Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I have like 100 stones left, would they be better spent on the Frieza banner or as far on the step-up as I can go again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

New Leaf posted:

I have like 100 stones left, would they be better spent on the Frieza banner or as far on the step-up as I can go again?

For you? Step up. It'll be up all month so you should be able to grind enough stones to finish ar least one more rotation

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

step ups give you such a wide variety now that 3 of the steps are category leaders it'd be crazy not to

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I got owned hard by the step-up, only two category leads that weren't rainbowed. I've pulled so many SSBE Vegetas....

thanks for the refund, dokkan.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

a neat cape posted:

For you? Step up. It'll be up all month so you should be able to grind enough stones to finish ar least one more rotation

Well gently caress yeah. Demon King Piccolo, SSJ3 Bardock, and PHY Broly!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

When you're building up a character, do you prioritize dupes for Super level or Awakening gates?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

New Leaf posted:

When you're building up a character, do you prioritize dupes for Super level or Awakening gates?

Always awakening gates. Some units have farmable supers and Kai's are easier to get than dupes.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
My understanding is that for awakening gates you generally want to go SE, NW, NE, SW for unlock order as well.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I was curious about that too, thanks!

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

My understanding is that for awakening gates you generally want to go SE, NW, NE, SW for unlock order as well.

This is the order for anything you should be throwing your kais at (which is any LR or EZA or top tier category lead), but for other rando stuff just go NW first, then NE. By the time you have a third dupe for SE, then you should have a good enough unit to consider throwing SA levels on.

It's better to have NW fully unlocked than be fishing for SA to be able to fill SE.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Is anyone else having trouble with the new update?

Google Play says I have the latest version, but when I start the app and get the usual "you need to download new game data", after I click download, it just... doesn't.

It scrolls through all the LR art and the Master Roshi's tips screens, but no matter how long it sits and no matter how good my cell service is, it doesn't download anything at all. It doesn't even give me the Update Failed message.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I was working on PHY Krillin last night and now his event is locked. Is that only a Friday thing? I'm kinda bummed, Krillin is my favorite.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

New Leaf posted:

I was working on PHY Krillin last night and now his event is locked. Is that only a Friday thing? I'm kinda bummed, Krillin is my favorite.

Prime Battles and Dokkan Events run on a set schedule based on the type/class of the featured prime-LR or dokkanfest-exclusive character. AGL Mon, TEQ Tues, INT Wed, STR Thurs, PHY Fri, all Extremes Sat, all Supers Sun. So that Krillin will be available every Fri and Sun.

Also with Dokkan events featuring multiple types for the same character, all relevant days will apply. So for example because there are TEQ, INT and STR versions of Perfect Cell that are DFEs, his event runs Tues/Wed/Thurs, plus Sat.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

CidGregor posted:

Prime Battles and Dokkan Events run on a set schedule based on the type/class of the featured prime-LR or dokkanfest-exclusive character. AGL Mon, TEQ Tues, INT Wed, STR Thurs, PHY Fri, all Extremes Sat, all Supers Sun. So that Krillin will be available every Fri and Sun.

Also with Dokkan events featuring multiple types for the same character, all relevant days will apply. So for example because there are TEQ, INT and STR versions of Perfect Cell that are DFEs, his event runs Tues/Wed/Thurs, plus Sat.

Ahh got it. There's SO loving MANY events going on right now I barely know where to start. If I didn't already sort of know what I was doing from playing forever ago I'd be completely lost.

I pulled the dual Caulifla/Kale card, plus I finished up the TEQ Frieza/what's-his-face-laser-ring-guy, plus a Goku/Vegeta, Trunks/Goten/Marron, and Great Saiyaman 1 & 2. Need to start a team-up group!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Why the gently caress doesn't LR Goku have any ties to the rest of his family like kid Gohan or Pan? And why aren't the Saiyan armor Krillin and Gohan considered "Namek Saga"?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

you'll have to be more specific

also the r krillin and sr gohan are namek saga but i can't verify it in game

Aurora fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 10, 2021

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

gently caress you're right, I had a filter on.

