Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dawgstar posted:

It's like Rick from Rick and Morty, except I genuinely think David Chase went the extra mile to let you know that nobody in the show is somebody to emulate.

Rick and Morty says straight up Rick sucks and shows his damage. But people are idiots idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean it’s like how you can’t really great an anti war movie or movies that are supposed to be anti whatever end up being used by those groups. To make compelling TV you have to make it not miserable to watch

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean it’s like how you can’t really great an anti war movie or movies that are supposed to be anti whatever end up being used by those groups. To make compelling TV you have to make it not miserable to watch

counterpoint: come and see

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Sopranos/Sex and the City issue has been resolved:

https://twitter.com/Adequate_Scott/status/1349174481173016579

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Jimbot posted:

It's why I said probably. The point I was trying to make is that there are folks who are rightfully suspicious of vaccinations that will be lumped in with the anti-vaxxer crowd by people like Film Robert and forcing them to get vaccinated is yikes. Especially of one that was developed under this administration who were really quick to get it out there and make a massive spectacle of it being administered.

This is why I'm not lining up to get the vaccine unless it's mandated. They slammed it through the system so fast, I have to think that in a year's time, we're going to find out the vaccine has some kind of devastating side-effect.

The reason why I say, 'unless it's mandated' is because I imagine either the government or employers are going to set up a system where they say, "You can't return to work unless you present proof you received the COVID-19 vaccine." If it gets to that point, then fine, I'll get the shot. Otherwise, I'm perfectly fine with staying in lockdown and wearing a face-mask.

Of course, at the rate things are going, I don't think you could get the vaccine even if you wanted to.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CYBEReris posted:

counterpoint: come and see

i'm not sure you can use Come and See for an example of something that isn't supposed to be miserable to watch (by design, and done very compellingly)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Alaois posted:

i'm not sure you can use Come and See for an example of something that isn't supposed to be miserable to watch (by design, and done very compellingly)

I think that's the point, it's both good/compelling and miserable

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1349457854231547904

Poor Jenny.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/nostalgicshot/status/1349443845986131968

:discourse:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh God I remember Scorcher. His takes were almost as bad as Confused Matthew.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
When we die, we all release the bird that's been inside of us the whole time.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the username "the fiery joker" really completes this

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Strong "Angelic Diablo" energy in that

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I do remember one time Josh Scorcher did get one over on Doug Walker when Doug threw a tantrum that sailors in the Pearl Harbour movie said they couldn't swim. From what I remember Scorcher was or still is in the Marines and he pointed out that mandatory swimming lessons were only implemented after Pearl Harbour precisely because so many sailors died.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That's a bit right.

Dovi
Feb 21, 2013

I got the vax and would reccomend

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm getting the vax tomorrow (hopefully). So far it looks safe to me.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'd rather play Tetris than listen to another second of this dude's screechwhining.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

nine-gear crow posted:

I'd rather play Tetris than listen to another second of this dude's screechwhining.

But would you rather play Tetris over Skyrim??????????????????????????????????????????????????? :shepface:

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

I would play most things over Skyrim.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Jamie Faith posted:

But would you rather play Tetris over Skyrim??????????????????????????????????????????????????? :shepface:

Any day.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I've put more hours into Tetris than I ever did Skyrim. Possibly more than I've put into the entire Elder Scrolls franchise.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I probably would play Metal Gear Solid 3 over Tetris, I just don’t know about anything else on his list

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Skyrim was alright. Can't wait to see how Bethesda will smooth High Rock into an even more formless, buggy mass that they'll leave to modders to make into whatever game they will it to be.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nuns with Guns posted:

Skyrim was alright. Can't wait to see how Bethesda will smooth High Rock into an even more formless, buggy mass that they'll leave to modders to make into whatever game they will it to be.

It's looking more like 6 is gonna be Hammerfell than High Rock, which is gonna be an interesting disaster seeing a company run by Todd Howard try to portray a largely black/Arabic culture and setting in a way that isn't amazingly godawfully racist. Either way, I'm waiting for the Beyond Skyrim team to finish all their province mods. gently caress Bethesda, I'm sure the mod community will give me a fully visitable Tamriel all in one game by maybe the end of 2030.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The npcs will comment on how uncurved the swords are in other countries

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gnome de plume posted:

The npcs will comment on how uncurved the swords are in other countries

"You see those warriors from Cyrodiil? They have straight swords. STRAIGHT! SWORDS!"

