Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

I think the reason I can't beat Knull might possibly involve the fact that I barely know what a proc is and I don't understand how to make a proc proc.

I'm not sure if you mean what kind of obelisk people are talking about when they mention a proc, but it's only the one where it gives a flat percentage increase on one attack up to 200% or a CTP of Energy. I mostly mention that because I didn't realize til I started playing again that's what that meant, and I've got a couple characters with the "Energy beam falling on the head of the enemy to cause damage" type obelisks instead.

Most of the time your proc timing is taken into consideration when people make rotations like the ones on this list http://rotations.21000dollor.com/. If you want to actually pay attention to when it happens, it's when the grey vest-looking icon next to your character's portrait turns green and a short timer ticks down. It's kinda difficult for me to explain, but if the timer is ticking down during your most damaging skill that's good. If it starts and stops too soon, the proc wasn't timed right because the skill canceling timing was wrong or something.

If you've got three awakened characters, my easiest Knull clear when I first started was using three awakening characters and just rotating between them and using their awakened skills, though it still took me a while figuring him out to beat him like that. I think strikers are pretty important, like having Ancient One for some characters like Sharon or Phoenix Five and Venom/Baby Groot for Ghost Rider along with an ignore dodge striker if the character needs it. Abusing the co-op button at the right times helps too. During his first phase, if you have one primary damage dealer you'd rather not switch from, you can hit it after he says You can't escape/hide from me and after the floor gets all symbiote-y to avoid the stun. It takes a bit of practice to time it right and it's a little harder to time than just switching characters when that happens. You can also co-op to avoid deaths from being caught in purple zones or if you've been hit enough times for that instant kill effect to happen. It also works during that last phase if you're having a hard time DPSing him down if you pay close attention to when he pulls his sword back out of himself. My first knull clear and a couple days after that were incredibly difficult, but he's a boss that you'll definitely get the hang of and have a much easier time once you've got each of his patterns down.

Also when you get to the point where damage isn't an issue but surviving can be, Stage 2 can be easier than Stage 1 because Stage 1 has that annoying Blade Twister effect.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

A surfing dog?! posted:

I'm not sure if you mean what kind of obelisk people are talking about when they mention a proc, but it's only the one where it gives a flat percentage increase on one attack up to 200% or a CTP of Energy. I mostly mention that because I didn't realize til I started playing again that's what that meant, and I've got a couple characters with the "Energy beam falling on the head of the enemy to cause damage" type obelisks instead.

Most of the time your proc timing is taken into consideration when people make rotations like the ones on this list http://rotations.21000dollor.com/. If you want to actually pay attention to when it happens, it's when the grey vest-looking icon next to your character's portrait turns green and a short timer ticks down. It's kinda difficult for me to explain, but if the timer is ticking down during your most damaging skill that's good. If it starts and stops too soon, the proc wasn't timed right because the skill canceling timing was wrong or something.

If you've got three awakened characters, my easiest Knull clear when I first started was using three awakening characters and just rotating between them and using their awakened skills, though it still took me a while figuring him out to beat him like that. I think strikers are pretty important, like having Ancient One for some characters like Sharon or Phoenix Five and Venom/Baby Groot for Ghost Rider along with an ignore dodge striker if the character needs it. Abusing the co-op button at the right times helps too. During his first phase, if you have one primary damage dealer you'd rather not switch from, you can hit it after he says You can't escape/hide from me and after the floor gets all symbiote-y to avoid the stun. It takes a bit of practice to time it right and it's a little harder to time than just switching characters when that happens. You can also co-op to avoid deaths from being caught in purple zones or if you've been hit enough times for that instant kill effect to happen. It also works during that last phase if you're having a hard time DPSing him down if you pay close attention to when he pulls his sword back out of himself. My first knull clear and a couple days after that were incredibly difficult, but he's a boss that you'll definitely get the hang of and have a much easier time once you've got each of his patterns down.

Also when you get to the point where damage isn't an issue but surviving can be, Stage 2 can be easier than Stage 1 because Stage 1 has that annoying Blade Twister effect.

Thank you for this!

