Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Draxion posted:

Not totally (at least I don't), but Zhongli mentions that Inazuma is across the ocean from Liyue Harbor. It'd be a little weird to go there next instead of just south or north on the landmass we're currently on, but it does sound like we are.

Beidou's boat came from a recent Inazuma trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ore is so weird in this game. The last four ore prizes for the hypostasis event combine to equal one day of ore crafting: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/8004

Like I can't complain, it's free. But there's so much just lying around for free every day behind a kind of complicated system and most players probably miss out on a lot of it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 15, 2021

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Ideal Ganyu support? Why, that's easy! You just need one other character at C4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7SU6ZL3H6Y

Ytlaya posted:

Do we know the location of the nations?
According to a leaked full world map (the non-playable areas were covered somewhat but their rough locations were outlined):
  • Inazuma is a large set of islands (one big one and 1-2 smaller ones IIRC) SE of Liyue Harbor.
  • Sumeru lies southwest from Liyue across the Chasm, and is sort of due west of Inazuma (there is a narrowish strait between them at one point which may end up being the place we cross from one to the other storywise).
  • Fontaine is sort of west of Monstadt; some of the rivers and lakes in Liyue/Monstadt flow toward a very large lake in the center-north.
  • Natlan is west of Sumeru and southwest of Fontaine; not sure how those all connect.
  • Snez is due north of Natlan and west of Fontaine; it forms basically a rough square on the inland of the continent with Sumeru/Fontaine/Natlan.
  • Khaen'riah is supposedly underground so it's probably a different region.
  • There is some speculation that Celestia is sort of hovering over northern Fontaine, possibly high above the very large lake or north of it. That would roughly match its visible location from Monstadt, but of course the current Celestia is just a 2D texture in the sky so it's kind of hard to really say anything about its physical appearance right now. It's also very unlikely we'll visit it in the Fontaine chapter, so unless something goes down in the plot it's just gonna be hanging out.

No Wave posted:

lol. Bennett broken.
This should just be the thread title.

I'm not even sure why I'm not just building Bennett into my primary carry. Like what's better than slotting Bennett into every party? Just having Bennett be the party.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct3Al9lUYnk

Interesting interaction between Mona ult and freeze.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Tae posted:

Beidou's boat came from a recent Inazuma trip.
Isn't Beidou a pirate? Is she just straight up raiding Inazuma or something?

Actually, what the heck is she even pirating in the first place? It's not like we've heard of a lot of other coastal nations out there.

Nakar posted:

*Map leak stuff.*
The old pre-alpha map that was leaked may not be entirely accurate anymore. However, we know for sure that Celestia is definitely hovering in a nearby region. Someone used one of the infinite flight glitches to break out of the boundary of the map and fly over and up to it from the peak of Dragonspine. They posted a video and a bunch of screenshots of how it looks up close back around when the summit started to get unlocked.

Oneavi posted:

in his dying moments, kurtz imagined a world where archonex spent a fraction of the words and energy creating new and worthwhile art instead of mindfucking themself over a gacha game.

“The horror! The horror!”

That's kind of a prick thing to post. Especially since all I did was literally just take the time to relay the plot of that crap from Honkai, how it was relevant, and didn't do any sort of mindfucking whatsoever, but you do you pal. :shrug:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 15, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

Ore is so weird in this game. The last four ore prizes for the hypostasis event combine to equal one day of ore crafting: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/8004

Like I can't complain, it's free. But there's so much just lying around for free every day behind a kind of complicated system and most players probably miss out on a lot of it.

30 enhancement crystals is the cap for one day of ore crafting, if you spend like 40 minutes running around between all the ore spawns.
Certainly most people are not gonna spend an hour every day grinding ore in genshin

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

As someone who will never play through honkai but is big on the plot details I appreciate the lore dumps, big ups to you fellow goon

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ibblebibble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct3Al9lUYnk

Interesting interaction between Mona ult and freeze.

Oh this is neat. Wonder if it works just as well with Chongyun.

Also I love that there's CharacterMain communities for every character at this point. Yes even Amber. Really shows off how the characters all have their little unique playstyles and can be made to be good if you just really like them enough to put in the effort.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I noticed these Seelies seem to have ears that look like Hilichurl ears

I got the pink one.

