Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

:haibrow:
I should make this on Sunday, is there a trick to having corn and tomatoes and having it not get too goopy?

when you brown the beef, cook it, drain it, then add the veggies and spices and cook it until the water is mostly evaporated, is what i'd do

could also use less wet veggies, green pepper diced finely in taco meat is bomb

edit for recipe:

2 pounds Ground Beef
½ cup Yellow onion, diced
¼ cup Taco seasoning
2 cups Enchilada sauce
6 8-inch Flour tortillas
12 ounce Cheddar cheese, shredded
INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Brown ground beef for 5 minutes. Add onions and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
Add taco seasoning to the beef along with ¼ cup of water and stir together. Continue to cook for 5 minutes until the liquid mostly disappeared.
In a greased, 11x9 casserole dish add ½ cup of the enchilada sauce, and then place two tortillas on top of it so that they cover the bottom of the dish.
Place 1/3 of the beef on top of the tortillas, followed by ½ cup of the enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of cheese.
Place two more tortillas on top of the cheese and repeat the beef, enchilada sauce, and cheese. Place the final two tortillas on top and place the remaining beef on top then pour remaining enchilada sauce over it followed by cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and continue to bake for 10 minutes.

i halved it (there are only three of us) and eyeballed the cheese. it was amazeballs, even my picky rear end, always has notes for me on my cooking wife, went back for 2nds :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

That's a goddamn shame.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Fartington Butts posted:

That's a goddamn shame.

Yeh anti cilantro people have been anti greek food IME

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Are those noodles cooked in powerade?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I do not like green noods and scat
I do not like them, goon in chat

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation

Why is this?

Genuinely, I want to know what happened to make this “food on your Bloody Mary” thing a thing. Over here you get a stick of celery or a pickled chilli if you’re lucky. Who wants this monstrosity?

As a disclaimer I also hate those ‘freakshakes’ which happily seem to have had their brief moment in the sun and pissed off again. Why would anyone want food that is so difficult to eat and involves licking the outside of a glass?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I see you've been to Skyline on St. Patrick's Day

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Underwater Shoe posted:

Why is this?

Genuinely, I want to know what happened to make this “food on your Bloody Mary” thing a thing. Over here you get a stick of celery or a pickled chilli if you’re lucky. Who wants this monstrosity?

As a disclaimer I also hate those ‘freakshakes’ which happily seem to have had their brief moment in the sun and pissed off again. Why would anyone want food that is so difficult to eat and involves licking the outside of a glass?

Like that raclette from a few pages back or the monstrosities from Chef Club, it’s just about spectacle and social media likes. No one who orders one of those is really intending to eat more than a fraction of it, but the hits on Insta are worth it to them, and the restaurant is banking on that to get people to come in. At least those Chef Club stunts happen only once; these things are just a waste of food over and over again.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Underwater Shoe posted:

Why is this?

I assume there was some boring restaurant competition drama that just went too far, plus instagram.

I think it's stupid but there is also something intrinsically funny about it being garnished with a second bloody mary.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Freaquency posted:

Like that raclette from a few pages back or the monstrosities from Chef Club, it’s just about spectacle and social media likes. No one who orders one of those is really intending to eat more than a fraction of it, but the hits on Insta are worth it to them, and the restaurant is banking on that to get people to come in. At least those Chef Club stunts happen only once; these things are just a waste of food over and over again.

I really wish that smoked watermelon genuinely tasted good because it looks so neat. But I guess I might've at points wished that various colored plastic was good food too.

Cheese really gets a lot of this, because it has a lot of properties that can be exaggerated for visual distinctiveness that has no effect on how it tastes in your mouth. People do a whole lot of engineering for their cheese stretches.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Underwater Shoe posted:

One day I want to go to Milwaukee to order one of these bad boys and then go to a Brewers game. I don't even really like baseball but it would be a great day to demolish one of these and then go drink beer in a stadium.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"You want to get a giant novelty bloody mary with a pizza in it and then go to a Brewers game?"

