Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
it's cute actually

edit: wasn't expecting to start a new page but i stand by this statement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Davincie posted:

heterochromia is always ugly

We found Ohta's bully. Let's get him!!!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

esselfortium posted:

it's cute actually

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Davincie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzBOw1-XXtw

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Davincie posted:

:toughguy:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Tamba posted:

Answer: yes

thank you

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Davincie posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Imagine not wanting a driver's license that lists your eye color as "DIE"

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

he's right tho

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Imagine declaring inconsequential physical features that occur naturally in real actual human beings "always ugly" because it doesn't fit your ideal standards for cartoon character design

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the red-green heterchromia isn't good any of the times i saw it in anime

i like the Egg girl though

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Suiseiseki is cool and my friend. Desu.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waci posted:

Imagine declaring inconsequential physical features that occur naturally in real actual human beings "always ugly" because it doesn't fit your ideal standards for cartoon character design

i mean ugliness also occurs naturally

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
big fan of the date a live girl, houshou marine, and kaede idolmaster. and the haganai sister

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Strange Quark posted:

Turn on your monitor

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Only registered members can see post attachments!

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

ah yes. "nature's 3d glasses"

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wonder egg priority could be cool

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

The Colonel posted:

wonder egg priority could be cool
I'm confident it'll be cool. Few shows have a first ep this strong and then collapse

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Last Dungeon Boonies I can get behind. Normally I don't like "overpowered protagonists" but this is sorta like One Punch Man where it's more funny and isn't a wish fulfillment fantasy at all.

e: I'm appreciating Jaku-Chara on a visceral level, it's nice to see self-help animes.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jan 14, 2021

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Strange Quark posted:

:cawg:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Last Dungeon Boonies I can get behind. Normally I don't like "overpowered protagonists" but this is sorta like One Punch Man where it's more funny and isn't a wish fulfillment fantasy at all.

It helps that the protagonist is basically just a sapient puppy.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Made a Molcars thread!

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Horimiya had me smiling throughout, very likable characters and a cute romance that doesn't seem to be dragging its feet.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's an extremely pleasant story that hits most of the right notes; good overall characters, good amount of energy in its comedy without being overbearing, and "enough" development that it feels worth seeing whatever new chapter/episode brings. Most of the complaints about the manga are from not being to identify characters (so the anime's hair coloring is a godsend) and some stuff with the main relationship that rubs people the wrong way at times.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Most of the kinks in the relationship, i feel, get ironed out early on leaving only Hori's own kink for Miyamura domming her

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Log Horizon started right back up where it left off and it took a while to dust off all the memories of the database

I'll never forget Krusty, though

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
of the new shows i've checked out so far

Otherside Picnic: My only real complaint is the crappy cg used for various walk cycle animations. Seems pretty unnecessary and looks bad, but overall very interesting plot and otherwise good direction

Wonder Egg Priority: This one is something special. The themes might be a bit heavy but I am already in love with this show after the first episode. Somehow ended up with two parallel world pseudo horror anime about lesbians with heterochromia this season

Horimiya: Really delightful rom-com, with hints that the romance will actually go somewhere. Hilarious and strong production values throughout, this is definitely an extremely solid show despite not really treading any new ground

moved from a strong dungeon town or whatever who loving cares: Watched because people were saying it was funny. It was awful and boring.

Sk8 the Infinity: they call it studio BONES for a reason :gizz: This is a must watch

bad wixoss idol anime: I dunno why I gave this a shot but it wasn't worth it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Homura and Sickle posted:

Otherside Picnic: My only real complaint is the crappy cg used for various walk cycle animations. Seems pretty unnecessary and looks bad, but overall very interesting plot and otherwise good direction

It's real odd - The CG is easy to understand when it's accomodating ambitious camera movements or unnatural horrors, but there's these shots where they'll just have the CG models posed and not even animated for a second or two and it's not clear why they didn't just draw the one or two shorthand frames they'd need. I like the show and all, it's just...strange.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's real odd - The CG is easy to understand when it's accomodating ambitious camera movements or unnatural horrors, but there's these shots where they'll just have the CG models posed and not even animated for a second or two and it's not clear why they didn't just draw the one or two shorthand frames they'd need. I like the show and all, it's just...strange.

basically my take, much more ambitious shots are traditionally animated (and well) because ???

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
An animal that's cute, but not cute.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think the design of koalas is anything to be proud of. if they live long enough, their teeth wear down and then they starve to death.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think the design of koalas is anything to be proud of. if they live long enough, their teeth wear down and then they starve to death.

The trick is all evolution cares about is that you are able to successfully reproduce. Once you've reproduced and your children are in a position to successfully reproduce as well you enter the blind zone of evolution where whatever happens to you doesn't matter from an evolutionary perspective.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Good enough for GovernmentGod work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dagon maids in july

https://twitter.com/maidragon_anime/status/1349914397301383170?s=20