Nakar posted:

Ideal Ganyu support? Why, that's easy! You just need one other character at C4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7SU6ZL3H6Y

lmao is the automatic Riptide every 4s from C4 keeping him wet? That's super broken if so.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

zgrowler2 posted:

As someone who will never play through honkai but is big on the plot details I appreciate the lore dumps, big ups to you fellow goon

Me too. Is there a good wiki or youtube channel to fill in the actual details of honkai? Zero desire to play it buy it sounds like it gives good context for stuff in this game.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Ytlaya posted:

I don't see any reason to expect more than a visual resemblance, given Venti just visually resembles Wendy and has a completely different personality.

If I had to predict, I'd expect a character that looks very similar (while not identical) but is otherwise completely distinct.

I generally agree that Genshin Impact will be connected to Honkai in some capacity (it seems pretty undeniable that Honkai energy exists in this setting), but I imagine all characters except for possibly Paimon/"unknown god" will be directly from Honkai in any sort of fashion.

I think there's some basis to predict a visual semblance given Venti very closely resembles a wind-based character in Honkai (that someone posted a screenshot of), but I doubt it'll go beyond that (Venti is a different gender and has a completely different personality than the Honkai character).

As a side note, this is how the latest few events worked in Honkai. An AU that is extremely different from the world Honkai takes places in has similarly named characters with some huge visual differences. Ditto for personality differences, or even background. That Durandal's Pilgrimage event comes to mind. Assuming they're referencing Genshin's Alice (And there were a few joking references in those two events.) then Alice in that one was just straight up an android hive mind instead of an elf-like scientist. So unless Klee is set to go all Terminator on the natives of Monstadt in the future I doubt that there's any similarities there beyond the name.

This is also true for the story. There's definitely similarities, but they seem to be going their own way. For instance, the demon sleeping underneath western Li Yue hasn't woken up to kill everyone there like it did in Honkai, and instead it was a completely unrelated threat (Osial) that ended up being the final boss of that chapter.

xedo posted:

Me too. Is there a good wiki or youtube channel to fill in the actual details of honkai? Zero desire to play it buy it sounds like it gives good context for stuff in this game.

There's a couple of wiki's. The one's i'd generally recommend if would be the Honkai wikis. Specifically, the first one for stuff regarding plot and the like. Though it has some gaps that you can fill in by looking elsewhere if you really want to get into the plot without bothering with grinding through a gacha game.
https://houkai3rd.fandom.com/wiki/Houkai_Impact_3rd_Wiki
https://honkaiimpact3.gamepedia.com/Honkai_Impact_3_Wiki

The first one tends to have a fair bit of info for the plot and the like. The second one is more gameplay oriented. Though you can probably find something about the events that had plot on it if you're lucky.

The other direct wiki for the games would be GGZ's wiki. Which is...Uh, not well translated and kind of crappy. A fair number of pages are a word salad at best due to translation issues. I guess due to it not really getting much attention compared to later games like HI3 and Genshin along with being mostly a thing overseas the wiki never really was maintained as well as more popular ones are. A lot of the more confusing stuff comes from there. Hence why I try not to direct anyone to it or even reference anything to do with it to begin with.

Here it is if you want it though.

https://ggz.fandom.com/wiki/Guns_Girl_-_School_Day_Z_Wiki

Aside from that, if you can't find what you want on the first wiki then your other best bet would be TVtropes's page for HI3 or that villains wiki if you want info about some of the more universal antagonists to the games. If all that fails just type in whatever Genshin related thing you want to know with the word Honkai after it and there will probably be a reddit thread where someone connected some possible links to the two games. Granted, your results may vary for how reliable those posts are but :shrug:. Worse comes to worse you can always ask here and the people that play Honkai can answer the question.

Though I should mention that like the GGZ one the villains wiki is a mess. Partially because the latter wiki has no way to categorize multiple timelines/AU's/whatever in terms of characters. Though it has an extreme wealth of info on some of the less obvious antagonists if you can parse out which game (Or even the version of that character within a given game. GGZ has like 3 different timelines in it that lead to different endings.) it's talking about.

(Also, loving lol that a bunch of people decided to make a wiki for every villain in every piece of media ever. Because it's the internet, so of course they did.)

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 15, 2021

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

So I'm AR 49. Should I use my fragile resin to farm for artifacts? I don't know what is a better use for them

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh this is neat. Wonder if it works just as well with Chongyun.

Also I love that there's CharacterMain communities for every character at this point. Yes even Amber. Really shows off how the characters all have their little unique playstyles and can be made to be good if you just really like them enough to put in the effort.

Amber Main reddit for reference has a little less than 2k subscribers.

