Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

All geo damage can proc shatter, so yeah Albedo could potentially be goofy in any freeze setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, i've been messing around with Bennett/Kaeya/Chong/Albedo for Cecilia Garden and both his skill placement and the blossoms will shatter. nice bonus to have in the mix given his EM sharing, i suppose.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

All geo damage can proc shatter, so yeah Albedo could potentially be goofy in any freeze setup.

Hmm, I might have to rethink him in my team comp, that's a bit of a bummer.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Nakar posted:

The main two builds for Ganyu appear to be 4pc Blizzard Strayer and go for either Cryo uptime or Freeze, or 4pc Wanderer and try for Melts. Ideal teams I'm not sure about but Xiangling is apparently pretty good in the Melt setup?

If you have Tartaglia (even not at C4, though mine is and it's Pretty Nice), the Blizzard Strayer setup is highly recommended. even without the reapplication of Wet, you can Freeze things, pop them, spread the Riptide to nearby enemies, Freeze them, repeat; if Ganyu can kill fast enough it's no big deal, and against larger enemies it's not that hard to swap back for one Riptide reapplication every 18s. More critically, if you drop Ganyu's E (for shorter fights) or Q (for longer ones with more enemies), then swap to Tartaglia, it's basically like grabbing a star in Mario. Kinda tight on extra slots though because you really want another Cryo for the resonance and that only really leaves one slot for utility. Qiqi or Diona as a healer and Venti (or possibly Zhongli post-buff if you go hard on Tartaglia melee?) is kind of obvious, but you could also use Bennett (to Melt anything too durable for Childe to blender it or Ganyu to grenade it and serve as a healer to allow Kaeya or something as the other Cryo) or something wacky like Albedo (I'm not sure if Transient Blossoms can proc Shatter but that would be interesting, and you can generate shields).

Thanks a ton for all this info! I just pulled Ganyu at the same time I finished the BP, so she should be leveled and geared in about a week.

quote:

shatter chat

Is Shatter something you want in freeze comps? Childe/Albedo/Diona are already a leveled team on my end, so I should be able to do goofy freeze shite pretty easily. This is my first Cryo carry, or any real notable Cryo damage at all.

e: VVVVVVV ah okay, thanks for the info!

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 17, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

shatter is extra damage, but there are teams that just want permafreeze like 4pc BS Kaeya. Chongyun doesn't have the option of avoiding shatter so you may as well build into it with his teams, though.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I think Shatter might actually be fine in a Tartaglia/Ganyu setup, because if you're going Childe Melee in Ganyu's Q then everything's just going to get refrozen constantly and I don't see any particular downside to Albedo's Blossoms shattering anything. Especially true if you're not running Blizzard Strayer on Tartaglia, as he's only going to get the +15% Crit Rate from Cryo Resonance. It would be undesirable when you're at range, but pretty much no one is contributing to a long-range Ganyu setup except other long-range characters and Ganyu/Tartaglia is a strong enough combo there that you can hold the rest of the party in reserve for melee time.

EDIT: For raw damage though Xiangling Q would probably be better when Tartaglia's going ham in the Ganyu zone.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 17, 2021

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

God is Real

e: now to run the crimson witch domain 500 more times

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've gotta ask, is this random or the case for everyone?

I'm constantly in need more more Hillichurl masks and those are never a guarantee fighting them. But on the other hand I'm always getting something fighting Whopperflowers and slimes. And pretty often third tier stuff as well. I'm wondering if they're randomly scarce for other people or if it's always masks that aren't dropping regularly.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is Klee's attack unique in terms of being a catalyst (or non-claymore period I think) that breaks rocks easily?

RareAcumen posted:

I've gotta ask, is this random or the case for everyone?

I'm constantly in need more more Hillichurl masks and those are never a guarantee fighting them. But on the other hand I'm always getting something fighting Whopperflowers and slimes. And pretty often third tier stuff as well. I'm wondering if they're randomly scarce for other people or if it's always masks that aren't dropping regularly.

I doubt I'll ever be in need of any Hilichurl product ever again, with masks probably being one of the ones I have the most of. I probably have roughly 300 of the lowest rarity ones. For most Hilichurl items I have a ratio of something like 300/100/30 (by increasing rarity). Slime parts are probably the only monster part I have more of.

This is likely a result of having to kill them every single day for commissions.

padijun posted:

God is Real

e: now to run the crimson witch domain 500 more times

Did you get every single buff to CDMG there except one in DEF?

I hate the Crimson Witch domain because the bad set artifacts look so similar to the good set ones. I have this one 5* goblet from the "fire resist" set that has Pyro Damage and really good substats on it, and every time I look through my artifacts there's a moment of "awesome!" before I notice the set.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah the drop rate is kinda hosed.

