Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
:2bong:

Spruchy posted:

Is dabbing worth it? One avenue I haven’t gone down.

Define "worth it"... If you're looking to get blasted then dabs will get you there quickly. The first time you try it will probably remind you of the first time you got high. And good lord please don't let the fear of increased tolerance prevent you from trying it. People talk about "T breaks" in this thread like it's the boogeyman.

But also what that other person said, please please please do not buy concentrates from the black market. These extracted products should absolutely be tested and certified with medical guidelines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Extracts are great, but I find dabbing is a bit extreme. It's too hot, and too much in one hit. I like to titrate, and I guess my lungs are a bit delicate these days.

Dynavap + Dynacoil has been great for me with everything from hash to diamonds and sauce, especially when connected to a water bong. It's probably about as close to dabbing as I'll ever get.

I like to get a gram of diamonds and sauce every time I pick up my herbs (normally 14g), and the extract lasts me for about a week, so I then spend on average 2+ weeks without it, and it seems fine. There's not a period where I'm not high.

But yeah, dynavap + dynacoil. I can't recommend it enough.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I got a black Friday deal on a dynavap and induction heater. I love it. I was skeptical on the dynacoil though. Cleaning my dab equipment suuucks, and I worry the coil would be too messy. Am I a dumb baby?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

el B posted:

I got a black Friday deal on a dynavap and induction heater. I love it. I was skeptical on the dynacoil though. Cleaning my dab equipment suuucks, and I worry the coil would be too messy. Am I a dumb baby?

I bought a cheap sonic jewelry cleaner, and put hot water in it, and the coil + dynavap bits (minus the cap) in a mini mason jar containing ISO. It takes a few mins, and it comes out glistening.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 16, 2021

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

LuckyCat posted:

Got a raise at work and after tomorrow is a 3 day weekend so I’m celebrating by doing what I do every night

...try and take over the world???

If we're taking cartoons, fuckin animaniacs reboot is great while high.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

el B posted:

And good lord please don't let the fear of increased tolerance prevent you from trying it. People talk about "T breaks" in this thread like it's the boogeyman.

Lol if your tolerance isn't totally wrecked from getting high 24/7 since at least March 2020

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

bagmonkey posted:

Lol if your tolerance isn't totally wrecked from getting high 24/7 since at least March 2020

It probably wasn't clear, but this was what I was trying to get at.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Yeah I'm in that boat too, but I started growing my own in the summer so luckily it hasn't been too costly.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Antioch posted:

Yeah I'm in that boat too, but I started growing my own in the summer so luckily it hasn't been too costly.

The dream. Maybe one day some day I'll be able to get a house and grow a little.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

el B posted:

Just use a pen with an atomizer for concentrates. Adapters that let you put concentrate into a dry herb vape never, ever work as well or without big caveats like making a mess.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
fuckin DABS bro . but yes people make fake carts all day everywhere now so keep an eye out for that. You want official dispensaries stickers on your product .

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

el B posted:

But also what that other person said, please please please do not buy concentrates from the black market.

Sjs00 posted:

fuckin DABS bro . but yes people make fake carts all day everywhere now so keep an eye out for that. You want official dispensaries stickers on your product .

how quickly things have changed. when this thread was first posted, the black market was literally the only option for most of the US. and for quite a lot of the country, it still is.

though now that we have like 16 states that are fully legal, even if you live in an illegal state there is more of a chance that you can get something that came from an actual dispensary or you can get a prescription. still, all the branding and stickers etc. are incredibly easy to fake and even in legal states there are people selling fake carts

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Weed and three day weekends are good

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
oh my god i am absolute trash at rolling a j

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

fuctifino posted:

Extracts are great, but I find dabbing is a bit extreme. It's too hot, and too much in one hit. I like to titrate, and I guess my lungs are a bit delicate these days.

Dynavap + Dynacoil has been great for me with everything from hash to diamonds and sauce, especially when connected to a water bong. It's probably about as close to dabbing as I'll ever get.

I like to get a gram of diamonds and sauce every time I pick up my herbs (normally 14g), and the extract lasts me for about a week, so I then spend on average 2+ weeks without it, and it seems fine. There's not a period where I'm not high.

But yeah, dynavap + dynacoil. I can't recommend it enough.