HuTao main, a character that has not appeared once, is at over 6k.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

So I'm AR 49. Should I use my fragile resin to farm for artifacts? I don't know what is a better use for them

I would say use them all to farm artifacts. I keep like 5 in case...something happens. We haven't really had a good reason to save them. Special Events have been going resin-less. There are have been rumours of resin discounted events, but there is also the rumour that the discount is only for the 160/day max.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Tae posted:

Amber Main reddit for reference has a little less than 2k subscribers.

HuTao main, a character that has not appeared once, is at over 6k.

AlbedoMains has like 2.1k so yeah the communities are small and niche, I think the vast majority of players aren't hyper-committing to one character.

Alternatively only the more conventional DPS carries really get bigger dedicated audiences. KeqingMains is the huge one at like 24k subscribers but I think that community does more general theorycrafting on top of just being Keqing players.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Gotta say the pinkish red seelie was the correct choice. Blue often hard to see with the sky. Yellow is ok, looks good with Ning but pink looks so good with so many characters.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I can't decide between yellow or pink myself. Yellow because it matches Albedo's aesthetics or pink because it works as a nice call back to the mountain event and the evil sword.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I just assumed KeqingMains was the discord and everything else was just silly fanart stuff.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You should probably start with which bows you do have.
Worst comes to worst you can use the 3* Sharpshooter's Oath, which comes with crit damage and a useful passive but is gonna be weaker than a good 4*.

According to r/AmberMains, Prototype Crescent needs to be R4 before outdamaging Sharpshooter's Oath after 5 headshots. Although I have no idea if the +48% headshot DMG bonus on Sharpshooter's Oath applies to Ganyu's AOE charged shot as well, and obviously the 4* weapon will make your skill and burst hit harder.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmberMains/comments/koibuj/when_does_prototype_crescent_surpass_sharpshooter/.

Personally, I happened to have a spare Favonius bow lying around, so that's what I put on my Ganyu.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Ytlaya posted:

lmao is the automatic Riptide every 4s from C4 keeping him wet? That's super broken if so.
It sure is.

Strongly tempted to run Blizzard Strayer on Tartaglia too. Pop ranged Q into Ganyu Q, go melee and blender everyone, fill his downtime with Ganyu permafreeze shots thanks to eternal Riptide. Any threats they can't handle up close, just go Total Ranged Initiation since they're both bow characters and anything not immune to Freeze basically can't do anything about it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What color was the Seelie you use with the quest? I think it looks similar to the blue one to me, but I'm color-blind so could be wrong. Part of the reason I didn't choose it is that I wanted something different from the quest Seelie.

Tsyni posted:

I would say use them all to farm artifacts. I keep like 5 in case...something happens. We haven't really had a good reason to save them. Special Events have been going resin-less. There are have been rumours of resin discounted events, but there is also the rumour that the discount is only for the 160/day max.

Yeah, I've finally started using mine (I still have like 20 left). I'm at the point where artifacts are basically the main thing preventing me from doing dramatically more damage, so if I get some good artifacts I can subsequently farm future things faster.

I hold onto way too many artifacts. I have some ungodly number now, all because "maybe for some reason I'll want to use this 4* artifact from a strange set that has all its points in HP." I should probably just use all of the 4* set artifacts (that can come in 5* versions) that don't have completely amazing substats or a rare main stat (like an elemental goblet or something) for XP, but I can't bring myself to.

Speaking of using artifacts for XP, I came dangerously close to feeding that super nice feather I linked to another artifact. I hadn't locked it yet and mistakenly added it and fortunately hit X when the "you have 5* artifacts are you sure you want to do this" screen popped up. That would have sucked big-time.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Nakar posted:

It sure is.

That's hosed. :stare:

So basically if you have C4 Tartaglia and Ganyu you can just snap the game over your knee, barring bosses. Who I assume are immune to freeze for balance reasons.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 15, 2021

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Nakar posted:

It sure is.

Strongly tempted to run Blizzard Strayer on Tartaglia too. Pop ranged Q into Ganyu Q, go melee and blender everyone, fill his downtime with Ganyu permafreeze shots thanks to eternal Riptide. Any threats they can't handle up close, just go Total Ranged Initiation since they're both bow characters and anything not immune to Freeze basically can't do anything about it.

