Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is that endzone fumble touchback rule because of the Holy Roller play or something? It's my most hated NFL rule and I like the Chiefs. I feel like the defense did nothing to earn possession, why should they get the ball? At worst penalize the offense a down like an incomplete, or put the ball for the offense where it hit the ground or went out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I couldn't care about the touchback rule. The uncalled killshot is the infuriating part.

I mean the rule is dumb, but yeah the loving uncalled head to head is insane. Especially when the ref is right loving there to see it. He basically had to have seen it.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Lol at all the posters thinking the Browns even had a chance with a non-existent defense

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

420_Power_Rangers posted:

He straight up dropped his head and lead with his helmet. How is that not malicious?

I mean he laid out to hit a player who was already laying out, I don’t know how you stop him otherwise.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

indigi posted:

never, him and Reid are too likable

dunno

mcnabb was very likeable too

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Ostentatious posted:

Don’t get why people are complaining about the rule just don’t fumble stupid maybe play football better and this doesn’t happen

Where I'm at.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The extremely epic scorigami

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

sweet thursday posted:

Running that patented Swiss Cheese defense

Since tony romo pointed out those deep crossing routes I see them on every play and the browns can’t stop it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Big Beef City posted:

Who the gently caress is Jon Bois and why are people compelled to post their lame as poo poo tweets all the time

I think he’s the E=MCvagina guy?

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

wilderthanmild posted:

I mean the rule is dumb, but yeah the loving uncalled head to head is insane. Especially when the ref is right loving there to see it. He basically had to have seen it.
Fix is in

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

puppets freak me out posted:

I love football rules that make players try less hard to score

To my knowledge there’s never been any real drive or campaign from any team to get this rule changed. And that’s in a league that’s always trying to boost scoring.

So I can only conclude players, coaches, owners, and officials love it. And I love it too.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Zwabu posted:

Is that endzone fumble touchback rule because of the Holy Roller play or something?

No, totally unrelated.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

I mean, it’s a rule on all levels dating back to probably the beginning of the game. It’s dumb, but it’s not something they just made up 5 years ago.

Browns fans 100% have a grievance on the hit, but not the fumble itself and the result.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ostentatious posted:

Don’t get why people are complaining about the rule just don’t fumble stupid maybe play football better and this doesn’t happen

Fumbles work a certain way for 95% of the time, but by god when we get into the 5% is when we see some seriously wild poo poo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

General Dog posted:

I mean he laid out to hit a player who was already laying out, I don’t know how you stop him otherwise.

Don't lower your head and throw it at the other guy like a battering ram. That wasn't even an attempt at a tackle, it was straight up the definition of launching

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That helmet to helmet was BS man.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The was such a dagger.

That rule is so stupid. I fumble out of bounds anywhere else on the field doesn't result in the other team getting the ball.

and running anywhere else on the field doesn’t result in 6 points, this is a stupid argument

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Last AFCN Team Standing against the best football team in NFL. The Browns.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Also the Sorenson guy is still very wtf / clutch / dangerous... Not over it.

*hit

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
That touchback rule is because of tom br*dy.

FYI.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

sorensen is a dirty piece of poo poo of a player too

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The rule is cool and good. Don’t fumble through the endzone.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

I think he’s the E=MCvagina guy?

Nah that's a different guy

Now that you point it out I can't shake the similar energy though.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
There was Zero reason to dive there rule is good

If review wasn’t poo poo that would have been spearing first and goal.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

The rule is cool and good. Don’t fumble through the endzone.

That’s why the rule never gets changed. It’s hilarious when it happens to anyone but your team.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Zwabu posted:

Is that endzone fumble touchback rule because of the Holy Roller play or something? It's my most hated NFL rule and I like the Chiefs. I feel like the defense did nothing to earn possession, why should they get the ball? At worst penalize the offense a down like an incomplete, or put the ball for the offense where it hit the ground or went out.

its just the touchback rule, its just what a touchback is. a touchback is the ball rolling out of the back of the endzone or being downed by a defensive player in the endzone. its not some special rule, its just TOUCHBACK DEFENITION: MAKE THEM BROWNS GO HOME

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Codependent Poster posted:

Don't lower your head and throw it at the other guy like a battering ram. That wasn't even an attempt at a tackle, it was straight up the definition of launching

If it’s that or let him score, you hazard the flag. In this case, it seems to have worked out. It should’ve been flagged, but it wasn’t.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
well the rule singlehandedly killed my motivation to watch the rest of this game, so

thanks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't really see the problem with the touchback rule but that was a pretty egregious hit, especially when the refs were flagging everything on that drive.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ghost Dog posted:

its just the touchback rule, its just what a touchback is. a touchback is the ball rolling out of the back of the endzone or being downed by a defensive player in the endzone. its not some special rule, its just TOUCHBACK DEFENITION: MAKE THEM BROWNS GO HOME

LMAO look at the butthurt from a Ravens fan because his QB and Team choked hard.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

*me watching the bills score touchdowns* why are those worth more than missed field goals?? this is so arbitrary, what a dumb rule

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

If it’s that or let him score, you hazard the flag.

Well yes, but they should've thrown the loving flag is the thing

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

Acebuckeye13 posted:

well the rule singlehandedly killed my motivation to watch the rest of this game, so

thanks

:cry:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

That fumble touchback is making the Defense play like boiled poo poo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

bean mom posted:

sorensen is a dirty piece of poo poo of a player too

My take is he's just bad mostly and normal dirty by safety standards.

Obviously that was a bad hit but one that a lot of safeties end up making. If you want to ban him from the league and erase his salary I mostly won't complain. Even though he oddly comes up with those plays out of his rear end (not always dirty!) in exactly those situations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

thanks

what killed your motivation to watch this game is that the Browns lovely offense has no chance of coming back

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

It’s 2021 and I just learned what a touchback is. Game ruined. gently caress you NFL!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hres an idea dont fumble lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

thanks

U will b missd
Rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

MJeff posted:

I don't really see the problem with the touchback rule but that was a pretty egregious hit, especially when the refs were flagging everything on that drive.

Yea, the Chiefs D was making some aggressive mistakes. Pretty sure they knew it too