Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

:can: but if you haven't slept on stone floors or concrete for a couple days you've never been in the Army. That's Air Force or some poo poo

tbh the'yre probably stoked. "you mean we get to sleep on this clean, dry concrete? what's the catch??"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

facialimpediment posted:

Nah that's a misread. That guy is a VOA reporter that covers the White House. Donnie's going to record one of those hostage videos again, but he's trying to figure out where to host it, since he has no social media.

Basically an American-funded news network tailored to overseas audiences. The idea is that it's an independent US agency that blasts out news reports of what we're doing - kind of to show other countries "how to do it". It's arguably propaganda at its best, but Donnie morphed it into full-blown propaganda recently.

https://twitter.com/CassidyWoodTV/status/1349481364475752451

So ALL violence is bad but so is censorship and uhh this is 6 days late and after my failed coup attempt but could you guys knock off the violence? God Bless.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Knives Amilli posted:

my mom worked at redstone for two years just last year and was telling me to buy property out there (I wasnt liquid at the time and had no intention of living close to Alabama).

Yeah that area has an extremely good reputation. Rocket scientists and corn bread.

Hekk posted:

So ALL violence is bad but so is censorship and uhh this is 6 days late and after my failed coup attempt but could you guys knock off the violence? God Bless.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1349496496413093890

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

“No TRUE Scotsman...”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Who even writes that poo poo for the orange cheeto, it’s so dumb

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pmchem posted:

“No TRUE Scotsman...”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Who even writes that poo poo for the orange cheeto, it’s so dumb

Stephen Miller.

For an example of an odd mix or how to tell, his statement announcing sanctions over Hong Kong was mostly good (as good as you can with him saying it) and mostly written Matthew Pottinger, and then takes are hard pivot to shitsville and it’s clear that Miller did that.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I made it 40 seconds

I can’t stand listening to this motherfucker speak

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I get a pavlovian reaction when I hear his voice; I just want to shut the door to whatever room I'm in or mute the tv regardless of whether it's on or not or close my laptop lid.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

I made it 40 seconds

I can’t stand listening to this motherfucker speak

You didn’t miss much. Somehow he’s even worse when he’s trying to be “presidential” and reading off a teleprompter than he is when he’s the freewheeling demented racist uncle.

Also was it some weird compression artifact or did he look like he was speaking in front of a green screen to anyone else?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

I get a pavlovian reaction when I hear his voice; I just want to shut the door to whatever room I'm in or mute the tv regardless of whether it's on or not or close my laptop lid.

I instinctively turn the volume down because I don’t want my neighbors to even think for a second that I’m listening to that turd because I support him.

Edit: I doubt they could even hear it at normal volume but I’m paranoid like that.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Was just taking out trash in my apt and downstairs neighbor was in his national guard uniform loading bags in his car. I wonder if the WA state guard got called up? I hadn't seen anything in the news.

He may be getting called up for State Active Duty given that there's talk of attacks on all 50 state capitols.

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Laughing at the idea of getting pulled out of the Springs to get sent to Bama instead

https://twitter.com/DenverGazette/status/1349425923553157121

:cryingspaceguardian:

Sucks for them but I am not super surprised - Redstone Arsenal is where a lot of the Army's space work is done out of, MDA is there, as well as Marshall Space Flight Center. I visited there a couple of years ago and it didn't seem that bad (for Alabama, anyway - compared to, say, Montgomery, which has nothing going for it). Not as pretty as the Springs though, that's for sure.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1349500703593689092

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

"Cool, I thought about it."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Didn’t some people here kind of like Comey at one point after he got fired?

I mean he get his line of thought....but lol no this isn’t Nixon.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Didn’t some people here kind of like Comey at one point after he got fired?

I don't recall this happening.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

:can: but if you haven't slept on stone floors or concrete for a couple days you've never been in the Army. That's Air Force or some poo poo

Air Force Vet Defensive Mode Activated:

I slept on floors. Used mopp gear as a pillow. It is universal. Korean exercises and Qatar deployment.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

if you have never slept on a floor using a buttpack as a pillow have you ever really army'd?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stultus Maximus posted:

I don't recall this happening.