Like as you go up in AR the mobs should at the very least drop the grey items.

Give me something at least.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Is Klee's attack unique in terms of being a catalyst (or non-claymore period I think) that breaks rocks easily?

I hate the Crimson Witch domain because the bad set artifacts look so similar to the good set ones. I have this one 5* goblet from the "fire resist" set that has Pyro Damage and really good substats on it, and every time I look through my artifacts there's a moment of "awesome!" before I notice the set.

Ningguang

and goblets are generally the one piece you run that isn't on-set. having a 5* that also has good substats is already a good place to be, even if it can make your sands or hat slot more restrictive to farm in the process

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Ytlaya posted:

Did you get every single buff to CDMG there except one in DEF?

one left to go, but that's triple crit damage. I have to try this set on jean soon

also, the reason I was at the VV domain instead of the crimson witch one, was because I rage quit it when I rolled a firewalker feather that had both crit substats and ATK% :suicide:

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Commission RNG smiled on me today.

i'm free

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Gyoru posted:

i'm free

Huh, same for me. Now I just need to get these Schneznaya commissions...

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ytlaya posted:

Give it to Klee (or support Xiangling?), fill the rest with Wanderer, go to town~

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Wind Cube was much easier than Electro Cube for getting a 4k+ score. The important mod to turn off is -50% crit rate which is really punishing for literally everyone, everything else was super easy.

The telegraph for when it does the arena wipe attack is when it sports the butterfly wings; you need to have one of the anemo crystals it dropped still alive on the field so you can kill it to create a wind boost, which gets you out of the attack and lets you plunge to turn it off. Really though if you're bringing friends just burst damage as best you can and with some good RNG you won't even see that move before you push it to last stand range.

Speaking of RNG, it's totally random what move it picks after last stand so you can have a really good run that times out because it's next attack is being invincible while spawning whirlwinds, which sucks, but them's the breaks sometimes.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
So the potential starglitter 4*s for next month are Beidou, Chongyun, Diona, Ningguang, Noelle, Sucrose, Xingqiu, and Xinyan. They've already broken the concurrent rateup + starglitter seal with Fischl. Fingers crossed for Diona and Ning, but I'm not holding my breath.

The Ganyu banner still looks tempting from an XQ/XL perspective, but my Noelle is already C3 and I just don't ever see myself using her. Guess it's time to save primos

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jan 17, 2021

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

zgrowler2 posted:

The Ganyu banner still looks tempting from an XQ/XL perspective, but my Noelle is already C3 and I just don't ever see myself using her. Guess it's time to save primos

XQ is such a good support character that even before reports of Ganyu's strength were widespread I knew I'd be rolling on this. I saw it as a XQ banner, not a Ganyu banner.

People's teams vary but you should take a hard look at the characters you have and think about if having constant, effortless, mostly risk-free hydro application in melee range would be helpful to you.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
I already pulled my Ganyu via hard pity on this banner, and I don’t know if my remaining pulls are best spent on hoping to hit on an Amos bow for her, or if I should keep trying for XQ constellations (currently C2).

I know Xingqiu is the best character that I’m not using, but I’ve never felt like I have a great way to slot him into one of my lineups. Right now I’m carried by Childe and C6 Fischl support, along with Venti and C5 Ning that I rotate in or out depending on content. Is it worth dumping resources into him if I don’t have a strong pyro carry?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
XQ fits in well with any team since if you build him up then its an extra 1k to 2k free damage each time you attack with his ult. Or more if you grind artifacts.

Well maybe not Ganyu since her kit is charge attacks. Its apparently not easy to mix in non-charge attacks. But could be useful for a freeze comp but it seems easier to run a melt team with Xiangling?

I'd build him if you plan on doing abyss and need a filler. But yeah Ganyu and Childe are prob the two carries he meshes the worst with.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

C6 Noelle is by far the strongest ‘nothing is working someone take care of this’ character in the game. She will shred triple mage comps with whatever support you can afford her. She doesn’t have the burst of some characters but not getting interrupted is powerful poo poo, plus she heals, plus her burst has huge range. I wanted to use her for this event but the energy regen debuff murders her also geo doesn’t do dmg to these shields? Idk. Anyways she’s a great character on par with any other 4* c6.

