Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Samadhi posted:

Home improvement question: Is there a good program out there for planning/sketching projects? Something like CAD, but not so intense? I need to plan some changes to the closets and bathrooms in my house and would like to play around with it and edit things to plan it out.

I mean, Grover used mspaint for his house, surely that's good enough right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tell me if y’all have heard anything like this:

I’m looking for a new place to live and one of them require a dog DNA test before moving in. The reason being because when they find dog poop on the property, they test it and fine the person that has the dog it matches

Of course this cost is all passed on to the tenant in the form of a $75 test to start and I’m sure the DNA matching isn’t cheap and is passed on to the tenant. Not to mention the $100-200 fines.

This is very much a thing that wouldn’t affect me because I always pick up after Maggie, but it just seems so over the top that it makes me wonder what else they’re gonna be weird about.

I'm not even a pet owner, but that would send me running. It sounds like a nightmare HOA.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m looking for a new place to live and one of them require a dog DNA test before moving in. The reason being because when they find dog poop on the property, they test it and fine the person that has the dog it matches

Of course this cost is all passed on to the tenant in the form of a $75 test to start and I’m sure the DNA matching isn’t cheap and is passed on to the tenant. Not to mention the $100-200 fines.

This is very much a thing that wouldn’t affect me because I always pick up after Maggie, but it just seems so over the top that it makes me wonder what else they’re gonna be weird about.

This is in an HOA, isn't it?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I've heard of that before. It seems insane, but apparently it's a fairly common practice nowadays.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That sounds like a nightmare HOA or property manager, but also means you have a bunch of lovely neighbors where apparently they need to do this because people can’t be bothered to pick up after their dog.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I can't imagine the amount of dog poo poo lying around that would prompt people to engage that policy

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

This is in an HOA, isn't it?

It’s from the property management group of an apartment complex

Bird in a Blender posted:

That sounds like a nightmare HOA or property manager, but also means you have a bunch of lovely neighbors where apparently they need to do this because people can’t be bothered to pick up after their dog.

Yeah seems like it but it also seems like it would be cheaper to just have maintenance or groundskeepers to go through and clean it up once a day or whatever. Obviously they shouldn’t have to do anything but people are idiots.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Do they test your DNA too?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is some Minority Report poo poo.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Athanatos posted:

Do they test your DNA too?

No, but I always pick up after my poops too

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Fiz, I just got my Envo mask in today. If you dont have one order it now, its a game changer in terms of comfort. They are pricey but worth it and I can imagine you can write it off on your taxes. The filters dont have to be changed daily, but are recommended after 40 hours of use.

On it. Thanks.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Bird in a Blender posted:

No, it comes from one person seeing someone not pick up dog poo poo and starting a loving crusade. I've also seen it for the dog equivalent of means testing breeds.

It's peak white poo poo. I live in a good neighborhood, and had an actual loving human poo poo in my front yard and rub their rear end cheeks on a tree. Talked to neighbors, they've had it too. But people put up signs for the dog poo poo in their yard.

(Tree shitter is an 80+ white dude who apparently escapes his home nurse and just can't resist shrubbery shits)

Edit: also, any of you alcoholics had Knob Creek cask strength rye? Got gifted a bottle

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1350511363202949121

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Pulled the trigger on getting a home gym setup 😎

The rack and attachments come Tuesday.

The bar and weights dont come for almost a month lol

But for now I can lay down comfortably on my patio and play with the clips I guess

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah, that's loving insane.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I keep forgetting about these threads when I have some random poo poo to say. Just talked to my mother on the phone, she says "I'm starting to get interested in bitcoin." My brain vapor locks for a second but little does she realize I originally bit the bullet and registered for this place because of the bitcoin thread in gbs, so I hit her with 20 minutes on mtgox, butterfly labs, etc and by the end she says "it sounds like a scam" and for now my inheritance is secure for one more day.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Just ordered one for my wife, she works in medicine and is exposed to Covid patients fairly often

I ordered mine in November, hopefully she gets it faster as they have ramped up manufacturing. Its great to wear, and doesn't feel like you have a mask on at all, more akin to wearing a hazmat hood than a face mask.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Joey Freshwater posted:

I've heard of this. Unreal how lazy people are that the manager thought this was worth adding to the lease, since it's so drat weird.

The property will likely be super anal about other rules like parking, noise, use of the common areas, etc

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nerve posted:

I've heard of this. Unreal how lazy people are that the manager thought this was worth adding to the lease, since it's so drat weird.

The property will likely be super anal about other rules like parking, noise, use of the common areas, etc

Oh yeah parking was another thing. It’s $25/month for parking, but I dont have my own space. It’s a secured covered deck but cmon.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

bobjr posted:

I’ve always heard the Mypillow pillows were terrible, and I just wonder how you gently caress up making a pillow.

The so-called "patented fill" in MyPillow is just shredded memory foam. Pure and utter garbage.

I just rock the down alternative pillows you can get for :10bux: each at Target. Medium density, they keep their shape and support and they're easy to clean. I think I have five on my bed right now along with a lumbar pillow ... and I have no idea why I have so many, because I'm the only person who has been in that bed and it's probably going to stay that way for a very long time. :v:

bobjr posted:

I tried to take my puppy on a run in the snow.

