Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Like a non mall sbarro?

Yeah, its not a standalone, its in like a mini-foodmall type setup, so it shares the space with the Pollo Tropical. Its also one of those bootleg Pollo's that you can't get reward points for or redeem them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I'm shocked whenever a subway exists in PA because sheetz and wawa are everywhere and much better

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Yeah, its not a standalone, its in like a mini-foodmall type setup, so it shares the space with the Pollo Tropical. Its also one of those bootleg Pollo's that you can't get reward points for or redeem them.

pollo tropical is the loving bomb dick

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Like a non mall sbarro?

Those exist?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FizFashizzle posted:

that was literally the est part of the book?!?

I think I meant getting to the plague part. Like I felt I didn’t need all of Fran and Larry’s backstory for example. I did like once the plague got rolling, but it seemed to take a long time to get there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/ronmarz/status/1349899223353929730?s=20

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Yeah between that and Harley Quinn Kaley Cuoco has had a fairly impressive career post Big Bang, when she could probably have completely retired on the residuals.

Oh yeah I forgot she was in HQ, that was great too

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Samadhi posted:

Those exist?

Airports I guess?

e: actually on reflection I think those are Famous Famiglia that I’ve seen

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Samadhi posted:

Those exist?

Apparently!

Its like driving around and seeing an orange julius

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

Its time for me to buy a new chair. My current one was a free one I got off offerup because it had a coffee stain on it, but my posture is slouching.

Anyone have ideas? I'm entertaining the idea of gamer chairs as well since they seem to be a cheaper option for ergonomics.

My back pull is annoying as heck. I'm stretching it, using my shiatsu massager as well as icy hot, yoga, still tight :(

Late, but check ebay for steelcase leaps. I picked up a V1 for $200 shipped.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Qwijib0 posted:

Late, but check ebay for steelcase leaps. I picked up a V1 for $200 shipped.

They kind of suck OP, but also are pretty good for $200 if you can get it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think I meant getting to the plague part. Like I felt I didn’t need all of Fran and Larry’s backstory for example. I did like once the plague got rolling, but it seemed to take a long time to get there.

King can be a bit wordy. Just slightly. :)

But yeah, I love the Stand too.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Randall Flagg is the most interesting part of the story and I wish we got more snippets of his fuckery.

Fran annoys the poo poo out of me for some reason.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I have a steelcase leap used. It’s pretty good and for the price ($300) can’t really be beat.

But, I don’t know, it’s not perfect. I was expecting more because I was switching from a crappy $90 chair.

These things retail $2k... I was hoping for a more life changing chair.

I stan for leaps. I've had one in the office for a decade now. It took me a couple weeks to get mine adjusted when I first got it, but this is my forever chair.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Randall Flagg is the most interesting part of the story and I wish we got more snippets of his fuckery.

Fran annoys the poo poo out of me for some reason.

Agree with that. I wish they spent a little more time in Vegas. Flagg disappeared for huge chunks of time.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Agree with that. I wish they spent a little more time in Vegas. Flagg disappeared for huge chunks of time.

I mean, he may not have been as interesting with more story--it helped build a lot of intrigue. But still. The Vegas scenes--especially showcasing his reckless fury--were really intense.

I know also that Fran was written in a different time, but she always seemed a little too poetic like some weird 70s saccharin movie character. Turned me the gently caress off.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

pollo tropical is the loving bomb dick

I love Pollo Tropical, its one of my fave fast food places. Its just the one on our campus is independently owned or something, so they don't participate in the nationwide stuff like getting rewards points or the specials. Also, they are a like a dollar or two more on most items.

I had a Grillmaster Trio last night as matter of fact.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

that was literally the est part of the book?!?

I can still remember the part of The Stand where it was going through a bunch of people that survived Captain Tripps but then died of some other random thing.

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Apparently!

Its like driving around and seeing an orange julius
There was an Orange Julius in a gas station on the middle of the desert gently caress-all stretch of I-40 in California. Oddest thing.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jan 15, 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Baked Alaska is the most incompetent part of a movement that includes Laura Loomer

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I always forget Harold tries to go by Hawk in the Boulder Free Zone everytime until I reread it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Intruder posted:

Baked Alaska is the most incompetent part of a movement that includes Laura Loomer

Jacob Wuhl would like to have a word. In fact he found a former Clinton staffer to say it for him, just don't put any effort into confirming anything he says.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

swickles posted:

Jacob Wuhl would like to have a word. In fact he found a former Clinton staffer actor off Craigslist to say it for him, just don't put any effort into confirming anything he says.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

CannonFodder posted:

I can still remember the part of The Stand where it was going through a bunch of people that survived Captain Tripps but then died of some other random thing.

No great loss.

bobjr posted:

I always forget Harold tries to go by Hawk in the Boulder Free Zone everytime until I reread it.

