Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The Door Frame posted:

So what's the deal with Glacial now? Twin Shadows and the Hextech thing are gone, and I can't think of any active items replacing them that make use of the rune, so it's lost half the utility it had before, right? Are there plans to make it more powerful or add items that work with it, because I'm starting to get the feeling that they forgot about Glacial in the preseason updates and are hoping that we forget too

Riot just completely forgot about Glacial Augment with the item rework and now nobody but Senna cares about it.
It works with Stridebreaker, Randuin, and Chemtank, but nobody who buys those items wants the rune.

njsykora posted:

Senna still absolutely loves Glacial Augment because it makes it so much easier to harvest souls of enemy champs. Everfrost will still proc it too so it’s not completely without use even if Everfrost needs some pretty significant buffs if Riot want it to ever be bought by anyone.

The problem with everfrost glacial is that slows don't matter if the enemy is already rooted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

case 1 is the one situation where you should actively try to killsteal

I queued a late night ranked game last season and got a jungle YI with like a 60% win rate, and I was on my best champ with one of the best support combos (Jhin+Swain) and Swain used his W to help Yi get a kill in the enemy's jungle but the W took the kill and Yi spent the entire game flaming and alternating between running it down and trying to win.

If you're going for comedy, antagonizing these types of people is A+. If you're purely focused on WR% you gotta do everything possible to reduce friction in your team.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
if you're purely focused on WR% and not the interactions with other alive human players just play solo botgames

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

strong bird posted:

the goal of going top is to finish ur support item. were completely ignoring the top laners wants and needs because theyre irrelevant in this, and most, circumstance(s)

you sound absolutely awful to play with

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

strong bird being awful to play with is arguably one of his charm points

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
actually now I'm wondering which champs could sort of get away with stridebreaker+glacial

strong bird
May 12, 2009

:grin:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Today I just learned that because of Katarina's R now repeatedly applying on-hit effects, a Rammus can kill her just by pressing W near her.

It's hilarious.

edit: :toot: after placing in bronze iii, I have forced my way up to silver by playing a whole lot of miss fortune and rammus

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 15, 2021

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Mundo visual rework writeup
https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/dev/dev-the-latest-on-dr-mundo-s-vgu/?utm_source=LeagueClient&utm_medium=OverviewTier2Pos2

A brief summary of what it's like reading this thread:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well your first problem is being literate.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

strong bird posted:

5 carries is better than 4 and some dude who gets autofilled and slam picks alistar like its 2006

what universe did this post come from where the auto filled supports are not picking a mage

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

SirSamVimes posted:

you sound absolutelysomething awful to play with

Roll credits.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Canopus250 posted:

Is there any news that more prestige skins (like any older ones) will be available before the points go away? I'd assume not, but I'm not super excited about the ones I own the base skin for.

You can use any prestige skin without owning the base skin

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://twitter.com/LoL_France/status/1350144421048811522

Rammus getting an ultimate change and Tahm getting something down the pipeline too

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Thank goodness. Tahm is such a cool concept with such a weird busted kit

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I want to play him support again.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Servaetes posted:

https://twitter.com/LoL_France/status/1350144421048811522

Rammus getting an ultimate change and Tahm getting something down the pipeline too

Tahms had some tentative changes on PBE that they trailed for like 2 days and then they've been on the list for absolutely loving ages, from memory I think:

1. Switch around devour and his ulti, then make his ulti much shorter range but knocks people up on arrival, but you can no longer bring people with you. From memory it's like 1000 units now, so enough to surprise people but unless you land right under them it's your only reliable cc.
2. devour is then his ultimate, gets back it's old insane ratios (I think... 44% max hp damage at max rank?) and has a longer duration when used on an ally.

I think they kinda twigged the problem with tahm was that his devour was problematic since you could do some stupid cheese with towers with it with various runes, and additionally it was stupid busted in a support kit since it let him basically cover up literally any mistake the ADC made since the CD was (relatively speaking) so low that you could use it on basically any engage to cancel it.

If that's still the case gently caress knows.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rammus getting a new ult is good because he might as well not have an ult right now.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

njsykora posted:

Rammus getting a new ult is good because he might as well not have an ult right now.

At one point didn't it have some wild ratios and completely destroy towers?

Of course, now trist, ziggs and a ton of other characters can rip down towers so I suppose it doesn't really matter anymore.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

njsykora posted:

At least give it better vfx, I feel like its range isn't really clear unless he's got specific skins on

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Very excited for the Tahm changes, he’s always been my favorite champ design so I’m glad to get to play him again

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Drone_Fragger posted:

Tahms had some tentative changes on PBE that they trailed for like 2 days and then they've been on the list for absolutely loving ages, from memory I think:

1. Switch around devour and his ulti, then make his ulti much shorter range but knocks people up on arrival, but you can no longer bring people with you. From memory it's like 1000 units now, so enough to surprise people but unless you land right under them it's your only reliable cc.
2. devour is then his ultimate, gets back it's old insane ratios (I think... 44% max hp damage at max rank?) and has a longer duration when used on an ally.

I think they kinda twigged the problem with tahm was that his devour was problematic since you could do some stupid cheese with towers with it with various runes, and additionally it was stupid busted in a support kit since it let him basically cover up literally any mistake the ADC made since the CD was (relatively speaking) so low that you could use it on basically any engage to cancel it.

If that's still the case gently caress knows.

I think it'd be kinda boring to give him a CC effect after all this time insisting that's not really what he does, but honestly I wouldn't complain if changes made him viable again as a jungler because he's quite possibly my most favorite thematic champion in the entire game

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Elvis_Maximus posted:

At one point didn't it have some wild ratios and completely destroy towers?

Of course, now trist, ziggs and a ton of other characters can rip down towers so I suppose it doesn't really matter anymore.

I'm looking forward to new Rammus rolling on down to a Trist/Ziggs botlane and following up a successful gank by tearing a tower down from full health in two seconds flat.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

njsykora posted:

It isn't... bad... but you look at it on paper and mundos E is objectively better and gives him tenacity.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I just figured out that Rylai's triggers Imperial Mandate, why did no one tell me this? I kept thinking that they couldn't work together, that would be obnoxious, but I happened to build both on the same champ to better land my non-CC combo and my only non-CC spell started triggered it. Now I know that I can be cheap, obnoxious, and beneficial to the team with almost any mage

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Drone_Fragger posted:

It isn't... bad... but you look at it on paper and mundos E is objectively better and gives him tenacity.

It's not for the damage, it's for locking people into the hellzone they can never escape from, thylus fitting into Rammus' primary role: ensuring that the enemy team's ad champions are not allowee to play the game.

I am excited about the new ult meaning people can no longer make me blow flash by hiding on the othet side of a wall of minions.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I liked Tahm's design and yeah his kit doesn't really work.

Edit: the change to how locket of iron solari is built is the greatest thing in this game. Folks Im real bad at this game but surviving things you shouldn't because of it feels good each and every time.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 16, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Double post but gently caress you placement matches I went from Iron 3 to Silver 3 with a ~70% win rate mostly carried by long game win streak. Now I think Im at the appropriate level of my badness but gonna try and get to gold because there are prizes?

The above said Im a total Sona one-trick where Im averaging 69% or so with her and like 30% when forced to use anyone else so uh, what is a good resource to understand more champs? I am atrociously bad at determining when Im actually strong enough to kill someone in a fight as an adc or an a. As a jungler Im ok in the laning phase but then turn to hot dogshit when we exit that period because I cannot for the life of me ever feel strong enough to fight someone.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jan 17, 2021

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Barudak posted:

Double post but gently caress you placement matches I went from Iron 3 to Silver 3 with a ~70% win rate mostly carried by long game win streak. Now I think Im at the appropriate level of my badness but gonna try and get to gold because there are prizes?

The above said Im a total Sona one-trick where Im averaging 69% or so with her and like 30% when forced to use anyone else so uh, what is a good resource to understand more champs? I am atrociously bad at determining when Im actually strong enough to kill someone in a fight as an adc or an a. As a jungler Im ok in the laning phase but then turn to hot dogshit when we exit that period because I cannot for the life of me ever feel strong enough to fight someone.

As a sona one-trick, the thing that's been working for me is playing a bunch of aram to get experience with what it feels like to fight as different champions, and how your kit interacts with the others on the field. It's not a perfect arena for learning because the 1v1 experience is very hard to get in ARAM, but the stakes are low enough that you can experiment without feeling bad.

Once you've got some basic familiarity, you've gotta just start trying stuff in games and seeing how it works.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

njsykora posted:

Rammus ult should be something like "every allied champion within 100 teemos moves at the same speed as Rammus for the duration"

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Barudak posted:

play video game in draft pick and go nuts

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

I just figured out that Rylai's triggers Imperial Mandate, why did no one tell me this?

The reason no one's told you this is because, for any champion who doesn't already have a cheap way of proccing Mandate on-demand, waiting all the way until you've finished Rylai's before your first item becomes useful is way too goddamn long to wait.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Vermain posted:

The reason no one's told you this is because, for any champion who doesn't already have a cheap way of proccing Mandate on-demand, waiting all the way until you've finished Rylai's before your first item becomes useful is way too goddamn long to wait.

Unless you're Asol, but even then that's probably dead with the new patch.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

give rammus old galio's ult. make him even more of an obnoxious hellspawn to yasuone mains

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Vermain posted:

If you have no built in CC then you would build Rylai's as the first item, not a useless Mandate.
But yeah riot saw that asols were building Rylai into Mandate and nerfed it bigtime by moving most of the damage from the initial proc (0 cooldown, triggered by every rylai hit) to the allied-champion proc (6 second cooldown, can't use it at all if you're solo)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If you have no built in CC then you would build Rylai's as the first item, not a useless Mandate.
But yeah riot saw that asols were building Rylai into Mandate and nerfed it bigtime by moving most of the damage from the initial proc (0 cooldown, triggered by every rylai hit) to the allied-champion proc (6 second cooldown, can't use it at all if you're solo)

And they're nerfing it further by moving the cooldown from the allied champion proc to the intial proc.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

ashe the frost archer was building it

strong bird
May 12, 2009

that item sucks and will continue to suck except for champs that can proc it themselves like nami cause degenerate carry players cant leave us alone

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

CYBEReris posted:

give rammus old galio's ult. make him even more of an obnoxious hellspawn to yasuone mains

Unsteady Earth: all champions are grounded for ten seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Cage Kicker posted:

Rammus ult should be something like "every allied champion within 100 teemos moves at the same speed as Rammus for the duration"

I mean that's basically kleds ultimate you realise