Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

EL BROMANCE posted:

My yearly sub ended yesterday so I made sure to locally download about 50gb of episodes before I got cut off.

I'm at 83 gigs and still going :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Loved the last Earwolf episode of HH. Glad they discussed the intro song really quickly. Sean confirmed what I had basically thought the "small small small" thing meant. lol. And are they recording in the studio? When Sean mentioned that everyone should say Hi....I could have sworn I heard PFT in the background laughing.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I found it hard to keep up with the Flagrant Ones and dropped off. Too bad because I love the boys. Just not enough time to keep up on everything. I'll be looking to jump back on now that everything is going to the Patreon. Good for them.

Side note....are they ever going to do the t-shirts again?

They really should now that they have a teepublic set up to deal with the logistical issues for them, but no idea if they're planning to.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Sinteres posted:

They really should now that they have a teepublic set up to deal with the logistical issues for them, but no idea if they're planning to.

They've got a couple of shirts available on their store already https://www.teepublic.com/stores/the-flagrant-ones

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I already have Pinchy Crabs and want more fake teams. That's a pretty tough one to beat though, and I have no idea if Skyler in Dallas is still interested since I can't find any recent tweets by him about the pod.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like the My House Tables

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Jackson Maines was one of the funniest fake team names they didn't do anything with.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Sinteres posted:

I already have Pinchy Crabs and want more fake teams. That's a pretty tough one to beat though, and I have no idea if Skyler in Dallas is still interested since I can't find any recent tweets by him about the pod.

Yeah. I have the Baltimore Pinchy Crabs and the Pittsburgh Shirts one. Those are the only two fake team shirts that they did back when they started the podcast. I do see that with the Pinchy Crabs one....they offer a lot more options on colors and fabrics. Back then....the only option was size.

But yeah.....now that they have the store thing open.....it would basically just be up to Skyler to design some new ones.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Loved the last Earwolf episode of HH. Glad they discussed the intro song really quickly. Sean confirmed what I had basically thought the "small small small" thing meant. lol. And are they recording in the studio? When Sean mentioned that everyone should say Hi....I could have sworn I heard PFT in the background laughing.

That was Engineer Devin laughing through the Zoom meeting they used to record.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Franchescanado posted:

That was Engineer Devin laughing through the Zoom meeting they used to record.

Ah...ok. Sounded a ton like PFT.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

None of my stitcher unofficial RSS's have updated this morning, should I be worried...?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ArtVandelay posted:

None of my stitcher unofficial RSS's have updated this morning, should I be worried...?

Handbook is gone from the Earwolf main page (still on the dropdown list of shows, but if you click on the icon you get a 404 page) so if you're looking for that I wouldn't be surprised if the Stitcher feed just isn't updating anymore. Time to add the new free RSS feed.

Otherwise at this point I think that's par for the Stitcher course. Stitcher Premium: Pay us money to get access to the shows you love hours or days after the standard free feed goes live!

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

fwiw, a new HH came through on my unofficialfeeds rss just fine today. I've seen a fair number of temporary outages on all those feeds, though, and they've usually worked fine a few hours later

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I think it was just down, it's fine now

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

lol are they just rebooting Hollywood Handbook? looking forward to the return of gambino

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
In the latest ep of Action Boyz (True Lies) Stanger revealed that he used to be a "dancer" at bachelorette parties. Honestly not that surprising but very funny.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gargamel Gibson posted:

In the latest ep of Action Boyz (True Lies) Stanger revealed that he used to be a "dancer" at bachelorette parties. Honestly not that surprising but very funny.

im the stanger of something awful

i never played football in college and im not tall and jacked and handsome and funny and cool, and i definitely wasnt a male stripper, but im definitely just like him

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Him trying to play it off casually as if it'd been mentioned many times before, and he barely even needed to discuss it, was very funny

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Algund Eenboom posted:

Him trying to play it off casually as if it'd been mentioned many times before, and he barely even needed to discuss it, was very funny

I love imagining Stanger's mom discovering this about her son while listening to the podcast.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
sometimes I forget that both Stanger and Rodgers have a mustache

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Casey Finnigan posted:

sometimes I forget that both Stanger and Rodgers have a mustache

And me here with only only nickel

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Give that man all the kisses, IMO

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Yeah I mean I've listened to every episode of Action Boyz and Dumbbells and even heard Stanger on some other random podcasts and he's never ever mentioned he was a stripper/dancer once. So it was very funny to hear him play it off or try to be coy like "oh i'm sure you've heard this" especially when you consider Action Boyz how he's spent hundreds of hours talking to those guys. I legit laughed out loud when he dropped that bomb.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Subscribed to the Flagrant Ones bundle. Glad I did. Should have been keeping up on it this entire time. Where do you guys listen to these podcasts? It's pretty clear that the Patreon app still sucks out loud.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Patreon also provides an RSS link that you can paste into any podcast app. That's what I've always done.