I broke my quartz banger and replaced it with a dynacoil, since I already have a fully kitted dyna setup besides that. honestly I think the dynacoil hits as hard as the banger does, I get awesome dabs off it

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

just want to announce that i haven’t had any THC in a week which is completely bonkers. wonder what my first day back is gonna be like, i bought some blueberry sundae pre-rolls yesterday. gonna be veruca salt

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

nishi koichi posted:

oh my god i am absolute trash at rolling a j

gently caress joints

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

These work fine. A little weird to work out the right amount of tension at first, just takes practice. Too loose, apply pressure to the back roller while pulling. Too tight, let it roll freely as you pull the front roller.

gently caress ego checks for hand rolling. Joint rolled with a machine isn't any less smokable.

Also papers are way cheaper of you just buy a box of the drat things. I think my last box of 50 packs of Elements was $30, compared to $3-5/pack at the gas station.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 18, 2021

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i use this exact one and it makes a perfect one every time, even the first one i made. i cut off the bottom 1/2" inch of an old magic card and roll it into a spiral to make a filter and set that all the way on the left side, then fill the rest with wede and roll it until it's cylindrical. feed the paper in with the glue facing you, roll it up until the glue is just showing, wet it and roll it the rest of the way. i've only ever used the front roller. i can't roll a normal joint for poo poo but people are impressed by these

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

nice ima grab one

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Same, it's about time for me..

jimmychoo posted:

just want to announce that i haven’t had any THC in a week which is completely bonkers. wonder what my first day back is gonna be like, i bought some blueberry sundae pre-rolls yesterday. gonna be veruca salt

You're gonna feel real good. Not quite first time high, but it'll be a hell of a lot of fun

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

These work fine. A little weird to work out the right amount of tension at first, just takes practice. Too loose, apply pressure to the back roller while pulling. Too tight, let it roll freely as you pull the front roller.

gently caress ego checks for hand rolling. Joint rolled with a machine isn't any less smokable.

Also papers are way cheaper of you just buy a box of the drat things. I think my last box of 50 packs of Elements was $30, compared to $3-5/pack at the gas station.

I just got one off Amazon to replace the lovely one I got free from some grey market vendor. Much better experience imho.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
those rolling machines work "fine" but imo produce a joint that is too small and too tight. you can get larger machines but learning to hand roll is worth it and a great skill for any stoner to have

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It is, but if you're getting small, tight joints from those rollers, you're probably dragging pressure on the back roller without realizing it, or overpacking it.

I use a 110mm roller, holds a gram pretty well. I can usually get 20+ minutes out of a joint from my machine, no tighter rolled than a cigarette. An 85mm roller is usually good for .75g or so. You're not going to be able to roll blunts in one (there's probably a roller made for that though), but you can get a good uniform joint once you're used to using it, just don't overpack it.

I used to be able to hand roll a little, but I always needed a dollar bill or something to smooth it out. This is just a dollar bill in a frame linked end to end. My hands are shaky enough that being able to lock the tumblers together and set it down is a nice feature while I fiddle with papers or have a squirrel moment. Yeah, hand rolling is great if you can do it, but this takes the effort out of it for most people.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

If you want to learn to roll joints imo, get some good rolling tobacco or an herbal blend or prepared cbd flower, whatever and practice with that, even if you only smoke herb - you want something that's at least halfway decent so it's not completely dry. I wouldn't actually smoke them, but I'd light them after you roll them and see how they burn, see if they chase down one side or whatever. A properly rolled joint won't chase, and will keep burning for at least a while without anyone drawing on it. You might mix cbd flower that was pre-ground for you w/ reg weed if you don't want a whole joint.

Part of it is knowing how much pressure to use (not much), and how to distribute it on the paper so it ends up evenly packed throughout. Another big part though is just knowing how it should be ground, what consistency you're looking for when you break up the buds to load the joint. That's why looking at an herbal blend as a reference can help.

I don't ever use grinders, as I prefer to break it up by hand. If you use a grinder you'll need to manually look for and remove any small stems so you don't rip the paper. It takes practice and a steady hand. I usually roll it a bit loose at the top end, and then use a pen cap or whatever to pack it down, then make that top the end of the joint (I roll cones mostly, which all you need to do is angle the paper slightly) .

