Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

What did hostiles do? Was it another breakout attempt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Otacon posted:

It's over. Isk war won. Objective won. Goons win again.

My boost Drake finally got blowed up so I bought a boost Tengu!

yeah i saw the ping as i was getting ready to leave lmao

once again focusing on the bubbles mostly keeping brave's titans locked down too, brave must be close to failcascading or some poo poo for the rest of papi to be expending this much energy specifically on brave

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

tried shooting the bubbles where brave is stuck again, far as i could tell they didn't even really make much progress at all and those bubbles can just be re-anchored anyway

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

They shot some bubbles, then we showed up and pushed their loving faces in

https://br.evetools.org/br/60026ec485bfbe001bf1d1f0

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Slowly skilling my way to Rokhs because 425mm railguns seem neat and I like to shoot poo poo a lot. I can fly the damned thing, I just can't use the guns yet. Soon™.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

apparently vily is telling their fleet they won.

how exactly do you win if you don't take the objective, feed a bunch of ships and run with your tail between your legs from m2-?

loving deluded.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

School Nickname posted:

-A quick thought exercise I posted to jabber but got no traction:
-You can make one change to a ship's attributes. Increasing/decreasing cpu or pg, adding/removing a low, mid or high slot, changing one stat in shield, armor, cap, base speed, agility, etc. Changing one role bonus (to something reasonable). Which change on which hull impacts EVE the most? Can one change save EVE?

I personally vote for the Stabber getting an extra mid slot, but that's clearly bias on my part. I swear I am not CCP Rise who will do the opposite of what Goons say.

Interdiction immunity is removed entirely.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

They formed up decently big (~3 subcap fleets that I counted -- cerbs, eagles, and muninns, plus random tacklers) for defensive entosis. Then, they tried to take that fleet over to M2- to shoot some bubbles and attempt a breakout, only to get met by a lot of caps and two goon subcap fleets. They had ~200 people more than us, but got shredded by fighters, and ended up bailing.

The butcher bill would have been roughly equal, but a couple of PAPI people died in what appears to be supercap pods, nudging it in Goons' favor. (Not sure if they were dead titan pilots logging back in, or people who were inexplicably flying muninns in pimp pods.)

Was a good fight, all told. My first time flying the Sacrilege, got primaried three times and caught reps around 30% each time, lots of fun.

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

School Nickname posted:

-You can make one change to a ship's attributes. Increasing/decreasing cpu or pg, adding/removing a low, mid or high slot, changing one stat in shield, armor, cap, base speed, agility, etc. Changing one role bonus (to something reasonable). Which change on which hull impacts EVE the most? Can one change save EVE?

Cloaks consuming a fuel resource of some kind, with a long reload once consumed.

AFK cloaking is against CCP's current anti-AFK schtick, and a permanently logged in cloaker has no counter other than them being entirely stupid.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

School Nickname posted:

I personally vote for the Stabber getting an extra mid slot, but that's clearly bias on my part. I swear I am not CCP Rise who will do the opposite of what Goons say.

Collision damage.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

School Nickname posted:

I would also go for the removal of afk cloaking in some way. I'm space poor and ratting is keeping me afloat.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

West007 posted:

I would also go for the removal of afk cloaking in some way. I'm space poor and ratting is keeping me afloat.

Take away skill extraction, let’s see if they want to pay real cash monies to sub all those accounts.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

ullerrm posted:

They formed up decently big (~3 subcap fleets that I counted -- cerbs, eagles, and muninns, plus random tacklers) for defensive entosis. Then, they tried to take that fleet over to M2- to shoot some bubbles and attempt a breakout, only to get met by a lot of caps and two goon subcap fleets. They had ~200 people more than us, but got shredded by fighters, and ended up bailing.

Specifically, a lot of the early fighters got chewed up, but critical mass was swinging in and the local FCs on their end made the right call to get out before they all got deleted.

quote:

The butcher bill would have been roughly equal, but a couple of PAPI people died in what appears to be supercap pods, nudging it in Goons' favor. (Not sure if they were dead titan pilots logging back in, or people who were inexplicably flying muninns in pimp pods.)

One of each, actually. One was a logging titan pilot, one was a pilot who was in a loving Muninn but forgot or didn't care to jumpclone.

(As a kind of aside to the latter, if I hear one more time how 20 billion is nothing or even "who cares if this titan dies, I'll buy another" again, I think I might go starkers. If you have that kind of money to burn please kindly donate it to the "SpaceDrake/Andre gets a Nyx and feels Cool And Good" fund.)

quote:

Was a good fight, all told. My first time flying the Sacrilege, got primaried three times and caught reps around 30% each time, lots of fun.

The Sac is a ship I have hull skills for but I've never touched missiles on my main. With the shift to Cerbs etc, it's probably time to rethink that (esp. since I always thought the Sac was dope).

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
I'd much rather have a new probe that gets you on grid with them. Not close enough to decloak, but close enough to react to logins.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

Collision damage.

Brick tanked battleships slamming into titans. The Brickhariel.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Rust Martialis posted:

Brick tanked battleships slamming into titans. The Brickhariel.