I decided to go for the video bundle and I was pleasantly surprised that the first Pro Version video had quite a bit of bonus footage at the beginning of Sean & Kevin screwing around and doing an ad read while waiting for Hayes.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i bought pocketcasts a long time ago and just shove RSS feeds into it

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Does anyone have a link to a clip of the aids-mommy-snail-vape acting scene from hollywood masterclass? Not sure if that's ok to ask for since it's paid content now, but maybe just the clip is ok?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Subscribed to the Flagrant Ones bundle. Glad I did. Should have been keeping up on it this entire time. Where do you guys listen to these podcasts? It's pretty clear that the Patreon app still sucks out loud.

Overcast app

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
with everything that came out about cards against humanity, these "ads" are even funnier now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VGXloYZctI

They were asked to stop doing these because they were talking poo poo right? lmao

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Finally cancelled Stitcher Premium last week. Went to refresh my Bonanas for Bonanza feed out of habit and...it loaded all the new episodes, including yesterday's Bonusunanza. Same for my HH Pro Version feed. Gotta love a company so poorly run that even cancelling the service isn't enough to actually cancel your service.

I put on the Bonusnanza from two weeks back and they specifically address "podcast rustlers" who are listening, so now I fear Dalton WIlcox is coming for me.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

with everything that came out about cards against humanity, these "ads" are even funnier now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VGXloYZctI

They were asked to stop doing these because they were talking poo poo right? lmao

Sean's "spite" move of buying a copy of "Humor at Home for Dummies Conversation Cards" and incorporating them into an episode was amazing. As was mentioning it to PFT in the Brandon Content episode and getting an acidic "Cards Against Humanity: just get together with your friends and find out how funny you all are" in response.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

Finally cancelled Stitcher Premium last week. Went to refresh my Bonanas for Bonanza feed out of habit and...it loaded all the new episodes, including yesterday's Bonusunanza. Same for my HH Pro Version feed. Gotta love a company so poorly run that even cancelling the service isn't enough to actually cancel your service.

I believe when you cancel Stitcher you're still there until it expires. So I've still got it until December 30th.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GoutPatrol posted:

I believe when you cancel Stitcher you're still there until it expires. So I've still got it until December 30th.

I meant cancel in an "I did not pay for another year" way.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

loved in today's flagrant ones where they talk about having to re-record later than usual because big news happened

but it turned out the big news was james harden's press conference about being unhappy and not the massive trade of james harden

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's posts like that that keep me from giving Flagrant Ones another shot.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

feedmyleg posted:

You sound like an officer of the law.

IT'S TIME TO GET FLAAAAAAGRANT

cams
Mar 28, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

it's my second favorite podcast i love it

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

cams posted:

loved in today's flagrant ones where they talk about having to re-record later than usual because big news happened

but it turned out the big news was james harden's press conference about being unhappy and not the massive trade of james harden

Yeah today's was an amazing episode. It's really beautiful how similar their story is to Bob Iger's.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Oh wow, HDTGM did an episode on "A Gnome Named Gnorm", wasn't expecting that. I haven't listened yet but now I'm curious, it's such a weird obscure bad movie that just kind of misses the mark on all fronts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilZpE4yKFSU

The whole movie seems to be up on youtube if you're curious.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

piratepilates posted:

Oh wow, HDTGM did an episode on "A Gnome Named Gnorm", wasn't expecting that. I haven't listened yet but now I'm curious, it's such a weird obscure bad movie that just kind of misses the mark on all fronts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilZpE4yKFSU

The whole movie seems to be up on youtube if you're curious.

This was a CineD Z-Fest: Part Deux favorite! Such a crazy strange movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

feedmyleg posted:

I just started listening after Hollywood Handbook moved and I really like it and I have seen 3 total basketball games, of which 1 was college basketball and the other two were the Swedish team in the second division named after a local pressure-washer company.