Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Oldest Man posted:

It's only a joke until some VC trashcan person sees it

I've been joking about an app all week where people post their animals and then someone pays to hang out with them. It started exclusively as an app for getting to hang out with cool dogs but then turned into all animals are welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Len posted:

I've been joking about an app all week where people post their animals and then someone pays to hang out with them. It started exclusively as an app for getting to hang out with cool dogs but then turned into all animals are welcome

If I ever see an app where you swipe right on cute dogs I blame you

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The Oldest Man posted:

If I ever see an app where you swipe right on cute dogs I blame you

the way i have it pictured is that you can rate the animal you just hung out with and anyone who rates less than 5 stars is blacklisted

all pets are 5 star pets even if snakes are icky and birds are scary

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

cat cafe surely?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Jel Shaker posted:

cat cafe surely?

not gig enough, there's overhead that way

this is someone who is sitting at home with a dog and a car and is like "i want to spend my day driving this dog places and letting strangers spend time with the good pup"

and then they do all of that for *fee* and i collect 60% of it

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Len posted:

the way i have it pictured is that you can rate the animal you just hung out with and anyone who rates less than 5 stars is blacklisted

all pets are 5 star pets even if snakes are icky and birds are scary

https://twitter.com/dog_rates/status/1343718128744689664?s=20

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

The Nastier Nate posted:

is that....a gutted burger king?

where are you supposed to shower? in the utility sink?

you could join the secret service and poo poo n shower at the neighbors house

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Len posted:

Send it to trashfuture and see if they believe it's real.

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
I don't know if this was posted earlier but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37gDQSQ7Z_k

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

https://landreport.com/2021/01/bill-gates-americas-top-farmland-owner/
lol

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Huh. Alan Busacca was one of my professors back in the day.

Also I don't want to imagine what Gates has in mind here.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Laterite posted:

Also I don't want to imagine what Gates has in mind here.

Presumably playing a gigantic game of IRL Fortnite with his 5G-networked flesh automata

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/brian_goldstone/status/1350587093119102984

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

lollontee posted:

why isnt there a marxism smiley

:ussr:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

From their google reviews:

quote:

Sometimes when you are the owner and the landlord both, there are disadvantages that multiply if the relationship becomes contentious as in a need to evict. Once Evict-for-Me got involved there was a change for the better. There was a signal to the tenant that there was no more bluffing, that this was going to happen, and that they had to respond. Because of this company's professionalism, and their willingness to be the bad cop, it allowed me as the landlord to be the good cop, and work out a solution instead of a lawsuit. Highly recommended by me and thank you for a job well done.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Len posted:

I mean, there are pet influencer companies who will help you make your cute / ugly pet have more engagement online and manage their Instagram, tiktok and Facebook profiles

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

yeah that’s threadworthy

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Leninism isn't the same as Marxism

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Marxism is when the government does stuff, dude. Like, it's on the Youtube.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

Marxism is when the government does stuff, dude. Like, it's on the Youtube.

I thought that was ~cultural marxism~

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

From their google reviews:

Lmao you think you're the good cop that's adorable :allears:

e: The second tweet is great too:

https://twitter.com/brian_goldstone/status/1350594627146022913

Can't even be assed to set up your own domain for email

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Actually that whole website is great, it's so poorly made and cheap I'm surprised it's not a joke or scam. They didn't even bother to pay for or pirate the licensed version of the animation software they used to make this lovely video:

https://www.evictthemforme.com/uploads/2/2/5/5/22553862/they-are-paying-on-friday-right--0kij9ucyydza_beta_624.mp4

e: Apparently SA wants to auto-embed it if I make it a URL, anyway it's the video half-way down the page.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

There's also this confusing summoning circle at the bottom for calling on the dark lord of private property to do your bidding I assume:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Oh good he has a blog:

https://www.evictthemforme.com/georgia-eviction-faq

quote:

What do I mean? I mean you cannot threaten folks in any way, obviously. Moreover, you cannot flush them out by turning off the water, turning off the power, or turning your back to ignore a broken heating system. Even when the tenant stops paying, until due process is completed, you are required to keep everything running and repaired just as if the rent still came in on time. Under Georgia law, turning off any utility can get you fined up to $500. And no, you cannot keep the tenant out of the house, either. Don’t go changing locks or barring windows. And no barring the doors either. Unfortunately, during the eviction process, right up until the sheriff goes to oversee the removal, you, dear landlord, have to treat your squatter like a renter. Even during a pandemic.

