Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't mind much if people want to discuss ricochet and retribution as being dumb asses. they certainly are and continue to say funny or annoying things. i already have a victory from earlier, so I'm glad i don't need to keep trying to defend any of them. But one thing i'd like to say is that we must balance our hate-care and love-care. you don't have to put equal love-care and hate-care into the same 'type' of things, but be sure to love-care something as much as you hate-care wwe. this isn't meant to be condescending. it's a concerned response to the post about only being able to hate-care. it is good for our health to do both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 42 minutes!
The Khan's yacht is 6 times as large as the McMahon's. Another win for the good guys!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kismet_(yacht)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a yacht 6 times smaller than that just sounds like a nice big boat. sorry if this is insensitive. i have a lot to learn about what a yacht really is. it doesn't have to be big or huge.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Welllllll
Well it’s the Big Yacht

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation

Cavauro posted:

a yacht 6 times smaller than that just sounds like a nice big boat. sorry if this is insensitive. i have a lot to learn about what a yacht really is. it doesn't have to be big or huge.

Vince's yacht is classified as a sport yacht. He is in a state of depression about how small it is at 47 feet in length. That's why he couldn't even wish his son Shane a happy birthday on twitter this week, the pain is just too much.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Vagabundo posted:

Or just, you know, stay the gently caress home and only go out when you absolutely, positively must for basic needs like grocery shopping and poo poo.

5 loving million people in New Zealand managed it for 10 weeks, what's their excuse?

Basically it’s :byodame: HOW ELSE WILL WE GET ATTENTION & VALIDATION WE DESPERATELY CRAVE

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

If we ever knew what happened between Shane and Vince we'd probably be sad until we remembered it was between Shane and Vince.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

As a failson I identify with Shane McMahon

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
New Zealand isn’t a failed state so that helps but it also helps that New Zealand is a small isolated island nation.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s not hard to see why Vince doesn’t like Shane. He left the family. His life is nothing but a long list of failures.

China thing? Fail.
Beating Test at Summerslam? Fail (rip Test)
Beating undertaker at WrestleMania? Fail.
Raw underground? Fail.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Eat My Fuc posted:

The Khan's yacht is 6 times as large as the McMahon's. Another win for the good guys!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kismet_(yacht)

That yacht looks like a Hitman mission.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sleepwalkers posted:

i say this as someone who essentially only watches aew these days: how many of the like, 15 minutes allotted for the women do you think they'd get?

Well my hope is that if they have more women who are ready for TV and not just Dark, they'll get more than 15 minutes a week.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Well my hope is that if they have more women who are ready for TV and not just Dark, they'll get more than 15 minutes a week.

Eventually, someday, maybe the plan is that the women at least get a dedicated Youtube show to get reps in

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I care about workers and hate how exploitive capitalism is and mostly express it by telling workers it's their fault they're getting exploited.

Have you seen Xavier Wood's pc man? Someone with a rig like that can't complain.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Ganso Bomb posted:

On the contrary, the second show is gonna be all men, for the people upset that there's not enough men's wrestling in aew each week.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/tospo_battle/status/1350725210589196288?s=19

Look at the photo Tokyo Sports chose to illustrate this article about Wrestlemania

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Look at the photo Tokyo Sports chose to illustrate this article about Wrestlemania

what should I be looking for? This just seems ordinary

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Duke Pukem posted:

what should I be looking for? This just seems ordinary

It's a Trump rally.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Tokyo Sports knows about the Big Trump Fundraiser

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's a Trump rally.

Where's the lie?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Seams posted:

New Zealand isn’t a failed state so that helps but it also helps that New Zealand is a small isolated island nation.