I remember mentioning that people seemed to hate him a lot less then in 2016/2017 and people said that they felt it wasn’t really his fault. I’m not trying to gotcha anyone or anything, I just seem to recall it in the back of my head.

It’s also funny that Barr kept the Hunter thing under wraps the entire election.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I slept on nonskid with a poncho under my head in a hangar bay on a ship once or twice. Yes it shredded my uniform in fun ways that were only discovered when I washed it and it looked like a cat had clawed the gently caress out of it.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
...having not absorbed any of the lessons of Reconstruction.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She is so loving stupid.

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1349514160749633536?s=21

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gently caress off and work on that backdoored yet perfectly secure encryption scheme you’re so sure is possible, you ignorant poo poo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I remember mentioning that people seemed to hate him a lot less then in 2016/2017 and people said that they felt it wasn’t really his fault. I’m not trying to gotcha anyone or anything, I just seem to recall it in the back of my head.

It’s also funny that Barr kept the Hunter thing under wraps the entire election.

I could understand why he sandbagged Hillary after his explanation when he gave it.

Through hindsight I want him to go gently caress himself for everything.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Its gonna be a long 8 years.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

QuidProJoe is inspired

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

KirbyKhan posted:

Air Force Vet Defensive Mode Activated:

I slept on floors. Used mopp gear as a pillow. It is universal. Korean exercises and Qatar deployment.

Oh yeah? Well, then

You're alright :)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

LongDarkNight posted:

Its gonna be a long forever.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Watch as these idiots use plastic bottles for their molotovs

With rags stuffed down an open neck, no doubt.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

She's one for the woodchipper

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Pelosi installed the magnetometers - republicans sidestepped them

The magnetometers got moved back with tables on both sides - republicans bulldozed the officers at the magnetometers

Now it's gonna hurt.

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1349521778629107713

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

LongDarkNight posted:

Its gonna be a long 8 years.

She will get votes. She may even get cosponsors.

Having another moment where I am just dejectedly reflecting on how aggressively stupid this all is.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Pelosi installed the magnetometers - republicans sidestepped them

The magnetometers got moved back with tables on both sides - republicans bulldozed the officers at the magnetometers

Now it's gonna hurt.

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1349521778629107713

Isn’t this unconstitutional

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That may actually be a deterrent; $5,000 is at least 2-3 boxes of 9mm these days.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Didn't he release something to do with Hillary's emails just in time for it to potentially swing the election toward what we got? If so, gently caress him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

hobbesmaster posted:

It would be unconstitutional for capitol police to stop them from entering because something they had with them. The house can absolutely institute rules to regulate conduct of its members, though.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Oh yeah? Well, then

You're alright :)

*Nods*

*Rips bong*

Yeah, I recall the softening on Comey described. But somebody could say anything about them years and I wouldn't doubt it. I do know his "walk into the woods" tweet was far better received than Hilary's "walk into the woods" tweet.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

hobbesmaster posted:

Guns have been illegal on the House floor for a very long time, it's just never been enforced. My guess is that it falls under the usual thing - Congress makes laws, so the House can set its own rules for how it functions.

It's an interesting question though!

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

Nope. Lol. Not at all.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

That may actually be a deterrent; $5,000 is at least 2-3 boxes of 9mm these days.

Woah woah...where are you getting such good deals on 9mm?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

It would be unconstitutional for capitol police to stop them from entering because something they had with them. The house can absolutely institute rules to regulate conduct of its members, though.

I was thinking of the 27th, would this be an actual crime charged?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

facialimpediment posted:

Guns have been illegal on the House floor for a very long time, it's just never been enforced. My guess is that it falls under the usual thing - Congress makes laws, so the House can set its own rules for how it functions.

It's an interesting question though!

BUG JUG posted:

Nope. Lol. Not at all.

What about the 27th amendment?