Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Splode posted:

I don't know if this is language evolving so much as devolving. We already have a word for centre, it's centre.
first off, its center

this is some of the stupid poo poo ive heard. go back and say this to shakespeare or some 17th century victorian for how we got words that are words today

Serephina posted:

Listen you yeeter, just cuz your repeated failages in life, don't narc on those literally epic uwus, and go clamshell.
now im upset about language!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I will never doubt Isuzu's cab latches again. Too bad, that was a tough little truck.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
What gets me is the way the truck bounces forward after the impact. It almost demands cartoon sound effects.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qn3b67L0VD1r0uzl6.mp4

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

When your own joke is so funny that you screenshot and share it

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

he's going to have some crooked shoulders after working there for a few weeks

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the background singer here caught a 50kg sack to the throat and decided on a career change into music.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

NoneMoreNegative posted:

the background singer here caught a 50kg sack to the throat and decided on a career change into music.

"I used to be a warehouse worker like you, but then I took a sack in the neck!"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Wasabi the J posted:

Just don't ever read etymologies then if this upsets you.

language changes constantly. for example, a real rear end in a top hat from some earlier time would tell me that no, it changes continually. but now either one is fine.

the tl;dr is that literally doesn't literally mean "literally"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Platystemon posted:

This one has bolt‐ons: :nws: lewd statuary

:nws:nws for nipples:nws:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Empty Sandwich posted:

the tl;dr is that literally doesn't literally mean "literally"

Just like how unlimited means limited now

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

He's got his PPE

Personal Protective Esteban

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Esteban there isnt even doing it right. Everyone knows the correct fall protection hold placement are shirt collar and belt, not the shirt tail.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Platystemon posted:

Do NOT look up the etymology of “until”.

Hahahaha oh no

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

madeintaipei posted:

I will never doubt Isuzu's cab latches again. Too bad, that was a tough little truck.

Shear bolts working as designed!!

Is that just a stock photo, or does someone not know what a bulldozer looks like?

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

wesleywillis posted:

Is that just a stock photo, or does someone not know what a bulldozer looks like?

Probably a stock photo, but some people use "bulldozer" as a generic word for various pieces of heavy construction equipment. I was super mad about this when I was 7.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

wesleywillis posted:

Shear bolts working as designed!!

A rubber tired dozer (wheel dozer) is a thing, not saying that is the case here but technically could be correct.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

DonVincenzo posted:

Hi, truckfuckler here. Sometimes people load weird things in the boxes I carry. I'm still unsure how they managed 1°)not to kill anyone 2°)not tip my trailer over. At some point one of the guy was directly below the load as show in pic #2.

A few pages back but resides me of this:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/iphZ2Xb.mp4

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Language has been devolving since we moved on from grunts and hand gestures

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

wesleywillis posted:

Apparently I don't know what a bulldozer is. What do you call the vehicle in the picture?

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013
Front end loader. (With a snow plow blade on it.)

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Front End Loader, or wheeled loader.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

EasilyConfused posted:

Apparently I don't know what a bulldozer is. What do you call the vehicle in the picture?

I think bucket loader?

e: ^^ or not. Front End Loader it is then.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
That makes no sense? A loader has a bucket on it, you know, for picking up poo poo and loading it onto a truck or in a big pile or whatever.

If it has a blade on the front for pushing stuff around, it's a dozer.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
They are different vehicle chassis regardless of which tool is mounted

It's a wheeled front end loader with a snow plow blade. Bulldozers are like tanks with perpendicular pusher blades that just go up and down

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/cWV77q7.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
watching some trainhopping vids and the guy's usual insanely dangerous climbing on roofs is outshined by sitting right over the wheels of this train:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9BQ4eLRXH0

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Hello red bull? I am highly qualified to participate in this sport because of my years of towing GA planes, where do I sign up?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

EasilyConfused posted:

a killdozer, obviously

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I've watched enough Canada's Worst Driver to be legitimately impressed by that trailer reverse.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/uvpymp4.mp4

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

MRC48B posted:

Probably a stock photo, but some people use "bulldozer" as a generic word for various pieces of heavy construction equipment. I was super mad about this when I was 7.

We will never escape the language derail :unsmigghh:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

even if i knew it was like 100% safe i don't think i'd ever grip something which could electrocute me after hearing so many horror stories

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Swiss like building dangerous things that go across roads - airports, shooting ranges...

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

The Bloop posted:

They are different vehicle chassis regardless of which tool is mounted

It's a wheeled front end loader with a snow plow blade. Bulldozers are like tanks with perpendicular pusher blades that just go up and down

The one in the OP is a wheeled loader with a plow blade yes, but it's the hydraulics and the boom that make it a loader, not the wheels or tracks.

Wheeled dozer.

Tracked loader

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Cthulu Carl posted:

The Swiss like building dangerous things that go across roads - airports, shooting ranges...
They have no access to the ocean and a shortage of car batteries, can you blame them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/3pTV7ZD.mp4