Being "an isolated island nation" has nothing to do with it. On the other hand, the extraordinarily high levels of compliance by the population, the regular & coherent communication from the state, and both sides taking this poo poo seriously, does have a lot to do with it.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Hawaii is an isolated group of islands and welp... lmao

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/t346fire/status/1350771963111763971?s=19

The Tetsuya Endo nude book releases next week

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Tetsuya's endo

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

dsriggs posted:

Hawaii is an isolated group of islands and welp... lmao

Yeah but Hawaii also bears the unfortunate distinction of being a part of the worst covid handling country in the world

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

mooseinfants posted:

Yeah but Hawaii also bears the unfortunate distinction of being a part of the worst covid handling country in the world

And doubly unfortunate to be under a major military occupation by said country when the military refuses to even disclose numbers to the public.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

A largely decentralized government of 300 million+ people force fed a doctrine of 'don't listen to what people tell you' never had a chance. Add to that telling people 'you have to go to work but can't go out after work.'

Dynamite is never going to have time for more women while they need to make time for Cody, Jericho, Orange Cassidy, Darby Allin and whomever the world champion is every single week.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

on the other hand you are by far the most pessimistic person in the subforum and i have faith that they will continue to develop their womens roster like we have seen with obvious examples (britt baker, tay conti) and the continuing development of green as grass ladies on AEW dark live on youtube

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Oh yeah the AEW women’s division isn’t there yet but they are taking the right steps despite some setbacks and it will get there.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

it's obviously in a state worth criticizing, but the ease at which people have been slipping into the division and relatively showing out has been heartening to me.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
They are making progress in hard times and usually doing well with what they have, hence I don’t complain about it anymore. They also use their entire roster all the time not just the Elite, the most important thing is that everyone on the show has a character, something that dark doesn’t do because it’s an experimental ground partly and something WWE fails miserably and something NXT is only marginally better than WWE is at it.

If you have a gimmick, you will have a storyline in Dynamite at some point, which is how it should be

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
When I look at the actual output of the various women's divisions on national brands (Raw, Smackdown, ROH, TNA) the AEW Women produce some of the best matches and their TV time isn't that much less than say Raw at this point, sometimes it's higher. It should be improved, but they are showing improvement after doing a lot of work to develop new wrestlers.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The comments under WWE’s Instagram announcement about WM2021 make me want to die.
“Bring back the fans!!”

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The comments under WWE’s Instagram announcement about WM2021 make me want to die.
“Bring back the fans!!”

You’re confused, it’s they who want to die

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
It's a death cult.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

“Bring back the fans!!”

seriously, they're called The WWE Universe not "the fans"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think the AEW Women's division has been handled pretty well the last month or two. I'm not prepared to call things fixed because they've gone through good runs before but its definitely headed in the right direction. I also haven't talked a lot about it because the stuff they're doing and the players like Abaddon, Jade, and Conti don't super appeal to me. But they appeal to others and objectively its good they're getting the time and focus.

My theory's been for awhile that AEW doesn't have a "woman" problem so much as it has a time/title problem. So it concerns me a but that while the women's title has been booked well the TNT title has been sidelined and the tag division feels a little neglected. AEW just seems to have hard time juggling it all. Maybe a second show will resolve that. Maybe they should be using Dark more. I dunno. But I'm curious to see where they go with the women's, tag, and TNT titles from here and se if they can all stay active at the same time.

edit: I thought I was in the AEW thread. My bad.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 17, 2021

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Honestly the big thing for the women's division that sticks out to me is that when there's a TNT, Men's, or Tag title match it main events (if it's the only title match), whereas the women's title is always at 9:20 (give or take 10 minutes) even if there isn't another title match as the main event.

E: same as above. Here's 10 wishing -1 a happy birthday

https://twitter.com/Pres10Vance/status/1350855877599916035?s=19

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

frankenfreak posted:

It's a death cult.

Ok enough about America, let’s talk about WWE!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Senerio posted:

Honestly the big thing for the women's division that sticks out to me is that when there's a TNT, Men's, or Tag title match it main events (if it's the only title match), whereas the women's title is always at 9:20 (give or take 10 minutes) even if there isn't another title match as the main event.

Yeah, individually they treat their divisions well. Its just about keeping all the balls in the air at the same time.