Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

EasyEW posted:

9 "Oh God, This poo poo Again" Lane

Jesus Christ how does this get past a loving editor?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Evil Mastermind posted:

How much would you need to be paid to actually look at 9CL every time Brooke sends in a new batch of strips?

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Haifisch posted:

How much would you need to be paid to actually look at 9CL every time Brooke sends in a new batch of strips?

Hell, I'd probably pay Brooke to stop sending me strips.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban

Cave boob

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

that this is printed and pastis’ coup storyline will not be not is a travesty

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Because newspapers and newspaper comics are marketed at boomers and the only kind of child abuse boomers care about is the kind that isn't real but they can get away with blowing up pizza joints over.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Evil Mastermind posted:

I've got to confess. I know we're not supposed to touch the poop, but after the training bra week I sent an email to GoComics asking that exact question.

Never got a response.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Maybe it's just because I live in an area that is subject to rolling blackouts (and the occasional storm knocking down power lines), but I have flashlights around? And a couple of portable lanterns? Then again, they allegedly live in California, so they should be prepared for blackouts, too.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

catlord posted:

I've got to confess. I know we're not supposed to touch the poop, but after the training bra week I sent an email to GoComics asking that exact question.

Never got a response.

Are we even sure it's still in papers?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Kavak posted:

Somebody posted a picture of the panty-dropping strip running in their local newspaper in the last thread, so unless things have changed since, at least one.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Kavak posted:

LA Times

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Julet Esqu posted:

Maybe it's just because I live in an area that is subject to rolling blackouts (and the occasional storm knocking down power lines), but I have flashlights around? And a couple of portable lanterns? Then again, they allegedly live in California, so they should be prepared for blackouts, too.
A ton of people don't have emergency stuff on hand even if they ought to. (myself included - the closest thing I have to a flashlight is my phone and maybe some lovely tiny flashlight keychain I got from work. but I can bumble around my apartment just fine in the dark & I can't think of a power outage I've experienced that lasted more than ~10 minutes, so fixing that hasn't really been a priority)

Although the people who don't have a flashlight on hand are not going to be the people who have an emergency radio/light on hand, so :shrug: on that front.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (May 30, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Oct 22, 1988)

Robbie and Bobby

(May 23, 2018)

(May 25, 2018)

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

In this installment of The Timid Soul (August 2, 1937), I'm fairly sure an alcohol rub would be some kind of massage.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes

i remember reading this as a kid and i never got why the mom pulled his shirt back down, what a wet blanket

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin and Kell (January 4-8, 1999)

First appearance: Chet Cheetah. Welcome to Toxic Masculinity Zone, folks!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Haifisch posted:

A ton of people don't have emergency stuff on hand even if they ought to. (myself included - the closest thing I have to a flashlight is my phone and maybe some lovely tiny flashlight keychain I got from work. but I can bumble around my apartment just fine in the dark & I can't think of a power outage I've experienced that lasted more than ~10 minutes, so fixing that hasn't really been a priority)
Last time there was a power outage here it lasted a couple of hours. So I turned on my phone's wifi hotspot and read the forums on my laptop in the dark.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

tbh the most galling thing about that 9CL is that those kids are supposed to be like 8 months old

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/13/01

Brenda Starr 6/24/45

Smokey Stover 4/9/39

Richard's Poor Almanac

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

kidcoelacanth posted:

tbh the most galling thing about that 9CL is that those kids are supposed to be like 8 months old

To me it's that Brooke forgot his own schtick and they have speech bubbles instead of thought bubbles

He's garbage

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Ugh Candorville. I forgot that poo poo existed. I hate how he draws them on their backs, like the lady is always trying to be some pinup.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Maybe the dude just likes armpits?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

If Dustin just became Retail But In a Library, well, it'd still suck. This is a really weird run of strips where Dustin isn't being completely poo poo on.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's repeating topics already, too. We've been over the reshelving bit.

Only thing I can think of to say is that books do, of course, have call numbers that tell you where the books go. And that even without engaging with the call numbers, most patrons would know to put a book back roughly where they took it from. Can I picture a patron just looking for "the cooking section", taking a book, and later reshelving it into travel because of brainfarts? I absolutely can.

Again, Dustin is being much more polite and constructive than he or service staff are usually portrayed. I'm starting to wonder if something's up, too.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (May 16, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 16, 1999)

Coming across this one in the archives felt weird, because school shootings just aren't the world-stopping news they used to be. In any case, this A&J is, I think, made excellent by its last panel.

I try not to comment on the comics I post, generally, but one of the reasons I like doing the "today and across three decades" posts is the cultural contrast they provide. The Tina's Groove above, joking about people microblogging their lives on Facebook, seems almost naive eleven years later now that pretty much everyone you know has had their brains hopelessly scrambled by the intermittent reward loops of eighteen different social media platforms.

And yeah, if you have (American) school-aged kids, they might get shot to death in class one day.

Garfield Classic (May 16, 1989)

The full-size source for this one was missing. Sorry.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah given that chickweek when back to be disgusting horny bodes bad for Dustin.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Slammy posted:

Dinky Fellas (April 5, 1965)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvG3is7Bm1w

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

It's repeating topics already, too. We've been over the reshelving bit.

Only thing I can think of to say is that books do, of course, have call numbers that tell you where the books go. And that even without engaging with the call numbers, most patrons would know to put a book back roughly where they took it from. Can I picture a patron just looking for "the cooking section", taking a book, and later reshelving it into travel because of brainfarts? I absolutely can.

Again, Dustin is being much more polite and constructive than he or service staff are usually portrayed. I'm starting to wonder if something's up, too.

Have the feeling that Parker ends up writing a few strips whenever Skelley is particularly worked up over politics. Next week will begin with him being fired offscreen as the temp agency woman states that he fell asleep and drooled on some books or something.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

HEY NOW

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

I can't believe you've done this.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

This should be in the OP.

Vintage Valiant (Apr. 04, 1943)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

We already have Retail But in a Library -- it's called Unshelved.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Addams and Evil - 1947

Timely...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Selachian posted:

We already have Retail But in a Library -- it's called Unshelved.

and it's terrible