Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Omi no Kami posted:

Is there anything in Shark Game after I max out my lab research and get the thing which makes whales generate essence? That was over really fast for an incremental thingie.

Open the strange gate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Open the strange gate?

Yep- I've changed planets a few times, I just wasn't sure if that was it or I was missing another layer of progression. ^^

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Omi no Kami posted:

Yep- I've changed planets a few times, I just wasn't sure if that was it or I was missing another layer of progression. ^^

It's from the weird spot between games having endings and games lasting forever so that the creator can make money

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Omi no Kami posted:

Is there anything in Shark Game after I max out my lab research and get the thing which makes whales generate essence? That was over really fast for an incremental thingie.

Whale essence gain is on the order of 1 per week so don't bother. Vanilla shark game quickly turns into 5 minute or less runs and there's nothing else once you get all the essence upgrades.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

dis astranagant posted:

Whale essence gain is on the order of 1 per week so don't bother. Vanilla shark game quickly turns into 5 minute or less runs and there's nothing else once you get all the essence upgrades.

Huh I must be playing a weird version then, 'cause mine's working at 1 an hour... but there's no point if I'm already at the end of content, thanks guys! :)

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I'm getting around 2.8 per hour, but yeah there's not much to do with it outside of more Totems or whatever.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

For FE000000, how do the Eternity Challenges work? I met the requirements to unlock one, started it, but it won't register as complete when I reach the goal and Infinity for the amount of IP.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Randalor posted:

For FE000000, how do the Eternity Challenges work? I met the requirements to unlock one, started it, but it won't register as complete when I reach the goal and Infinity for the amount of IP.

You have to eternity. It's such a common mistake (I even asked on the discord about it ages ago) that he added a little reminder at the top of the challenges :haw:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

GrossMurpel posted:

You have to eternity. It's such a common mistake (I even asked on the discord about it ages ago) that he added a little reminder at the top of the challenges :haw:

:doh: I see it now, the problem is that it's at the bottom of a wall of text if you've already started the challenge and hey, the challenges list IP requirements, so that must mean I need to Infinity! :eng101:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Randalor posted:

:doh: I see it now, the problem is that it's at the bottom of a wall of text if you've already started the challenge and hey, the challenges list IP requirements, so that must mean I need to Infinity! :eng101:

Yeah like I said, it's clearly a common mistake. When I first did EC1 I tried to click somewhere on the challenge itself (where you can exit it).

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Is there a complete guide to FE0000000? I just did EC1 and for whatever reason everything is going way slower than it did before. I dunno what I had it set to before I did the challenge.

Edit: Never mind I didn't see the next part for some reason

Cowman fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 17, 2021

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Weird Evolve post-blackhole questions:

1) Do you get the Technophobe/Ascension multiuniverse bonus from the Micro universe?

2) What exactly does the Mastery gene do? Is it affected by the Antimatter Mastery nerf?

3) Is it ever worth using phage for more than a token level of genes?

3) Basically, what should I be pushing for? Farming plasmids and phage to push the soft cap up? Dark matter? Just straight to late Hell mechanics and trying to Infuse all species? Kinda lost as to what's the most efficient way to make numbers go up. Obviously I could get all the achievement icons in universes I don't care about but I don't get much mechanical benefit from that.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Cowman posted:

Is there a complete guide to FE0000000? I just did EC1 and for whatever reason everything is going way slower than it did before. I dunno what I had it set to before I did the challenge.

Edit: Never mind I didn't see the next part for some reason

The guide shows you the part up to where you are with your savegame. So if you keep it open the entire time and go past the next breakpoint, you'll have to refresh it. Or just hit the "show everything" checkbox.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

headfake posted:

I had this experience too, so I started over and didn't look at the guide at all, and it worked out OK. I'm 13 days in now and at the last stage before Finality. I started to glance at the guide again in the last couple stages, but there's some randomness to dropped bonuses now, so it can't just tell you exactly what to do.

Thanks for making this post. It convinced me to play these idle games without looking up so much stuff all the time. I took a month break from NGU Idle about a month ago because I felt like it was just going to be a huge slog to get to Typo. I think, though, that if I hadn't been obsessively reading the guide I would had a better time. I would have just enjoyed the journey instead of obsessively checking my progress toward the next "milestone."

