Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

All this complaints on twitter about how bad brexit is proving to be so far. Those sharing the benefits of brexit are obviously being silenced by the lizard elite.
I demand to know all the benefits of brexit that must have occurred in the last 16 days. :colbert:

I saw a tweet that said, roughly, that there were many benefits to Brexit but Leavers were being polite and not rubbing our noses in it. (It was made in jest and not by a Leaver, I should add.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
thought i'd share this official uk.gov facebook ad

It's not much beyond "Do you want to live and work in the United Kingdom? you need to fulfill new requirements". But that pic--I mean, I shouldn't fault them for including non-white-able-male persons in their imagery, but my eyes couldn't convince me there's no "BREAKING POINT" hidden somewhere.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Do I want to live and work in the UK? Not really.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm slightly disappointed having taken a second look at the one in the chair and realised it's likely a girl with long hair and not a beady-eyed wizard with a fantastic flowing yellow moustache and beard.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

It's not much beyond "Do you want to live and work in the United Kingdom? you need to fulfill new requirements". But that pic--I mean, I shouldn't fault them for including non-white-able-male persons in their imagery, but my eyes couldn't convince me there's no "BREAKING POINT" hidden somewhere.

"Do you want to live and work in Britain? None of these people are welcome"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cefte posted:

I'm slightly disappointed having taken a second look at the one in the chair and realised it's likely a girl with long hair and not a beady-eyed wizard with a fantastic flowing yellow moustache and beard.

This was also my initial thought.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

josh04 posted:

Even just aside from anything else, she was thirty loving years ago. The Soviet Union was still a pressing concern when Thatcher was in power. Find some new ideas, anywhere, please.

Oh it’s new ideas you want is it?

https://twitter.com/sanitarynaptime/status/1350422137178365952?s=21

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Aren't the followers of the account from the TBEU? It's got to be a bit.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Bush? Gadaffi!? 2012?!?

Poe's law strikes again. I genuinely have no idea.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Aren't the followers of the account from the TBEU? It's got to be a bit.

They all followed it after attention was drawn to it (the Simon hedges follow is amazing lmao)

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Is he actually running? Like is this real

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

There’s been absolutely nothing from anyone official, and I even @d Adonis into it and he didn’t get all excited so gently caress knows

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I can't really see any fucker in London voting for him tbh.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

jesus that farty bass will haunt me

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He haunts all of us.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Nah that has to be a joke. "SENSIBLE SPENDING" superimposed on footage of the Millenium Dome and "PROVEN LEADERSHIP" while he shakes hands with Gaddafi are too much. Also lol "we've tried it both ways" with Khan and Johnson, and Blair at his most Gollumesque in slomo at the end there.

Is this aimed at the Swedes who felt that Sweden's covid response was just too harsh an impingement on their freedom?

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 17, 2021

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it's definitely a joke account, but Blair is such a power-hungry oval office there's a non-zero chance that news of this reaches him and he decides that, actually, running for mayor sounds like a great idea

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If we do not find a way to safely discharge blair's peak powers he may achieve criticality and render whole sections of the planet uninhabitable.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Might be a bit late for that tbh. Looking forward to him sending the Met Police into whatever country the US decides to invade next though.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Julio Cruz posted:

it's definitely a joke account, but Blair is such a power-hungry oval office there's a non-zero chance that news of this reaches him and he decides that, actually, running for mayor sounds like a great idea

It runs in the family as well. Had dealings with Euan for work.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Olpainless posted:

It runs in the family as well. Had dealings with Euan for work.

It must gently caress you up to know your dad committed war crimes and got away with it.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Would Blair want to go back to a job that has at least nominal responsibilities? Doesn't he get paid stupid amounts of money to talk about how smart he is at the moment?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

stev posted:

It must gently caress you up to know your dad committed war crimes and got away with it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they don't care/believe that. Ugh.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

We've all been owned by how he's turned out but there were legit reasons to be excited by Khan back in the day. In 2015 he put his vote towards Corbyn being allowed on the ballot, his life story is genuinely inspiring, regardless of competence or character a non-white mayor of London happening does mean something representationally, he's funny and sharp-witted and genuinely seemed like he gave a poo poo about working people.