"I don't really like baseball."

"... I don't understand the relevance."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:barf:
https://twitter.com/kremedelakitty_/status/1349837481907085312?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why bother with the other poo poo if you're just gonna drown everything in cheese?

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Because we like spicy food, obviously

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Butter, Half n Half, Heavy Cream

WTF

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

That poo poo has to be so loving salty. She dumped an insane amount of bullion in and added extra salt.

Made me think of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4uvQRTCdYA

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Underwater Shoe posted:

Who wants this monstrosity?

Me, very strongly

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

WTF

There's spinach and tomatoes in it. That means it's healthy!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

fizzymercy posted:

There's spinach and tomatoes in it. That means it's healthy!

WE

DO

NOT

MEASURE

AROUND

HERE

Y'ALL!

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

LifeSunDeath posted:

WTF
If you didn't have all that fat as a buffer your esophagus would shrivel up like a slug

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Wait, do you guys think that's satire or is it serious?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Male Tears posted:

i looked up @motherofdragons24 and she seems to be extremely real, but who can really tell in this benighted age of illusion.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

e: ^^^^^^ WHAT

It's obviously meant to be ridiculous, but the second bloody mary is what clearly launches it into satire territory. I thought it was funny

Then everyone else just started accepting it as real. I don't know what to believe anymore, and it is somewhat troubling

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
We visited my husband's parents for Christmas and they gave us the task of basting the turkey, which we discovered was actually a processed ball of turkey meat or something? When we took the lid off it was pooping out glistening lumps of fat (?):

I've cooked actual turkeys and never seen this happen before, and we're still kind of baffled by it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The white stuff I think is a byproduct of the salt water they inject into the meat to make it weigh more.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

We visited my husband's parents for Christmas and they gave us the task of basting the turkey, which we discovered was actually a processed ball of turkey meat or something? When we took the lid off it was pooping out glistening lumps of fat (?):

I've cooked actual turkeys and never seen this happen before, and we're still kind of baffled by it.

That looks like turkey roll/loaf. My Grandmother served that once for Thanksgiving. That was the last time she had to prep the main dishes and the rest of the family started rotating meals because Grandma shouldn't spend the day cooking while we watched football.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

flesh dance posted:

e: ^^^^^^ WHAT

It's obviously meant to be ridiculous, but the second bloody mary is what clearly launches it into satire territory. I thought it was funny

Then everyone else just started accepting it as real. I don't know what to believe anymore, and it is somewhat troubling

You gotta spend WAY more time on tiktok food videos. It is a hellscape of sincere people being very terrible at cooking. I have seen horrors.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I got mixed up and thought those guys were still talking about the bloody mary and not the dairy shrimp, but my take could apply equally to both :stare:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

dog nougat posted:

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

That poo poo has to be so loving salty. She dumped an insane amount of bullion in and added extra salt.

I am now imagining this person dumping in many pieces of gold, silver and platinum into the pan.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

spankmeister posted:

I am now imagining this person dumping in many pieces of gold, silver and platinum into the pan.
Ingottem

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Male Tears posted:

All I know is that no one who set out to do a comedy video could have had better timing than the second bag of parmesan coming in.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

OwlFancier posted:

The white stuff I think is a byproduct of the salt water they inject into the meat to make it weigh more.

Check out this so called "Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Portion"

quote:

Ingredients
Turkey (66%), Water, Salt, Thickener (1442 from Maize), Dextrose (Maize), Vegetable Gum (407), Mineral Salts (508, 451, 452), Preservative (223), Humectant (422), Liquid Smoke, Colour (150a), Acidity Regulator (Acetic Acid)

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Behold! The loose corn cannon!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zedprime posted:

Behold! The loose corn cannon!

:randvince:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I didn't know I wanted to drill corn cobs until right now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:mods: