Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I would try this once. Maybe not those exact toppings but something like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh hell yeah

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1350160842545917953

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

On one hand, Elizabeth Smart has a hell of a message and is absolutely gorgeous

On the other, that's the kind of scene you should only see in a dystopian 80s action movie

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

C-Euro posted:

I would try this once. Maybe not those exact toppings but something like it.

I think it's the ketchup and mayo that gross me out the most. The other stuff would be fine if weird

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Kalli posted:

You know what, I just saw this, and I'm fine with whatever's going on with Kyrie. The world is a broken and alien place.

https://twitter.com/MaskedDancerFOX/status/1349748173535911943

If you don't remember who Elizabeth Smart is:

The Masked Singer is basically “let’s remember some guys”: The Show

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The implication is that the crowd would actually recognize the person when the mask comes off, though. Elizabeth Smart isn't even a D-list celebrity, she's just someone a handful of people might remember from an Opera episode or maybe the news articles, after they see the on-screen description about her.

I can't fault her for wanting to revive attention to her causes, but the wild cheering from the crowd is just so wierrrd, like we're supposed to believe they're all starstruck by this amazing popular person being the masked dancer!!!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

The implication is that the crowd would actually recognize the person when the mask comes off, though. Elizabeth Smart isn't even a D-list celebrity, she's just someone a handful of people might remember from an Opera episode or maybe the news articles, after they see the on-screen description about her.

I can't fault her for wanting to revive attention to her causes, but the wild cheering from the crowd is just so wierrrd, like we're supposed to believe they're all starstruck by this amazing popular person being the masked dancer!!!

Having only watched a single episode of that show, I have to imagine that the "judges" are given a list of 100 names that might be behind the various masks so they can at least remember who they are before getting unmasked, otherwise yeah I don't know how you remember this person unless you're plugged into her cause.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Leperflesh posted:

There are tons of people that no one recognizes on these shows until they say the name.

Also, all thise audience reactions are from previous seasons because of the rona. Still weird to edit them in like that.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Eh weird or not getting attention to abduction victims is hardly the worst thing to have a dumb contrivance of audience fake enthusiasm used on.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

From a few pages back:

CannonFodder posted:

Harry's tore me up.

I use a Gillette Fusion 5 blade and Aveeno shave cream.

Harry's blade cartridges used to be utter dogshit, like to the point that I would get a better shave with a two-blade Bic disposable, the kind that come in bags of ten for like two bucks at Walgreens. Around October of last year, though, Harry's redid their blades and they're actually sharp, now, to the point that a single cartridge will last a week for me, even longer if I actually use shave gel--I usually just put hot water on my face. (Yes, yes, I know I should be using an electric razor because I'm on lifelong anticoagulation, but they're hella expensive and every single electric I've ever used has chewed up my face to the point of oblivion.)

The Harry's blades still aren't up to the level of quality as the five-blade cartridges you can get from Dollar Shave Club, which is the gold standard for me, but they're a little bit cheaper and promo codes for discounts practically grow on trees, so it might not hurt to give them another shot. I think you qualify for another free trial if you haven't been a member for six months or more.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Flawless messaging

https://twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/1350128045781348352?s=19

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Just got off the call with the recruiter. They're going to make the offer! Said I was their #1 candidate and that when i got off the phone with the hiring manager last week, she immediately called the recruiter and said "that's the guy"

They're changing how the commission structure works so they'll be sending the written offer sometime next week.

:toot::toot::toot:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just got off the call with the recruiter. They're going to make the offer! Said I was their #1 candidate and that when i got off the phone with the hiring manager last week, she immediately called the recruiter and said "that's the guy"

They're changing how the commission structure works so they'll be sending the written offer sometime next week.

Hell yeah, you earned it.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

Congrats Joey, get that paper

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Rock on, Joey. :toot:

I've been unemployed since March but I'm finally starting to get second-round interviews again, hoping something comes through. I'm really tired of being broke (I have all of $13 in my checking account at the moment, and I have to claim a tax credit for my $600 stimulus payment) and I'm tired of freelance work.

Let's keep the positivity going, friends. :unsmith:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

Congrats!

I'm starting to talk with new companies next week.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Joey Freshwater posted:

:toot::yotj::toot::yotj:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Fish pic strikes again :coolfish:

Congrats Joey!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Thanks guys - I'm bouncing off the walls right now

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Congrats Joey, you deserve some good stuff after last year's run.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
congrats Joey Freshwater

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Congrats Joey!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i'm changing my linkedin to a fish pic!

congrats joey!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hell yeah

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Congratulations Joey! Fantastic news!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hell yeah dude!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

gently caress yeah, you deserve it man. Congratulations!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/thelovelypossum/status/1350103658940293121

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Joey Freshwater posted:

:grovertoot: congrats, new job tff crew!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yea, 2021 looking up for the TFF crew. Way to get that job Joey!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Very glad losing all those Goku figurines didn’t cost you that spot. Congrats!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hell yeah brother congrats

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Congrats Joey :toot:

dirty shrimp money posted:

On the other, that's the kind of scene you should only see in a dystopian 80s action movie

My wife loves the poo poo out of masked singer as a dumb popcorn TV but it blows my mind how close weve lurched to the Games Corporation slate in The Running Man novella.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

Congrats Joey :toot:

My wife loves the poo poo out of masked singer as a dumb popcorn TV but it blows my mind how close weve lurched to the Games Corporation slate in The Running Man novella.

Ready for Treadmill for Dollars?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Joey Freshwater posted:

Awesome, grats Joey!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

If I remember right King claims to have written that whole thing in one (surely cocaine filled) weekend.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

Ready for Treadmill for Dollars?

I want to see who becomes Evan McCone and the Hunters. Probably Dog the Bounty Hunter or some stupid poo poo.

Grittybeard posted:

If I remember right King claims to have written that whole thing in one (surely cocaine filled) weekend.

Wouldn’t surprise me. It’s a short but riveting read.

If you haven’t read it I recommend it. It’s probably my favorite King story.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1350189778319208448

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Grittybeard posted:

I think it was a single week, not a weekend, but it was certainly during his days of heavy usage.

Cujo is the book that King can't remember writing because he was so strung out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

What exactly are they spending money on? How do they not have unlimited funds?