Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Boris Galerkin posted:

Yeah I know I can convert them. It’s not enough.

I’ll level up those 4 characters as well. They’re all unleveled cause of the whole “focus on one character don’t waste your materials” thing, and I didn’t know who was worth leveling up anyway.

E: When you say get them to 60 for their passive talent, does that mean I should leave them at level 60 after ascending them?

Leveling one character is more for the early game, and you're well past that.

You can leave them at 60 after the ascension, yes. The ascension 4 passive is really good on most characters (Fischl's in particular is absurdly strong, and Albedo's is very good as well). Level 60 supports are okay for most of the hardest content and leveling further costs a lot of resources that you shouldn't be spending until your carries are at 80 with level 80 weapons and full sets of +16 5* artifacts.

The only overworld enemy drop I've actually run out of is leyline branches (drops from abyss mages), but I habitually run around the map to gather crystals and 1/2* artifacts most days in addition to doing my daily commissions, and I almost always end up killing a bunch of nerds on the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Mailer posted:

Got 3195. Could go higher, probably, if I wanted to do it over and over until I got optimal rng. Not looking forward to the other cubes that don't fall over to pyro.

I think time is the biggest thing. If you can avoid being hit then you're golden. I maxed it out with everything except time, did 3 minutes instead of 2. Used Klee, Zhong, Xingqiu, and Bennett. I even screwed up and didn't 1 cycle it when it goes down and you have to destroy the little electro things that heal it. Zhong's shield is pretty handy to survive everything that will one shot you. Plus electro shields. I think doing it with everything turned on, but a 5 minute timer, should be not too bad. You just have to be patient. Also, eat your foods/drink your potions.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Xiangling ult completely destroys the cube. I was stuck at 3860 while I was hording her ult to finish him off but the moment I've used it to damage him I had enough time down him twice and get the 4k. My xiangling is very weak actually, lvl 60, 1.2K attack, 50 crit, 90 cDamage, 53 pyro yet she almost carried that fight.

The only thing I don't have selected is crit damage nerf. If I can figure out how can a I break his parts without having bennet and xiangling ults then I should be able to do it with everything maxed out.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 17, 2021

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

How in the everliving gently caress are you supposed to dodge the lightning ball things? They chase you faster than you can dash, explode on your face, and KO you in one or two hits. :geno:

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

Asimo posted:

How in the everliving gently caress are you supposed to dodge the lightning ball things? They chase you faster than you can dash, explode on your face, and KO you in one or two hits. :geno:

Either dodge i-frame (dash through them and not away from them) or bring Geo MC and hide behind the rock (beware of splash damage).

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Asimo posted:

I was able to chain dash them fairly well. Just press dash a bunch instead of holding it. Shields help too.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, i was kiting them with a few dashes, and then their tracking wears off and they fly off in some random direction

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tsyni posted:

I was able to chain dash them fairly well. Just press dash a bunch instead of holding it.
Yeah that doesn't work, they still catch up easily? :shrug:

sandorius posted:

Either dodge i-frame (dash through them and not away from them)
That doesn't work either, they explode in my face. :shrug:

quote:

or bring Geo MC and hide behind the rock (beware of splash damage).
Good enough, I guess. :effort: I have no idea how people are managing 3800+ points on this, I can barely break 2000 even at AR50+. I mean I'm old and bad at video games but not that bad, maybe my artifacts just suck.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh my loving god I just had an attempt where I got it down to the final destroy crystal phase and it spawned on top of geo MC's boulder thing, leaving the crystals completely out of reach. Jesus loving christ Mihoyo. :ughh:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I coulda sworn there were 105 enemies in 12-3. Or somewhere but I unno where that would be if not there.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

Ning screen will tank one, ZL pillar tanks two. Ning can also beat the poo poo out of it while it's in the air trying to shoot you. Her normal attack and ult will both go around ZL pillar while it's blocking for you, and you can obviously shoot through her own screen.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Asimo posted:

If you just run away far enough from the cube they stop homing. They also hit the floor and go boom eventually.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
People complaining about the police brutality on the Fatui skirmisher should be more upset about entrapping two hardworking businessmen into providing evidence against each other for tax evasion and then acting as though that hearsay would be admissible in an actual trial.

Ganyu is a crooked narc.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TheFluff posted:

If you just run away far enough from the cube they stop homing. They also hit the floor and go boom eventually.

if you run away from the cube then you'll never be able to hit it seeing as how it's only vulnerable for three seconds after using the electro attack

seriously who the gently caress thought the electro orb attack is even acceptable. twenty god drat seconds where you can't even attack it. unless you have ganyu of course. and when i play on expert it is literally all it ever does

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 17, 2021

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Fur20 posted:

if you run away from the cube then you'll never be able to hit it seeing as how it's only vulnerable for three seconds after using the electro attack

Sure, it's not viable if you want the 120 second clear, but it's an easy way to avoid dying if that is the problem.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Are the challenges time limited to a specific day?

E: as in can I do the first trial tomorrow after the second one unlocks?

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 17, 2021

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Fur20 posted:

seriously who the gently caress thought the electro orb attack is even acceptable. twenty god drat seconds where you can't even attack it. unless you have ganyu of course. and when i play on expert it is literally all it ever does

Amber works, not quite as well as Ganyu but she works

e: or Childe or Diona, really. bow users who aren't electro are the counter to the air phase

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 17, 2021

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Ningguang also works but targeting is finicky as usual

https://youtu.be/8O8IFZWgqcI

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Asimo posted:

to i-frame a projectile, you have to wait until it is close to you then hit dash right when its about to hit you, so it hits you while you are in the fast dodge animation.. not just hold sprint and run into them

it does require good timing tho which can take practice to get it correct

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So while testing out C4 Childe and Ganyu (an extremely fair pairing that has no obvious synergies), I discovered that Geovishap Hatchlings have a very loose definition of "frozen."

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Asimo posted:

Yeah that doesn't work, they still catch up easily? :shrug:

Good enough, I guess. :effort: I have no idea how people are managing 3800+ points on this, I can barely break 2000 even at AR50+. I mean I'm old and bad at video games but not that bad, maybe my artifacts just suck.

You definitely can dash dodge way. Time your second dash after the first one is totally done. You might need full stamina (I also ate the food that gave me decreased dash stamina use) though. I just tried it again and I sat right in front of the cube and was able to out dash them all except one, but my shield ate it. I noticed after 3-4 dashes they started just heading off in a straight line.

Just maxxed it. Was intense. Definitely the most fun I've had in a battle in a long time. Not some dinky mechanics in Abyss with a bunch of whopper-sponges.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Pope Urbane II posted:

People complaining about the police brutality on the Fatui skirmisher should be more upset about entrapping two hardworking businessmen into providing evidence against each other for tax evasion and then acting as though that hearsay would be admissible in an actual trial.

Ganyu is a crooked narc.

It’s not hearsay, she gave them each others tax records to go over and find discrepancies in!

Which is its own bundle of hosed up but that’s Genshin for you.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I mean the evidence she has is the invoice from the carpenter, a purchase which is not on the tax returns. She found out about this by talking to the other shopkeeper, but she doesn't require their testimony as evidence now that she has the receipts.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've been saying for months that those things don't play by the rules and need another rebalancing!

Also, you guys are way better geared up and doing this game better than I am, I tried the new event and managed to hit 1935 as my best score. WL7 Lvl Hypostasis. I've got Razor and Ningguang as my only DPS though, trying to get Choungyun up to their level since he's the only one I had enough materials to hit AP5 for right now.

Now I just need about 150 Teachings of Diligence and hilichurl masks to level up his talents :shepface:

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

Also, you guys are way better geared up and doing this game better than I am, I tried the new event and managed to hit 1935 as my best score. WL7 Lvl Hypostasis. I've got Razor and Ningguang as my only DPS though, trying to get Choungyun up to their level since he's the only one I had enough materials to hit AP5 for right now.

