Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
It is interesting that Mark never explicitly says he's from outside the city, even though literally everything he says and does implies it (Such as, for instance, saying he's guilty of trespassing on the page after the one ronya linked).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It is interesting that Mark never explicitly says he's from outside the city, even though literally everything he says and does implies it (Such as, for instance, saying he's guilty of trespassing on the page after the one ronya linked).

He also seems significantly unaware of how the barrier works - "But this place will be back to normal soon, right?" - for someone who had grown up in the city. But yeah, I think he's being coy about it because he's aware that saying he's from outside is likely to produce some weird reactions from magical girls.

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

ronya posted:

It's interesting that Mark swears "Jesus", but the city usually cusses by the Founder (but Undine still seems to recognize that it's a swear)

Had to do considerable digging to find this tweet, but this appears to actually be relevant:

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/788958465309814784

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

cropoval posted:

Had to do considerable digging to find this tweet, but this appears to actually be relevant:

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/788958465309814784

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What the gently caress there was a new GwtB page two weeks ago???? Why did nobody tell me?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

...that is the single greatest way GWTB could possibly have ended. It's perfection.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Joe Slowboat posted:

...that is the single greatest way GWTB could possibly have ended. It's perfection.

Unfortunately(?) it's an April fool's joke from 2015 and there's been a handful of new pages since then.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Well GWTB doesn't really have a throughline story or anything so you can post the ending without actually ending the comic and it still works just fine.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
There’s an update that’s not really an update today. Cagle has a new publisher to put books on actual store shelves, which is pretty neat. Update is the cover art and a news post.

Team Alchemical is pretty radical all together like that. No wonder they were so popular in universe.

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/sd-and-the-seventh-sea

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Well now I have to catch up on that. Holy poo poo.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com//chapter-17-page-4

They continue to try and puzzle it out

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

I can just see Rue's ears perking up at that last line.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Inspired me to finally change my avatar. Thank you mediocre paint.net skills and the Waifu2x-caffe

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's just the perfect panel.

Kokoro playing with the punching bag is cute too.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

It's just the perfect panel.

Kokoro playing with the punching bag is cute too.

Kokoro looks very annoyed that she can’t sit next to Undine without this stupid bag being in the way.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I hope the phone box panel is shown to be 100% exactly how it happened.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

From Fan name to Canon name!

I am sad I never noticed the angle they are picking up on in that she is very childish. I am used to petty childish villains in fiction as just a style rather than a detail of interest for them. Makes you wonder just how long has Goops actually been around.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Bud is extremely ready for it

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Maybe the real way to defeat Goops was the classic "rubber/glue" defense

she'd never be able to come back from it!

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
if she's already downed four MGs, including one present, that's moved a fair bit beyond 'just' wanting to scare people

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

HP's dedication to <3training<3 is pretty strong, to be doing some work even now.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ronya posted:

if she's already downed four MGs, including one present, that's moved a fair bit beyond 'just' wanting to scare people

That we know of.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Aww yeah, take that Goops.

Looking forward to Goops being called Goops, and getting all huffy because that's not her name.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

habeasdorkus posted:

Aww yeah, take that Goops.

Looking forward to Goops being called Goops, and getting all huffy because that's not her name.

Look, if you let multiple chances to introduce yourself pass, your name is whatever people agree to call you.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Goops

Looks like we are going to be seeing multiple groups' reactions to this reveal.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Twibbit posted:

Goops

Looks like we are going to be seeing multiple groups' reactions to this reveal.

Vedika's segment: hey dad out of curiosity have any patients talked about being hounded by mysterious shadow girls lately

asking for a friend

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Back to your regularly scheduled punching.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Seems pretty happy considering Cassidy is dead.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Seems pretty happy considering Cassidy is dead.

That was weeks of yesterday ago, though.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kokoro has fair reason to be happy. The club came together to work on the Goops mystery, giving her a good ending to a tough day. And she's beating up monsters, which she always enjoys. And, for the first time, she's not only out with Undine but she's out with her teammate and her girlfriend.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kennel fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 11, 2021

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Also grief isn't some constant thing that stops you from ever being happy. Given Cassidy is still not confirmed dead and all the stuff Tenebrais pointed out, of course they're happy.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

goops has a whole spiel planned but gets so annoyed at being called "Goops" she just goes "i killed cassidy" and gently caress offs for the night

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-17-page-8

A new page is out.

Poor Vedika. I'm not sure I'd want to strengthen them either given how she's seen how accidentally peeking into someone's mind, even vaguely, can complicate everything. All that on top of the unpleasantness that is "I physically cannot touch anyone in my transformed state without poo poo getting weird."

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-17-page-8

A new page is out.

Poor Vedika. I'm not sure I'd want to strengthen them either given how she's seen how accidentally peeking into someone's mind, even vaguely, can complicate everything. All that on top of the unpleasantness that is "I physically cannot touch anyone in my transformed state without poo poo getting weird."

See I get that, but I think that they're really underestimating the usefulness of secure long range battle communications. If they can get Vedika's powers working more reliably she could end up being one of the most useful members of the group, even if she never kills a single monster.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

jng2058 posted:

See I get that, but I think that they're really underestimating the usefulness of secure long range battle communications. If they can get Vedika's powers working more reliably she could end up being one of the most useful members of the group, even if she never kills a single monster.

They're young teenage magical girls. They're still in the mindset that punching/stabbing things is the best approach, if at first it doesn't work just punch/stab harder.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

nimby posted:

They're young teenage magical girls. They're still in the mindset that punching/stabbing things is the best approach, if at first it doesn't work just punch/stab harder.

Well here's hoping that growing out of that mindset is part of how the story develops. Being willing to talk it out and share data is a good first step towards that.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
For sure I agree that her powers are some of the most potentially powerful. I just meant from the perspective of a young teenage girl who views herself and her powers as directly responsible for a clusterfuck that nearly tore the group apart and may or may not have gotten Cassidy in mortal danger (yeah I know we know she's dead but the group doesn't), she's justifiably frightened.

Honestly would love to see what happens if she touches a monster when transformed though. Prediction: Goops controls the monsters like a hivemind and by touching a monster, Vedika can speak to Goops directly.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Vedika is also the only one who could probably track goops reliably, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Vedika also gets quite a bit of psychic backwash so I think that would/will end up being a really bad thing.