Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
One of Matt's editor's died. :smith:

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1349199914916601858

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What happun?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Grouchio posted:

What happun?

not the most... well-timed reference, grouchio

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
But the most grouchio of references, really.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1349508193551065089

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1349469513331462145

lol

Isn't Matt former QA? Shouldn't he know from experience this is a huge crock of poo poo?

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 14, 2021

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Matt: please notice me as a serious games personality senpai

Pat: eh gently caress it I'm a an rear end in a top hat and they didn't give code fast enough.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Pat clarified stuff a bit further

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1349612355764826114

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Matt: please notice me as a serious games personality senpai

Pat: eh gently caress it I'm a an rear end in a top hat and they didn't give code fast enough.

Honestly, yeah. That was kinda my thought as well. Which is wild considering Matt was QA.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

My first thought when I saw the Cyberpunk statement (attached to Matts tweet) was "that was a lot of nothing." to the point I was pretty confused by Matt's statement since he usually has fairly good takes?

Except for the take where he tried to drag Justin McElroy for saying stuffed crust is dumb. Now I haven't actually had stuffed crust so its more that I don't have a horse in the race, but my intuition says stuffed crust is a crutch - if your pizza's crust isnt tasty enough that you don't want to eat it on it's own, that's bad pizza, or you're like 8.

Cheese isn't bad but it doesnt need to be in/on everything all the time.

e: I was going to joke about stuffing crust with something else, like meat, but then I think I remembered there was like, a hot dog pizza, and that seems even worse.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Oxyclean posted:

My first thought when I saw the Cyberpunk statement (attached to Matts tweet) was "that was a lot of nothing." to the point I was pretty confused by Matt's statement since he usually has fairly good takes?

Except for the take where he tried to drag Justin McElroy for saying stuffed crust is dumb. Now I haven't actually had stuffed crust so its more that I don't have a horse in the race, but my intuition says stuffed crust is a crutch - if your pizza's crust isnt tasty enough that you don't want to eat it on it's own, that's bad pizza, or you're like 8.

Cheese isn't bad but it doesnt need to be in/on everything all the time.

e: I was going to joke about stuffing crust with something else, like meat, but then I think I remembered there was like, a hot dog pizza, and that seems even worse.
why don't you go try it before theorizing on whether it's good or not

stuffed crust is pretty great when done right. bacon/pepperoni and cheese in the crust is basically a calzone as the handle for your pizza.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1348069511342280711?s=20
For context. Justin's take was certainly hot, but I don't think it's the shittiest take. And more cheese is not more better.

Captain Invictus posted:

why don't you go try it before theorizing on whether it's good or not
stuffed crust is pretty great when done right. bacon/pepperoni and cheese in the crust is basically a calzone as the handle for your pizza.
I mean, yeah, that sounds rad, I think there's a bit of an operative "when done right." I guess it's more that Justin's take resonates with me because stuffed crust feels like it was made for all those kids who didn't eat their crusts, and I immediately think of like, cheap chains like Pizza hut who were usually the ones I saw advertising stuffed crust. Also, there's like, an inner Pat thats like "no, just make the crust good! then you dont need poo poo inside! If you want a calzone, just have one, don't stick it on the end of the pizza!"

That said, the real take I think Matt (or someone else) made in a later comment is Justin's whole Munch Squad thing where he reads fast food marketing copy and infrequently goes "hm, I might want to try that" kinda undercuts the stuffed crust take. :v:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I feel like there's certain kinds of pizza bases that make good bases but maybe don't work so well as crusts and stuff crust helps alleviate that. Personally I just prefer skillet style where you just have cheese and topping all the way to the edge though.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The Cyberpunk apology is bad because it runs with the narrative that it's just the current gen versions that are buggy and not that the game itself is broken in fundamental ways bigger than someone clipping through a wall.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
while FOR BREAKFAST was hilarious at the time, it did show that Matt's craziness comes from food. Have a food take he disagrees with? screaming match begins even if it stems from Woolie being unable to eat scrambled eggs because of well documented bad experience. There's a podcast somewhere where one of the boys mentions how fart-smelling Matt got about skim milk and that the others drinking 2% "might as well be sucking off a cow" or something along those lines.

Anyway yeah that cyberpunk thing is absurdly bad.

Is stuffed crust mainly a crutch in bad chain pizza? absolutely! Doesn't mean it's not great. But it's one of the takes where I'll just shrug.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Watching Reggie figure out demon's souls is actually pretty entertaining, but if Woolie put half the time he spent trying to look and feel like a good mentor into actually being a good mentor they'd be unstoppable.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Podcast is some top tier woolie-assumes-thing therefore fact like mark Hamil and romanian woman being a southern bell

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tae posted:

Podcast is some top tier woolie-assumes-thing therefore fact like mark Hamil and romanian woman being a southern bell
What he thinks madame snu snu is a southern belle based on her attire?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I also would have said she's a Southern Belle from the outfit, although I didn't think they were actually doing that (I haven't watched the trailer/don't care about RE).