I've been playing Synergism and FE000000 without a guide so far, and I think I'm going to stick with this strategy. I realize now I like these kinds of games because they are kind of weird optimization puzzles, and if you just do what the guide says then you're just kind of stuck waiting around a lot while knowing you're already doing the most efficient thing.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 17, 2021

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

GrossMurpel posted:

The guide shows you the part up to where you are with your savegame. So if you keep it open the entire time and go past the next breakpoint, you'll have to refresh it. Or just hit the "show everything" checkbox.

That explains why I didn't see it. It doesn't help that it says "Incomplete"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

what are the best perks to gun for after unlocking evil (and buying the welcome to evil perk)

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Aurora posted:

what are the best perks to gun for after unlocking evil (and buying the welcome to evil perk)

getting one level in the iron pill buff makes it way way way good, don't remember a lot of the others. any banks you don't have should be a priority too

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i've been farming normal for a while to just pump exp into energy and magic a bit before really making the plunge, though pp and qp feel like they take forever to accumulate

i probably have enough to progress but it's probably a good idea to farm a bit :v:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Reached the 4th complexity in FE00000, and according to the guide "After roughly 3.600e3 seconds in complexity, you can reach 6.117e346 EP, ℂC3x9, and ECs 4/4/4/3/3/1/1/0" and that is complete utter horseshit.
Im 2 hours in and at e38 eternity, and challenges are completely undoable (i have a few from the complexity autocompletion).
I even have a lot more cC2 completions (56) than the guide states (25) and cC2 is not running.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Something doesn't sound right. Usually you can do EC 2x1 and 4x1 before that point (for whatever reason, 1x1 and 3x1 feel like they need more progress now than before, and you need different studies for 3x1). I remember getting pretty far in my first run of cC3. What studies are you using?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Progress Knight updated. Two new skills that I can see, one for Time Warp under Magic and another for reducing costs in Dark Magic.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Ineptitude posted:

Reached the 4th complexity in FE00000, and according to the guide "After roughly 3.600e3 seconds in complexity, you can reach 6.117e346 EP, ℂC3x9, and ECs 4/4/4/3/3/1/1/0" and that is complete utter horseshit.
Im 2 hours in and at e38 eternity, and challenges are completely undoable (i have a few from the complexity autocompletion).
I even have a lot more cC2 completions (56) than the guide states (25) and cC2 is not running.

Usually when I was in this sort of situation it was because I forgot to unlock the Eternity Producer.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Aurora posted:

i've been farming normal for a while to just pump exp into energy and magic a bit before really making the plunge, though pp and qp feel like they take forever to accumulate

i probably have enough to progress but it's probably a good idea to farm a bit :v:

There's a substantial boost to PP in Evil, so for that you're actually better off switching sooner.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Nibble posted:

Something doesn't sound right. Usually you can do EC 2x1 and 4x1 before that point (for whatever reason, 1x1 and 3x1 feel like they need more progress now than before, and you need different studies for 3x1). I remember getting pretty far in my first run of cC3. What studies are you using?

Yeah EC1x1 and EC3x1 are really difficult in complexities for some reason. Anyways, shortly after i made my post the gains just exploded and i got to complexity shortly later. No idea what that was.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Usually when I was in this sort of situation it was because I forgot to unlock the Eternity Producer.

The eternity producer is disabled for cC3 :)

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Feline Mind Meld posted:

getting one level in the iron pill buff makes it way way way good, don't remember a lot of the others. any banks you don't have should be a priority too

Speaking of iron pill. I'm on the verge of moving up to Sadistic, but I've barely used it at all with all my blood auto going into things like gold, drop rate and number.

Is there any point to using it now? I can max out blood generation for all rituals (and throw some stuff onto blood hacks which presumably just reduces my magic requirement for blood at this stage).

Just wondering if 24 hours of max blood generation is even going to make a significant dent in my stats at this point.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i dunno if you want to do one big pill of a day's worth of blood; it's a fractional exponent so you get diminishing returns per blood you put in.

i've been using it each time as soon as it becomes available with like a few minutes' worth of blood at a time (i am currently sat at Godmother v1) and getting approx 50k base stats a pop. doing that every time it's available is a big chunk of stats.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

I'm at almost the same spot (just sniped Radlands Monday) and 23ish hours of blood gets me like 5-6 million stats which is like a 0.2% bump to base stats, it barely does anything but i guess adds up. I've started using more of it on the macguffin spells

Tars Tarkas fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jan 20, 2021

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Just got to the last stage of FE000000 and ughhhhh it's another complete reset and i have to do the entire process all over again just slightly faster this time

kind of not feeling it

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i dunno if you want to do one big pill of a day's worth of blood; it's a fractional exponent so you get diminishing returns per blood you put in.

i've been using it each time as soon as it becomes available with like a few minutes' worth of blood at a time (i am currently sat at Godmother v1) and getting approx 50k base stats a pop. doing that every time it's available is a big chunk of stats.