I know there are some obelisks who have that damage boost proc, but don't CTPs have stuff like that, too?

I've got 5 Awakened - Superior Ock, Bill, Cho, Red Guardian (sans movie uni), and Mystique. I guess I need to learn a bit more about Striker deployment, as I tend to use the same batch for everyone.

I guess I've been dreading memorizing rotations, but I suppose that beats button mashing whimsically. So you wait for the proc-icon thing to turn green, then hit your big damage attacks? Or you try to guess when it will turn green, hit your big damage attack and hope it turns green while it's going on?

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

Attached is a screenshot of the damage proc activating.

This is the best video I have found on the topic of the damage proc and activating it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPhX2jjfVWw

The rotations are like a cheat sheet to get the proc to activate on a certain skill. There is still an element of luck involved. I'm not great at it except for Cable because you can just sit there and let is 5 skill run until the proc activates and after 5 seconds cancel it by moving or switching to a different skill.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm thinking for my next t3 either Thor or Venom.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm working up Valkyrie for the T3 support. Ran out of bam/chaos norns again though, my punishment for ignoring Shadowlands for the last year or so. I'm on the last step of the Sentinel epic quest too, only 1100ish ccf to go. I need to take some time and finish the story quests so it will let me fight alien Dracula. Does Knull join the UWB rotation once you unlock him?

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

Thank you for this!

I know there are some obelisks who have that damage boost proc, but don't CTPs have stuff like that, too?

I've got 5 Awakened - Superior Ock, Bill, Cho, Red Guardian (sans movie uni), and Mystique. I guess I need to learn a bit more about Striker deployment, as I tend to use the same batch for everyone.

I guess I've been dreading memorizing rotations, but I suppose that beats button mashing whimsically. So you wait for the proc-icon thing to turn green, then hit your big damage attacks? Or you try to guess when it will turn green, hit your big damage attack and hope it turns green while it's going on?

Destruction and Energy work like Obeslisks while Rage and Judgment last through multiple skill uses. Bill, Mystique, and Cho would be a great team. I don't have personal experience with Cho, but I do know at least that Bill is great for the final phase of Knull. If you save your awakening skill, Bill can beat on Knull before Thor shows up.

absolute j-unit's post explains the proc thing pretty well. Using those rotations should take care of most of your proc timing for you, but it's worth paying attention to make sure the proc is going off on something real hard hitting like your t3/awakening skill. That element of luck he mentioned can be annoying too, and it can be frustrating if you delay using a t3 and still not get a proc for your efforts. cynicalex has a lot of great videos and if you're struggling against Knull, he has several videos covering his fight too.

bagrada posted:

Does Knull join the UWB rotation once you unlock him?

Yep. I've been pretty unlucky and I've only gotten him as world boss of the day once since I've unlocked him, but I only refresh 3 times to try to save gold.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

TY for answers to earlier questions. One other newbie question here: with the 6600 crystals I've saved up, does it make more sense to pick up Magneto (which would also effectively include Jean Grey) or Moonstone? My understanding is that power creep has made Moonstone indispensable.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Anals of History posted:

TY for answers to earlier questions. One other newbie question here: with the 6600 crystals I've saved up, does it make more sense to pick up Magneto (which would also effectively include Jean Grey) or Moonstone? My understanding is that power creep has made Moonstone indispensable.

Personally, I would get Mags, because Jean is top tier almost everywhere, and it sounds like Sentry is not.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Sentry got a bump. He's above Jean now. He's also absurdly pricey to level, though. It costs crystals to level gear past 20.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Jean has kinda fallen off and is just okay for PvE but still pretty good for PvP. She still puts up a strong fight against Silver Surfer and Sentry for me. I also wouldn't be surprised if she gets another uniform to put her back on top and make everyone sad again. You will eventually have to buy her overpriced uniform though if you want to take that into your crystal cost consideration. Magneto is pretty solid if you t3 him too, but he's not nearly as useful as Moonstone and you'd probably use those t3 materials on Jean first anyway.