Now I just need about 150 Teachings of Diligence and hilichurl masks to level up his talents :shepface:

Someone posted a video in the discord of a ning doing the event with everything on and that's what inspired me to keep trying. She can attack the thing when it's launching the orbs at you. She was level 90 with lost prayers to the scared winds and geared to poo poo probably, but still. Team was Zhong, Ning, Bennett, and Xiangling. They didn't even use food :|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O8IFZWgqcI

edit: ok the video was just posted a few posts up, lol, but still!

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Having Ganyu is eye-opening for me since it's the first time I've really bothered playing with synergies. Mostly I just put Ning or Beidou on the field and let them do their thing, but having Bennett and Sucrose pop their bursts before bringing Ganyu out is just a whole different level of carnage. And color. My eyes.

Clarste posted:

I mean the evidence she has is the invoice from the carpenter, a purchase which is not on the tax returns. She found out about this by talking to the other shopkeeper, but she doesn't require their testimony as evidence now that she has the receipts.

Repeat after me: parallel construction.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tsyni posted:

Someone posted a video in the discord of a ning doing the event with everything on and that's what inspired me to keep trying. She can attack the thing when it's launching the orbs at you. She was level 90 with lost prayers to the scared winds and geared to poo poo probably, but still. Team was Zhong, Ning, Bennett, and Xiangling. They didn't even use food :|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O8IFZWgqcI

edit: ok the video was just posted a few posts up, lol, but still!

Yeah, between being 10 levels above me and having 3 lvl 80 back up units, I'm way behind. None of my crits are doing 2,000 damage on basic attacks. :v:

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, between being 10 levels above me and having 3 lvl 80 back up units, I'm way behind. None of my crits are doing 2,000 damage on basic attacks. :v:

Another very large factor is I am guessing that person has a near perfect set of artifacts amping their Ning damage up that high. Getting a perfect set of artifacts like that takes a ton of resin and luck.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Did all the challenges except the 120 second time limit. Chose 300 seconds instead. Got 3825. Just blew it up repeatedly with Klee and ran away when it did the electro ball attacks.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

3420 first try, good enough for me. Funnily enough Ganyu died halfway through but whatever, triple pyro saved the day.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

My best team is all Electro damage so I am willing to take a lower score on this particular boss.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Are people bothering to clear the damage things for this event hypostasis? I never noticed if they respawn or not. If they don't it might be worth clearing them out early - Klee seems good at doing so.

Unrelated, but I found a bug (of sorts) when doing the Cryo/Hydro artifact domain. Apparently if you're knocked into the air in a corner of the map and land on top of the Abyss Mage's shields, you will be stuck there falling in mid-air forever. My guys would just float there until they were killed, with me being unable to switch characters or do anything else.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Ugh so that’s what that noise is. I can’t stand it so I guess my pink seelie is just gonna spend the rest of its life stuffed at the bottom of a backpack.

I keep thinking that slimes spawned near me or something because of the sound

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you can only deactivate them, if electro damage hits them they'll reactivate

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
So what's the go to artifact set for ganyu? 4pc blizzard strayer? I'm still getting my ganyu up to speed but it seems if I went that route and maxed out crit dmg I'd still need to freeze enemies to get the highest crit % from the set. I could do that with childe or XQ but somehow it seems awkward getting in melee range.

Speaking of, any ideal team comps to use with her?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mistikman posted:

Another very large factor is I am guessing that person has a near perfect set of artifacts amping their Ning damage up that high. Getting a perfect set of artifacts like that takes a ton of resin and luck.

Oh I absolutely assume there's more to it beyond just having played the game better/longer/more expensively.

I wish people would show their set-ups before doing challenges. What are your stats and weapons exactly? I see stuff like that and people blowing up World bosses with Ningguang alone and I get demoralized because of how far away from that I am.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RareAcumen posted:

Oh I absolutely assume there's more to it beyond just having played the game better/longer/more expensively.