That said emotional investment and hopes for someone not being poo poo doesn't mean you can ignore it when they turn out to be poo poo.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

OwlFancier posted:

If we do not find a way to safely discharge blair's peak powers he may achieve criticality and render whole sections of the planet uninhabitable.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

In 2025 we all hate Simon Hedges et al for inadvertently bringing about the revitalisation of Tony Blair’s political career.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I feel sick.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

I'm so hosed up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
They're loving ghouls

https://twitter.com/MichaelRosenYes/status/1350589407854809090?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Trying to decide whether the bike horn or the moonbase alpha cover is more appropriate for the soundtrack.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

big scary monsters posted:

Nah that has to be a joke. "SENSIBLE SPENDING" superimposed on footage of the Millenium Dome and "PROVEN LEADERSHIP" while he shakes hands with Gaddafi are too much. Also lol "we've tried it both ways" with Khan and Johnson, and Blair at his most Gollumesque in slomo at the end there.

Is this aimed at the Swedes who felt that Sweden's covid response was just too harsh an impingement on their freedom?

it links to a page with info in like twenty languages, I think it's just to let us europs in general know we're more foreign than before.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

stev posted:

I can't really see any fucker in London voting for him tbh.

It's one of the few places in the country he could get a non-zero amount of votes, because of all the journalists that live here, but:

a) he can't run as the Labour candidate because Khan is already nominated (*theoretically* he could withdraw up to a month before polling day)
b) he wouldn't run as an Independent both because it would mean being kicked out of the party and because he's not Livingstone and so would get obliterated and his ego couldn't cope with either of those
c) There's admin to get on the ballot - 10 registered voters from each borough and the City have to nominate, plus a registered entity to run the campaign even if running as an independent - there's no way that could be done in complete secrecy
d) Most importantly, there's no way Blair would ever accept having to put down where his money's coming from, and even if he could shell-game his way around it there's no way he could earn as much doing PR for Central Asian dictatorships as an elected official as he is at the moment.

Personally my theories of what's happening are, in ascending levels of probability:

1) Wannabe lanyard doing a project on running a fictional campaign
2) Andrew Adonis doing this in his sleep without realising it
3) Desperate lathe of heaven attempt by some bluetick
(These all fail the smell test because while they all lack self-awareness, they don't have the negative levels of it required for that to be a sincere attempt)
4) TBEU teaser - not *really* his style, IMO
5) TBEU wannabe trying to make their name
6) Other shitpost left figure just getting really bored and wanting to goose everyone
7) By far the most likely - a frantic attempt by Sanitary Naptime to counter-lathe their and Ms. Adequate's own accidental creation of the funniest possible future:

https://twitter.com/Madam_Adequate/status/1350137895177355265

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 17, 2021

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
lmao if famous Scot Anthony Charles Lynton Blair finally chooses this moment to go into Scottish politics. With that great statesman Richard Leonard gone, maybe it's time for a new figurehead, and who better to represent Scottish Labour than an Edinburgh private school boy who has lived his entire adult life in England?

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

I'm sure Toby Young and the Free Speech union will be along to defend Michael Rosen from getting deplatformed and cancelled any minute now.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

goddamnedtwisto posted:

7) By far the most likely - a frantic attempt by Sanitary Naptime to counter-lathe their and Ms. Adequate's own accidental creation of the funniest possible future:

https://twitter.com/Madam_Adequate/status/1350137895177355265

When this happens I will accept the wrath of the Scottish people, but my execution will not be needed because I will most assuredly die laughing.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

A friend who worked at Fettes told me that Tony Blair sent the school an unprompted bust of his own head.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Health Nerd is a good follow if you can stand Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/GidMK/status/1349905822583668741

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

josh04 posted:

A friend who worked at Fettes told me that Tony Blair sent the school an unprompted bust of his own head.
to be fair, many people would love to see an unprompted bust of Tony Blair's head

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Tomberforce posted:

I'm sure Toby Young and the Free Speech union will be along to defend Michael Rosen from getting deplatformed and cancelled any minute now.

Toby Young got called out on one of his "but is Covid really that bad?" arseticles from last year in the Telegraph, so they have to run a correction.
But the way our shithouse press regulation works, it's something like 6 months since it was published.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

kingturnip posted:

Toby Young got called out on one of his "but is Covid really that bad?" arseticles from last year in the Telegraph, so they have to run a correction.
But the way our shithouse press regulation works, it's something like 6 months since it was published.

The more sinister article I saw was way back the Daily Mail had an interview with an early case of Covid, but one of the rarer mild cases. So they a big story all "I had covid-19! wasn't that bad!" which was technically accurate - he didnt have a bad time of it - but massively distorting in how it presents the seriousness of the pandemic. As Citations Needed is fond of saying - the unit of propaganda isn't lies, it's emphasis.