Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
If you aren't in danger from your own gun, why even use it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Fallout 76 is growing on me.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Is fractured steel coming out yet?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
The season 3 jetpack is incredibly silly and I love it.

And yes, the rotors move when you use it.

:allears:

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Is fractured steel coming out yet?

Yes. Last patch was Steel Dawn AND Fractured Steel.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

A Sometimes Food posted:

Fallout 76 is growing on me.

Oh I should share some of my silly pictures. Thankyou for reminding me.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Sensenmann posted:

Yes. Last patch was Steel Dawn AND Fractured Steel.

I did all the steel dawn stuff and it was only like 1-2 hours of missions. I thought the next part where you actually deal with the brotherhood of steel was coming out soon. The intro just has them fight and then the quest ends.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

The intro just has them fight and then the quest ends.

Them fighting is the fractured part. lol

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I'm guessing steel reign is probably going to be a quest that lasts 30 minutes that provides the illusion of choice without any actual consequences for choosing one way or another, and then a week of double score sandwiched in between two treasure hunter events with 10 more rare items in lunchboxes added, followed by a double xp weekend followed by a purveyor sale.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I've taken way too many photos in this game. I have hundreds now.

I have a museum of toilet paper

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
A buddy and I are finally playing together. First time for both of us. We're kinda confused when it comes to finishing missions while in a team/party. So far, we're essentially having to do the same mission twice together? We planed a sign on our own individual camps, both put our cassettes in a radio tower, both fought some spawned bandits that came to our sites.

Is this standard practice through the entire game? Im assuming we're still mostly in tutorial missions, I just cant really tell how co-op comes together, if it does at all.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

i flunked out posted:

I'm guessing steel reign is probably going to be a quest that lasts 30 minutes that provides the illusion of choice without any actual consequences for choosing one way or another, and then a week of double score sandwiched in between two treasure hunter events with 10 more rare items in lunchboxes added, followed by a double xp weekend followed by a purveyor sale.

I want to get these brotherhood fuckers killed and out of Appalachia. I'm sure it wont be an option.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I really want an update that restarts the responders who are my fave faction by far

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

I want to get these brotherhood fuckers killed and out of Appalachia. I'm sure it wont be an option.

I mean. They presumably aren't around when Lyons arrives so something has to happen to them I guess. So we could get lucky.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

AD VICTORIAM:rolleyes:

I want to like the Brotherhood of Steel. Stop making them lame, fascist or stupid.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Manwithastick posted:

I really want an update that restarts the responders who are my fave faction by far

The Order of Mysteries would be fun too. Getting to play post apocalypse Batwoman would be cool. But sigh, this is a live service game so no fun allowed.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

what uh, what exactly is going on in the Frontier mod, again?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What is that? Some ET alien with cazadore wings?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Arcsquad12 posted:

What is that? Some ET alien with cazadore wings?

To pull from the casting call:

quote:

An aggressive, violent member of the Trochili, a tribe of vault dwelling lizard people that were originally feared barbarians but now spend their time trading and taking drugs, partying it up, raiding settlements, trading weapons, and mass fornicating. They are usually extremely high and chilled out. Marz fondly remembers the old days before the Trochili were chem addicts; he wishes for the Trochili to one day go back to their traditional ways. He hates humans with a passion.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

SkyeAuroline posted:

To pull from the casting call:

What the...

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Yes.
The round including Marz.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Quarantine is driving me crazy so I've been cleaning up the Commonwealth. The Starlight Drive-In has been restored and for some reason people actually decided they wanted to live there. Apologies in advance for my lousy graphics card settings, but I like framerates in the positive numbers.

The projector may be broken but the marquee still works!

All the cars and radioactive waste were removed with minimal injury and a new little town has sprung up where once teenagers made out while bad sci-fi played overhead.

We restored the tower, decorated it with memorabilia donated by an aging Nuka-Cola fetishist, and grow delicious, nutritious mutfruit under the new agricultural wing.

There's always something happening at the snack bar and if you're lucky, it's not salmonella-related.

The Starlight Shopping Center is here for all your cap commerce needs, including caravan trade. The Vault-Tec salesman is our mall manager and he just couldn't be happier. Dreams really do come true in the Commonwealth.

Our Cozy Cottage Cabins feature some of the amenities of home plus doors you can't lock for a warm, neighborly feeling all night long.

The power armor service station can handle rigs of any size and has the bonus of looking pretty good at night.