I skipped most of this week's podcast cause I've got GB Goty to listen to, what'd he say about Hamil? Is it some dumb TLJ conspiracy theory?

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

He thought that Hamill loved playing Old, Tired, Jaded Luke because he (Woolie) personally loves that brand. Hamill hated it, thought it completely undermined Luke’s character.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

DrakePegasus posted:

He thought that Hamill loved playing Old, Tired, Jaded Luke because he (Woolie) personally loves that brand. Hamill hated it, thought it completely undermined Luke’s character.

Isn't that actually the conspiracy theory? Hamil initially disliked TLJ Luke, but grew to like the role after found out what the movie was going for.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I’m honestly not sure, that’s just the last thing I remember intentionally reading.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea the thing was that he originally thought it wasn't a good idea then he read it and talked it out and liked it. Like, obviously we don't know how much of that is code for 'Disney made it extremely clear if I dislike it so much they'll happily write me out' but on twitter and all he does seem to genuinely have a positive view of where it went since he's had plenty of chances to spill the tea and just gone 'nope, that was how it happened, sometimes it helps to give things a second read'.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Someone post a pic of this whole rear end capcom lady. How heug could she possibly be?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Warbird posted:

Someone post a pic of this whole rear end capcom lady. How heug could she possibly be?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Warbird posted:

buddy,

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Warbird posted:

LSSJ Kale without any of the muscle.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Who's the guy woolie was talking about who does sick combo clips on Twitter or whatever?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Who's the guy woolie was talking about who does sick combo clips on Twitter or whatever?

Sunhi Legend.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1351332347879292931

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1349516498600144899

They are indeed, quite sick.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this ones epic https://twitter.com/sunhilegend/status/1254122091449913344?s=21

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

sexpig by night posted:

yea the thing was that he originally thought it wasn't a good idea then he read it and talked it out and liked it. Like, obviously we don't know how much of that is code for 'Disney made it extremely clear if I dislike it so much they'll happily write me out' but on twitter and all he does seem to genuinely have a positive view of where it went since he's had plenty of chances to spill the tea and just gone 'nope, that was how it happened, sometimes it helps to give things a second read'.

He made the mistake of admitting that originally he wasn't sure about some choices Luke made, but after going through it with Rian Johnson said he understood it a lot more. Some people like to only talk about the first part and disregard the second. And also, actors having questions about their characters happens pretty much all the time and was nothing new.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat learning how to interact with humans by playing Dad of Defeat with cops explains a lot

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I'm listening to the latest podcast now, where Pat is talking about his migraines and how hosed he's been feeling lately and Woolie's like "that's fine we'll try to have a normal length podcast"

*podcast is almost 4 hours long

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Their average is like 5 so relatively

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Big Scary Owl posted:

I'm listening to the latest podcast now, where Pat is talking about his migraines and how hosed he's been feeling lately and Woolie's like "that's fine we'll try to have a normal length podcast"

*podcast is almost 4 hours long

I mean, that's normal for them.

Bonus Brazil reference for you, there are two podcasts I associate with stupid-rear end length, this one and MdM, but I'm still waiting for them to just go gently caress it and make a 9h long cast.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Dias posted:

I mean, that's normal for them.

Bonus Brazil reference for you, there are two podcasts I associate with stupid-rear end length, this one and MdM, but I'm still waiting for them to just go gently caress it and make a 9h long cast.

wrestling podcasts do that sometimes

between the sheets will do 8-9 hours sometimes and the lapsed fan will do 12 hour shows regularly

both are wrestling history podcasts so maybe that's related

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So where were you when Gamestop investors from Reddit short-squeezed the markets and ruined many a hedge fund? :kheldragar:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I listen to another gaming podcast that started as consistently around an hour a week. They're now hitting two and a half pretty often, so i'm sure eventually one of these two will hit 6 hours a week and i'll have to pick one over the other.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

holy poo poo apparently punchmom caught up with the LP finally and set woolie straight on some stuff so the latest episode (76) is just him + reggie going back + recapping stuff and actually making some sense out of the story instead of wacky woolie theory time

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I just finished 13 Sentinels, and I thought watching the LP would be fun. But it's a LOT of episodes..............

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I just finished 13 Sentinels, and I thought watching the LP would be fun. But it's a LOT of episodes..............

Absolutely just go digging for your favorite moments to see it go big WOOOSH over their heads or hyped pop ups.

The Guest Saga begins
https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1354987014354034689

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 29, 2021