Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

seiferguy posted:

From the ISF facebook page

until I saw the 2nd panel I thought this was a Kenshipost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Android Apocalypse posted:

The whole Armie Hammer cannibal rumor is wild and I'm all in on it.

It's like the "Ted Cruz is the Zodiac" joke but actually kind-of funny.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Android Apocalypse posted:

The whole Armie Hammer cannibal rumor is wild and I'm all in on it.

what weird things you learn about in the simpsons meme thread

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

It's like the "Ted Cruz is the Zodiac" joke but actually kind-of funny.

https://twitter.com/czarmitch/status/1348655209850032133?s=20

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Is "cannibal" an identity you can just adopt? I've always had the impression that you have to actually eat a human to be a cannibal. If you just tell girls that you fantasize about it it's called being an edgelord.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Sagebrush posted:

Is "cannibal" an identity you can just adopt? I've always had the impression that you have to actually eat a human to be a cannibal. If you just tell girls that you fantasize about it it's called being an edgelord.

Fair question. I've always thought the *desire* to eat a human was what makes a person a cannibal. Like I wouldn't call those people who had to eat corpses to survive after the plane crashed "cannibals." But I can see your point too.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

"Cannibalism is about intent" is certainly a take.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

Its a sexual fetish thing, so its probably an identity you can adopt like Top or Bottom but gently caress if I know.. I knew a guy who was into cannibalism like this and he was just your regular kind and chill dude who just had bad luck at the fetish roulette, so people like this aren't all edgelords.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's a short road to having your knob cut off, cooked and served to you by a German man.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Removed a weird derail

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 15, 2021

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Woozie66 posted:

Fair question. I've always thought the *desire* to eat a human was what makes a person a cannibal. Like I wouldn't call those people who had to eat corpses to survive after the plane crashed "cannibals." But I can see your point too.

Perhaps it's like murder, and you must both actually commit the act and have the proper mens rea in order to be A Cannibal. I wouldn't call someone who was unwittingly served human meat a cannibal, but I also wouldn't use the term for some loser who just talks about it to freak people out.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 15, 2021

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
I'm a billionaire because while I don't actually have a billion dollars, I have the desire to.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

biznatchio posted:

I'm a billionaire because while I don't actually have a billion dollars, I have the desire to.

Talking about politics on the Internet has shown me that a lot of people share this opinion unironically though

they think if you say "you will never be a billionaire" you are trying to dunk on them or call them lazy or something

so yes in closing I would say Armie Hammer is a cannibal

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, look at it this way:

Even if you haven't gassed any minorities or actively persecuted them with draconian laws, just wanting to makes you a Nazi.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Sagebrush posted:

The catch here is that Armie Hammer has enough money that you can reasonably assume he would actually try it there's no reason to believe he hasnt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I feel the need to be a mild buzzkill and point out that the funny Armie Hammer cannibalism rumor is obscuring the definitely-not-a-rumor grooming and abuse allegations from multiple victims.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

...but what if... I were to purchase fast food, and disguise it as my own penis?

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lurdiak posted:

I feel the need to be a mild buzzkill and point out that the funny Armie Hammer cannibalism rumor is obscuring the definitely-not-a-rumor grooming and abuse allegations from multiple victims.
is it a rumor if the proof of him being cannibal fetishist also comes from said victims?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

goatface posted:

It's a short road to having your knob cut off, cooked and served to you by a German man.
The simpsons meme thread is going to strange new places

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Sagebrush posted:

Perhaps it's like murder, and you must both actually commit the act and have the proper mens rea in order to be A Cannibal. I wouldn't call someone who was unwittingly served human meat a cannibal, but I also wouldn't use the term for some loser who just talks about it to freak people out.

I think you actually have to freely enter into the decision to consume human flesh in order to be a cannibal rather than just a person who has engaged in an act of cannibalism. The people who resorted to human flesh as a result of extreme survival situations under threat of starvation can hardly be said to have acted freely and thus I think must be considered differently.

Probably a weird experience to come back from either way though.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, just eating it accidentally or because you need to for survival doesn't make you a cannibal. It does however make you a wendigo.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Stunt_enby posted:

is it a rumor if the proof of him being cannibal fetishist also comes from said victims?

Post/av combo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yeah, just eating it accidentally or because you need to for survival doesn't make you a cannibal. It does however make you a wendigo.

:hmmyes:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Baron von Eevl posted:

I’m like super-sensitive. Like I get the gout so easy so I usually stick to just a finger w/ hot sauce or a nose stuffed with garlic cloves. :jerky:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I mean “Donner Party” was a whole thing for a long time and I don’t think they wanted to eat their families...

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
I wonder who the real cannibals are?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TK-42-1 posted:

I mean “Donner Party” was a whole thing for a long time and I don’t think they wanted to eat their families...

Oh REALLY, smart guy?
Why'd they call it a PARTY, then? Hmmm?
Check mate.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Rascar Capac posted:

I wonder who the real cannibals are?

The real cannibals were the friends we made into dinner along the way

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

Super Nintendo 64 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 16, 2021

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Nice

ili
Jul 26, 2003

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

nice

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1350826837669249029

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
His eyes are red cos he's been smoking WEED 😈

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/andyhou10/status/1350385661539459072