I was talking about OG LR Goku though, the TEQ one.. he doesn't link to that farmable Namek Gohan at all.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

a lot of the time super saiyans will only link well with other super saiyans

links in general are a weird mess

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Aurora posted:

a lot of the time super saiyans will only link well with other super saiyans

links in general are a weird mess

Yeah, categories make a little more sense, but they're definitely reaching for some of those category types.

I still think LR Krillin should count as a Revenge character, dammit.
Or poo poo, give us a Voiced by Sonny Strait" category so I can buddy him and Bardock up that way

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Aurora posted:

you'll have to be more specific

also the r krillin and sr gohan are namek saga but i can't verify it in game

Every time I see that drat LR AGL Goku I think it's Bardock.

e: Managed to work through some more SBR stages - Youth, Movie Heroes. I need to find an event to farm with my unused stamina.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, the EZA on LR SSJ Goku really neuters the LR farm events. Not complaining, but like, you don't even need a working second leader to handle Trunks or Vegeta.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Anyone having much luck with the "200% Perfect" event? The missions want you to beat it within two turns but I've yet to manage it in anything less than 4.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

CidGregor posted:

Anyone having much luck with the "200% Perfect" event? The missions want you to beat it within two turns but I've yet to manage it in anything less than 4.

I was able to beat it in two turns, thanks to getting some good rng (crita and addsitonals) with 100% PHY Kefla and EZA Kale. Using candy Vegito as the lead, and Whirrus and he SSB Goku as Orb changers and Kid Buu as support. It took a lot of tries though and thankfully I didn't run out of Dabura cookies.

I also got lucky over the weekend and beat the No Item Potential Orb punching bag event.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Cozz posted:

I was able to beat it in two turns, thanks to getting some good rng (crita and addsitonals) with 100% PHY Kefla and EZA Kale. Using candy Vegito as the lead, and Whirrus and he SSB Goku as Orb changers and Kid Buu as support. It took a lot of tries though and thankfully I didn't run out of Dabura cookies.

Goddamn, this worked first friggin try, thanks! I was beating my head against the wall out of absolute certainty that LR Kale/Caulifla on a U6 team was the way to do it. I guess I saw all the nuker leaders explicitly disallowed and didn't even think about it as an option, let alone that Candy Vegito wasn't on the banned list.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm kind of overwhelmed by just how many units there are these days.. and just how many I have banked from before. I'm starting to stockpile a few Grand and Old Kais through various means. Who is even worth spending them on? Should I burn enough to get Str LR Zamasu's Super to 10 (at 15 currently from burning others..)? I don't even know how to talk about who I have these days.. There's just so many characters out there.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I'm kind of overwhelmed by just how many units there are these days.. and just how many I have banked from before. I'm starting to stockpile a few Grand and Old Kais through various means. Who is even worth spending them on? Should I burn enough to get Str LR Zamasu's Super to 10 (at 15 currently from burning others..)? I don't even know how to talk about who I have these days.. There's just so many characters out there.

STR LR Zamasu is a bad choice because he's a free-to-play, grindable card, you can farm all the copies you would need from his story event to get him to SA10 (and then 20, and then 25, because LR EZAs are a thing now). If you missed out on it on the last run, just make that a priority to grind next time it becomes available, or use story keys if you REALLY want it super badly. But don't use Kais.

That's pretty much the metric you want to go by: use kais on characters who DON'T have a same-name grindable version in some story event somewhere. So like, any card that starts as a generic Goku or Vegeta you can grind out easily from the DBS Broly story event, for example, but the four Goku/Vegeta team-up cards are all different, distinct names not found anywhere else, and only available in dokkanfest summons, so you could safely use Kais on them.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 15, 2021

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

But you basically have to farm and Dokkan them once to get a 50% chance right? That's kind of depressing haha..

