Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

LeeMajors posted:

Yep. I’ve got one too. It’s awesome.

Merkur + Feather blades

:same:, my exact setup

Hot Diggity! posted:

They rock OP both my girlfriend and I have one.

Yep yep wouldn't have it any other way

Silly Burrito posted:

Also, I tried the whole wet shaving with soap and bristle and brush, and after a while I got lazy as hell and just used Barbasol. Still works though, but man the imitation Walmart/Dollar Store brands suck, and I pretty much stick to the real thing.

The aerosols in Barbasol make it brutal on your skin though. I just lather up with a brush straight on my face. Just got a new badger hair brush, it rocks.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

Ok, quick sidebar for those with Merkur 34Cs, has the rotating piece at the bottom ever gotten stuck so tightly that you couldn't unscrew it? I tried a bunch of things but finally just filled it with oil (3-in-1 maybe? I'd have to check) overnight and that seems to have worked for now. Only problem is that now I smell that oil every time, which is small potatoes, but still aggravating.

Also, I tried the whole wet shaving with soap and bristle and brush, and after a while I got lazy as hell and just used Barbasol. Still works though, but man the imitation Walmart/Dollar Store brands suck, and I pretty much stick to the real thing.

I've never had that issue but I usually loosen it before putting it away.

I usually use the cup/brush with Proraso because it foams up a lot easier than some of the ones in the tubs.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Sometimes I think it’d be nice to grow more facial hair than the average high school freshman, but then I read about how much effort y’all have to put into either keeping it away or maintaining a beard, and hard pass. I haven’t bought shaving cream in a decade, and reuse the cheap crappy disposable razors for about a month before replacing them.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

drat after a whole thread if people having them now I'm considering getting a straight razor.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I still have the gilette mach 3 they sent me when I turned 18 in celebration of being eligible for the draft. Works great still!

I had a short beard I enjoyed but had to shave it off when i got a cpap as it would pinch the hairs or push them up to tickle my nostrils

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 14, 2021

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Paint Crop Pro posted:

drat after a whole thread if people having them now I'm considering getting a straight razor.

I've had mine for over 8 years now and I'm not going back. So much cheaper and works very well (a little too well if you use Feathers :) ).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

shirts and skins posted:

The aerosols in Barbasol make it brutal on your skin though. I just lather up with a brush straight on my face. Just got a new badger hair brush, it rocks.

Never thought about that, but it seems to work well for me. I used to do the in-shower shave with a mirror, and that was nice, but it made showers last for 20 minutes and it always felt like I was wasting a shitload of water.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
I switched to Harry's awhile back and it's alright, nothing amazing. Growing the beard out again but will probably give the straight razor a try if/when I decide the beard has to go again.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I basically keep a very short beard, its like a permanent 5 o clock shadow. Clean shaven looks to babyish, and I dont like rocking and actual beard and this still looks pretty good on me.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

swickles posted:

I basically keep a very short beard, its like a permanent 5 o clock shadow. Clean shaven looks to babyish, and I dont like rocking and actual beard and this still looks pretty good on me.

Yeah, now that I finally bought clippers for cutting my hair I'm gonna try different lengths of beard. There wasn't a way to get anything between clean shaven or just hard in the paint.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
My previous job I had to have short hair and no facial hair. My current job is work from home even before Covid so I've gone almost 15 months without a haircut or shave.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Braksgirl posted:

SB wants me to use a straight razor and blades for shaving because they're cheaper than lady blades but not gonna lie, they scare the poo poo out of me. I injure myself almost daily, I can't imagine the damage I'd do with a razor blade like that.

I assume you mean safety razor otherwise drat SB don't be so harsh

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SundayMoney posted:

My previous job I had to have short hair and no facial hair. My current job is work from home even before Covid so I've gone almost 15 months without a haircut or shave.

Pics

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The only thing appropriate to shave with is a blade you forged yourself.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Safety razors are the loving bomb. I used to use gimmicky bullshit like the Mach 5, but a decent safety is so much better and costs like a dime versus 15 bucks.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Presented without comment

https://twitter.com/NatureisScary/status/1349071651640651789?s=20

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

swickles posted:

:hmmyes: This was me before around September, when I decided to just embrace the beard lifestyle.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

I assume you mean safety razor otherwise drat SB don't be so harsh

I want her to use a pointy rock

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Lol Hawley hasn’t tweeted in 6 days

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

swickles posted:

Gonna make this a chat app for SEC fans only.

You say that like it would be any different.

Another safety razor guy here. When I still shaved my face I used feather, but def stick to Astra for the dome and shave it in the shower. Been like 8 years now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

I want her to use a pointy rock

She might use one on you if you're not careful!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I mentioned to my wife how the pandemic has messed up my shaving routine and she helpfully pointed out that she has not shaved her legs once since the start of all of this.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

N:

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1349536516964548610

V:

Lmao

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Sorry, I meant safety razor. Too many people here talking it's hard to think. EVERYONE IS ALWAYS HERE OMG.

So, I, uh, tend to go full bear mode in the winter because I'm not wearing shorts so why bother shaving my legs. My leg hair is pretty sparse and fine though so probably nobody even notices. It's the summer that makes it so I spend a small fortune on blades.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I gotta up my posting numbers in 2021. I only had like the 14th most posts.

Those are rookie numbers

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

haahahahahaha lmao

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Those are rookie numbers

I'm coming for you this year.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Those are rookie numbers

Get on my level. loving weak.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Those are rookie numbers

I’m the Ricky Proehl of posting: slow and white

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Trump stiffing someone is like the least surprising thing ever.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
this is the key to posting numbers

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I had to cut my beard when I get into EMS for nebulous fit-testing. Who would ever wear an N95 :lol:

:suicide:

Now we have cheap N95s we've never had fit-tested thanks to the PPE shortage, but we are being issued PAPR hoods and I'm going to grow the beard back.

It's going to be an adjustment. I've gotten so good with the razor with no mirror I can zip all the hair off above my collar bones (except eyebrows :smuggo:) in about 3min by muscle memory.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

I understand this reference!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

2021 continues to provide.

Spoeank posted:

Barkley would be the poster that posts nothing but random bikini-clad women.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

dammit broccoli

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

loving lol

the best and most obvious conclusion

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Skwirl posted:

Safety razors are the loving bomb. I used to use gimmicky bullshit like the Mach 5, but a decent safety is so much better and costs like a dime versus 15 bucks.

Yeah I switched from a Mach 5 too, and what I realized was that having five blade passes per stroke is *really* rough on skin. Now it's one blade, and it's basically always new!

Stiffing people is the only thing he knows how to do. It's amazing.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

Rudy has made it clear he prefers trial by combat. Let them fight I say.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Braksgirl posted:

SB wants me to use a straight razor and blades for shaving because they're cheaper than lady blades but not gonna lie, they scare the poo poo out of me. I injure myself almost daily, I can't imagine the damage I'd do with a razor blade like that.

:hfive: I nick my ankles all the time, even being super careful. I've never though lady razors do a great job, so I have a trusty schick hydro 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/774741598311776256