Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zzulu posted:

We have always had a lot of furries / bronies etc on this website

I don't know what it is about SA that attracts them so

Funny jokes, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Funny jokes, probably.

something like that.

Also we're a pretty inclusive community all in all, it's been a long time since we had Helldump, and we tend to only mock people for their terrible posting, not for irrelevant crap.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Columbus and Franklin County Metro Parks were in contract to buy the course for $1.8 million earlier this year and planned to turn it into a park.

That didn’t sit well with neighbors—including the Wallakes—in the nearby Villages of Westchester, a development of about 900 homes whose owners had paid premium prices to live near the course.

In fact, the Wallakes had just built a home near the 16th green.

“I was ready to walk away from my house,” Bryan Wallake said. “A lot of people were concerned about their property values. We were hearing they could drop by 20 percent.”

necroid
May 14, 2009

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Breakfast All Day posted:

being a furry without the sex thing is stealing velour

great googly moogly

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Oh no the city is investing a ton of money and resources into revamping and beautifying the area around our house, that might lower property values!!!!!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
parks let the poors in, it’s why my city consistently votes against public transportation.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

loving hell, this is infuriating

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why would a huge park next to your house lower property values compared to an inaccessible golf course?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

Why would a huge park next to your house lower property values compared to an inaccessible golf course?

you can't kick bums out of a public park as easily as you can kick them out of a private golf course

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Fame Douglas posted:

are you asking why would something freely available for public use have a lower price tag on it than an expensive private club? the whole fuckin point is that we teeming proles are filth to be avoided

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

World War Mammories posted:

are you asking why would something freely available for public use have a lower price tag on it than an expensive private club? the whole fuckin point is that we teeming proles are filth to be avoided

I mean to the properties next to it. I'd rather live next to a park than a golf course, seems way better.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fame Douglas posted:

I mean to the properties next to it. I'd rather live next to a park than a golf course, seems way better.

I am genuinely surprised that you don't GET upper middle class sensibilities by now

Parks have POOR PEOPLE which means CRIME and EYESORES

The closer you are to a place where you can't be arrested for being poor, the lower your property values

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also it wouldn't actually affect property values at all and it's all code for "poor people and minorities might show up"

World War Mammories posted:

If you can buy the entire thing for $1.7M it is absolutely not an expensive private club and was a trash golf course on worthless land to begin with which makes this extra stupid.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Like the only place this could conceivably lower property values is if it were in one of the old people corrals out in the swamp in Florida, I can't imagine anyone who actually wants to live in a house (rather than die in a house) caring that much.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Also, if it was about value, either the houses are worth well above 10 million or shelling out 1.7 million is exceptionally dumb. It's about not having as public park because it surely will be overrun with "urban youths" in no time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://www.thisweeknews.com/story/news/local/canal-winchester/2020/12/17/canal-winchester-couple-buys-westchester-golf-course/3937694001/

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

the commons must stay enclosed

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

inferis posted:

so now they think bds is good????

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

VomitOnLino posted:

Shut up lib, I know you and your “thoughts” are basically worthless.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
go away paulie socks or at least regenerate into a better version

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Weatherman posted:

go away paulie socks or at least regenerate into a better version

Shut up lib, I know you and your “thoughts” are basically worthless.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Fame Douglas posted:

living next to a golf course is a good way to ensure that no one is gonna be within a mile of your house, except for age 50+ well-off white dudes bored enough to need an excuse to walk around drunk in the middle of the day. which is basically the only demographic that's acceptable to the kind of people who talk about suburban property values

parks, on the other hand, might play host to teenagers, homeless people, and people who can't afford a McMansion with a sizeable yard. people start dialing the cops if they see any of those groups within a fuckin mile of a golf course

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

"loitering"

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The purpose of golf clubs is to justify private ownership of large swathes of land that would otherwise remain undeveloped in order to keep minorities away. It's actually purely a racial thing; whites do have an understanding that at one point their ancestors were poor, so they do have some empathy for poor white people as long as they're hard working and don't do crime.

e: After all, someone they trust has to man the gates.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

lol Canal Winchester isn’t even one of the richer trendy suburbs of Columbus. probably would get kicked out of the real wealthy areas for being too poor

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

lol every golf course I've seen that looks like this is built on literal covered over garbage dumps / coal mine pits

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Peanut President posted:

lol every golf course I've seen that looks like this is built on literal covered over garbage dumps / coal mine pits

well that's just good land use

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Peanut President posted:

better to build the golf course over a volcano, that also happens to have a windmill nearby, and also a medieval castle

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

human garbage bag posted:

whites do have an understanding that at one point their ancestors were poor, so they do have some empathy for poor white people as long as they're hard working and don't do crime.

They got a real funny way of showing it if true

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

They got a real funny way of showing it if true

Eh he's somewhat right that the rich have to trust SOMEONE to man the gates, so they make the myth of a hardworking trustworthy poor white. They won't help that class cos they'd lose the trusted servant but will performatively like perceived members of it. Of course, any empathy disappears when those persons get in any trouble because they obviously stopped working hard enough.

dex_sda has issued a correction as of 12:09 on Jan 14, 2021

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Len posted:

Columbus and Franklin County Metro Parks were in contract to buy the course for $1.8 million earlier this year and planned to turn it into a park.

That didn’t sit well with neighbors—including the Wallakes—in the nearby Villages of Westchester, a development of about 900 homes whose owners had paid premium prices to live near the course.

In fact, the Wallakes had just built a home near the 16th green.

“I was ready to walk away from my house,” Bryan Wallake said. “A lot of people were concerned about their property values. We were hearing they could drop by 20 percent.”

if you live in a normal person house then being next to a park would raise your property values, but if youre in a gated community for millionares then having a public park filled with POORS next to your house would lower it

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/1349643921249472513

lmao, facts haven't changed at all. Reality is just proving what people were saying would happen all along but you were too greedy to give a poo poo about.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I like how it's always explained away as "woops we were wrong!" and nobody who actually matters is able to say "actually you just lied to everyone so you could loot the public"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Inceltown posted:

https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/1349643921249472513

lmao, facts haven't changed at all. Reality is just proving what people were saying would happen all along but you were too greedy to give a poo poo about.

the fact that changed is that the working class had gains that could be stolen. now there's nothing to steal via austerity so they want to turn on the money spigot for the invested class

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

That's not capitalism that's being good at hunting wtf

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Crazycryodude posted:

That's not capitalism that's being good at hunting wtf

Then explain the little hat, smart guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
If you wanted to fire a lot of people, a dolphin would do it without even needing to practice on that crying firing simulator.