I do have one of the team up cards, I'll work on them.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

New Leaf posted:

But you basically have to farm and Dokkan them once to get a 50% chance right? That's kind of depressing haha..

I do have one of the team up cards, I'll work on them.

Okay, so, if it's the *exact same card*, you are 100% guaranteed to get the SA level. If you've already dokkan-awakened STR LR Zamasu, you can use an Incredible Hourglass (or 2 of them if he's in LR form already) to temporarily reverse him back to his base form so that you can do this without having to awaken your extra copies. Also, again only if it's the exact same card, you're guaranteed to get ALL the SA levels attached to it; so if your Zamasu is at SA10, and then you awaken him to his LR form where his SA cap is raised to 20, you could farm up a second copy of the card to SA10, awaken him to LR form, and then train him into your original copy, and all ten SA levels will train over from that single card, guaranteed. And then once you go through his EZA and raise his cap to 25, you could do this all AGAIN, raising a third copy at SA5 until he's at LR form, and then training it into the original card to give him the final 5 SA levels. All without burning a single Kai.

Now, if it's not the exact same card, but it has the same name, it gets a little trickier, but TLDR it's all based on the current rarity tier of both cards. So let's say you want to get this SSR Goku to SA10. As I mentioned above, you can farm THIS Goku from the DBS Broly story event. (there's a couple of other farmable Gokus, but I'll just use this one for the sake of example.) Because he's also an SSR, you will have a 50% chance per copy of raising your base Goku's SA by one, no other training or awakening involved. If you train up the farm copies to level 80 and Z-awaken them to UR before you train them into your base Goku, this jumps it to a 100% chance per copy to raise SA by one. I wouldn't recommend this as a general rule because a free coinflip per copy is pretty good odds, but if like you're stuck at 9/10 and keep missing that last coinflip, or are running out of stamina and don't want to grind the story event anymore, then it's totally reasonable to do this for the last copy.

However, if you dokkan awaken your Goku card to his next form, the math changes dramatically for the worse; each individual copy of your farming Goku would have like a 5% chance to raise your SA level, and Z-awakening it might bring it to like, 30%. Furthermore, if say we were talking about trying to level up THIS Goku instead, if you were to dokkan awaken him, his name changes to Super Saiyan Goku, and the farming card will no longer work on him at all!

So basically if you have a farmable card, do the farming with your card at the lowest-possible rarity tier to maximize your chances.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jan 15, 2021

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, it really depends on what card is being used for raising SA. If it's a SSR from an event with a boost category, it's gravy. Just SSR is fine, but anything where I have to Dokkan the card I'm farming is right out, I never have any Zeni, so screw burning it on Z-Awakenings I don't need.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
LR Jiren is dropping on the 18th. Along with the toppo and dyspo EZA

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

CidGregor posted:

Okay, so, if it's the *exact same card*, you are 100% guaranteed to get the SA level. If you've already dokkan-awakened STR LR Zamasu, you can use an Incredible Hourglass (or 2 of them if he's in LR form already) to temporarily reverse him back to his base form so that you can do this without having to awaken your extra copies. Also, again only if it's the exact same card, you're guaranteed to get ALL the SA levels attached to it; so if your Zamasu is at SA10, and then you awaken him to his LR form where his SA cap is raised to 20, you could farm up a second copy of the card to SA10, awaken him to LR form, and then train him into your original copy, and all ten SA levels will train over from that single card, guaranteed. And then once you go through his EZA and raise his cap to 25, you could do this all AGAIN, raising a third copy at SA5 until he's at LR form, and then training it into the original card to give him the final 5 SA levels. All without burning a single Kai.