That actually sounds like a great idea. Sure you're losing out on the 45% dmg from depths, but he still has over 100%+ dmg from rust+gob+ascension. Just load up on crit dmg and go to town.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Archonex posted:

That's hosed. :stare:

So basically if you have C4 Tartaglia and Ganyu you can just snap the game over your knee, barring bosses. Who I assume are immune to freeze for balance reasons.
All the bosses are immune to Freeze, Andrius is immune to Cryo, and Childe is strongly resistant to Hydro. However Dvalin can be trivially one-cycled with bows, Andrius's second phase AI goes stupid when C4 Riptide is active, and Childe just dies to Ganyu so it doesn't exactly slow them down much.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I used like 10 right when I got past 45, then realized I was pretty much grinding towards nothing. Still have 50-something banked and most of my used and alternate characters geared. Blowing 180/day already has me wrapped in 5*s. I figure maybe at some point a new character will release or whatever and I'll blow a ton of resin on books/cash/mats to get them up and running asap.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

sandorius posted:

According to r/AmberMains, Prototype Crescent needs to be R4 before outdamaging Sharpshooter's Oath after 5 headshots. Although I have no idea if the +48% headshot DMG bonus on Sharpshooter's Oath applies to Ganyu's AOE charged shot as well, and obviously the 4* weapon will make your skill and burst hit harder.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmberMains/comments/koibuj/when_does_prototype_crescent_surpass_sharpshooter/.

Personally, I happened to have a spare Favonius bow lying around, so that's what I put on my Ganyu.

Yeah, the frostflake explosion can headshot, and since the mini-arrows come down from above it almost always does. It also triggers the prototype crescent effect even if you totally miss with the main arrow.

Ytlaya posted:

What color was the Seelie you use with the quest? I think it looks similar to the blue one to me, but I'm color-blind so could be wrong. Part of the reason I didn't choose it is that I wanted something different from the quest Seelie.

It's blue, and the first Seelie reward matches its color.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Nakar posted:

All the bosses are immune to Freeze, Andrius is immune to Cryo, and Childe is strongly resistant to Hydro. However Dvalin can be trivially one-cycled with bows, Andrius's second phase AI goes stupid when C4 Riptide is active, and Childe just dies to Ganyu so it doesn't exactly slow them down much.

I haven't tried out Dvalin with Ganyu yet but I assume this is because the Frostflake is basically a scattershot kind of thing and all of the arrows on one end hit him?

I mean, Ganyu can apparently poo poo out so much damage that she trivializes current bosses barring Andrius so it's largely irrelevant. That Tartaglia+Ganyu thing could probably snap a good chunk of the game over her knee however when it comes to Abyss content however.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah, the frostflake explosion can headshot, and since the mini-arrows come down from above it almost always does. It also triggers the prototype crescent effect even if you totally miss with the main arrow.

I've also rarely noticed sizable damage spikes on some mobs outside of Prototype Crescent's effects, which makes me wonder if it's possible to aim the frostflake shot so that multiple arrows from the bloom hit a single mob. If so that means Ganyu is the game's first trick shot character. Though she really doesn't seem like she needs the extra DPS.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 15, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

despite thinking of pairing them, i didn't realize until now that they are basically giving Hu Tao a nerfed version of Childe's C4 as part of her kit.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

dogsicle posted:

first batch of details for the upcoming event: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/8004

looks like they're going to cover each version of the challenge more specifically in the days to come, but this looks really interesting. overall difficulty is a multiplier to your score and you can choose options to make the fight easier or harder beyond that, which also affect your point totals. point rewards rely on having that combined total from your challenge clears, so you need close to 2.9k points per challenge for max rewards if you're keeping them equal. co-op is an option and each challenge has characters with event damage bonuses to help a bit.

Cool, Contingency Contract.

Although I wonder if it will have the same effect it did in Arknights of suddenly making optimization and having a wide roster Extremely Important and changing the way the game is played forever, even when it's not active.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
can't wait do do the triple cubes fight at risk 18

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Archonex posted:

I haven't tried out Dvalin with Ganyu yet but I assume this is because the Frostflake is basically a scattershot kind of thing and all of the arrows on one end hit him?
Dvalin's shield takes damage based on number of hits and I think to some extent the stagger intensity of the hit itself (Jean can do a lot to his claws for example). When Childe procs Riptide Flash it will do one decent chunk of shield damage and three smaller chunks. When Ganyu hits Dvalin during his midair phase the Frostflake Bloom basically airbursts right on top of him -- or even inside of his body sometimes -- and every single one hits him. Amber and C1 Venti also have this to a lesser extent due to having multiple arrows. The key is that bows are the only way to reliably damage Dvalin's shield during his flight phases, and with Ganyu it's possible to down him before he's even really gone past a cycle or two of actions. Once he's down, his hitbox is large enough that Frostflake Blooms over his weakpoint seem to trivially connect, so he goes down pretty fast.