Now that I've typed that out, that actually would be kind of a cute little random encounter guard line if it showed up in a Hammerfell game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

nine-gear crow posted:

It's looking more like 6 is gonna be Hammerfell than High Rock, which is gonna be an interesting disaster seeing a company run by Todd Howard try to portray a largely black/Arabic culture and setting in a way that isn't amazingly godawfully racist. Either way, I'm waiting for the Beyond Skyrim team to finish all their province mods. gently caress Bethesda, I'm sure the mod community will give me a fully visitable Tamriel all in one game by maybe the end of 2030.

Don't worry; Todd Howard's also the executive producer on the newly-announced Indiana Jones adventure game so I'd say there's even-money that also goes full "Temple of Doom".

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I do remember one time Josh Scorcher did get one over on Doug Walker when Doug threw a tantrum that sailors in the Pearl Harbour movie said they couldn't swim. From what I remember Scorcher was or still is in the Marines and he pointed out that mandatory swimming lessons were only implemented after Pearl Harbour precisely because so many sailors died.

I watched a video just the other day with a WW2 Vet who was in the British Navy and he couldn't swim. It wasn't uncommon. The thinking seemed to be that if you get torpedoed you're probably not making it out alive anyway.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DrVenkman posted:

I watched a video just the other day with a WW2 Vet who was in the British Navy and he couldn't swim. It wasn't uncommon. The thinking seemed to be that if you get torpedoed you're probably not making it out alive anyway.

I mean thats what happens when a ship goes down. Even if you are on the deck and you jump clear you can still get sucked back under by the displaced water rushing back in on a sinking ship.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

I mean thats what happens when a ship goes down. Even if you are on the deck and you jump clear you can still get sucked back under by the displaced water rushing back in on a sinking ship.

iirc the myth busters demonstrated this was false. When a ship goes down you can usually pick-up anyone in the water afterwards. Below decks, you're poo poo outta luck, but you're always better learning to swim.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
José continues his journey through sitcoms. This time with a Malcolm in The Middle retrospective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1f3suKnAik

Foxcade did a good one some time ago too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRgAfvzHdT8

I loved that show so much as a child.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I randomly chanced upon a syndicated showing of the final episode, and what an excellent ending it was.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Max Wilco posted:

This is why I'm not lining up to get the vaccine unless it's mandated. They slammed it through the system so fast, I have to think that in a year's time, we're going to find out the vaccine has some kind of devastating side-effect.
https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1339939943628550144

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rafnUWedZws

Josh has discovered Parkitect...

I started giggling immediately when he looked at that first visitor and saw their name was Grace :allears:.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Bug Squash posted:

iirc the myth busters demonstrated this was false. When a ship goes down you can usually pick-up anyone in the water afterwards. Below decks, you're poo poo outta luck, but you're always better learning to swim.

Wait, there was an episode where they torpedoed a huge battleship, killed hundreds of people and counted how many of those were or were not sucked under? :v:

What I'm getting at: I'd like to see their methodology before deciding to believe them

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Max Wilco posted:

The reason why I say, 'unless it's mandated' is because I imagine either the government or employers are going to set up a system where they say, "You can't return to work unless you present proof you received the COVID-19 vaccine." If it gets to that point, then fine, I'll get the shot. Otherwise, I'm perfectly fine with staying in lockdown and wearing a face-mask.

Of course, at the rate things are going, I don't think you could get the vaccine even if you wanted to.

First of all just wanted to post LMFAO at this post. Thank you it was a very funny.

And to the bolded, unless you’re like in New York or some state that is extremely strict, it is very easy to get the vaccine. I got it last week and all I had to was just line and they stopped giving a gently caress about any sort of qualifications. They just want to give it to people.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Jamie Faith posted:

It would probably be easier to fit in some rounds of Tetris around my constant playing of Destiny 2.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The REAL Goobusters posted:

First of all just wanted to post LMFAO at this post. Thank you it was a very funny.

And to the bolded, unless you’re like in New York or some state that is extremely strict, it is very easy to get the vaccine. I got it last week and all I had to was just line and they stopped giving a gently caress about any sort of qualifications. They just want to give it to people.

Sorry hold on a second are you saying that you lied about being a nurse or something to get the vaccine early?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Libluini posted:

Wait, there was an episode where they torpedoed a huge battleship, killed hundreds of people and counted how many of those were or were not sucked under? :v:

What I'm getting at: I'd like to see their methodology before deciding to believe them

They had a moderately sized barge that they sank and measured the amount of suction (negligible), then tried it out in the bay with Adam Savage.

There's also the fact that people have been standing of sinking ships and not gotten sucked down (like the Titanic's cook). It's just an urban myth that feels true. I've also only ever heard it from Americans, so it seems to be your equivalent of fan death.