Now, if it's not the exact same card, but it has the same name, it gets a little trickier, but TLDR it's all based on the current rarity tier of both cards. So let's say you want to get this SSR Goku to SA10. As I mentioned above, you can farm THIS Goku from the DBS Broly story event. (there's a couple of other farmable Gokus, but I'll just use this one for the sake of example.) Because he's also an SSR, you will have a 50% chance per copy of raising your base Goku's SA by one, no other training or awakening involved. If you train up the farm copies to level 80 and Z-awaken them to UR before you train them into your base Goku, this jumps it to a 100% chance per copy to raise SA by one. I wouldn't recommend this as a general rule because a free coinflip per copy is pretty good odds, but if like you're stuck at 9/10 and keep missing that last coinflip, or are running out of stamina and don't want to grind the story event anymore, then it's totally reasonable to do this for the last copy.

However, if you dokkan awaken your Goku card to his next form, the math changes dramatically for the worse; each individual copy of your farming Goku would have like a 5% chance to raise your SA level, and Z-awakening it might bring it to like, 30%. Furthermore, if say we were talking about trying to level up THIS Goku instead, if you were to dokkan awaken him, his name changes to Super Saiyan Goku, and the farming card will no longer work on him at all!

So basically if you have a farmable card, do the farming with your card at the lowest-possible rarity tier to maximize your chances.

Oh poo poo I didn't realize they took the super level from the training partner if they were identical, I figured it was 1:1. That changes things. Thanks for the detailed information! Going to save this.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Can someone remind me where the gently caress I farm potential orbs?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Can someone remind me where the gently caress I farm potential orbs?

You can't really "farm" potential orbs, unfortunately. Bamco hands them out semi-frequently as login rewards, or in big "1st place in the app store" rewards, and sometimes they're an option for treasure trade-ins at Baba's Shop, but other than that, under normal circumstances you can only pick up potential orbs from their Growth missions Mon-Fri, one attempt per day, on the same color rotation I mentioned earlier. Some celebrations will open all five on the weekends as well for one more attempt per day each, but that's not really frequent enough to rely on. It's basically a slow and steady trickle over time.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Blargh, that sucks.. Oh well, maybe I shouldn't be so blase about who I use them on.

Also, I really wish there was a way to go from the Awakening medal description to a page of everyone who utilizes it. Seems like that would make a lot of sense to implement.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Blargh, that sucks.. Oh well, maybe I shouldn't be so blase about who I use them on.

Also, I really wish there was a way to go from the Awakening medal description to a page of everyone who utilizes it. Seems like that would make a lot of sense to implement.

If we're talking about awakening medals you get from dokkan events or story events, Bamco is pretty good about listing all the relevant characters in that specific story event's info page. Otherwise, the Dokkan Battle Wiki is your friend.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

CidGregor posted:

If we're talking about awakening medals you get from dokkan events or story events, Bamco is pretty good about listing all the relevant characters in that specific story event's info page. Otherwise, the Dokkan Battle Wiki is your friend.

Yeah I just imagined kind of a reverse of the Dokkan Awakening page so you can see the highlighted the characters you have related to the medal and see if you even have them or how far along they are. Coming from a long hiatus I just see the info pages and can't remember if I even have those characters and if I've already dokkaned them or not.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Yeah I just imagined kind of a reverse of the Dokkan Awakening page so you can see the highlighted the characters you have related to the medal and see if you even have them or how far along they are. Coming from a long hiatus I just see the info pages and can't remember if I even have those characters and if I've already dokkaned them or not.

As a filter on the Dokkan Awakening menu, you can see who you have acquired and who you don't have, and how far along they are on the Dokkan Awakening path.

Also, for those who have zeni issues, you can do EZA's past level 30 for Hercule statues. I believe AGL Broly is pretty easy to get up to the 100's.

I will hit rank 999 this week. hooray?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm cheerin for Jiren!!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I pulled on the Jiren banner and got a Legendary!

It was Mighty Mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

700 stones and no Jiren but I crossed the coin threshold to buy him down the road so it's all good