I wish people would show their set-ups before doing challenges. What are your stats and weapons exactly? I see stuff like that and people blowing up World bosses with Ningguang alone and I get demoralized because of how far away from that I am.

Because they show it afterwards or in dreamy's case, in a linked imgur in the description

Also you really need to keep in check that particular Ning has like 300 hours worth of resin and whale bucks put into it.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

ThePineapple posted:

So what's the go to artifact set for ganyu? 4pc blizzard strayer? I'm still getting my ganyu up to speed but it seems if I went that route and maxed out crit dmg I'd still need to freeze enemies to get the highest crit % from the set. I could do that with childe or XQ but somehow it seems awkward getting in melee range.

Speaking of, any ideal team comps to use with her?

If you have C4 Childe it's hilarious how strong the synergy is. If you do a charge shot from Childe, it applies riptide, and C4 causes riptide to reapply wet every 4 seconds for the duration, which is 18 seconds iirc. If you have this, you can let loose one arrow with Childe, then switch to Ganyu and have 18 seconds of charged arrows murdering the poo poo out of whatever you are fighting.

If you don't have C4 Childe, he still works, but you don't get the reapplications. XQ I haven't used a ton, but if his only works at melee range that's not great.

Mona might be the best option without C4 Childe, as you can drop her skill to get some water at range for a little bit, then do charge attacks.

Overall, you want another ice unit on the team for the ice resonance, then someone to apply wet so you can get a full freeze. If you have this, you get +55% crit rate and can effectively build for pure +ATK and Crit Damage.

For the 4th slot, dealer's choice I guess. Water resonance won't be worth anything, and any other element you bring wouldn't add another resonance so you are really free to bring whatever support will help boost your damage the most.

I have C4 Childe and C2 Albedo, so my team will be Childe, Qiqi, Ganyu, Albedo and I expect it to be absolutely ridiculous.

Mistikman fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 17, 2021

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Mistikman posted:

If you don't have C4 Childe, he still works, but you don't get the reapplications. XQ I haven't used a ton, but if his only works at melee range that's not great.

It's not just melee range, and in fact if you are a melee character you can just swipe the air in front of you to fire off the ranged swords, but the problem for Ganyu would be that it doesn't activate off of Charged Attacks.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

inthesto posted:

Oh okay, the game wasn't super clear about that.

So it sounds like in order to grab all the prizes, I need to score about 2860 points on each challenge, which really shouldn't be too hard. It requires expert difficulty, though, which is a bit of a bummer.

It's also not a big deal as long as you get high enough to get the namecard (everything else is just small amounts of money and ore).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The main two builds for Ganyu appear to be 4pc Blizzard Strayer and go for either Cryo uptime or Freeze, or 4pc Wanderer and try for Melts. Ideal teams I'm not sure about but Xiangling is apparently pretty good in the Melt setup?

If you have Tartaglia (even not at C4, though mine is and it's Pretty Nice), the Blizzard Strayer setup is highly recommended. even without the reapplication of Wet, you can Freeze things, pop them, spread the Riptide to nearby enemies, Freeze them, repeat; if Ganyu can kill fast enough it's no big deal, and against larger enemies it's not that hard to swap back for one Riptide reapplication every 18s. More critically, if you drop Ganyu's E (for shorter fights) or Q (for longer ones with more enemies), then swap to Tartaglia, it's basically like grabbing a star in Mario. Kinda tight on extra slots though because you really want another Cryo for the resonance and that only really leaves one slot for utility. Qiqi or Diona as a healer and Venti (or possibly Zhongli post-buff if you go hard on Tartaglia melee?) is kind of obvious, but you could also use Bennett (to Melt anything too durable for Childe to blender it or Ganyu to grenade it and serve as a healer to allow Kaeya or something as the other Cryo) or something wacky like Albedo (I'm not sure if Transient Blossoms can proc Shatter but that would be interesting, and you can generate shields).