What's nice about knowing how to roll good joints by hand is if you have even just a half a gram, if you know how to roll a nice j w/ that you can get considerably high with even just that bit, it's a nice method.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I know who I would let roll my joints in this thread
My Man SiD Vicious probably rolls a fat joint

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Broken Machine posted:

If you want to learn to roll joints imo, get some good rolling tobacco or an herbal blend or prepared cbd flower, whatever and practice with that, even if you only smoke herb - you want something that's at least halfway decent so it's not completely dry. I wouldn't actually smoke them, but I'd light them after you roll them and see how they burn, see if they chase down one side or whatever. A properly rolled joint won't chase, and will keep burning for at least a while without anyone drawing on it. You might mix cbd flower that was pre-ground for you w/ reg weed if you don't want a whole joint.

Part of it is knowing how much pressure to use (not much), and how to distribute it on the paper so it ends up evenly packed throughout. Another big part though is just knowing how it should be ground, what consistency you're looking for when you break up the buds to load the joint. That's why looking at an herbal blend as a reference can help.

I don't ever use grinders, as I prefer to break it up by hand. If you use a grinder you'll need to manually look for and remove any small stems so you don't rip the paper. It takes practice and a steady hand. I usually roll it a bit loose at the top end, and then use a pen cap or whatever to pack it down, then make that top the end of the joint (I roll cones mostly, which all you need to do is angle the paper slightly) .

What's nice about knowing how to roll good joints by hand is if you have even just a half a gram, if you know how to roll a nice j w/ that you can get considerably high with even just that bit, it's a nice method.

I like joints sometimes but when you're down to your last half gram is not the time at all imo. time to break out the 2L bottle a bucket and some tinfoil if its that or a joint

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Bro, do you really not use a small socket head for homemade gravity bong bowls

Tartan Target
Jun 1, 2001

I'll never get why people use rolling machines - rolling a joint is wildly easy, I've tried to use these before and I just find them massively frustrating. I might be an idiot.

Just buy some tobacco and learn to roll cigarettes. Don't smoke them (unless, y'know, you want to) and you won't waste any weed learning to roll. It's literally just a case of repetition and you get there sooner than you think - people always though my cigarettes looked like joints, so it's arguably easier to get them into that shape.

It's always the bit where you fold the paper in and under before sealing that people struggle with. Just do it over and over with tobacco for like, a few hours, and you'll eventually get it.

Americans don't seem to use cardboard roaches, so I will say that makes it wildly easier - I can't roll cigarettes without a filter.

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

buy yourself really nice and expensive rolling papers, that'll teach you to roll tight real fast

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Those cheapo rollers work like a charm and free me up to waste time I'd spend learning to roll trying to catch up on the many tv series I'm behind on.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

my hands are too loving dry to grip the paper, i can moisten my fingertips but they’ll just dry up quick anyway

Tartan Target posted:

Americans don't seem to use cardboard roaches, so I will say that makes it wildly easier - I can't roll cigarettes without a filter.

i’ve never heard of any smoker these days not using a crutch, unless they were desperate

e. got the little gadget, will test it out later

nishi koichi fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 18, 2021

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i don't smoke enough joints to ever really get any practice so the machine spits out a perfect one the 3 times a year i use it

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i was given an awful lot of weed and i like bringing something i can completely ditch on my walks

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

The Walrus posted:

I like joints sometimes but when you're down to your last half gram is not the time at all imo. time to break out the 2L bottle a bucket and some tinfoil if its that or a joint

Ewww, gravity bongs. I just smoke nice weed and it's legal here, so a half gram joint isn't because I'm scrounging, it's just an ample amount for a personal joint of strong weed, especially if it's a light fluffy strain. Try a nice half gram preroll from a dispensary sometime.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Better yet, try one infused with concentrates.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

rolling a joint that's smokable is easy, rolling a real nice joint that burns evenly is an art even the 1000th time you do it. also tons of people in america use the cardboard crutches we're not savages.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I started using crutches around the time I stopped rolling generation joints from roaches. I bought a book of raw crutches a couple years ago and still have a few sheets left thanks to reusing crutches.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

worked like a charm, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

yeah, uh, that week-long THC break really reset things for me. blueberry indica strain is the GOAT