Moonstone's damage is insane, but everything else from that epic quest will be a complete slog, so don't expect to get crystals back as quickly as you will with the Jean/Magneto one. She's one of my best clearers for Knull with just an obelisk and she does great against Cull. She's also good in abx and the best by far in drx if you care about those. Once I hit vibranium in drx I just play her once per day for an easy win.

As far as the other stuff from the Dark Avengers epic quest, Sentry is the best in PvP even with a PvE build if you play him manually from what I've seen, and he doesn't need to upgrade his gears past 20 to destroy WBU. He can handle low levels of Knull with low risk because of how tanky he is but his damage isn't great. He is incredibly expensive just to get him to a usable point with how many t3 materials you have to dump into the epic quest, though I've heard he can do well in PvP starting around level 55. I just got him there but I'm too lazy to manually play pvp so I haven't bothered trying. I hear decent things about Ares when he's awakened, but if I wanted a combat awakened character I'd just go for Moon Knight. Molecule Man is a joke.

Personally I think Moonstone will do a lot more for you in PvE, but Jean can definitely do good enough up to mid-level content while keeping you at a good enough place in PvP (except for weeks she's restricted). Depending on where you are in the game, you might want those t3 materials for different blast characters like Sharon or Dr Strange. Scarlet Witch might get a good bump soon with WandaVision too.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jan 16, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hate that PVE talk is everything but the actual story. I cannot express how much I hate how it forces you to use crappy versions of characters that vet players probably have spent a lot of time working on.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I quit this bad boy right after they added some X-men. Is it worth getting back into now? If so, what good guilds have room?

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

Doctor Goons has room.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Doctor_Acula posted:

I quit this bad boy right after they added some X-men. Is it worth getting back into now? If so, what good guilds have room?

I'm guessing you're Mathreea? I added you.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Looks like we get playable Knull

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1351001369914707970?s=20

Wouldn't be surprising if he ends up being our second native t3 character.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

quote:

Agents, in order to obtain Knull,
we must rely on the powers of our strongest super heroes!

They're gonna trick me into banging my head against that Knull WBU wall.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Spent last night boning up on Cynicalex videos and looking at the advice here to try and beat Knull for the first time, and still kept getting stunned and knocked around every time.

Just looking at his stupid 60 bars makes me not want to slog through it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I’m honestly all for PvE content that isn’t “auto clear these new 20 levels every day!”.

My roster just loving sucks at him. Went into training mode with Cyc lead, Carnage, and Mystique and the damage is just still too slow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I toughed it up and figured out how to beat Galactus to get Surfer. So I'm sure I'll do it with Knull when I'm feeling like a challenge. Right now I'm playing lazy and skip a bunch of things every day I can't just auto play. It usually cycles. Probably once I finish the Epic Quest.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

They're introducing ccf combining the same way you combine bam for native t3s. Looks like they really want you to be in a position to where you're doing Knull at least a few times a day to keep up with ccf costs.

As far as beating Knull goes, I'd say the new card crafting system makes the biggest difference. Pierce is incredibly broken. I mentioned here about a month ago that I only had two viable Knull teams, but getting 2% more pierce by getting lucky with cards let me push a few stages higher and made characters less reliant on other characters. Uniforms/characters are still important though of course, and I'd probably be at 3 a day if I didn't get Moonstone and Thor's new uni. I'd say if you're having a tough time getting 6* cards, it might be worth prioritizing unlocking the Ultimates Story mode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm figuring that I'll save crystals to unlock the vip route in the dark avengers missions so i can get Moonstone, as she sounds like a solid character.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I WAS saving for Nova and then ended up buying costumes. I'm saving again. Of Nova, Gladiator, Molecule Man, and Moonstone it sounds like she's the most talked about character and she's my personal favorite. So that's the goal. I'm getting there with Sentry. Stuck on ranking Ares to 3*. I just need to get 20 bios from him as a shifter and then I'll use a 3* ticket. If a 6* mega comes along I'll use it for him. But the shifting bios will happen eventually.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

What are the requirements for a character to fight Knull? I finally T3'd Carnage only to find out that Miles Morales isn't available. It appears to be T3 or Transcended, but it doesn't look like you can transcend Miles?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Where are my sitcom era WandaVision uniforms goddammit

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Definitely disappointed/surprised we've yet to get B&W newlywed Wanda and Vision. Hopeful they're just in no rush since the show will be airing for another month or two. It would be fun to get a Legendary thing for it.

