Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
got into GME, stop lossed after 20min, then it reversed and gained another 20% . Why is there poop in my hands and red on my p/l...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
I want to thank the goon who mentioned tlry earlier this week, wish I dumped more into it

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

Rolo posted:

GIK is over 15 this morning. Anyone else being super cool like me and holding?

After 2 weeks of opening up 5%, ending down 2% with GIK I finally set a stop for half my position at 15.20 to catch it on the way down which it did before continuing to go up (of course). The other half I have Jan 17.5C sold against. Either way, not displeased with 30-50%. If I don't get called away tomorrow I'll probably try and exit the rest anyways, although selling Feb 20C for $2 is tempting.

Nitramster posted:

GHIV just seems to be slowly dropping. Should I get out with my 10% or should there be another bounce?

I'm holding through Tuesday to see what happens between options expiring on Friday and the merger vote Wednesday.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

loving around with GME made me a bit of money yesterday but got me flagged as a day trader on Robin Hood woops!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
TLRY hit my target of 19, ejected and out of all positions. I'll laugh when it hits 50 next week.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Woodchip posted:

TLRY hit my target of 19, ejected and out of all positions. I'll laugh when it hits 50 next week.

I loaded up on $15 2/21 calls yesterday, I have no idea what to do with them at the moment.

pschoy
Mar 2, 2009
So if TLRY stabilizes around 17 the implied upside for APHA is around 14 no? It's 11.5 now

Edit: using the .83 TLRY share ratio from the merger talk to be clear.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Do I touch the poop?

https://twitter.com/JesseLi48096164/status/1349741849720705025?s=20

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Well, I bowed out of GIK at 16.50, a net of 21%.

I hope it keeps going up for you guys.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
my remaining GIK calls are up about 75% right now but i feel like it will ramp higher, we're still more than a month from merger

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

UAVS to the moon :v:

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Cacafuego posted:

lmao what a world

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Cacafuego posted:

Wow, nice one.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I know I ragged on BTC talk in this thread earlier, but this is too good not to post:

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1349789586097111044?s=20

BuT BTc ISn'T PRImARiLY FoR cRiMiNAl aCTivITy

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

pmchem posted:

I know I ragged on BTC talk in this thread earlier, but this is too good not to post:

no, it's solely for criminal activity

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
all news is good news for btc lol. also not really surprised to see it climbing back up to 40k

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

pmchem posted:

Regulatory risk is almost always in SEC filings for a reason.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

pmchem posted:

Haha oh man, well..... I was told it didn't have any real world value and you couldn't actually *do* anything with it? Who's been lying to me!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Finally, the proof of concept that bitcoin is the future of money!

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

I don't get how "BTC IS FOR ILLEGAL THINGS" is valid as a criticism when dollar bills are also used for illegal things all the time

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's not even accurate. BTC transactions are inherently traceable. Weird libertarian dudes think they've cheated the system by hiring their hitman with Doge Coins but it turns out the laws of the country you inhabit are relevant even if you didn't spend US Dollars on the crime

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the year is 2021 and i am absolutely gripped by regret and fomo, and yet, the "diamond hands" techniques that failed me in day trading are persevering to keep my hard earned freebie greenbacks in indexes ..............

Baddog
May 12, 2001

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's not even accurate. BTC transactions are inherently traceable. Weird libertarian dudes think they've cheated the system by hiring their hitman with Doge Coins but it turns out the laws of the country you inhabit are relevant even if you didn't spend US Dollars on the crime

I mean, I wish we could find out who stole all those mtgox bitcoins, but it does in fact turn out to be somewhat difficult if the person isn't a complete dumbass.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Baddog posted:

I mean, I wish we could find out who stole all those mtgox bitcoins, but it does in fact turn out to be somewhat difficult if the person isn't a complete dumbass.

Is the mtgox fiasco supposed to illustrate that crypto is good, in some way??

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

pmchem posted:

I mean, I thought BTC was a failure because it's a speculation object akin to a collectible and not a currency as it was meant to be but now you're telling me I can buy services with it???

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

AngryBooch posted:

I mean, I thought BTC was a failure because it's a speculation object akin to a collectible and not a currency as it was meant to be but now you're telling me I can buy services with it???

I mean you can buy things with Super Man #1 comics and stuff. Anything big ticket collectable is tradable for all sorts of random stuff.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

oh no I've been hoisted on my own petard

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

pixaal posted:

I mean you can buy things with Super Man #1 comics and stuff. Anything big ticket collectable is tradable for all sorts of random stuff.

I tried to buy Christmas gifts with my playset of foil Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath after it was banned in standard and was unsuccessful. I wonder if I could have bought a coup attempt in a small Caribbean island nation.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Pawn Stars lowballed me on my signed Babe Ruth baseball card in PSA 7-near mint condition so I traded it to orchestrate the assassination of a rival afghan tribal warlord

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

/s Mt Gox shows that bitcoin is working as intended. Your wallet is your personal responsibility.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's good because if I learned how to hack stuff I'd steal the poo poo out of everyone's bitcoins. Just imagine if coinbase or whatever big btc holder is the next.

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.

DoubleT2172 posted:

I don't get how "BTC IS FOR ILLEGAL THINGS" is valid as a criticism when dollar bills are also used for illegal things all the time

This bro gets it and is thinking in four dimensions.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Take assassin payment in gold, use a wad of dollar bills to bludgeon the victim to death, spend the murder weapon away.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Smythe posted:

the year is 2021 and i am absolutely gripped by regret and fomo, and yet, the "diamond hands" techniques that failed me in day trading are persevering to keep my hard earned freebie greenbacks in indexes ..............

join spac crew, comrade

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Bitcoin is gold, but without any industrial or commercial application and a more significant regulatory risk. Good luck to goons profiting on it, though.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Oh my god my AAL calls are in the green again.

CCL get your rear end in gear.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

GHIV launching

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

thats not candy posted:

join spac crew, comrade

Spac crew? Did somebody say SPAC crew?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

GHIV launching

I''ll take it, though not sure what the catalyst is. It might be the Atlas Trading FURUs pumping it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i bought a bunch of ARK poo poo and its hauling rear end pretty good. no huge yolo poo poo but i tanked my money trying to actively trade it, lost like half or some poo poo lol. anyways i dumped it in these ark funds and now im in da green boys. not bad reckon. im excited for the new space one, too. cathie is making me money.