The gooniest goon who ever gooned in literature.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Trashcan Man is the most memorable part of The Stand for me

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

swickles posted:

Jacob Wuhl would like to have a word. In fact he found a former Clinton staffer to say it for him, just don't put any effort into confirming anything he says.

Baked Alaska is far less successful than Wohl, who constantly gets attention, the thing he seeks. Baked Alaska runs around livestreaming himself doing edgelord poo poo and nobody cares

By effort to results ratio, Ali Alexander is pretty far up there too

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

D-LINK posted:

As a father of a child with mercurial appetites, I refer to myself as Trashcan Man (or TCM) as I demolish leftovers almost daily.

My wife has never read The Stand and thus has minimal context (I tried to explain him lol oops), but dutifully laughs every time.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Baked Alaska spent like 8 hours filming in the parking lot of a Taco Bell ranting about being deplatformed on twitter and not one single person gave a poo poo

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/MilesKlee/status/1349795165494337536?s=20

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Man, we get a spy-bird all the way over there and it's detected like immediately what a waste.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

D-LINK posted:

The chapter with Trashcan Man and The Kid is going to stick with me for a while.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The most memorable part of the stand to me now is the when civilization is in full collapse and some guys are executing soldiers on the set of some gameshow.

Also Trashcan Man's very bad time with The Kid.

I've watched the original miniseries too many times now, so it's impossible for me to picture Tom Cullen as anyone but Dauber.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The chapter with Trashcan Man and The Kid is going to stick with me for a while.

Kalli posted:

The most memorable part of the stand to me now is the when civilization is in full collapse and some guys are executing soldiers on the set of some gameshow.

Also Trashcan Man's very bad time with The Kid.

King does a really good job with the disturbing imagery of people just broken by the savagery of their new world.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

CannonFodder posted:

That part fascinated me as well because it wasn't even necessarily other random things, iirc most if not all was about people succumbing to their own fears and paranoia and dying meaninglessly as a result

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Manoueverable posted:

That part fascinated me as well because it wasn't even necessarily other random things, iirc most if not all was about people succumbing to their own fears and paranoia and dying meaninglessly as a result

Or when Larry realizes he had been careless on a motorcycle and no one would be there to help him if he hurt himself.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/chick_in_kiev/status/1349903561430335491

:toot:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are there any movies that don’t do the trope of the clearly out of his element superior officer/manager being cocky and not listening to the guy who clearly knows what he’s talking about?

Like the manager or whoever just goes yeah so seem to know way you’re doing what should we do?

I’m watching Rampage and there’s a scene where military guy meets, with introductions, the two people that are described as the ones that know more than anyone on the planet about what’s going on and the military guy goes yeah gently caress that arrest them

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Baked Alaska is far less successful than Wohl, who constantly gets attention, the thing he seeks. Baked Alaska runs around livestreaming himself doing edgelord poo poo and nobody cares

By effort to results ratio, Ali Alexander is pretty far up there too

Baked Alaska is a loving fed

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Are there any movies that don’t do the trope of the clearly out of his element superior officer/manager being cocky and not listening to the guy who clearly knows what he’s talking about?

Like the manager or whoever just goes yeah so seem to know way you’re doing what should we do?

I’m watching Rampage and there’s a scene where military guy meets, with introductions, the two people that are described as the ones that know more than anyone on the planet about what’s going on and the military guy goes yeah gently caress that arrest them

The pandemic has me re-evaluating a lot of movie tropes that I initially wrote off as completely unrealistic. I owe a lot of apologies. To the writers of a screenplay where a scientist is trying desperately to warn the authorities about some impending doom and they ignore him because its bad for approval ratings, I am sorry. You were right. To the zombie movie writers where a person bitten hides it and puts everyone else in danger, I am sorry ten times over. Also to the writers of National Treasure, after the events of the last two weeks I think you oversold how difficult it would be for white people to steal the Declaration of Independence. Cage and Bartha could have just worn MAGA caps and waltzed out with it no problem, you guys got a little too fancy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

The pandemic has me re-evaluating a lot of movie tropes that I initially wrote off as completely unrealistic. I owe a lot of apologies. To the writers of a screenplay where a scientist is trying desperately to warn the authorities about some impending doom and they ignore him because its bad for approval ratings, I am sorry. You were right. To the zombie movie writers where a person bitten hides it and puts everyone else in danger, I am sorry ten times over. Also to the writers of National Treasure, after the events of the last two weeks I think you oversold how difficult it would be for white people to steal the Declaration of Independence. Cage and Bartha could have just worn MAGA caps and waltzed out with it no problem, you guys got a little too fancy.

Yeah there is no cinematic plot mechanism too dumb. The US has proven it. Satire is dead. Et cetera. Ad nauseam.

I guess its a win that we can forever suspend disbelief when Hollywood roars back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

You know what that’s fair this is exactly what would happen