Its kind of funny/hosed to realize they added the Black Widow movie stuff like a year ago and the movie's still not out.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Think they do enough lead up time that they are sitting on a huge complete eternals update?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The world is not ready for a game that lets you defeat Thanos by smashing dinner plates over his head

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Should I T3 Venom or Thor?

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

The Diddler posted:

What are the requirements for a character to fight Knull? I finally T3'd Carnage only to find out that Miles Morales isn't available. It appears to be T3 or Transcended, but it doesn't look like you can transcend Miles?

Yeah poor Miles probably won't be able to transcend until they decide to give him another uni. Still got a couple more years til Spider-Verse 2, though maybe they'll pull something else out of the comics.

twistedmentat posted:

Should I T3 Venom or Thor?

I'd personally go for Thor, but I don't have experience with T3 Venom. I think Venom is more obelisk friendly, though I've heard people do just fine with Thor without having to slap a Judgment/Rage on him too. Thor is a little weird to play at first, but I've grown to like his playstyle. If you're doing the All War story, Thor is a great choice because of the elemental restriction. They'll both do great in WBU, Venom can do a little more in ABX thanks to Paralysis on some skills and Silence on his t3 I think? but Thor will score higher when it's Paralysis. I don't know how Venom does in Squad battle but Thor's lingering lightning is pretty great for it. If you plan on doing Knull eventually, Thor does much better there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

A surfing dog?! posted:

Yeah poor Miles probably won't be able to transcend until they decide to give him another uni. Still got a couple more years til Spider-Verse 2, though maybe they'll pull something else out of the comics.

I'd personally go for Thor, but I don't have experience with T3 Venom. I think Venom is more obelisk friendly, though I've heard people do just fine with Thor without having to slap a Judgment/Rage on him too. Thor is a little weird to play at first, but I've grown to like his playstyle. If you're doing the All War story, Thor is a great choice because of the elemental restriction. They'll both do great in WBU, Venom can do a little more in ABX thanks to Paralysis on some skills and Silence on his t3 I think? but Thor will score higher when it's Paralysis. I don't know how Venom does in Squad battle but Thor's lingering lightning is pretty great for it. If you plan on doing Knull eventually, Thor does much better there.

Okay, that last part clinches it for Thor. Also I've had thor read to go to t3 for as long as T3 has been a thing.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Thor is one of the two heroes I have that can do stage 9 Knull, though that's because I've postponed Odin to dump all my resources into Knull and I haven't gotten Knull's potential done yet. Venom is definitely good enough to do Knull, but he's such an amazing striker for keeping Ghost Rider alive that I'm probably not going to t3 him myself for a long time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who else should i t3? My current t3 roster is Wanda, Thanos, Jean, Deadpool, Cap, Xavier, Sharon Rogers, Iron Man, Star Lord, Luna, Nat, Spidy and Carol.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Ghost rider jumps out to me, Odin if you can dump the extra resources. Do you have Namor or Carnage?

The Dave fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 30, 2021

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The only T3s I'm not even CLOSE with are Carnage (much as I don't love the character, I'm pondering blowing rank-up tickets on him), Black Bolt, Winter Soldier, Iron Man, Dormammu, Venom, Crescent, Red Skull (I don't T3 Nazis). I don't own Molecule Man or Knull - I'm saving up for Moonstone, and I've yet to be able to beat Knull at all, and the prospect of slogging through a bunch of 60-bar tries just to get his bios is not appealing.

I've got Wanda, Odin, Thanos, Surfer, Apocalypse, Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier, Storm, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man and Loki ready to T3 as soon as I get enough CCF, which I'm currently blowing on Sentry's gear. All other T3s have been T3ed.

I've got five Transcend Potentials fully done - Bill, Mystique, Cho, Ock, and Red Guardian. Not even close with any of the others.