She keeps stopping to try and eat the snow

That was my dog's reaction when she saw her first snowfall. We adopted Iris in March of 2015; she came to Wisconsin from Tennessee via the Rescue Waggin' (a rescue charity operated by PetSmart, which transports animals from high-occupancy shelters to shelters that have vacancy, in the hope that they will be adopted sooner). She's a hound-terrier mix, and she had never seen snow in her life, as she was only a year old when we adopted her. I think we had maybe two inches come down here in Madison a few weeks after she came home with us, and I swear to God, I've never seen a dog so simultaneously excited and confused. It was adorable.

And now I miss my dog and I wish my ex-wife would let me see her. :smith:

Timby fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 16, 2021

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

I keep forgetting about these threads when I have some random poo poo to say. Just talked to my mother on the phone, she says "I'm starting to get interested in bitcoin." My brain vapor locks for a second but little does she realize I originally bit the bullet and registered for this place because of the bitcoin thread in gbs, so I hit her with 20 minutes on mtgox, butterfly labs, etc and by the end she says "it sounds like a scam" and for now my inheritance is secure for one more day.

At least that's a more interesting way to see your inheritance pissed away compared to the typical fraud preacher or shyster lawyer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oh yeah parking was another thing. It’s $25/month for parking, but I dont have my own space. It’s a secured covered deck but cmon.

It's weird to charge without a guaranteed space, but that's way cheaper than a lot of places charge. Is it at least guaranteed to not be over booked?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
lol, in Miami I paid 120 a month for a garage that was across the street from my building.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Joey Freshwater posted:

This would honestly have me bagging up any stray poo poo I came across just to say gently caress you to the office and be a good neighbor

e: Probably only when walking my dog though since that's the only time I'd have bags on me

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Intruder posted:

This would honestly have me bagging up any stray poo poo I came across just to say gently caress you to the office and be a good neighbor

As someone that had to walk around the property to do repairs, gently caress the people that can't pick up their poo poo, but undeniably also gently caress the office.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Watching WandaVision and I dont get it

We just watched the first two episodes and it's weird as hell. Not what I expected at all, but I'm wondering what the hell is going on.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Whenever I hear things like this, it does make me appreciate living out in the boondocks where no one gives a drat about this stuff. I can only imagine my neighbor's confused as hell faces when I asked them for DNA samples of their dog for future poop related reasons. What the hell man.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

We just watched the first two episodes and it's weird as hell. Not what I expected at all, but I'm wondering what the hell is going on.

I have some theories. I don't really like it because I don't care about old sitcoms, but I'm interested to see where this is going. The first episode is set in the 50s and the second the 60s and then things are in color so clearly we are moving through time. I guess they're in some kind of simulation or brain space and that's why they seem weird sometimes? And like poo poo is coming through the radio?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

I have some theories. I don't really like it because I don't care about old sitcoms, but I'm interested to see where this is going. The first episode is set in the 50s and the second the 60s and then things are in color so clearly we are moving through time. I guess they're in some kind of simulation or brain space and that's why they seem weird sometimes? And like poo poo is coming through the radio?

Based on my knowledge of the comics I think this is some version of Wanda having a psychotic break following the death of Vision. Don't look at Scarlet Witch's wikipedia page if you don't wanna get depressed.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Joey Freshwater posted:

That sounds like a loving steal to me. Maybe I've lived in Chicago too long.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Pretty hosed up that a Green Bay tight end named "Big Bob Tonyan" doesn't have a 2 foot long beard.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Wrong thread yada yada

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Yeah, as a Best coaster my only issue would be if they sell more of those slots than there are parking spots.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Last time we lived in an apartment I got a gun pulled on me by a tow truck driver for stopping him from towing my car with an approved parking sticker on it

Now I'm just a home owning traitor

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, as a Best coaster

Huh, I didn't know you were a gulf coast billionaire, I thought you were the other kind.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/twitersbadboy/status/1350547157783355394

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Last time we lived in an apartment I got a gun pulled on me by a tow truck driver for stopping him from towing my car with an approved parking sticker on it

Now I'm just a home owning traitor

Huh, I didn't know you were a gulf coast billionaire, I thought you were the other kind.

I like that you thought I had money.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Yeah it’s not comparable to Chicago. This is a parking deck that’s built into the building of apartments that only residents can park in. If you don’t pay the $25, you’re SOL because you can’t get into the building.

When I was up there I was paying $125 to park in the building next to mine.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/pourmecoffee/status/1350566343184150528?s=21

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I am so glad I'm not a freshman in a college dorm right now.

Well, I mean with COVID I was already glad about that, but this is just a second helping of a poo poo sandwich.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

We don't measure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

My wife got her second round of vaccine yesterday, and it was muuuuch worse than the first. She had a headache the first time, and that was about it. This time it was head and nausea, then hot/cold and muscle aches like she's never had before in bed last night. On a related note, I am incredibly tired this morning.

Bad news friend

https://twitter.com/Queerty/status/1350474907197427713

saintonan posted:

Got my first dose of COVID-19 vaccine today. Feels good man.

But hey, congrats.