I don't think she's actually necessarily the "best" way to kill Dvalin unless she's extremely overgeared, but she has the advantage of not needing to climb his neck and get stuck there. She is however unquestionably the best at breaking his shield. If you also have C4 Tartaglia, his Riptide Flash procs are chipping away at Dvalin's shield every 4s and then doing damage to his weakpoint during the downed phase, which speeds things up a bit for Ganyu.

Bows are just kind of bullshit, like Ganyu/Tartaglia/Venti/Diona seems like a completely viable busted-tier team if you can field the bows for them (ideally Amos/Skyward/Stringless/Sacrificial). It could and possibly should be a different Cryo character in there but Diona works.

EDIT: Also an interesting note for the "Freeze locks in the Mona Omen effect" setup: Mona's C1 increases the effect of elemental reactions when they hit an enemy affected by an Omen, which in theory could mean she's extending Freeze durations by 15% and making it easier to keep the Omen locked in? Not sure how all those abilities interact.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 15, 2021

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

xedo posted:

Practically speaking, none. It boils down to playing the game or searching youtube for playthroughs of story chapters, the rare story playthrough, and hoping that summaries adequately capture what's going on without hitting translation snags. And translation errors are going to be present by the dozen in the case of Honkai 2 content.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Archonex posted:

Isn't Beidou a pirate? Is she just straight up raiding Inazuma or something?

Actually, what the heck is she even pirating in the first place? It's not like we've heard of a lot of other coastal nations out there.

Given that Inazuma's borders are shut, I assume she's smuggling stuff in and out of the country. None of the conversations with the Alcor's crewmembers confirm or deny this, though.

The description for Bit of Aerosiderite states that there are islands out in the ocean that are outside of the control of the Seven, so maybe the Crux Fleet usually goes adventuring for spoils there?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Ran some Cryo Childe numbers. 4pc Depth of Heart seems to lose 4pc Blizzard Strayer even if you can't maintain Freeze, and gets completely crushed if you can. Crit Rate is so important for Tartaglia and so much easier to get via Cryo Resonance and set bonus (since with the right support he can basically Freeze permanently while in melee mode) that it just ends up completely dumpstering the 15% Hydro and 30% Normal/Charged Damage.

hosed up, but the artifact set designed for Tartaglia is actually the worse option from that domain compared to rolling with Ganyu and Kaeya and freezing everything. If you had C6 Tartaglia and enough ER on Kaeya and Ganyu to maintain 100% Burst uptime, it would just be disgusting. Note that the DPS wouldn't be that high unless enemies are clustered, but they'd simply never get to move or threaten you.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i give up wtf does mona even do all these things are gibberish.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

kater posted:

i give up wtf does mona even do all these things are gibberish.

noone loving knows everyone just looks at her rear end and watches her do her hydro dash and claps at the end

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Kaeya's rear end is more defined than mona's :colbert:

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

rock daddy has the best rear end imo

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Mona's strength is her hips you philistines. :colbert: But as far as I can tell her skill is "taunts and does a pulse or two of hydro damage, with backdash when held" and her burst is "does some hydro damage and stuns weak stuff, gives bonus damage when the enemy is next hit". Nothing inherently too complicated but the strange and unintuitive ways elements interact means there's all sorts of weird exploitative edge cases that gently caress if I know how to exploit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Asimo posted:

Mona's strength is her hips you philistines. :colbert: But as far as I can tell her skill is "taunts and does a pulse or two of hydro damage, with backdash when held" and her burst is "does some hydro damage and stuns weak stuff, gives bonus damage when the enemy is next hit". Nothing inherently too complicated but the strange and unintuitive ways elements interact means there's all sorts of weird exploitative edge cases that gently caress if I know how to exploit.

Pretty sure it ain't her hips that are protruding so much. For someone that can't afford to eat well her rear end is healthy. She's got some 2B-esque "20-30% of her total mass is in her rear end." thing going on. :v:

Her burst was a top tier damager before Tartaglia and other similar heavy bursters came out. It's also spammable and does some CC.

Apparently, the way freeze works means that effects are held until a certain point. So you can prolong the omen effect is what I guess that one video was saying? If so that's kind of powerful. That's like a spammable version of Bennett's burst. Only it'd stack with Bennett's burst's damage increaser and also apply CC.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 15, 2021