Takes some weird investment I guess but nobody else even uses glad/bolide defense stuff.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
i have had c6 noelle + ning battery for awhile now and can confirm she rips

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

I'm in a weird spot where I have every greatsword user not named Diluc and a slew of 4* greatswords and none of my teams have a greatsword user on them. Klee has spoiled me for mining, geo hypo, and shield busting. Childe just murders everything and Ning is another catalyst monster. I'm leveling a Serpent Spine just in case I pull the big D since I miss bonking enemies. It's odd being AR50 and neglecting an entire weapon class, but I guess that's the tradeoff for carry leveling being such a time and resource sink.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

dogsicle posted:

Ningguang

and goblets are generally the one piece you run that isn't on-set. having a 5* that also has good substats is already a good place to be, even if it can make your sands or hat slot more restrictive to farm in the process

Ah, I probably should have added "or geo users" since that also breaks rocks. Since fire doesn't normally break rocks, the Klee situation seems kind of unusual.

And that's a good point about the goblet; I'll check what other artifacts I have to see how viable sticking it in is.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

zgrowler2 posted:

It's odd being AR50 and neglecting an entire weapon class, but I guess that's the tradeoff for carry leveling being such a time and resource sink.

It's more like you have 2 5 stars pulling the weight since Klee is effectively a claymore user.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Is C6 XQ good if I just use him as burst support? With him I just do burst > E > repeat E as long as sacrificial sword procs > switch to ganyu and freeze everyone.

I'm C5 now, but i can do a few more wishes.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Is C6 XQ good if I just use him as burst support? With him I just do burst > E > repeat E as long as sacrificial sword procs > switch to ganyu and freeze everyone.

I'm C5 now, but i can do a few more wishes.

That's his entire point, definitely. C6 will increase the damage a lot.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i would just wait for him to hit the glitter shop. his C6 is definitely worth buying and i expect he'll be in there sooner than later.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

C6 gives you a bit of energy smoving and basicaly from 2.3 swords per hit to 3.3 (2-3-2 to 2-3-5), it's not going to change your world like giving him sac sword bit it's a big "he's just better"

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I’m a few rolls from soft Ganyu guaranteed pity and trying to decide on which bow to build for her. On the one hand, I have 3 bow prototypes to build a sick R3 Crescent. On the other hand, Blackcliff matches her horns really well.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
C0 XQ is good just for burst support. One of the best features if his burst is how well it applies wet, which is great for elemental reactions once you switch to your main dps. Thats not to mention the damage reduction, slight healing, and burst damage he provides.

C6 is godly

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

A few XQ notes though:

Sac only procs if it does damage, so not if the enemy has a shield (phisical shield they are holding that blocks or elemental).

His swords can proc reactions which si good, but also bad because it can "Eat" the reactions you need/want, like say you're attacking a fatui shield or a hypostasis

He's still amazing but it's just a few things i've noticed

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^^ Ahh, this might explain why I seemed to have really "bad luck" when using his skill against Pyro Abyss Mage shields.

I've decided that the best revive recipe is Mondstadt Grilled Fish if you have Diona. It's cheap and Diona gets both the bonus to healing foods and the chance to create the 10% HP version (and the 10% HP revive foods are the best ones and the only ones that give a non-trivial amount of HP).

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
drat, it is more frustrating to try to max point this new Cube. I wish there was a retry instead of having to leave and press more buttons.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Flair posted:

drat, it is more frustrating to try to max point this new Cube. I wish there was a retry instead of having to leave and press more buttons.

The fact the Anemo hypostasis has a couple longer windows on it's move (the cube explode) where it cant' be hit, and you can't stop it reviving the first time is annoying

End boss Of SGaG*
Aug 9, 2000
I REPORT EVERY POST I READ!
Sucrose's unique food is from a recipe you can only get by commission reward, but it took me months to get the food delivery commission and it turns out the recipe isn't even guaranteed. At least I don't see the dummy breaking commission very much.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gyoru posted:

i'm free

Wait, they're actually random quests? I thought they were like world quests and I just hadn't happened to wander over and see Ella Musk in the overworld again. Huh, that explains why I didn't see the second part for so long.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What exactly is up with the "take 25% more damage when switching characters" debuff? Isn't that effectively just a "take double damage" effect unless you're choosing to do the fight with just a single character? Does it apply if you just switch between two characters?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Ytlaya posted:

What exactly is up with the "take 25% more damage when switching characters" debuff? Isn't that effectively just a "take double damage" effect unless you're choosing to do the fight with just a single character? Does it apply if you just switch between two characters?

I don't know but it doesn't really matter either. Like most Mihoyo fight designs, at the higher difficulties this fight is intended to be a DPS check where all that matters is how much damage you do, and if you get hit you die instantly. I don't know why people expected shields to be meaningful in this game, because this is just how Mihoyo does things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

It lasts like ten seconds. Doing the fight with one character is easy? Cubes barely hold elements for reactions.