Ah, so it's not like a fixed number based on blood, but a % gain based on your current stats?

The description says blood^0.25, so i assumed that at a certain point you're gonna get a maximum volume and as you progress through the game that increase is going to become very paltry vs your total.

Like at the beginning you might get a 0.2% gain, but where i am might be a 0.00000000002% gain or something which probably isn't worth the effort in manually dicking around with it.

Kin fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 20, 2021

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

I thought i clicked on the health care thread and was super confused

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

Beasteh posted:

Just got to the last stage of FE000000 and ughhhhh it's another complete reset and i have to do the entire process all over again just slightly faster this time

kind of not feeling it

It's a lot faster at least. The first time took me 14 days and the second time 1 day.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kin posted:

Speaking of iron pill. I'm on the verge of moving up to Sadistic, but I've barely used it at all with all my blood auto going into things like gold, drop rate and number.

Is there any point to using it now? I can max out blood generation for all rituals (and throw some stuff onto blood hacks which presumably just reduces my magic requirement for blood at this stage).

Just wondering if 24 hours of max blood generation is even going to make a significant dent in my stats at this point.

so the problem is mostly that if you've been popping pills all through evil, it's a pretty big chunk of stats. because blood falls off so hard in sad, it stops being worth casting once you're there but i don't think you'll be able to catch up. realistically this just means you're gonna have to spend a bit more EXP on stats in sad to get over the adventure humps. nbd

please knock Mom! posted:

I thought i clicked on the health care thread and was super confused

lmao i have done this before too

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Ineptitude posted:

I was just struggling mightly in the 3rd complexity, similarly sluggish Eternity progress, and finally realized that I still had the Infinity upgrade for Boost Multiplier base level auto-buyer still turned off from my CC2 completions. Once I finally fixed that everything rocketed off to where it should be. I had checked the Complexity Challenge page and the Autobuyers page to make sure stuff wasn't turned off there, but missed the part in the Infinity tab.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

headfake posted:

It's a lot faster at least. The first time took me 14 days and the second time 1 day.

14 days !?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Kin posted:

I just grabbed the 2nd blood pill perk and I can make 500k-800k blood pills within an hour or so of saving blood

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

14 days !?

Well yeah, that was the entire game until the final prestige level at the end. And then it went to 1 day, then hours, then eventually only a few seconds, as these things go...

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I played Progress Knight a bit more now. I do like the idea of lifespan and tickspeed skills so every life isn't limited and takes as long as in Groundhog Life. I also like that almost every skill is at least somewhat useful (as long as you're in the military career anyhow), so you can just set it to auto-learn all skills equally if you're not worried about efficiency too much.
How do I know when I hit the big gap at the end of the game that people have talked about?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

GrossMurpel posted:

I played Progress Knight a bit more now. I do like the idea of lifespan and tickspeed skills so every life isn't limited and takes as long as in Groundhog Life. I also like that almost every skill is at least somewhat useful (as long as you're in the military career anyhow), so you can just set it to auto-learn all skills equally if you're not worried about efficiency too much.
How do I know when I hit the big gap at the end of the game that people have talked about?

When the only thing left to unlock requires 1000 Chairman, which is literally impossible without just cheating the value to 1000. Even max value everything cannot get you there

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Slickdrac posted:

When the only thing left to unlock requires 1000 Chairman, which is literally impossible without just cheating the value to 1000. Even max value everything cannot get you there

Got it, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
This is a silly thing to complaina bout I guess but I'm farming up the JRPG set in NGU and I'm alternating between idling JRPGville and the ITOPOD (I want to get the advantage of those stats ASAP, you see) and at this point even 5K boosts (with all boosts maxed and with all the upgrades except the ones that are 20K PP per level and 600QP per level) still take forever to actually fill up the items. 20K is a LOT of ITOPOD time for me right now (I'm currently on floor 910 getting 193K progress per kill) but 600 QP is like 2-3 quests; should I stop farming for a bit, knock out some quests, and spend the QP on boosts? Is that worth my time at this point?