Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hal is better than cartoon John, but if they used comic John instead and just banked on his popularity from the cartoon that would have been best.

Instead they turned comic John into boring cartoon John for years and didn't use him anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Teen Titans Go! Cyborg best Cyborg. Just eating pie and loving prog rock.

Doom Patrol Cyborg is up there.

I feel bad for Fisher because he got screwed so hard but unless the Snyder Cut is a miracle he is the worse live action Cyborg.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm glad ray won't let up, but I hope he's still able to find work somewhere after all this

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

site posted:

I'm glad ray won't let up, but I hope he's still able to find work somewhere after all this

yeah same

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phylodox posted:

Isn't a minor part of this stuff that Fisher hated even the tiny nod to that version that made it into the reboots?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He didn't want to say booyah because he thought Teen Titans Cyborg was just the black friend with a catchphrase.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Guess he never saw the really good Cyborg episodes where he infiltrated HIVE and later founded Titans East and had that big Brother Blood fight, then.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Aphrodite posted:

Show the Galactass, Marvel.

COWARDS!!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Also obsessed with 80s TV.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm actually super ready for MCU Galactus. Phoenix I'm cold on after Fox tried and failed twice, but I don't have the same energy for Galactus after the bombed Silver Surfer movie from years back. Those panels are super rad.

No version of Hal Jordan is better than John Stewart.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1349766193255768066?s=19

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I assume he'll be Old Man Rogers in Captain Marvel 2 or something to officially make her leader of the Avengers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Maybe he did a cameo in Black Widow? Or another PSA video for the new Spider-Man?

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Maybe he did a cameo in Black Widow? Or another PSA video for the new Spider-Man?

Black Widow has been done filming for a while now, this seems like new news.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Don't care how or why but I'll take it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

X-O posted:

Don't care how or why but I'll take it.

This is how we end with them adapting the hydra-cap story

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is how we end with them adapting the hydra-cap story

I think Evans is on record as hating that story so it seems unlikely.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's floated in that thread as maybe showing up in multiverse of madness as an au cap which sounds possible

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

America's rear end vs. Galactus' rear end, you heard it here first.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The WandaVision review embargo is up and it's good, folks

https://tv.avclub.com/disney-s-wandavision-unleashes-the-weird-untapped-pow-1846054121

https://www.polygon.com/disney-plus/2021/1/14/22230679/wandavision-review-marvel

https://www.vulture.com/2021/01/review-of-disney-marvel-show-wandavision.html

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

During a climactic battle in Guardians 3, the screen pauses, Old Man Steve shuffles into the shot, looks to the camera, says, "I created an alternate timeline where me and Peggy fixed all the horrors of post-World War II history. I didn't lay low in this continuity and let all the atrocities happen. Jesus, people," then walks away and the movie continues.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Chris Evans takes over for Stan Lee.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I feel bad that Fisher got fired from the Flash film, but on the plus side, he doesn't have to be in a Flash film with Erza Miller.

Also, what does "A>E" mean?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Accountability > Entertainment

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cap for Deadpool 3

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Cap for Deadpool 3

Evans would have a ball, he's so good at comedy.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This is probably the single worst priority to have in context of, well, everything, but I am also a little kinda sad that Justice League 2 just seems less and less likely to happen with every passing everything. Not that it was ever all that likely in the first place, but at least there had been a little hope.

So anyway, just in time for WandaVision coming out tonight/tomorrow, I managed to get out my spicy hot deep dive of Doctor Strange out, which I think everyone agrees is the most discussed superhero film of all time~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WsrnN-MOgM

get these highly anticipated takes while they're still piping lukewarm

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Retro Futurist posted:

Cap for Deadpool 3
That would be incredible

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ImpAtom posted:

Doom Patrol Cyborg is up there.

I feel bad for Fisher because he got screwed so hard but unless the Snyder Cut is a miracle he is the worse live action Cyborg.

He got all his scenes reshot

Also goddamn why are these people like this.

https://twitter.com/jjmcook/status/1349632443037356034?s=20

gently caress this guy

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He... thought people would go after a guy who praises the person they like?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't really know what to make of the Fisher stuff except it sounds like he was in a very uncomfortable position that was terribly mismanaged either intentionally or through a complete and total lack of concern or understanding. Also that it feels icky how this keeps getting tied to Zach Snyder and his Justice League. Positive, negative, whatever. Its weird and feels opportunistic and like the white guy's issues are bigger than the black guy's or something. I dunno.

On more positive news, WandaVision!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Who is that guy and why should I care about his mildly weird tweet

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

MH Knights posted:

Chris Evans takes over for Stan Lee.

Oh man I would be delighted with that.

Retro Futurist posted:

Cap for Deadpool 3

Or that.

Have him be both the cap AND the human torch in Deadpool 3.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cap returns to say "Yes, I unburied the other me, you loving nerds" and then he and Hugh Jackman do an Invaders series on Disney+ that intros Namor.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
AU Steve Rogers where he's the love interest to Peggy Carter Cap

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MCU Cap likes to watch.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Welp

https://twitter.com/chrisevans/status/1349835808497229824?s=21

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm kind of operating under the assumption that MCU contracts say you gotta deny you're in it until they announce it because haven't we had like 2-4 recent casting things where the actor denied it and then it turned out true?

I mean, I don't know if Evans is gonna be in a future MCU project but I'd bet money he will be if there's not already something filmed/written/planned.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's already slumming it in Adam McKay comedies, he'll go back eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I mean, maybe he'll never do a full feature again or something (but I wouldn't bet on it) but at the very least I can't imagine he won't take the easy money and exposure of cameos.