Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Vagabundo posted:

Or just, you know, stay the gently caress home and only go out when you absolutely, positively must for basic needs like grocery shopping and poo poo.

5 loving million people in New Zealand managed it for 10 weeks, what's their excuse?

FrEeDoM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
What is restaurant

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Hedgehog Pie posted:

What is restaurant

The place where you pick up your takeout

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1350263241298079746?s=20

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I never know what to say to the people who basically say "I followed all the guidelines right up to the point that I stopped following the guidelines!"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

gently caress anyone dining in in America.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
https://twitter.com/WWE205Live/status/1350286957943906307?s=19

My boys killing it with this promo.

TONUTZ!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Since this has to do with social media, heres Dave on third party revenue. I’m blown away.

quote:

WON: Details on how much money Mandy Rose and Lana made from third party deals.

“I don’t know if this information is completely accurate, but I was sent an article which included the 100 celebrities who earned the most money in 2020 from Instagram ads and it’s not a surprise to me completely but it does give an illustration how much some of the WWE women in particular are losing out on with their inability to make money off such ads going forward. The research was done by the CRO Agency LoveUK. I’m going with the idea these numbers are estimates and the real numbers may vary, but as far as an idea, here it is, and they probably do represent numbers close to legit. In 2020, Catherine Jo Perry (Lana) was estimated at earning $626,000 from 59 instagram ads and Mandy Saccomano (Mandy Rose) was estimated at $490,000 for 71 ads.

Keep in mind these are nine to ten month totals since both were not allowed nor have they been in any ads since October. Perry was estimated as being able to earn $10,124 per ad and she was averaging seven ads per month. Saccomano was estimated in the article as earning $7,287 per ad and averaging eight ads per month. So if they had a full year Perry would be earning about $850,000 and Saccomano would be earning about $700,000. For 2021, in both cases, those numbers would drop to zero. What’s also notable is the Bang Energy ads which we were told by those in WWE was the straw that broke the camel’s back, which led to a furor from Miro about lies and such and childish insults, that all posts with WWE talent and Bang Energy have not only stopped going forward but all the past ones have been deleted.

The story listed the top 100 and Perry and Saccomano were the only pro wrestlers who cracked that list. The top three listed were Cristiano Ronaldo at $24,377,372, Kevin Hart at $18,308,441 and Ellen DeGeneres at $15,432,916. For combat sports athletes, Conor McGregor was listed at No. 36 at $1,415,568. Anthony Joshua was listed at No. 38 with $1,368,379. Arianny Celeste, the UFC Octagon girl was No 40 at $1,281,525. Jon Jones was listed ast No. 74 at $747,747. Demi Lovato (ex-girlfriend of Luke Rockhold) was No. 78 at $709,245. Perry was No. 83 at $625,922. Saccomano was No. 100 at $490,104”

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lolled at

quote:

Demi Lovato (ex-girlfriend of Luke Rockhold)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

now thats committing to a running joke

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

ICR posted:

Since this has to do with social media, heres Dave on third party revenue. I’m blown away.

So both Mandy Rose and Lana rolled over for Vince and gave up a million dollars a year between them? How can anyone support WWE anymore

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CVagts posted:

So both Mandy Rose and Lana rolled over for Vince and gave up a million dollars a year between them? How can anyone support WWE anymore

I hope Lana especially gets the gently caress out of there as soon as she can. She must be seeing what her husband is doing in AEW and going nuts. I know I would be.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vince MechMahon posted:

I hope Lana especially gets the gently caress out of there as soon as she can. She must be seeing what her husband is doing in AEW and going nuts. I know I would be.

Lana has a terminal case of WWE brain, she said in a recent interview that she wants to help WWE monetise third party deals better

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CVagts posted:

How can anyone support WWE anymore

Most people couldn’t care less

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hundreds of thousands of dollars a year just taken away because a lunatic old man who has more money than he could ever spend in his life got mad that he didn't have 100% total ownership over every single aspect of an employee's (who he won't even admit are actual employees) everything. Jesus Christ.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Rarity posted:

Lana has a terminal case of WWE brain, she said in a recent interview that she wants to help WWE monetise third party deals better

I mean, she could sit there and simmer for the rest of her contract or she could try and work with management to improve conditions for WWE wrestlers, even if she’s planning to leave.

It might just be broke brain but it’s not certain

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

That's exactly what I would say if I wanted to not make any waves during the rest of my contract before I get out of Dodge

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/AustinCreedWins/status/1350447003973648384
Happy to be here folks!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1350459932068388865

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

nice try cop, i'm not going to horny jail this day

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

How long does he have before he gets to leave?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lethrom posted:

How long does he have before he gets to leave?

He re-upped last year because he's an idiot.

Pretty sure less than like six months after New Day all re-signed, they got split up.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah I was gonna say I'd be surprised if he hadn't already put pen to paper on that

WWE is a cult

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The belief among many WWE wrestlers is that WWE is they owe their entire lives to WWE so yeah, they endlessly re-sign. They would be nothing without them, etc.