Piper Wright wrote that our library building "manages somehow to straddle the fine line between monumental and tacky, which disturbs me" but that's a little harsh and she's no Ada Louise Huxtable. The library is, however, a great place to sit and look at pictures of dead white people and read the stuff they wrote.

Our last pharmacist, known as Doc McHuffin for good reason, vanished in the middle of the night with all our prescription pharmaceuticals. The locals are, understandably, watching the new doc real close.

We've also got a well-stocked workshop armory and bot workshop, and a few beds behind the screen. And that's life at the Starlight for now.

Meanwhile, in Far Harbor,

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Looks very well done. I'm a big fan of Starlight as a settlement location, many of my favorites have been there. (Really not a fan of Sanctuary, completely unrelated to it being the default.)

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
That's some excellent settlement work!

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Thanks! I've been having a lot of fun with it.

I don't do much with Sanctuary, either. There's probably something cool you can do with that circular cul-de-sac, but it's still just suburbia. I usually mod it with the restored house textures so Preston and his gang can have a nice place to live, then leave them to it before he starts bothering me about things to do.

Covenant, on the other hand, eats poo poo right out of the gate.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ive never tried to build there.

The backalley one I had a great vertical construct but I never grabbed screens of it. It was one I was actually proud of.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Mantis42 posted:

what uh, what exactly is going on in the Frontier mod, again?

post-apocalyptic cross-species diplomacy

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

...I thought the only canon aliens was the Grays that star in Project Zeta and the Flatwoods Monster?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Twincityhacker posted:

...I thought the only canon aliens was the Grays that star in Project Zeta and the Flatwoods Monster?

There's also that alien desert civilization that Lorenzo Cabot found in FO4. The flatwoods monster is one of the usual grays in a hovering space suit

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Psychedelicatessen posted:

There's also that alien desert civilization that Lorenzo Cabot found in FO4. The flatwoods monster is one of the usual grays in a hovering space suit

The Cabot aliens are Lovecraftian so they'll probably never show up in the flesh. We'll just have encounters with poo poo like in Dunwich Borers.

Also they might be terrestrial precursors not aliens.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Twincityhacker posted:

Do wendigos from F2 count?

Technically one of the Old World Blues endings also briefly mentions attacks from a different dimension thwarted by one of your appliances in the far future

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wanamaingos you mean. Pretty sure those were just another weird Fev abomination like the centaurs and the weird tape worm guys.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I cannot wait for the stash increase to get here. My stash is 800/800 and I am using 100% of my carryweight before buffs. None of it is crafting materials since I'm Fallout 1st. Some of it is junk, but it's display junk like my teddy bear varient collection.

Is there an agreeded upon place to put spare plans for free? I can shave off a few pounds that way.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Wolfsheim posted:

Do wendigos from F2 count?

Technically one of the Old World Blues endings also briefly mentions attacks from a different dimension thwarted by one of your appliances in the far future

If you didn't hear about it... good.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Twincityhacker posted:

I cannot wait for the stash increase to get here. My stash is 800/800 and I am using 100% of my carryweight before buffs. None of it is crafting materials since I'm Fallout 1st. Some of it is junk, but it's display junk like my teddy bear varient collection.

Is there an agreeded upon place to put spare plans for free? I can shave off a few pounds that way.

Blue suitcase at the top of the world station and whitesprings station is where I usually leave free stuff.

Purveryor finally granted me an actual good roll (bloodied faster fire rate 25% cheaper vats railway rifle). I understand the 25% thing is useless on the railway rifle since it'll use 1ap per nail anyway, and this thing is pretty awesome.

Shame about the clip size, though, not great against ghouls if there are more than 2 or 3 mobbing you. I let go of ground pounder to move the points into strength for more versatility (so I could get the 3 damage heavy weapon perks) so that'll leave the railway rifle as more situational than my fixer/handmade even though it's by far my best roll.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is this game good yet?

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

The Lone Badger posted:

Is this game good yet?

In a kill-loot-return with base building fashion yes. Still has a fair share of bugs.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

The Lone Badger posted:

Is this game good yet?

moderately so

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Wanamaingos you mean. Pretty sure those were just another weird Fev abomination like the centaurs and the weird tape worm guys.

FEV yes but as part of an Umbrella esque bioweapon program. Completely redundant with Deathclaws but I don't think the government in the Fallout universe was very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

So in 76 is there a way for two people to enter an instance and have both get credit for talking to NPCs or completing objectives? I picked this up with my wife, and it's fun, but tedious having to do everything twice.