Finally get to use Megathrons more than once a month. Would be able to throw in some Dominix as well.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
On the matter of cloaks, I'm kind of torn. I really love the idea of being a stealthy shithead with a cloak, making people upset just by being there, on the other hand, if cloaks change I just have to invest a small amount of time to learn the new mechanics, and can then prey on people who think they're now 100% safe because of the changes... :v:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I mean you can do all that or you can just prober slingshot hull tanked higgs rigged BS at them :haw:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jan 16, 2021

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
pleased to report that the enemies now have about half a dozen confirmed titans in very very low armour lmao

Solus fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jan 16, 2021

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

after reading many many mittens posts, in an effort to determine what effects THC has on EVE playing, I have edibles on the way courtesy of the government :canada:

gonna figure out if dope makes me hellcamp better

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Beach Bum posted:

I mean you can do all that or you can just prober slingshot hull tanked highs rigged BS at them :haw:

The Dreadbuchet Returns

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

The Dreadbuchet Returns

Call it the Rian Johnson Sucks doctrine

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Its ya boi back at it with the best eve cloak ideas this side of delve.

When you near the end of cloaking you have to do a tuning minigame where you have to match the background noise of the universe AND find out the mathematical equation of the systems sun(s) radiation frequency to remain cloaked.

You have 10 minutes and you cant use any notes and will refresh your cloak for the next 30 minutes.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
The current moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvW63_BVS_w

EDIT: The bad guys just don't want their newly-deployed Azbels to live for some reason.

https://br.evetools.org/br/6002dba385bfbe001bf1d266

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jan 16, 2021

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Sacrileges are our best HAC doctine by far

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Libluini posted:

On the matter of cloaks, I'm kind of torn. I really love the idea of being a stealthy shithead with a cloak, making people upset just by being there, on the other hand, if cloaks change I just have to invest a small amount of time to learn the new mechanics, and can then prey on people who think they're now 100% safe because of the changes... :v:
Random interval:
‘Your cloaking device has become damaged through prolonged use. Reroute power before it deactivates’
CAPTCHA mini game With 60s timer.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Less joky suggestion: cloaking devices can only be run overloaded. Tweak its heat generation and heat damage it can take, so that it can be run for a reasonable amount of time, but you cannot just perma cloak from DT to DT. Or if you can, then only because you are eating nanite paste like candy, so it is expensive enough to discourage having 40 perma cloak alts.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Can ships that dont show on Dscan be probed down?

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Joined first few fleet ops the last few days and lost two cerbs in a row today... Fun though!

Like driving a racecar with missiles. Considering last fleet doctrine I took part in was maelstrom alpha fleets and sniper BS in '09, good stuff!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Xarn posted:

Less joky suggestion: cloaking devices can only be run overloaded. Tweak its heat generation and heat damage it can take, so that it can be run for a reasonable amount of time, but you cannot just perma cloak from DT to DT. Or if you can, then only because you are eating nanite paste like candy, so it is expensive enough to discourage having 40 perma cloak alts.

Lots of games have done this or similar, actually. In fact, Wing Commander III did a similar thing (to whoever posted that Wing Commander Saga YT).

A one time use mod would also be interesting.

Maybe covops and Blops should not show up on Dscan as a way to keep them useful.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Rapulum_Dei posted:

Random interval:
‘Your cloaking device has become damaged through prolonged use. Reroute power before it deactivates’
CAPTCHA mini game With 60s timer.

Power re-routing mini game that doesn't take up more than 15% of the screen? Sure, why not?

Honestly, I think having someone/something cloak in a system for a combined 12 hours ( so 2 six hour cloakers would set it off) causing a weak metaliminal electrical storm or something is also a nice solution.

Xarn posted:

I... like this

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

Collision damage.

I’d love to see slasher fleets suicide kill enemy titans. Or interceptors kamikaze them at 5,000 kilometers a second.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Micromancer posted:

Some can. A curse for example does not show on dscan but can be probed down. I think the combat recons with their special trait might be the only shiptype though.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Micromancer posted:

There's also a gimmicky deployable that hides everything in its radius from dscan or probing, but itself can be easily dscanned or probed down.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

https://br.evetools.org/br/60031d7b85bfbe001bf1d2e0

Init annihilating Papi fleet via bombing run

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
how are cloaked campers a problem for anyone who isn’t literally afk in tyool2021

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Malefitz posted:

https://br.evetools.org/br/60031d7b85bfbe001bf1d2e0

Init annihilating Papi fleet via bombing run

Losses:
Init 2
papi 272

Ouch

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

causticBeet posted:

how are cloaked campers a problem for anyone who isn’t literally afk in tyool2021

If you don't understand why, I would check the killboards. Plenty of non-afk people get caught in traps because they sleep on afk camping accounts.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Outnumbered again; won anyway

https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/Nrqv9xc7qRTusbvXc
(^from a ping)

Are these BRs making it to Reddit? These strategic PAPI losses really need to be paraded around in front of their line members, lest they otherwise believe Villy and others when they internally lie about winning objectives.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 16, 2021

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

rocketrobot posted:

Losses:
Init 2
papi 272

Ouch

Big thanks to everyone posting updates on the battles and the ongoing war. Makes a big difference to me (and hopefully others) who aren't yet involved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

rocketrobot posted:

Losses:
Init 2
papi 272

Ouch

I love INIT

e: remember that redline reddit post confidently predicting that they would turn on us immediately?