Once you’re in, you’re in for life until they release you, not because you leave on your own.

I’ve been reading countless posts about Zelina Vega for instance that her subscribers and popularity is dropping hard because she isn’t WWE anymore. I’m sure this is being parroted online for a reason by the StandUps but I guess it’s a thing.

Just happy to be here collecting that money!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
You were all. So busy policing Jericho's likes that you missed Cody naming his dog after strike breaking mercenaries smh

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1350494130326151169?s=19

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gonzo McFee posted:

You were all. So busy policing Jericho's likes that you missed Cody naming his dog after strike breaking mercenaries smh

He's come a long way from "wrestling needs a union", huh?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If someone wants to stay in WWE that’s their business and they’re welcome to do that because I understand the money is life changing. It becomes hilarious and stupid if that person is one who bitches about their booking online.

Everyone who signs with WWE knows what they’re signing up for at this point. If you don’t mind that, then fine. But signing on and then crying about it will never not be funny to me.

E: I don’t count the twitch stuff because the rules changing mid contract is bullshit.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Are we sure he isn't just a big Weezer fan?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lmao its a joke.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Orange Carlisle posted:

Yeah I was gonna say I'd be surprised if he hadn't already put pen to paper on that

WWE is a cult

In all fairness, The New Day is one of the few examples of relatively decent booking in WWE. They are consistently booked at the top of the tag division and are nearly always in the title scene if they are not holding them. They also clearly have a decent amount of pull backstage and are seen as locker room leaders. Creed lost his twitch, but the G4 gig likely makes up for it.

If I was in their spot I probably would’ve re-signed too. There’s a small number of people who get that kind of consistent strong booking in WWE. This isn’t like an Aleister Black situation where he’s being kept off TV due to pettiness and not being used to his potential.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dacap posted:

In all fairness, The New Day is one of the few examples of relatively decent booking in WWE. They are consistently booked at the top of the tag division and are nearly always in the title scene if they are not holding them. They also clearly have a decent amount of pull backstage and are seen as locker room leaders. Creed lost his twitch, but the G4 gig likely makes up for it.

If I was in their spot I probably would’ve re-signed too. There’s a small number of people who get that kind of consistent strong booking in WWE. This isn’t like an Aleister Black situation where he’s being kept off TV due to pettiness and not being used to his potential.

It is unlikely the G4 gig comes close to the lost 3rd party money and he could have had both! I don't care that they re-signed a year ago, they had actual influence and pull backstage they could have stood up for themselves and said "No WWE, you do not have the right to take our outside income."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lmao its a joke.

Liking Weezer is no joke, Gonzo. Those "people" have no place in our society.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

It is unlikely the G4 gig comes close to the lost 3rd party money and he could have had both! I don't care that they re-signed a year ago, they had actual influence and pull backstage they could have stood up for themselves and said "No WWE, you do not have the right to take our outside income."

Doesn't WWE own UUDD?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sleepwalkers posted:

Doesn't WWE own UUDD?

Yes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

sportsgenius86 posted:

If someone wants to stay in WWE that’s their business and they’re welcome to do that because I understand the money is life changing. It becomes hilarious and stupid if that person is one who bitches about their booking online.

Everyone who signs with WWE knows what they’re signing up for at this point. If you don’t mind that, then fine. But signing on and then crying about it will never not be funny to me.

E: I don’t count the twitch stuff because the rules changing mid contract is bullshit.

I hate this mindset so, so much.

Sometimes people have to do lovely jobs to make ends meet. I won't blame a wrestler signing with WWE any more than a cashier applying to Wal-Mart.

The blame should not be 50/50. If you absolutely have to get your dunks on a wrestler then the blame should be 95/5 at most.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'm going to say that if you're at the point of signing up to the WWE to wrestle you're probably in a position where you have options and shouldn't be compared to a guy working minimum wage to pay the rent.

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BillieKayWWE/status/1350282960788971522?s=20

I will never stop stanning for Billie Kay

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm going to say that if you're at the point of signing up to the WWE to wrestle you're probably in a position where you have options and shouldn't be compared to a guy working minimum wage to pay the rent.

Ben Carter, who couldn’t get a work visa for the states and probably wouldn’t have been allowed travel over easily anyway due to the travel bans and Covid, signed to NXT UK, where he lives, and you still had people here acting as if he’d committed some great evil.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Not really in the past year. Creed is a special case because AEW would take the new day in a heartbeat (but at the time of his signing had been treated well enough throughout his entire contract that it wasn't as attractive an option), but without Indie shows, you have to gamble on a company being willing to pick you up, and even then you'd still be making way less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

After WWE both the pay scale and the magnitude scale falls out from under you. This does not in any way justify WWE being absolute greedy demons wearing human skin. I really hope Zelina/SAG/Others is working on poo poo behind the scenes and they've gotten smart enough to keep it under the hood until they're ready to spring and not blab on social media. I know the answer is 'probably not' and I shouldn't even bother dreaming at this point but it's all I have.