How dare they, EVEN DURING A PANDEMIC too! :argh:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

God I had no idea tenants were such wily bastards who know all the ins and outs of scamming poor landlords:

quote:

Every day I talk to property owners and landlords who want to discuss collection while also trying to talk to me about getting nonpaying tenants out of a rental property. I do everything I can to collect the unpaid rent before filing the dispossessory warrant, but when a tenant stops paying, the likelihood of collecting unpaid rent is very, very low. Moreover, when I initiate the dispossessory proceeding, I file to both dispossess and get a money judgment for unpaid rent and court costs, and most of the time, my clients get both items on the judgment. But I have many clients who ruin their own dispossessory process by taking money after I have filed the dispossessory warrant with the court. Unless that money is returned, the case is over and the fees for the process are lost. That’s it. Maybe collecting that money satisfies the client, but maybe accepting that money, sometimes much less than the tenant owes, keeps the client from proceeding with dispossessing the tenant, and the tenant knows that. The tenant is conning the owner by making direct deposits that are nowhere near the unpaid rent and late fees (and sometimes utilities.) If an owner accepts one penny during the same calendar month that I have filed the case, the judge will tell that owner the case is over because that was rent for the month – whether it was old debt or current rent or – like I said, one penny deposited by a con artist.

Tenants con landlords all the time. Partial payments are part of the con. Promising to pay here and there to catch up is also a con.

They offered to pay you what little they could as an evil evil trick!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
isn't there still an eviction moratorium lol. like im not sure what the legal consequences of following through would be, but what a dumb time to try this as a business. even before getting in to the fact evicting people is hosed up in the first place

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Larry Parrish posted:

isn't there still an eviction moratorium lol. like im not sure what the legal consequences of following through would be, but what a dumb time to try this as a business. even before getting in to the fact evicting people is hosed up in the first place
its extended to jan 31st (which is only a week or so away) with some caveats and paperwork to say you're protected

states like lousiana, florida, alabama, etc are going to be trying to evict en-mass come jan 31st unless it's extended again. which it might be who knows.

i expect other states like ny, wa, ca, etc to extend it further

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

the federal eviction moratorium is opt-in. to be covered, you have to give the landlord a letter saying you want to be covered under the moratorium. if you didn't know to do that, you're still evictable

also, it only blocks evictions for non-payment of rent. landlords can still evict people for any other legal reason, such as lease violations or lease expiration

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

the federal eviction moratorium is opt-in. to be covered, you have to give the landlord a letter saying you want to be covered under the moratorium. if you didn't know to do that, you're still evictable

also, it only blocks evictions for non-payment of rent. landlords can still evict people for any other legal reason, such as lease violations or lease expiration

My state created a tenant assistance program where the state will pay 80% of the back rent if the landlord agrees to forgive the other 20%. Not sure how effective it will be I don’t think it’s started up yet. I only mention it because this choice quote

quote:

Jason Miller, the legislative director for the Oregon Rental Housing Association, told KOIN 6 News small landlords don’t often have the spare cash to cover expenses like mortgage, taxes, insurance and maintenance costs — and might not be able to sustain a 20% loss.

“In today’s session at testimony, Representative Meek said it well,” Miller said. “No other essential service has been asked to forgive 20% of their income in order to provide their essential service to Oregonians. “

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

But wait, isn't 80% from the state better than 0% from an unemployed person?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Len posted:

But wait, isn't 80% from the state better than 0% from an unemployed person?

Yeah, but the landlord has to forgive that whole 20%. Whereas if they opt not to take the rental assistance they can get a judgement from the tenant for the full amount. A judgment that will never actually be paid, sure. But :shrug:

Landlords are shitheads

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shame Boy posted:

I thought that was ~cultural marxism~

No that is when you do a Jewish thing, like vote for healthcare or not call a beloved uniform pigman to shoot an unarmed black teenager

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

HashtagGirlboss posted:

My state created a tenant assistance program where the state will pay 80% of the back rent if the landlord agrees to forgive the other 20%. Not sure how effective it will be I don’t think it’s started up yet. I only mention it because this choice quote

Teaching about Mao should be considered tenant assistance as well.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/Zari_Wari/status/1350784688781193216?s=19

https://twitter.com/matttomic/status/1350991710181072899?s=19

The Saddest Rhino has issued a correction as of 08:54 on Jan 18, 2021

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Failed Imagineer posted:

Presumably playing a gigantic game of IRL Fortnite with his 5G-networked flesh automata

The interesting angle is that it's farmland specifically that the Gates Foundation is snarfing up. They barely crack the top 50 of private landholders overall, but most of the rest are in grazing/pasture (which is indicative of a whole other set of problems) or timberland.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I do not want to play this match three game

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I'm like 80% sure they've traced an old League of Legends championship promo animation, where members of different teams do cool poo poo that the characters they play do in the game. I'm too lazy to confirm, though.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

My Hero Groceria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why do boomers hate renters and college kids so much