get involved in politics? Now I know where not to go if I ever see a Pizza Inn.

I don't care if the family owned cafe that I go to are huge right wingers. Frankly, I assume they are. I like their food so I go there and politics doesn't come up. Who would want to mix politics with a pizza?

It's because the owners have brainworms and nobody sane has enough power to tell them to shut up without getting fired

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If Biden wins the presidency, fair taxing will cost us a small amount of profit! Therefore the obvious thing to do is alienate more than 50% of our potential customers.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

mostlygray posted:

In her declining years my aunt, a small business owner, really got taken in by right wing conspiracy nutjobs on facebook, like really bought in hardcore. Her business was struggling to begin with and then she started displaying BLUE LIVES MATTER and more inflammatory signs in her shop windows, in a really left-leaning town. She spent her final years on this earth increasingly alienated from real people including loved ones. This was a woman who in her youth was a hippie and at some point in the mid-00's was learning Spanish in order to be able to speak with the diverse population in her hometown better. Watching her get sucked into the trump vortex and all the associated insanity was really heartbreaking and disturbing. RPATDO is really not far off with the "brainworms" description. It's like nutjob religious people who are so convinced they've figured everything out that they genuinely no longer grasp why everyone wouldn't want to hear about Jesus/Trump all the time.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My aunt is an ex-hippy. She married a Vietnam Vet. I haven't seen it, but I absolutely believe they own the goddamn loving maga hat. They've got loving brain worms.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, Civil War 2: Civiler Warer is gonna ruin a lot of Thanksgivings next year.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I don’t even get why small business owners think trump is saving them on taxes, that motherfucker’s tax plan cost me a ton of money because of the changes to deductions.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I don’t even get why small business owners think trump is saving them on taxes, that motherfucker’s tax plan cost me a ton of money because of the changes to deductions.

People have had ‘Republicans good for business’ so drilled into their heads that they have no understanding of the actual effects of tax policy.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, that guy made small business and self employed taxes a goddamn nightmare. America really really really doesn't want you to run your own business

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The predatory republican tax plan is the only reason my company instituted a bonus system

In like two more years I get my one time 5 year bonus of $100

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
After all's said and done between fees, state taxes, and the new tax plan I only get 65% of all my gig income which is very comforting when a Republican tries to talk down to me that they give a poo poo and how I can't buy health insurance for less than $200 a month because I have the balls to pay my own taxes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/jsidman/status/1347191635671740418

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The whitest food for the whitest people.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Yum yum Nazi Nuggets

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
Oh man can't wait to get my hands on the Mayonnaise and Racism Cookbook

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
What a tasteless thing to publish.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain Monkey posted:

What a tasteless thing to publish.

Tasteless in so many ways, too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, it's really leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
It's probably just a Paula Deen book with a sticker over the original title.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

*butter and salt markets immediately burst through the roof*

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, it's really leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

There's not gonna be enough spices to leave any taste in your mouth. Just a whole cookbook of completely plain potatoes, brought to you by people who think ground pepper is too spicy.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

quote:

chumps, rednecks, Bible-thumpers, Nazis, Uncle Tom, intolerant and bitter clingers.

Love marketing pitches that call for exactly one token black customer.

hyperhazard has a new favorite as of 07:21 on Jan 11, 2021

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Also this would be bad timing even if there hadn't been a loving coup attempt.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
The only recipe in that book should be "poo poo", since that's what they should eat.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Putting the coup back in cooking

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hosed up, outback

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Edit: Wrong thread, see my dumb mistake quoted below for all eternity.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 22:49 on Jan 13, 2021

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

The Bloop posted:

hosed up, outback

Where’s the lie?

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

Stuff to finally get some ethernet wired up in my house:

Patch panel

Wall plates

Cat6 jacks

Low voltage single-gang boxes

Things I already own/can get from work:
Switch
Plenty of cat6 cable
Punchdown tool
Crimper
Cat6 cable connectors

(Though in theory I shouldn't need the last two unless I can't find short enough cables at work to run from the switch to the patch panel and need to custom make some 6-12" ones)

So I think you got the wrong thread, but which thread did you mean to post this in because I'm looking to wire up my place too.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

DrBouvenstein posted:

Stuff to finally get some ethernet wired up in my house:

Patch panel

Wall plates

Cat6 jacks

Low voltage single-gang boxes

Things I already own/can get from work:
Switch
Plenty of cat6 cable
Punchdown tool
Crimper
Cat6 cable connectors

(Though in theory I shouldn't need the last two unless I can't find short enough cables at work to run from the switch to the patch panel and need to custom make some 6-12" ones)
This is the worst viral marketing attempt I have ever seen

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Haha, whoops! The peril of multiple tabs open at once.

Soysaucebeast posted:

So I think you got the wrong thread, but which thread did you mean to post this in because I'm looking to wire up my place too.

The PYF Recent Purchases thread.

If you need advice on what you need/how to wire up home ethernet, check the Home networking thread in SH/SC.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mlnhd posted:

Where’s the lie?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm gonna start a food ordering app service that requires mushrooms on everything.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

I'm gonna start a food ordering app service that requires mushrooms on everything.

You have my axe fork!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I may regret asking this, but what is Outback's Alice Springs Chicken? because no such dish actually exists in Australia.