I also realize that Thor's new uniform is supposed to make him better, but his head looks dumb and I don't want to look at it, so I haven't gotten it yet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Dave posted:

Ghost rider jumps out to me, Odin if you can dump the extra resources. Do you have Namor or Carnage?

Yup have them as well. Only the more recent sub characters I'm lacking. I was hoping they would have added Rescue and Electro and the rest to the dimension missions, but nope.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Who else should i t3? My current t3 roster is Wanda, Thanos, Jean, Deadpool, Cap, Xavier, Sharon Rogers, Iron Man, Star Lord, Luna, Nat, Spidy and Carol.

Ghost Rider is definitely the strongest 800 ccf character, but that might only be if you have a Judgment/Rage available for him. I've never tried playing him with an obelisk, but he seems like he'd be a huge pain with his rotation. He does better for me against Knull with a Judgment than my Thor with a Rage, but his survivability is lacking without a healing striker.

Carnage is amazing in most content and might be the best combat type. Namor is great for abx/wbu/drx but weirdly terrible against Knull. Odin is only second to Knull when it comes to PvE, but he's also one of those characters that really needs a Rage because of his rotation. Strange is a great leadership for ignore dodge and does amazingly well against Knull in his last phase, but he also needs a Rage and he doesn't do great in some phases. Quicksilver is pretty good against Knull and only needs an obelisk.

Steve Vader posted:

The only T3s I'm not even CLOSE with are Carnage (much as I don't love the character, I'm pondering blowing rank-up tickets on him), Black Bolt, Winter Soldier, Iron Man, Dormammu, Venom, Crescent, Red Skull (I don't T3 Nazis). I don't own Molecule Man or Knull - I'm saving up for Moonstone, and I've yet to be able to beat Knull at all, and the prospect of slogging through a bunch of 60-bar tries just to get his bios is not appealing.

I've got Wanda, Odin, Thanos, Surfer, Apocalypse, Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier, Storm, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man and Loki ready to T3 as soon as I get enough CCF, which I'm currently blowing on Sentry's gear. All other T3s have been T3ed.

I've got five Transcend Potentials fully done - Bill, Mystique, Cho, Ock, and Red Guardian. Not even close with any of the others.

I also realize that Thor's new uniform is supposed to make him better, but his head looks dumb and I don't want to look at it, so I haven't gotten it yet.

Despite the extra bars, Knull's stage 1 health is about the same as stage 18 Thanos. His health each stage does have a significant jump though, and those stage 1 blade twisters have stunned me at the worst times. I probably wouldn't try to build up Knull even if you get his bios til you've got 5 clears daily against him just because of how ridiculous his ccf cost is.

Hopefully the next update is WandaVision and hopefully they give her a significant bump in power.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

A surfing dog?! posted:

Ghost Rider is definitely the strongest 800 ccf character, but that might only be if you have a Judgment/Rage available for him. I've never tried playing him with an obelisk, but he seems like he'd be a huge pain with his rotation. He does better for me against Knull with a Judgment than my Thor with a Rage, but his survivability is lacking without a healing striker.

Carnage is amazing in most content and might be the best combat type. Namor is great for abx/wbu/drx but weirdly terrible against Knull. Odin is only second to Knull when it comes to PvE, but he's also one of those characters that really needs a Rage because of his rotation. Strange is a great leadership for ignore dodge and does amazingly well against Knull in his last phase, but he also needs a Rage and he doesn't do great in some phases. Quicksilver is pretty good against Knull and only needs an obelisk.

I have a ton of CTP's that are un assigned because I'm afraid to put them on the wrong characters.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1356437188242735106?s=20

Always happy to get an upgrade for a character I already have t3'd

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ahha. Netmarble spoils that Deadpool is the one manipulating Wanda. Exciting WandaVision update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think I’m just in a rut until I can hope to get some pierce from crafting cards, which also sucks because I never had a need for six star cards for so long and I burned so many for agent levels and now I have nothing.

Yesterday I T3ed Ghost rider, leveled up his Uni a bit, threw Uru on him, got power of an angry hulk on his ISO, and then bought the legendary Far from Home so I could put a CTP of Rage on him. Cyclops lead and mystique support and not even close to making enough damage on Knull.